User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I disagree.  My answer was quite clear.  Of course, to anyone capable of thinking.

On the other hand, for deadbrains things like this fly over their heads because they are not programmed to "be outraged" about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Since-biden-in-office-2-5-million-illegals-caught-2-3-mil-released-expect-540-600k-month-now/5-2542505/?r=-1&page=1&anc=98047504#i98047504

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you seem to be making a strong case in favor of your position regarding the question of this thread.

So which is it?

10 years from now, which will be a better place to live, Russia or the United States?

I already answered that.  Go back to my initial post on this thread.

Actually, you never really did. You gave a vague, waffling response toward the direct subject, and then attempted to bring in a non-sequitar... In a thread about Russia and the US you wanted to talk about Brazil, apparently. Or Mexico.

Kind of seems like your thing

Quoted:

If we look at Russia's numbers such as population growth and economy growth, whoever came up with this must be smoking something really good.

However, cannot say, under the current trend, that the US will be much better.

However, at the risk of flames, I'd venture to say that countries like Brazil have a good chance to be close, or at the top, if their leadership manage to keep the left at bay.

Brazil has general elections this year.  Let's see if the left will be able to commit blatant fraud there as it did here.

I disagree.  My answer was quite clear.  Of course, to anyone capable of thinking.

On the other hand, for deadbrains things like this fly over their heads because they are not programmed to "be outraged" about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Since-biden-in-office-2-5-million-illegals-caught-2-3-mil-released-expect-540-600k-month-now/5-2542505/?r=-1&page=1&anc=98047504#i98047504

It's not a matter of opinion. You did not give an answer; you gave a response. Your first statement says you don't find the projections for Russia to be convincing, but that doesn't answer the question about whether you think it will be superior to the US as a place to live. Your next statement is a negative declaration; you say you *cannot* say that the US will be much better. That statement allows for any ranking between Russia and the US except "the US will be much better than Russia". Thus, in no combination can any definite conclusion be drawn. It's a non-answer. Then your next two statements are centered on Brazil.

So, let's just reset. Why don't you just clarify it now, so we're all on the same page: 10 years from now, which will be a better place to live, Russia or the United States?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
So effectively the question in the OP is, if in 10 years the USA becomes a worse place to live than Russia, which country will be a better place to live?

In reality, USA won't become a worse place to live than Russia. A remote part of the Rocky Mountains would be far better than Siberia. Here in the USA you would actually be able to acquire the electronics you would want to use on your internet connection, in Russia that would be in question, and once stuff starts breaking, you might not be able to get replacements without dealing with people who might rip you off.

Definitely in 10 years, the USA will be a better place to live than Russia.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You never answered the question.

You make many arguments against the US and in favor of Russia, but you never actually answered the question.

You never really say anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you seem to be making a strong case in favor of your position regarding the question of this thread.

So which is it?

10 years from now, which will be a better place to live, Russia or the United States?

You make many arguments against the US and in favor of Russia, but you never actually answered the question.

Where did I make a single argument in favor of Russia?  Did you read my post?  So I need to expand more?

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's not a matter of opinion. You did not give an answer; you gave a response. Your first statement says you don't find the projections for Russia to be convincing, but that doesn't answer the question about whether you think it will be superior to the US as a place to live. Your next statement is a negative declaration; you say you *cannot* say that the US will be much better. That statement allows for any ranking between Russia and the US except "the US will be much better than Russia". Thus, in no combination can any definite conclusion be drawn. It's a non-answer. Then your next two statements are centered on Brazil.

So, let's just reset. Why don't you just clarify it now, so we're all on the same page: 10 years from now, which will be a better place to live, Russia or the United States?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So which is it?

Actually, you never really did. You gave a vague, waffling response toward the direct subject, and then attempted to bring in a non-sequitar... In a thread about Russia and the US you wanted to talk about Brazil, apparently. Or Mexico.

Kind of seems like your thing

Quoted:

If we look at Russia's numbers such as population growth and economy growth, whoever came up with this must be smoking something really good.

However, cannot say, under the current trend, that the US will be much better.

However, at the risk of flames, I'd venture to say that countries like Brazil have a good chance to be close, or at the top, if their leadership manage to keep the left at bay.

Brazil has general elections this year.  Let's see if the left will be able to commit blatant fraud there as it did here.

So, let me rephrase.  Right now, with the information in hand, I cannot tell whether the US or Russia will be the better of each other.

Russia has Putin and the oligarchs screwing it up.  The US has the corrupt and incompetent politicians screwing it up.  If both keep going that route, it will be difficult to tell which will be worse in 10 years.

Therefore, I made a comment about black horses in this race, and cited Brazil as a country that has a great possibility to come up ahead, provided it does not fall in the leftists' claws.

Does this make it clearer?

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fremdschämen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So which is it?

Where did I make a single argument in favor of Russia?  Did you read my post?  So I need to expand more?

Fremdschämen.

That's debatable, mostly when you consistently push for Ukraine and ignore the issues in the US and its implications for the health of this country.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s just the obsessive little voice in your head telling you that.

When normal people are discussing the war between Russia and Ukraine, we talk about…the war between Russia and Ukraine.

But there you are, looking on, muttering to yourself, “I don’t understand…Why aren’t they talking about illegal aliens and the US/Mexico border?”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So which is it?

Fremdschämen.

That's debatable, mostly when you consistently push for Ukraine and ignore the issues in the US and its implications for the health of this country.  

That’s just the obsessive little voice in your head telling you that.

When normal people are discussing the war between Russia and Ukraine, we talk about…the war between Russia and Ukraine.

But there you are, looking on, muttering to yourself, “I don’t understand…Why aren’t they talking about illegal aliens and the US/Mexico border?”

Because that's what intelligent discussions are.  They bring broader views and do not focus on myopic discussions only, mostly when the subjects brought to light in that discussion are/can be interrelated and can explain many "whys".  Otherwise, it's just like the cat chasing the laser dot.  They go wherever the one holding the laser wants.  

ETA:  We are digressing again.  I'll stop here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I've elected to be advance party. I've been to Russia a number of times but that's not the same as living here. I'll let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
It's been 3 weeks since moving to Russia and I am still quite happy with my decision. I feel like I am living in 1970's America but with internet and cell phones.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's been 3 weeks since moving to Russia and I am still quite happy with my decision. I feel like I am living in 1970's America but with internet and cell phones.
View Quote

Thanks for the update, Russell.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How's that Martial Law going?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no martial law here. Everything is quite normal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know who Russell is and don't care.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You should try to publicly opine negatively about the war.

See how that works out for you.

Try hosting a website devoted to the truth about what’s happening in Ukraine.

Or simply say that thousands and thousands of  Russians have been killed and captured.

Enjoy that freedom.

Since the invasion of Ukraine, it is estimated that more than 400,000 Russians have left Russia, due to a desire to evade criminal prosecution for exercising free speech regarding the invasion.

But you go there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or simply say that thousands and thousands of  Russians have been killed and captured.

Enjoy that freedom.

Since the invasion of Ukraine, it is estimated that more than 400,000 Russians have left Russia, due to a desire to evade criminal prosecution for exercising free speech regarding the invasion.

But you go there?

Are you talking about the US?  Websites that talk about what the powers to be do not approve are shut down. GoDaddy comes to mind.  Anyone posting what the powers to be do not approve is censored (youtube, fecesbook, twat, etc.).  Professionals who freely expose their opinions or exercise their rights are fired or banned (covid and other crap like that comes to mind).

No one talks about Americans leaving to other countries because cost of living here is getting too expensive for some retirees and they end up going to some godforsaken shithole to spend the rest of their years.  Yet, millions are smuggled illegally by the powers to be to help building their neocolonialist regime.

Is Russia also totally open for mediocrity and promiscuity like the US?  Corruption appears to be at the same levels.

So, it appears that it's a matter of choosing which hell is less inconvenient, isn't it?

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

“Neocolonialist regime”  

You equate a US private website banning you for content they don’t like, to Russia arresting and imprisoning people for speaking words about the war?

That’s some snowflake shit, right there.

Or Russian apologist shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy that freedom.

But you go there?

Are you talking about the US?  Websites that talk about what the powers to be do not approve are shut down. GoDaddy comes to mind.  Anyone posting what the powers to be do not approve is censored (youtube, fecesbook, twat, etc.).  Professionals who freely expose their opinions or exercise their rights are fired or banned (covid and other crap like that comes to mind).

No one talks about Americans leaving to other countries because cost of living here is getting too expensive for some retirees and they end up going to some godforsaken shithole to spend the rest of their years.  Yet, millions are smuggled illegally by the powers to be to help building their neocolonialist regime.

Is Russia also totally open for mediocrity and promiscuity like the US?  Corruption appears to be at the same levels.

So, it appears that it's a matter of choosing which hell is less inconvenient, isn't it?

“Neocolonialist regime”  

You equate a US private website banning you for content they don’t like, to Russia arresting and imprisoning people for speaking words about the war?

"Snowflake"?   LOL!   If that makes you happy, ask the folks who fell for "Trojan Horse" Trump's Jan 6 "yuge demonstration", got arrested and their lives destroyed.  Some got killed, by the way.

Also ask the folks who had to take that "vaccine" due to the .gov's direct mandates or support and got screwed for taking it or refusing it.  Or ask the folks (many doctors and healthcare professionals) who wrote anything questioning the official narrative and got their lives destroyed. Some were arrested.  Does Russia have a similar "covid program"?

Let's not start about the "free elections" system formally implemented in 2020.  Even Putin must be impressed.  The apprentices supplanted the masters.

You seem very "upset" when someone questions your "free Ukraine!" narrative but the examples you give make it exactly the same shit, just with different flies.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Very close call, probably.

Doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Upset?  I am pointing at you and laughing at you.

That’s not “upset.”  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy that freedom.

But you go there?

“Neocolonialist regime”  

You seem very "upset" when someone questions your "free Ukraine!" narrative but the examples you give make it exactly the same shit, just with different flies.

That’s not “upset.”  

You are from a very different place where moral and ethical standards are completely different (are you in Ukraine?).  Where I come from, private companies acting in a despotic way, promoting mediocrity, corruption and promiscuity, and having a corrupt government backing that behavior, is nothing to laugh about.  It's no wonder that you desperately want to maintain Ukraine's status quo.  Not that the one invading it is better. Therefore, I won't waste my time defending either side.  I have worse problems to deal with here in the US.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And yet you do.  lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy that freedom.

But you go there?

“Neocolonialist regime”  

That’s not “upset.”  

Therefore, I won't waste my time defending either side.

And yet you do.  lol

You do realize that you and a few of your "kommrades" are the ones going after any thread that questions the Ukraine narrative and desperately try to convince everyone that "it's the right thing to do", or you do not?   The desperate effort you guys have been putting is glaring (and hilarious).  

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Happy Independence Day!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bump.

Happy Independence Day!

And Happy Independence Day to you!!

@Cincinnatus
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Did you celebrate the day by proudly flying the American flag?
View Quote

No, but I said a little prayer for the Constitution.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Rooting for Russia is like rooting for North Korea.  Give it a few more months and the Russians will be pulling T34s and T55s out of museums to fight in Ukraine, and driving wood powered trucks just like the North Koreans.  Russia is like a heart shot deer, it's dead and it doesn't even know it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#35]
@jekbrown

OP, it's been 2 years already! Things have been getting worse in the US but there's a glimmer of hope in the recent Supreme Court rulings.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Since North America, NATO and Russia are on track for a nuclear showdown, I'm thinking Argentina.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Since North America, NATO and Russia are on track for a nuclear showdown, I'm thinking Argentina.
View Quote

You need to pick somewhere that you know the language and have some connection to the locals. An economic failure leading to famine is at least as likely as nuclear war.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Russia, at our current rate and it's quite bit closer than ten years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Russia, at our current rate and it's quite bit closer than ten years.
View Quote

You're ignoring the problems that Russia is facing in the intermediate and long term. They have a severe lack of skilled workers. Economy sucks. Abandoned and run-down buildings everywhere. Population aging and declining.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why did you move to Russia?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This came up in the big riot thread, and like 99% of Americans I scoffed at this at first...but at this point, I actually think it's not unimaginable that we could get to a point, in a decade or less, where it's a legit question. I'm not saying "let's compare 2020 Russia vs 2020 USA". For the sake of argument, what we're going to do is imagine a world where 2030 Russia remains largely the same as it is now, but here in the US democrats take over in DC after the 2020 election. They hold the WH, the House, and they take a very slight majority in the Senate with Biden's VP being a tie breaker. Let's further stipulate that the left focuses HARD on banning guns at the federal level. Think about the effort they made on Obamacare. Same deal here, complete with the same kind of jacked up behind the scenes arm twisting and "we have to vote on it before you can see what's in it" treachery that Pelosi/Reid/Obama used before. Due to that effort, they manage to get gun control passed, with the new laws being somewhat similar to the UK. Imports are as locked down as Germany. Outside of that, other changes in the US are incremental...which is to say more government control, more gov spending, more debt, more social programs etc. than we currently have in 2020 USA.

IF that were to happen, would you rather live in Russia or the USA? Some things that might influence the decision:

1) Russia has a flat 13% income tax
2) Russia has less SJW bullshit
3) In Russia people are taught to love their country. A lot of it may be propaganda, but by and large people DO.
4) In Russia they have ASSLOADS of rural land. There's places in Russia where you can buy thousands of acres for under $100,000.
5) Large swaths of the media is state controlled there...but then again what's the difference between that and the gleefully-willing alliance between the American media and the DNC?
6) If you talk smack about Putin, you mind get in trouble. On the other hand, in the US if you say something as simple as "all lives matter" you might lose your job, your business, your house and/or your life...and that's in 2020. It's almost certain to get worse by 2030.
7) By 2030 Starlink will give you fast internet everywhere in the world, including BFE Siberia.

I'm not saying I'm moving to Russia. I'm a Texan now and I'll lead a second TX Revolution to leave the US before I move to Russia...I'm just saying that this is a sign of just how fucked up our 'direction' is right now where this could even be a question. If you disagree, please do so with factual reasons why you'd rather live here and with the criteria of the scenario in mind. We're not talking about Stalin's USSR or 1975 USSR...or even 2020 Russia. Every country has done bad shit at one time or another. I'm talking purely about what is entirely plausible over the the next decade.
View Quote

If Russia is such a great place how come we aren't seeing countries and people around the world risking life and fortune to join Russia?
If the USA is so bad why are millions risking life and fortune to get here?
Over 97% of the Russian auto industry is shut down, and you say their economy is great?  
Go back to Russia and tell Putin to eat a fat one and tell us how many years you get.

OP, the only thing 'F'ed" up is your faulty reasoning skills.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So, let me rephrase.  Right now, with the information in hand, I cannot tell whether the US or Russia will be the better of each other.

Russia has Putin and the oligarchs screwing it up.  The US has the corrupt and incompetent politicians screwing it up.  If both keep going that route, it will be difficult to tell which will be worse in 10 years.

Therefore, I made a comment about black horses in this race, and cited Brazil as a country that has a great possibility to come up ahead, provided it does not fall in the leftists' claws.

View Quote

I have three generations of family serving as missionaries in Brazil. I have been there myself. No matter how far Brazil has come, they are nowhere near the USA. Despite some of their children being born and raised in Brazil all but those serving as missionaries come back to live in America. In Brazil, mandatory service is required for 12 months upon turning 18.  Sounds more like service in Russia than in the USA.  OP, try to keep up. All governments are corrupt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Argie economy sucks.

Maybe Uruquay.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have three generations of family serving as missionaries in Brazil. I have been there myself. No matter how far Brazil has come, they are nowhere near the USA. Despite some of their children being born and raised in Brazil all but those serving as missionaries come back to live in America. In Brazil, mandatory service is required for 12 months upon turning 18.  Sounds more like service in Russia than in the USA.  OP, try to keep up. All governments are corrupt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would agree if the US weren't going down in flames under the current administration.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If Russia is such a great place how come we aren't seeing countries and people around the world risking life and fortune to join Russia?
If the USA is so bad why are millions risking life and fortune to get here?
Over 97% of the Russian auto industry is shut down, and you say their economy is great?  
Go back to Russia and tell Putin to eat a fat one and tell us how many years you get.

OP, the only thing 'F'ed" up is your faulty reasoning skills.

View Quote

You OBVIOUSLY didn't read the post. What USA and Russia are like now isn't relevant, we're talking about 10 years out. I don't remember saying that their economy is great either. They have minimal foreign debt, I did mention that. In any case, go back and read.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#47]
It’ll get bad but I don’t think it will get that bad.  Short of a nuclear exchange i can’t see the us being a shithole like Russia in 10 years.  Owned by the Chinese, sure.  But not quite a shithole.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I would agree if the US weren't going down in flames under the current administration.

View Quote

Going down in flames is an understatement.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you said that about Russia, while in Russia… you’d be imprisoned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going down in flames is an understatement.

If you said that about Russia, while in Russia… you’d be imprisoned.

We'll get there.  Ask the Jan 6 folks how they are doing.

Also ask the folks who did not wear masks, refused "vaccines", etc. It has only started here.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top