BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He did that blind??  I noticed the holes weren't opened up like a spotter spindle would do and wondered about that.  Then I read he had no idea his impacts until he walked up to target, which explains that.   That is a seriously huge holy shit.  

That is absolutely amazing.
View Quote

He musta got ahold of some of my reloads
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It was great shooting no doubt (along with impeccable load development/preparation and hardware that is capable).

HOWEVER, I guarantee he got lucky with wind conditions being totally favorable for all ten shots. He did the rest.
View Quote

HOWEVER, I guarantee this is discussed in the article....
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I figure everybody shooting had the same "luck" with weather this guy had. . .yet nobody else shot that well.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow, his spotter must have been nervous calling it when 10 veered off to the right!
View Quote

Spotter??
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Conditions had to be just about perfect for that guy to do that and he has some very serious skill to be able to do that at 1,000.  I bet his ass puckered quite a bit after seeing where shot 10 hit.  He almost 9X'd it instead of 10X.  Bet the conditions were changing.  Amesome record....
View Quote

He didn't see where any of the shots hit until he saw where they ALL hit.
Does anyone read the linked articles?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that’s awesome
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn that guy ages well.

That is some seriously impressive shooting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
His reloads target an extreme spread of 10 FPS!

lol I bet some chronos aren’t even that accurate!

Don’t you got to make sure all your ammo stays the same temperature within a few degrees for that level of velocity consistency?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look at the #1,2,3 hits!

https://accurateshooter.net/pix/greer21x4.jpg
View Quote

They don’t mark the shots. You shoot your 10 then go look

Just labeled that way left to right for the program
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Impressive!
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
My last 880 yard shoot (half mile) was 5.56 with a 20” AR.

I hit 59/60 shots on an 18” steel gong.

Was a hell of a lot of fun.  Also proves that I have 47 years to work on catching up to this dude. I’m not close.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Everyone would shit on his endorsement.

HE 0nlY UseS VOrTex BeCauSe thEY pAy HIm!!!!

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Thought it was fake, but the dude shot it at a competition. Fucking wow.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They don't mark the shots. You shoot your 10 then go look

Just labeled that way left to right for the program
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
His reloads target an extreme spread of 10 FPS!

lol I bet some chronos aren't even that accurate!

Don't you got to make sure all your ammo stays the same temperature within a few degrees for that level of velocity consistency?
View Quote
I've found the Reloader line of powder to be extremely consistent.  I don't use 23 but have basically switched to 15, 19 and 22 for practically everything I reload for precision.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#16]
That’s impressive. He’s a damn good shooter.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Easy peasy when you don't have the shakes and your heart is so old it only beats 6 or 7 times per minute
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’d hate to have him actively hunting me.
View Quote

Meh. Just don't walk in front of his rifle. That thing must weight 40 pounds. Not good for swing to track a crossing target.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
1.5K in Vortex glass?  That's pretty cheap!  I world have thought Swarovski something or  Leupold.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That dude is 83?!

Doesn't look more than 60 or so.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1.5K in Vortex glass?  That's pretty cheap!  I world have thought Swarovski something or  Leupold.
View Quote

Vortex Sightron and nightforce are all popular br scopes. Most anything with high magnification. I use a nightforce 12-42x56 on my 6mm Dasher
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That is impressive though
View Quote

^
The guy was all over the bullseye... and that one shot was barely touching
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#23]
damn son
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Vortex Sightron and nightforce are all popular br scopes. Most anything with high magnification. I use a nightforce 12-42x56 on my 6mm Dasher
View Quote

^
He must of used the $$ he saved in glass and invested it in the shooting rest.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

^
He must of used the $$ he saved in glass and invested it in the shooting rest.
View Quote

BR shooters don't know what saving money is. The Vortex Golden Eagle is a fine optic. I know several that ditched their March scopes for Sightron or Vortex
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I've shot many many 10X's.........with the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Amazing equipment
Amazing ammo
Amazing skill and experience (skill teaches you how and when to pull the trigger, experience teaches when not to pull the trigger )
A bit of luck (no wind or very steady wind)

Quite a bit of great shooting!

I had a friend (RIP Bill) who was a serious Palma shooter who used to wish for wind . He would claim there were younger guys who were in better shape than him and better eyesight but only a very few with his experience at reading and holding into the wind . Palma is big in Canada and Bill took the winner trophy at the Canadian Nationals one year .

Palma is a 3 range match shot prone at 600,800 and 1,000 yds .
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Okay some one with a good ballistic app needs to see what a 5 or 10 fps spread does at that range.

Yes I think there is a damn lot of skill involved, but a damn lot of luck too. What does a 1/10 mph wind change at 500 do to the bullet by the time it gets to 1000, or even a 5 degree change in the angle of wind. I am talking about things that you just cant really measure or plans for. You just need to be good, take your shots and hope.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Having a lot of skill makes you lucky.

Putting ten in that tight at 1000 yards is way beyond luck.

[ETA] Just having a gun and ammo that can do that is remarkable. This is really fucking phenomenal shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Extreme novice regarding long range shooting, how much of this is skill and how much is luck?

I realize this dude is a badass shooter, but with that kid of range, certain variables have to come into play you can’t control.

Having a lot of skill makes you lucky.

Putting ten in that tight at 1000 yards is way beyond luck.

[ETA] Just having a gun and ammo that can do that is remarkable. This is really fucking phenomenal shooting.

This,.... you have to have the skill to do it and the luck other factors don’t blow it.....literally....thinks like a puff of a slightly different wind.  

So yea skill with luck to hold it straight for ten shots.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Ya know if he’d done it on a range with just him and a couple friends to witness it? Sure call it ‘luck’ and say yeah he was skilled but..... bullshit.  This was a competition with other presumably skilled shooters on the line under the same conditions. And THEY didn’t shoot that group. This was raw skill. Man knows which end of the gun a boolet comes outta.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That is insane.

I managed 5 shots in 9" at 1000 and was damn proud!
View Quote

I'll always be proud that I had 3 out of 5 hits on a 4MOA target the first time I shot at 1,000yds

This accomplishment is basically impossible for me so I'll just be happy for him and not jealous
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Okay some one with a good ballistic app needs to see what a 5 or 10 fps spread does at that range.

Yes I think there is a damn lot of skill involved, but a damn lot of luck too. What does a 1/10 mph wind change at 500 do to the bullet by the time it gets to 1000, or even a 5 degree change in the angle of wind. I am talking about things that you just cant really measure or plans for. You just need to be good, take your shots and hope.
View Quote
Strelok Pro doesn't have a 220 grain Berger Hybrid (from the article) but it has a 215 and a 230.

Using the 215 grain @ nominal 3000 fps mv, a drop to 2990 fps results in a 1.9" deviation at 1000 yards.  So it looks like a 10 fps spread in velocity would have cause a greater deviation than his actual vertical dispersion of 1.664"
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#33]
"I want to shoot one thousand yards"
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just shot a 1000 yard match this weekend, running a 6.5 CM.  Ran that very calculation.  A 20 fps difference (at the 1000 yard target, not the muzzle) gives less than an inch of additional bullet drop on a 147 gr ELD while passing at 600 yards.   That same load impact at 1000 yards at ~1500 fps on target, gives over 5" of bullet drop differential.   Things show up at 1000 yards that don't show up at all at even 600 yards. It was an educational experience, and  a real groan dropping a low 9, and then seeing the ShotMarker reporting the on-target velocity as 30 fps slower than the prior shot. You start getting some real verticle stringing with all but the best ammo.

I will say, that 147gr ELD out of a Creedmoor held wind very darned well.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top