BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@torque556 how long does the battery last at max brightness?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@torque556 how long does the battery last at max brightness?

It'll ramp down at 45 seconds I think, for thermal control.  It can do that several times before locking out of turbo due to low voltage, but I'm not sure how many times.  It lights up a 1 acre back yard like it's daytime, nearly a full 180* from the flashlight head.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I looked at the Noctigon, and was utterly confused by the instructions.  Who wants such a complex flashlight?

https://www.noctigon.com/image/catalog/KR4/anduril-ui.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have flashlights that use many different batteries

Aaa
Aa
Cr123
18650protecred
18650 unprotected

And a few proprietary cells

In my opinion the jump from 18650 to 21700 is an easy one to make for a handheld light

On a rifle light it gets harder to justify as yes you do get extended run time, but you add weight were you least want it, near the muzzle.

My favorite light is a noctigon kr1, yes it made in China and takes 2weeks to get to you, but damn if it isn't the best pocket thrower I've ever bought. 1500lumen and 99k candela In such a small form factor is amazing.

It definitely isnt typical made In China junk. Machining wise it make surefire look like crap. And at $40 with a tritium vial on the button I just love it

For me the 18650 size is ideal

I looked at the Noctigon, and was utterly confused by the instructions.  Who wants such a complex flashlight?

The top left box and battery check is all you need, just ignore the rest.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone know what is going on?
View Quote

21700 based lights will be slightly fatter in the handle and have a slightly longer handle than 18650 based lights, since they’re a tad fatter/longer.

21700s can have upwards of 40%-50% more capacity than their counterparts.

Take your pick based on what’s important to you concerning flashlight usage.

I’m doing a discharge test on my four Samsung 50E, which are labeled 5000mAh, but won’t do much more than a 10A load, but that’s fine for my Xtar power bank.

I don’t own any 21700 based lights, as I’m more of an EDC guy and don’t need the extra runtime when out and about.

Chris
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have both the Emisar D4V1 and the D4V2 and they are bad ass lights in a small form factor, that do a lot of cool shit.

To be fair, I do keep the expanded manual up on my phone’s browser, lol.

They are the sheer definition of a ‘pocket rocket.’

Chris
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I run sanyo 16650's in all of my surefire scout lights.
More runtime and rechargeable.

Dan
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Any good source for
Cells?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

4-8-15-16-23-42
View Quote

You’re lost.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top