Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2023 3:10:51 AM EDT
On October 1st 1995, Robert Overacker went over Niagara Falls on a Jet Ski. His parachute failed to open and he plunged to his death. This is the last known image taken of him alive.

Witness video: My family was visiting from Germany and just happened to be casually filming when Robert ramped the shit out of the falls on a jet ski and went out in the best way possible.

Robert Overacker Ramps Niagara Falls

Robert Overacker, a 39 year old man challenged the mighty Horseshoe Falls at on October 1st 1995. He planned on riding on a single jet ski until he reached the brink of the Falls. There he would deploy a rocket propelled parachute, which would help him land in the River below the Falls to allow for a rescue.

Overacker launched himself into the Niagara River upstream of the Falls from the area of the Canadian Niagara Power Plant. At the brink of the Falls, Overacker ignited a the rocket which deployed the parachute as planned. Unfortunately, as the parachute deployed, it fell away from Overacker’s reach to the ground below. Unknown to Overacker, the parachute was not bound to his body. He did not pack the parachute prior to the stunt and he was unaware of this fatal error. His step-brother and a friend witnessed this unfolding tragedy as Overacker fell to his death to the water below, as the 15th person to challenge the Falls.

Link
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
These youtubers are getting out of control trying to get views
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It kind of amazed me when I visited exactly how accessible the falls actually are.

My favorite was still the guy who went over the falls in a kayak. He was so confident of his success that he had actually made dinner reservations at a restaurant downriver. His plan was to shoot the falls, paddle down to them and hop out at their dock.

I believe they found his one arm.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
What language was this translated from?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It kind of amazed me when I visited exactly how accessible the falls actually are.

My favorite was still the guy who went over the falls in a kayak. He was so confident of his success that he had actually made dinner reservations at a restaurant downriver. His plan was to shoot the falls, paddle down to them and hop out at their dock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137980/311c2d9a9ca3cf14ee5f7b30373d50e3_XL-2861823.jpg
View Quote
tfw you realize you misjudged it
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137980/311c2d9a9ca3cf14ee5f7b30373d50e3_XL-2861823.jpg
View Quote

It is hard to imagine his Massive "W.T.F. did I get myself into!!" as his kayak started tipping over the edge of the falls.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Amazing he put that much planning into it, but didn’t check to see if the Chute was attached to the pack.     Who the hell packed that thing?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#7]
He should have sued the guy who packed the parachute.

Oh, wait ...
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Those falls create a ton of air movement, it's likely all that energy would not allow a chute to open properly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#9]
The falls are only 187 feet high your not going to deploy a chute in time.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The falls are only 187 feet high your not going to deploy a chute in time.

View Quote

That’s what the rockets were for.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#12]
The Emperors New Groove Waterfall Scene

Thought of this and I'm not ashamed
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Got it.

Boobies on this site verbotton. against the COC

Video of an individual committing suicide. perfectly fine.

I think the priorities of this place have gone to shit
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Primus - Over The Falls (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got it.

View Quote

If your life is really that empty you could always pay $24 for a Team Membership and see as many boobies on the Site as your heart desires.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If your life is really that empty you could always pay $24 for a Team Membership and see as many boobies on the Site as your heart desires.

View Quote

You can do that for free online all day long.  The ones you get to see for $24 you probably don't really want to see anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You can do that for free online all day long.  The ones you get to see for $24 you probably don't really want to see anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, but that's why I specifically added "on the Site."

One stop shopping and all.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Guy went for it, if he survived he'd be a legend.
Respect.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok...
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#21]
This an "IN" meme yet?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got it.

View Quote
It wasn't a suicide. He intended to survive the incredibly dangerous and foolish stunt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This an "IN" meme yet?
View Quote
It's more of an "Over" than an In.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This an "IN" meme yet?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#25]
If he really wanted a challenge in life, he could have tried getting married and raising kids.  He wouldn't have time to think about silly things, like jumping off falls.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#26]
80's and 90's had their fair share of wild retartedness that's for sure.

But we did for the pure fun of it, not for Tik Tok views.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like he’s reaching for the risers with his left arm, and finding nothing, while checking the harness with his right.  
Poor guy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Got it.

View Quote
There are lots of breasts in BOTD, just not GD
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Why didn't he use the reserve chute?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#31]
“I immediately regret this decision.”[/life]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#32]
In the early 1960s (I think it was) a 12-13 year old boy went over the falls wearing only a life jacket. He survived. I recall he was fishing with an adult male & their boat got tipped.

I'm surprised more idiots don't try the falls in some sort of padded, insulated device.

I've visited the falls, they're nothing to fuck around with, IMO. Massive amounts of water & energy there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Well that was stupid of him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got it.

View Quote

Plenty of boobs in BOTD forum. Or elsewhere on the internet for free.

OR....you could just scroll on by and quit your whining, cuz it's not gonna change.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
On October 1st 1995, Robert Overacker went over Niagara Falls on a Jet Ski. His parachute failed to open and he plunged to his death. This is the last known image taken of him alive.

https://external-preview.redd.it/XfLfWViOs_VDoK8MSLF-lG7AroBtdnDppLDM8xSH8EM.jpg?auto=webp&s=d465090caaaa4de410dea0be58f8d23f9f3c40a3

Witness video: My family was visiting from Germany and just happened to be casually filming when Robert ramped the shit out of the falls on a jet ski and went out in the best way possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Get6j81Aon8

Robert Overacker, a 39 year old man challenged the mighty Horseshoe Falls at on October 1st 1995. He planned on riding on a single jet ski until he reached the brink of the Falls. There he would deploy a rocket propelled parachute, which would help him land in the River below the Falls to allow for a rescue.

Overacker launched himself into the Niagara River upstream of the Falls from the area of the Canadian Niagara Power Plant. At the brink of the Falls, Overacker ignited a the rocket which deployed the parachute as planned. Unfortunately, as the parachute deployed, it fell away from Overacker’s reach to the ground below. Unknown to Overacker, the parachute was not bound to his body. He did not pack the parachute prior to the stunt and he was unaware of this fatal error. His step-brother and a friend witnessed this unfolding tragedy as Overacker fell to his death to the water below, as the 15th person to challenge the Falls.

Link
View Quote

I’m not seeing the parachute rocket ignite in the video.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#36]
missed opportunity to deploy the penguin umbrella
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Yet, they still voted for Biden.

Also, Tom Cruise's next stunt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#38]
What was the Over/under on Overacker getting over the undertow instead of getting sucked under the overarching spray? His overconfidence led him to underestimate the overwhelming difficulty in the underlying parachute cover. As he underwent free fall over the expected time, he understood that everything was probably over. “Do I have any over due library books? Who will service my wife’s undercarriage?” were no doubt just under the surface of his overly distracted mind.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#39]
According to Wikipedia:
The first recorded person to survive going over the falls was school teacher Annie Edson Taylor, who in 1901 successfully completed the stunt inside an oak barrel.
In the following 122 years, thousands of people have been swept over the falls, but only sixteen people have reportedly survived the feat.
View Quote
The Falls are not to be fucked with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#40]
If you look at a pic of dry Niagara Falls, it’s easy to see why you’re going to probably die, the water lands on rocks a few feet under the water / landing on rock and sliding / falling few hundred yards down a rocky mountainside.  You’re basically landing on a jagged rock shredder , not soft deep water like in a movie.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#41]
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you look at a pic of dry Niagara Falls, it’s easy to see why you’re going to probably die, the water lands on rocks a few feet under the water / landing on rock and sliding / falling few hundred yards down a rocky mountainside.  You’re basically landing on a jagged rock shredder , not soft deep water like in a movie.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/IMG_6143_jpeg-2895430.JPG

View Quote

Sometimes, if they actually survive the fall, the Falls will capture them and spin them around until long after they've run out of air, eventually spitting them out.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
View Quote

He died doing what he loved.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Awww shoot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#45]
"Jesus Christ."
                     Charles Darwin...
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

What possesses somebody to try this?

I kayak. Great Falls near me is Class V+, and only the best of the best attempt it. I think the biggest drop even in the roughest parts is only on the scale of 6-8 feet.

Running that in certain conditions is extremely dangerous. People die there in and out of kayaks on a relatively regular basis. It's almost trivial to get pinned or caught in a sieve.

Why anybody thinks a drop twenty times the size is a good idea is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I kayak. Great Falls near me is Class V+, and only the best of the best attempt it. I think the biggest drop even in the roughest parts is only on the scale of 6-8 feet.

Running that in certain conditions is extremely dangerous. People die there in and out of kayaks on a relatively regular basis. It's almost trivial to get pinned or caught in a sieve.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But just imagine if it had worked!!!

He could have gone into any kayak bar in the country and not have had to buy himself a drink!

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#48]
he's the reason there are still homeless people

Overacker went over the falls on a personal watercraft to raise awareness for the homeless. His rocket-propelled parachute failed to open and he fell to his death. Overacker's body was recovered the next day and he was pronounced dead at Niagara General Hospital.[47][48]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top