Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet it drives great, but at 6'-4", I'll never fit into it.
View Quote

You'd fit just fine. This was built by Americans for Americans.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd have a hard time paying that much for a Honda/Acura "supercar."  A 570S would be much more appealing.  Might be able to get a used Ferrari 458 for that price.
View Quote

Compare maintenance prices...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dang, that price is way higher than I thought it would be. I'd buy something more exotic for that price. Porsche, Viper, etc.

No way. Think 911 Carrera S at the most. The options are ridiculous on Porsche's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dang, that price is way higher than I thought it would be. I'd buy something more exotic for that price. Porsche, Viper, etc.

Quoted:
Quoted:
What can you get from Porsche that price?

911 Turbo
911 GT3

No way. Think 911 Carrera S at the most. The options are ridiculous on Porsche's.

Price range is $150-200k per the OP.

911 Turbo starts at $150k:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-turbo/

GT3 starts at $176k:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3-rs/

Carrera S starts at $107k.  No way to even option one to $150k:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-carrera-s/

Maybe you really should look things up before you declare "No way".

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd have a hard time paying that much for a Honda/Acura "supercar."  A 570S would be much more appealing.  Might be able to get a used Ferrari 458 for that price.

Do you have any maintenance prices for this new hybrid?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow, the designer lady is smoking hot in those blue hot pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8JwgDAPPqg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

2017 Acura NSX - Jay Leno's Garage

Wow, the designer lady is smoking hot in those blue hot pants

And no ring!

Go get her, Tiger.

ETA - after watching the whole video I wonder how the internal airflow would affect cars behind it on the track, and also what kind of wind noise the driver would hear at speed.  For those who don't want to watch the video, the designers took great pains to route air through the body of the car, dumping it at various points along the body, including a wide vent at the rear deck lid that contributes heavily to downforce (the spoiler is not necessary, and is optional.)

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]

2017 Acura NSX: The Slowest Supercar in the World?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDLUSqfqxg

0-60 3.0 seconds
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I won't lie.    That is more than I am willing to spend.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
573 hp, 476 lb-ft.... That's IT!? That's all Honda could wring out of 3.5 liters, 6 cylinders, 3 electric motors, and TWO turbos!?

They should just stick with making transportation appliances, they've forgotten how to make anything exciting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I freaking love the original NSX but I'm having a really hard time getting excited for the new NSX
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have to wait for track times but I'd be shocked if the Vette can touch it on a racetrack. I still wish they had kept it more to the original tho. I'm a huge Honda fan but I'll admit to being a little disappointed in the new NSX. The original was just so fucking good I imagine it was a really hard act to follow.
View Quote

We'll see later in the year. I went to the first track test here in the US for the GT3 version, I'm helping develop it for the IMSA and PWC series.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Comparing an Acura (Honda) to a Ferrari is silly, no matter how super it is. There's also a Honda dealership/shop in any decent size town in this country. How many certified Ferrari mechanics are there here? And, ding a fender? Forget about it. There's a reason why Ferraris are totaled out when there's minimal body damage.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn slow ass board causing a double tap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope. Comparing an Acura (Honda) to a Ferrari is silly, no matter how super it is. There's also a Honda dealership/shop in any decent size town in this country. How many certified Ferrari mechanics are there here? And, ding a fender? Forget about it. There's a reason why Ferraris are totaled out when there's minimal body damage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you don't really know then, do you.

The hybrid technology, the turbos, the electric motors, etc are probably quite expensive and I doubt just any Honda dealership would have the training to work on it.

And just because Hondas in general are very reliable, that doesn't necessarily carry over to all this new technology.

And I didn't compare a Honda to a Ferrari.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
573 hp, 476 lb-ft.... That's IT!? That's all Honda could wring out of 3.5 liters, 6 cylinders, 3 electric motors, and TWO turbos!?

They should just stick with making transportation appliances, they've forgotten how to make anything exciting.
View Quote

But I bet you make it to 200k without a problem
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#15]
More impressed after I saw the Jay Leno video, Michelle the designer was even more impressive !
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
That is nice.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Too much
Too late
Too slow

View Quote

Not that I'd ever be a buyer but this..
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ETA - after watching the whole video I wonder how the internal airflow would affect cars behind it on the track, and also what kind of wind noise the driver would hear at speed.

View Quote

Pretty much all the modern supercars are converging on that design. The WSJ guy http://www.wsj.com/articles/hondas-acura-nsx-flexes-american-muscle-1464293972 says it's got a lot of sound insulation and that it's pretty quiet.

3800 lbs, though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
4 years too late, but would drive.  For the price, though. I'm going Aston.

My old boss just got back from Ohio where he spent the week driving them around a track.  Lucky fucker.
View Quote

Aston won't be a collector. This will.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
4 years too late, but would drive.  For the price, though. I'm going Aston.

My old boss just got back from Ohio where he spent the week driving them around a track.  Lucky fucker.

V12 Vantage (manual) will have huge collector appeal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that won't be how it works.  They will have limited certified techs who are allowed to work on them.  Nissan did the same thing with the GTR.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#22]
They tried to make it too many things to too many people, and they FUCKED it up.  

The original NSX was hands-down, the most fun that I've ever had on a race track, because it just felt right.  The engine felt right, the gearbox felt right, the traction levels felt right.  It was just RIGHT.   The only other car that was nearly as fun was a Ferrari F40, but I wasn't allowed to take that anywhere near to the limits of the car that I was able to do with the NSX (People don't like seeing their million dollar cars thrashed).  

Now they made another fat, bloated, over-computered stupercar in the vain of everything else that comes out these days, and they put an NSX badge on it.  It's not an NSX.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
no manual transmission, do not want
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Do we know who got the first one?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Does not do a thing for me, now the original was another matter
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sounds more better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What can you get from Porsche that price?

911 Turbo
911 GT3

Sounds more better.

GT4 gets both
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Heck, I'd slum it  ......................

Z06 Corvette and a vintage 1921AC Thompson ....................
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

You need a couple of SRB's on a go-kart to get you going these days, eh?

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

They tried to make it too many things to too many people, and they FUCKED it up.  

The original NSX was hands-down, the most fun that I've ever had on a race track, because it just felt right.  The engine felt right, the gearbox felt right, the traction levels felt right.  It was just RIGHT.   The only other car that was nearly as fun was a Ferrari F40, but I wasn't allowed to take that anywhere near to the limits of the car that I was able to do with the NSX (People don't like seeing their million dollar cars thrashed).  

Now they made another fat, bloated, over-computered stupercar in the vain of everything else that comes out these days, and they put an NSX badge on it.  It's not an NSX.
View Quote
Take one out on a track and report back.

Otherwise, your rant is meaningless.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Still looks like hammered Japanese dog shit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right though.
That is very unimpressive for all that hardware.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Dream car.

And at that price, it will stay a dream.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#34]
It's a slick looking car, but for the price there are better options IMO. A ZO6/7 or GTR would be about 60% of the price and offer plenty of performance. But with the NSX you get dat MPG doe.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The hybrid technology, the turbos, the electric motors, etc are probably quite expensive and I doubt just any Honda dealership would have the training to work on it.

And just because Hondas in general are very reliable, that doesn't necessarily carry over to all this new technology.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet, here we are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#36]
It's cool but I don't really like it. I'd pick a 911 over the Acura.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Too Italian-looking. The GTR did it right by keeping the JDM lines. This looks like a McLaren fucked a Corvette and gave birth at a Subaru factory.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I had a visual on these in late Feb while staying in Palm Springs CA for a week.

The Palm Springs Ritz had a small Acura meeting while I was there. They looked  like execs. Each day they were doing photo ops with these cars. Each morning about 6-7 would roll up and sit in the side private parking lot area.

They had no issues with us looking at the cars. They were cool, not my style but they were nice.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't need to, it has a fucking 9 speed transmission and no clutch pedal.

My point of the rant is that it's more like playing a video game than driving a car.   Same problem I have with the GTR, and the Mclaren MP412C.  Hell, even the Ferrari 458 has too many computers for me, but they are at least not as invasive as the Nissan and Mclaren.

I appreciate the engineering when you're looking for the best lap times and cornering speeds possible, but at the same time some things should be left pure for people to experience.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work on the occasional Ferrari (4 Ferraris, a MclLaren, 2 lamborghinis, and some GT3's within 100 feet of my toolbox right now).  Some of them have more than minimal body damage, none were totaled out.  How often do you see Ferraris with minimal body damage getting totaled out?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
He's right though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's right though.

Isn't Ford getting over 600hp out of a 3.5L without electric motors in the GT?  Of course that costs twice as much as the NSX.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#42]

My point of the rant is that it's more like playing a video game than driving a car.   Same problem I have with the GTR, and the Mclaren MP412C.  Hell, even the Ferrari 458 has too many computers for me, but they are at least not as invasive as the Nissan and Mclaren.

I appreciate the engineering when you're looking for the best lap times and cornering speeds possible, but at the same time some things should be left pure for people to experience.  

View All Quotes

Buy a Viper ACR if that's the kind of car you're looking for.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Not alot of HP for that much money
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's AWD, only 1 wheel will be without electric power.

On a serious note. At nearly 4000 lbs that thing is a hog. The fact that it's awd means even less HP to the wheels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three electric motors?  Why not, they feel the need to put two mufflers on the fucking dirt bikes.

Because it allows them to apply power to individual wheels.

It's AWD, only 1 wheel will be without electric power.

On a serious note. At nearly 4000 lbs that thing is a hog. The fact that it's awd means even less HP to the wheels.

They are all hogs anymore.  My friends Lancer Evolution weighs nearly 4000# and new Civics push 3000#.  My 98 DX weighs about 2300#, Cherokee weighs 3000#
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm sure it's a fine hybrid that Ted Klaus and his team can be proud of, but as the owner of two of the originals I wish they didn't use the same name......to me this car is waaaay out of character to be called NSX.
View Quote

$150,000 and power steering EVERYTHING?

Yeah, not feeling it, and I always thought the original was a hidden gem.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Carrera S starts at $107k.  No way to even option one to $150k:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-carrera-s/

Maybe you really should look things up before you declare "No way".

View Quote

I'm on the Porsche website, and I just optioned a Carrera S for $169,000......

So yeah, you can easily get a Carrera S optioned past $150,000.  I goofed around with a Turbo S and got it up to $240,000.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I would rather have a C7 Stingray or a GTR.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#49]
NSX is NOT made on an assembly line.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I bet it drives great, but at 6'-4", I'll never fit into it.
View Quote

Sounds like plenty of girls I considered dating, back in the day.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top