Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
When Acuna got into that 3-1 count I knew he was gonna break out the rye bread and mustard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
RIP my bracket

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I mean, think about it...

You picked Cleveland to win it all. Did you ever really doubt that it would come to this?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You picked Cleveland to win it all. Did you ever really doubt that it would come to this?
View Quote
Tell your FO to stop being dogshit with the rest of the division, so maybe my FO will actually make moves and try.

If you arent why should we? We have the division locked up for 2 more years.

Fuck this division sucks. It was wrapped up in April. Someone? Anyone? Please try in 2019.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tell your FO to stop being dogshit with the rest of the division, so maybe my FO will actually make moves and try.

If you arent why should we?

Fuck this division sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you arent why should we?

Fuck this division sucks.
Now you blame the Tigers?

YOU GO TOO FAR SIR!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
I blame the whole shit division. Which you are complicit.

Can anyone try in 2019? Or are you all just gonna roll over for several more years against us?

If we're so bad stop being 20 games behind us for several years. Force us to make moves. Fuck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can anyone try in 2019? Or are you all just gonna roll over for several more years against us?

If we're so bad stop being 20 games behind us for several years. Force us to make moves. Fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Tigers spent a decade going for it and made five post season appearances (including two World Series). They earned the right to rebuild.

Also, your team made moves. Remember when you replaced your shitty Cleveland bullpen with awesome San Diego bullpen? Remember how that opened your window for eight more years?

I remember.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Tigers spent a decade going for it and made five post season appearances (including two World Series). They earned the right to rebuild.

Also, your team made moves. Remember when you replaced your shitty Cleveland bullpen with awesome San Diego bullpen? Remember how that opened your window for eight more years?

I remember.
View Quote
Yep.

Only 1 of the 3 of Allen, Miller, and Hand are staying.

And we got the only good one.

Who is under team friendly control until the rotation and Lindor/Hosey are gone. (We broke Miller and Allen. Ask the Rox how Shaw is working out. They both lost 10s of millions this year in FA. Promise.)

Please challenge us in the meantime.

I will say this. I want Hosey and or Lindor gone way before the time the Os got rid of Machado. MLB listed them as the most valuable trades this year.

Strip it down after 2020.

We can get some great prospects for them for rebuild.

Just hope someone in the division will put up a slight effort in between. But its not looking good.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Future of our division rivals/ AL Central-

Twins. Nope.
Tigers- better farm than last year but still nothing special. A couple maybe pieces. See Sox.
White Sox- supposed to be the next up and comers. Prospects are failing hard at MLB level, and Kopech is getting TJ surgery now.
Royals- lol. You torched your farm. At least you have a ring to show for the next decade of awful.
Indians- gonna dominate the division for a few. Gonna make the playoffs for a few years. And promptly get their dick stomped in. Some good top prospects left. Looking forward to Triston McKenzie replacing Kluber.

But what are prospects? Guys who havent proved shit yet.

This division is a mess.

Only big market team is DET. And Mike Ilitch is long dead..
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Twins. Nope.
Tigers- better farm than last year but still nothing special. A couple maybe pieces. See Sox.
White Sox- supposed to be the next up and comers. Prospects are failing hard at MLB level, and Kopech is getting TJ surgery now.
Royals- lol. You torched your farm. At least you have a ring to show for the next decade of awful.
Indians- gonna dominate the division for a few. Gonna make the playoffs for a few years. And promptly get their dick stomped in. Some good top prospects left. Looking forward to Triston McKenzie replacing Kluber.

This division is a mess.

View Quote
The Tigers will be back in the playoffs by 2021 and they will be perennial contenders again by 2023. Write it down.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Updated Bracket Standings

M4A1Carbine: 4/4
showmeballer: 4/4
Brotherbadger: 4/4
lichter50: 4/4
G_S: 4/4
RobertL: 3/4
SirSqueeboo: 3/4
Max_Power: 3/4
Bedouin2W: 3/4
FindANewSlant: 3/4
rmakak: 3/4
retired_11b: 3/4
T45IP2SWA: 3/4
sabre_kc: 3/5
ContrarianIndicator: 2/4
TEOTWAWKI: 2/4
Alembic: 2/4
TrainSafe: 2/5
Southern_Shooter80: 2/5
johnnypantz: 2/5
fishsticks: 2/5
Maverick17: 2/6
mrkma: 2/6
Blue_Monkey: 1/5
M15A2: 1/6
motown_steve: 1/6
Spent_Casing: 1/6
RIP-Yataski: 1/7
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for rolling over Cleveland. I try to give you credit and fail miserably.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Updated after Dodgers win NLDS

showmeballer: 5/5
Brotherbadger: 5/5
lichter50: 5/5
G_S: 5/5
M4A1Carbine: 4/5
RobertL: 4/5
SirSqueeboo: 4/5
Max_Power: 4/5
FindANewSlant: 4/5
rmakak: 4/5
retired_11b: 4/5
Bedouin2W: 3/5
T45IP2SWA: 3/5
sabre_kc: 3/6
Southern_Shooter80: 3/6
fishsticks: 3/6
Maverick17: 3/7
TEOTWAWKI: 2/6
Alembic: 2/6
TrainSafe: 2/6
johnnypantz: 2/6
Blue_Monkey: 2/6
ContrarianIndicator: 2/7
mrkma: 2/7
M15A2: 2/7
motown_steve: 2/7
Spent_Casing: 2/7
RIP-Yataski: 2/8

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Updated after Dodgers win NLDS

showmeballer: 5/5
Brotherbadger: 5/5
lichter50: 5/5
G_S: 5/5
M4A1Carbine: 4/5
RobertL: 4/5
SirSqueeboo: 4/5
Max_Power: 4/5
FindANewSlant: 4/5
rmakak: 4/5
retired_11b: 4/5
Bedouin2W: 3/5
T45IP2SWA: 3/5
Southern_Shooter80: 3/6
fishsticks: 3/6
Maverick17: 3/7
TEOTWAWKI: 2/6
Alembic: 2/6
TrainSafe: 2/6
johnnypantz: 2/6
Blue_Monkey: 2/6

View Quote
I really fucked that up

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for rolling over Cleveland. I try to give you credit and fail miserably.
View Quote
Of course they fail miserably. They're Cleveland. They only succeed at failing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
You can put my name in red as well.

I may not be dead yet, but Jim, she's fucking dead.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Twins. Nope.

This division is a mess.

View Quote
His wife is not dead. And she also wants to win.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Twins. Nope.

This division is a mess.

View Quote
I would take the Royals present every day if I also got their past.

The Tribe's window is certainly closing. They have 2 years, tops to get to the peak of the sport. The top four of the starting rotation finished at WORST 8th in ERA in 2018. In 2019, the entire rotation will cost less than Clayton Kershaw. In 2020 the rotation will be barely more expensive than Kershaw, and the Tribe claims to have no money.

While one can argue Allen and Miller did not earn their 2018 salaries on the field, at the start of 2018 would you have been against paying them for their future services? I doubt it.

The only overpaid salary on the Tribe's opening day roster was Jason Kipnis @ $14m. The Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, and more fart $14m. But even if Kip was not on the roster, or on the roster for $4m, would the club have spent the difference to improve? There is a big question mark in my book.

Small market clubs have to first get a team competitive and have a farm system to support trading for a star. Then they have to destroy the farm system to push for a title. Sometimes it works (the Royals) sometimes it does not (the Tigers), but from a business perspective, making that push is bad for business. The bump in money from a World Series isn't going to overcome the drop during the forthcoming 100 loss seasons. But if it works, you get the 'ship.

Dan Gilbert tried to put business first before Lebron left, and when he came back, he realized he needed to chase the championship. But would the 2018-2019 Cavs be better if Lebron had never come back with Kyrie and Wiggins on the roster? Sure, but the wait in Cleveland would be 2 years longer and counting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Updated standings after Red Sox eliminate the Yankees

showmeballer: 6/6
lichter50: 6/6
G_S: 6/6
Brotherbadger: 5/6
M4A1Carbine: 5/6
RobertL: 5/6
SirSqueeboo: 5/6
Max_Power: 5/6
FindANewSlant: 5/6
rmakak: 5/6
retired_11b: 5/6
Bedouin2W: 4/6
T45IP2SWA: 3/6
Southern_Shooter80: 4/7
fishsticks: 4/7
Maverick17: 4/8
TEOTWAWKI: 3/7
Alembic: 3/7
TrainSafe: 3/7
johnnypantz: 3/7
Blue_Monkey: 3/7
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Twins. Nope.

This division is a mess.

His son is running the show now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:18:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would take the Royals present every day if I also got their past.
View Quote
And I would take the Tigers present for their past.

Two Pennants, two Triple Crowns, two Cy Young winners, four consecutive division titles, four consecutive batting titles and a guaranteed Tiger Hall of Famer with his number retired on the Left Field Wall and a guaranteed Hall of Fame pitcher with his name on the Right Field Wall (Max Scherzer, of course).

We had a lot of great seasons and more great seasons are on the horizon. Casey Mize, Matt Manning,  Christin Stewart, Parker Meadows, Brock Deatherage...who will be the next Tiger great?

117 years of beautiful history from Ty Cobb to Miguel Cabrera, YOU'R GODDAMN RIGHT I'M LIVING IN THE PAST!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When Acuna got into that 3-1 count I knew he was gonna break out the rye bread and mustard.
View Quote
It was truly electric when Acuna dropped the grand slam at Suntrust….youngest player in MLB history to hit a GS....at 20yrs old.   He passed a 21 yr old Mickey Mantle.   He has now passed and holds several of Mantle's former youngest ever records IIrc.

I admit I thought Albies was gonna be the gamechanger history maker, but Acuna Jr is easily the most raw, awesome talent I've seen in the majors since my favorite player Griffey Jr.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It was truly electric when Acuna dropped the grand slam at Suntrust….youngest player in MLB history to hit a GS....at 20yrs old.   He passed a 21 yr old Mickey Mantle.   He has now passed and holds several of Mantle's former youngest ever records IIrc.

I admit I thought Albies was gonna be the gamechanger history maker, but Acuna Jr is easily the most raw, awesome talent I've seen in the majors since my favorite player Griffey Jr.
View Quote
He's got a long way to go to be Mickey Mantle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's got a long way to go to be Mickey Mantle.
View Quote
I agree, and my intention wasn't to dare make career or overall comparisons with men like Mantle and those of his generation especially.....but to not see the incredible talent, buzz, meteoric skill and talent gains in less than 3/4rd of a year, is not honestly evaluating him, or what he is potentially going to do over the next decade and half potentially.

Lastly, Albies and Acuna Jr. single handily brought me back to a game I only enjoyed playing...not watching!

The absolute joy the two play with together is something I've yet see any other professional big deal athletes show every single day out.   They are exactly what baseball needs.   If the league doesn't get phenoms like other professional sports occasionally, it will add just another detriment to it's audience.

Last player that I watched every night I could was Andruw Jones.   Acuna Jr. I believe will far surpass Jones at the end  of the day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#25]
hey, i must say, maybe the trick to me making a decent bracket is missing the contest deadline!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Updated bracket standings after the ALCS.

showmeballer: 7/7
lichter50: 6/7
RobertL: 6/7
SirSqueeboo: 6/7
Max_Power: 6/7
rmakak: 6/7
retired_11b: 6/7
G_S: 6/8
Brotherbadger: 5/7
M4A1Carbine: 5/7
Bedouin2W: 5/7
FindANewSlant: 5/8
Southern_Shooter80: 5/8
fishsticks: 5/8
sabre_kc: 3/7
T45IP2SWA: 3/8
]Maverick17: 4/8

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Go Dodgers
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I can't believe the Dodgers took game 7. Hopefully Boston kills their hopes and dreams fairly quickly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Updated Standings after the NLCS. This might be the first year we have to use the tie breaker!

showmeballer: 7/8 (Boston in 7)
lichter50: 7/8  (Dodgers in 7)
SirSqueeboo: 7/8 (Boston in 5)
rmakak: 7/8 (Boston in 5)
Bennjammin: 7/8*

G_S: 7/9
RobertL: 6/8
Max_Power: 6/8
retired_11b: 6/8
Bedouin2W: 5/8
Brotherbadger: 5/9
M4A1Carbine: 5/9

* late entry
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Updated Standings after the NLCS. This might be the first year we have to use the tie breaker!

showmeballer: 7/8 (Boston in 7)
lichter50: 7/8  (Dodgers in 7)
SirSqueeboo: 7/8 (Boston in 5)
rmakak: 7/8 (Boston in 5)

View Quote
the one year I'd make the top 5 and my dumbass sees this thread late....

anyway, I'd be happy to donate some prizes to the winner!!! I obviously can't do a pmag, but I got some other Bball swag!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

anyway, I'd be happy to donate some prizes to the winner!!! I obviously can't do a pmag, but I got some other Bball swag!!
View Quote
I put you up there with a *

You can be the Barry Bonds of the bracket contest.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks my b'more brother!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just remember, it was dietary supplements and a new off-season workout plan.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Red Sox!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#36]
For the first time we ended with a tie, three people picked 8 of 9 picks correctly and all picked Boston to win the World Series. Both SirSqueeboo and rmakak picked Boston to win in five games. The last tie breaker is who posted first. SirSqueeboo Posted at 12:28:12 AM EDT, rmakak posted at 11:23:27 AM EDT later that day.

Congrats to @SirSqueeboo winning the bracket contest!

Final Standings:
SirSqueeboo: 8/9 (Boston in 5)  
rmakak: 8/9 (Boston in 5)
showmeballer: 8/9 (Boston in 7)

lichter50: 7/9 (Dodgers in 7)
Bennjammin: 7/9*

* late entry
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For the first time we ended with a tie, three people picked 8 of 9 picks correctly and all picked Boston to win the World Series. Both SirSqueeboo and rmakak picked Boston to win in five games. The last tie breaker is who posted first. SirSqueeboo Posted at 12:28:12 AM EDT, rmakak posted at 11:23:27 AM EDT later that day.

Congrats to @SirSqueeboo winning the bracket contest!

Final Standings:
SirSqueeboo: 8/9 (Boston in 5)  
rmakak: 8/9 (Boston in 5)
showmeballer: 8/9 (Boston in 7)

lichter50: 7/9 (Dodgers in 7)
Bennjammin: 7/9*

* late entry
View Quote

Gratuitous pic of me and a couple buddies at the '04 victory parade.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top