Page / 39
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Un - foking - believable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXkwCtEzDQ
View Quote

I couldn't believe it when I read it. I was at a family thing so I missed the game.

Holy shit though

Love how crazy Mo goes.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Not happy about it, but with 2 left to play, no chance Chelsea ends up with top 4.

Here’s an early congratulations to Liverpool on top 4.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ali's goal with Brazilian narration
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not happy about it, but with 2 left to play, no chance Chelsea ends up with top 4.

View Quote

LOL.  Have you seen Liverpool's performances against bottom table teams?  We needed the first ever goal from a Liverpool goalkeeper (since 1892 btw) to get our second goal against big Sam despite generating 26 shots that game.  I expect no different in our final two matches, especially against fucking Burnley.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Chelsea is more likely to win their last two games than Liverpool in which case they are in. Tuchel will go for it with a different lineup tomorrow since playing CL football is more important and lucrative than an FA Cup.

Sean Dyche isn't afraid to play a 5-4-1 and then maybe score on the counter.  Palace is no pushover either.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think Chelsea is more likely to win their last two games than Liverpool in which case they are in. Tuchel will go for it with a different lineup tomorrow since playing CL football is more important and lucrative than an FA Cup.

Sean Dyche isn't afraid to play a 5-4-1 and then maybe score on the counter.  Palace is no pushover either.
View Quote

Just waiting for Crystanbul v2.0 six days from now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL.  Have you seen Liverpool's performances against bottom table teams?  We needed the first ever goal from a Liverpool goalkeeper (since 1892 btw) to get our second goal against big Sam despite generating 26 shots that game.  I expect no different in our final two matches, especially against fucking Burnley.
View Quote

Exactly. Last year Burnley played the spoiler, I bet they'd love to do it again
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
VAR taketh and VAR giveth
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make-up call.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Getting spicy on the touch line
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like I missed a good one.   Probably a good thing because because I’ve never read so many “fuck VAR and fuck Mike Dean” posts as I have today.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Make-up call.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make-up call.

Can’t really call it a make-up if both are pens. While the second one was a soft penalty, the first was egregious and is an indictment of VAR’s incompetence.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like I missed a good one.   Probably a good thing because because I’ve never read so many “fuck VAR and fuck Mike Dean” posts as I have today.
View Quote

Mike Dean was utter shit from the first whistle to the last. VAR didn’t do him any favors.

As for the game, Pulisic looked good, Tammy rode the bench and Timo was offside 87 times.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mike Dean was utter shit from the first whistle to the last. VAR didn’t do him any favors.

View Quote

Well, it WAS Andre Marriner in the VAR booth and we all remember how good he is at noticing details.

"Final Score" Pundits on Kieran Gibbs Red Card
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Huge game. Burnley can't be underestimated.

Let's go Reds!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Fermino, Phillips, AOC goals.

In 4th with +4 goal difference.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#17]
It's going down to the wire! Anfield with fans this weekend as well.

Bobby finding his confidence again?!?

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Good important games in a bunch of leagues this weekend.  

I totally can see some weird results playing out in at least a few of the games.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#19]
JT loves to troll Spurs fans

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Huge day!

Let's go Reds!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Scored #41 yesterday in the 90th minute to claim the record in only 29 League games played.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Chelsea are dropping the ball this afternoon.  I'm enjoying flipping between games.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Scored #41 yesterday in the 90th minute to claim the record in only 29 League games played.
View Quote

Granted it's the Bundesliga but Lewandowski is a sniper. I hope I don't have to hate him next year
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Chelsea are dropping the ball this afternoon.  I'm enjoying flipping between games.
View Quote

I wish I could but work is lame. I'm going to write to my congresspersons about it.

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#25]
What a fucking season!

Gerry & The Pacemakers You'll Never Walk Alone

Definitely fitting for LFC this year

RIP Gerry
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Heck of a time for this team to revert to their norm.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve never been such a Spurs fan, but thanks Tottenham! We’re in!! KTBFFH!!

Now I hope Tuchel learns to bench Timo for next weekend, and I hope Mendy gets healed up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Union Berlin was an 8th place team in Bundesliga 2 three years ago and now they're playing in European competition after only their second season ever in the Bundesliga itself.

The old East German teams rarely make the top league, so hopefully they can have continued success.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Heck of a time for this team to revert to their norm.
View Quote

End of the season and Bobby and Sadio find a groove.

Gini's last game?? Dude has been a rock for years.

Can't wait to watch this game tonight. A couple of months ago were pretty bleak.

Next season I wonder if Klopp would consider a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#30]
A refreshing lack of any VAR decisions or controversy in the Liverpool match.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’ve never been such a Spurs fan, but thanks Tottenham! We’re in!! KTBFFH!!

Now I hope Tuchel learns to bench Timo for next weekend, and I hope Mendy gets healed up.
View Quote

I just texted a friend who's a Chelsea guy. He said it was too weird to be cheering for Bale.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Union Berlin was an 8th place team in Bundesliga 2 three years ago and now they're playing in European competition after only their second season ever in the Bundesliga itself.

The old East German teams rarely make the top league, so hopefully they can have continued success.
View Quote

That's one of the things I love about the Relegation/Promotion system. Can't just suck for 15 years and still have a spot like the NFL. Let some new fans have fun while you rebuild and get some wins for your fans in the lower tier.

Or even the Foxes winning it. It was hard not to cheer for them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A refreshing lack of any VAR decisions or controversy in the Liverpool match.
View Quote

Well shit. I may tie a few on, wear my shirt and get rowdy to celebrate
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I will also admit I was wrong.

Lille won Ligue 1 and Atletico won La Liga.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I just texted a friend who's a Chelsea guy. He said it was too weird to be cheering for Bale.
View Quote

I was more than ok doing it.

2 of my best friends were watching the 3 important games with me. I love Chelsea, one loves Leicester, and one sings about how he “never walks alone” super loud while watching soccer apparently.

At the end of the day, only 2 of us could be happy. I was one of them. Thanks to Bale.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Got a buzz going and my shirt on.

I love how the commentary crew hyped up the league wide drama and changing European picture. Even though I know the results it's still fun.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#37]
ManU loses to Villarreal 1-1 (10-11) on penalties in EL final - deGea's attempt saved.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
ManU loses to Villarreal 1-1 (10-11) on penalties in EL final - deGea's attempt saved.
View Quote

Still in Europe next year
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Glad they played the last half and extra time intent on going to penalties.  They looked good in the first half and were dangerous.  Then fatigue caught up to them.  

I cant understand why he took off greenwood and pogba.  Rashford was not playing well at all I would have pulled him over either of those two.  Also should have made changes at the hour mark like villa real.  Or pull a lvg move and sub degea at the end he hasn't stopped the last 35 penalties.  

I was starting to think the team was turning a corner.  Then seeing all these bizarre management decisions I'm right back to doubting it.  But the glazers dont care they still made money and OGS isnt gonna make waves or talk shit so they are happy with the status quo.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Zidane leaves RM, Conte leaves Inter after winning Serie A (sounds familiar), talks of Lukaku and Hazard returning to Chelsea, Dortmund give Sancho permission to leave…oi vey. This is the interesting part of the calendar.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Zidane leaves RM, Conte leaves Inter after winning Serie A (sounds familiar), talks of Lukaku and Hazard returning to Chelsea, Dortmund give Sancho permission to leave…oi vey. This is the interesting part of the calendar.
View Quote

It's going to be an interesting off season.

Liverpool sign Konate and do not buy out Kabak
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#42]
And the Champions League final is today!!

And we have to square up prizes in the fantasy league.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Brentford beats Swansea City 2-0 for the final promotion spot. They haven't been in the first division since before WWII.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Brentford beats Swansea City 2-0 for the final promotion spot. They haven't been in the first division since before WWII.
View Quote

Should be fun. Hopefully they come out like Leeds. Was really had not to cheer for Leeds when they made their early statement
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Additional intrigue today.

Both City and Chelsea have members of the USMNT on their squads.

Zack Steffen with the Premier League trophy. Whichever team wins will have the second American to win the UCL

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Cobra Kai gives us the lead!

Come on you Blues!

Eta

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Hell yes!  Nothing like celebrating with a hundred other folks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#49]
USA USA USA

If City played Steffen it would have been a tougher call.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top