BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm encountering a problem in business that the more I think about it, the more I think it relates to the current dating market.  Since roughly January my customers have increased their orders

I'm morbidly curious what a dating market correction will look like, particularly because I'm "retired."
View Quote

It comes to slow. Like Japan.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm encountering a problem in business that the more I think about it, the more I think it relates to the current dating market.  Since roughly January my customers have increased their orders significantly, for all product lines.  These order increases have outpaced their ability to consume, so if the supply base was 100% on time to the scheduled orders, the customers would have billions of dollars of cash tied up in inventory that they absolutely, 100% do not need - regardless of demand for their product - simply because there isn't enough labor available to increase capacities across the board to support the pace of orders.

In the meantime they at some level recognize that this is happening and through back channels inform their suppliers about which orders are actually needed in the short term, and instruct them to essentially back burner the excess orders until they become the priority.

So, they are saying they want one thing, but their actions show us they really value something else.

The effect of this is significant. Suppliers are buying all the available materials; driving the prices up, all the labor driving prices up, while tying up such significant and traditionally unusual amounts of their cash in inventories, work in process and accounts receivable.

Which forces them to continually raise prices.

You can argue that this is just how the market works and evidence that it's working properly and I would agree with that, with one exception. It's all based on a lie.  The demand isn't real.  So if these businesses would stop ordering more than they can possibly consume in production of their product, i.e. reconcile the difference between what they say they want with what they actually need prices would stabilize as well as everything else.

I see this happening in the dating market.  Men and women both think they want one thing, but act in a way that isn't congruent.  Men want to sleep with many women and early in the relationship but don't want to commit to a woman that meets those terms.  Women say they want men who are committed and involved and make those men wait while they act on their urge to win the lottery of men by sleeping with every top 5% male they can.

And this artificially drives up the "price" or, really value, of what they really need while also devaluing  what they have to offer.

Now in business, there's a market force that will correct this.  It's called running the fuck out of money.  It can be painful for the entire economy, but it can be extremely painful for individual organizations as they're risking death by bankruptcy.

I'm morbidly curious what a dating market correction will look like, particularly because I'm "retired."
View Quote

In my coastal region it is VERY common to see women "age out" of having kids/their best options in the dating market, holding on for men who were NEVER interested in dating them to begin with.
If I had to give 2 stories to describe "the middle cluster" narrative for people where I'm at, it goes like this:

Men:
- Many young men lack skills, confidence, title, status, money, etc. They haven't been "built" yet.
- They don't dress well, dont' take care of themselves, often lack confidence.
- Note: Tall handsome Chad who was good at sports and had dating options from a young age, has peaked already and can continue being handsome and getting options
- For other guys, it's time and acquisition of skill, and refinement.
- At some point he's becoming "someone" in the tribe. He's either picked up a skill or two, or he's not afraid of his shadow anymore, he's not afraid to be rejected anymore - women can smell this lack of fear of himself and the world
- He has now earned mating rights, and now has options to some degree. In an ideal world he now meets a young lady and they go off and be happy
- At times he may continue to climb, and his options actually get a liiiiiiiiiiiiitttle better over time. Does it mean he can date supermodels now? No it does not. BUT, just maybe, he can date and marry a lady he finds quite pretty, that's good for him

- His friend though kinda stayed out of shape. He never hit the offramp to the "next step" turnpike.
- He escapes into childish hobbies, gets in WORSE shape, stuck on the offramp, he starts checking out.
- At age 40 with a baaad Dad-bod and no hair, women are still picking over him.
- In reality getting in shape and caring about his look, how clean his house is - basically picking as much "low hanging fruit" self improvement things he can would help.
But it feels hopeless, he's checked out - and women don't want a man who in their evolutionary wiring seems like he might check out on her or fall into a ball and start crying if the hilltribe shows up.

For women:
- In my region many women will Find ThemselvesTM through their 20s. They look down their nose at women who SettleTM (on a man who adores them, and she loves him)
- Most women here are viewing dating like a lottery ticket to chad.
Being beautiful? "Well I should have a beautiful man" (valid.)
Beauty at any size! = Translation: Chad for me too plz.

- SOME will sleep around (many do), some will not. Both camps want Chad
- The smarter/wiser women tend to figure out pretty quickly what matters and what doesn't.
She sees that guy that tbh is pretty handsome, and honest, and good to her, acceptable job, and he likes her.
She can tell his intentions are good, she marries him, possibly IN her 20s. Skips dating and dating traumas all together.
- Her friend who WANTED to do that but the search was harder, does this at 31.
- The other friends might give her shit for "settling" on X_____________ category, over the years those friends end up with men who are not as attractive as the one their friend married.
- for the girls who HAD TO have a man who basically didn't exist and would never marry them? It's when their "biffle" has the second child, or she's a maid of honor for the second time, that she begins to go "oh shit..." and scramble.
- This girl used a Deal of ORs to get a man of ANDs.
"I have a nice 10/10 body OR a nice face = I'm a 10/10.
I have something pretty about me OR a good job/title = I'm a 10/10 because men totally add money

using my deal of ORs, I want a man who has a handsome face AND a good body AND a good job AND player tools AND etc etc."
- If she figures out that man has literally never spoken to her seriously to date her, she can move on.
- Some girls hold on to like 39 insistent on that being the hill to die on.
Handsome-ish successful plumber?  "Ew he's bald, and a Plumber. Ugh."
^ women like this can and do age out of having children, and often times age out of their best options.

I guess what I'm saying is, working within your framework:
Men who don't start with or acquire their dating capital - can't afford women and eventually seem to go bankrupt.
Women kinda start with capital, they can't quite tell how much it reallllly is, and there are things they can do to lose it over time - but polite society has a hard time saying what those things are.

In 2022 in my region the reality is most women are pricing themselves WAY too high on the dating market.
I would if I had to pick a problem to be the #1 spot, our coastal dating market problem is that average women don't want to date average men and believe they are beneath them.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm encountering a problem in business that the more I think about it, the more I think it relates to the current dating market.  Since roughly January my customers have increased their orders significantly, for all product lines.  These order increases have outpaced their ability to consume, so if the supply base was 100% on time to the scheduled orders, the customers would have billions of dollars of cash tied up in inventory that they absolutely, 100% do not need - regardless of demand for their product - simply because there isn't enough labor available to increase capacities across the board to support the pace of orders.

In the meantime they at some level recognize that this is happening and through back channels inform their suppliers about which orders are actually needed in the short term, and instruct them to essentially back burner the excess orders until they become the priority.

So, they are saying they want one thing, but their actions show us they really value something else.

The effect of this is significant. Suppliers are buying all the available materials; driving the prices up, all the labor driving prices up, while tying up such significant and traditionally unusual amounts of their cash in inventories, work in process and accounts receivable.

Which forces them to continually raise prices.

You can argue that this is just how the market works and evidence that it's working properly and I would agree with that, with one exception. It's all based on a lie.  The demand isn't real.  So if these businesses would stop ordering more than they can possibly consume in production of their product, i.e. reconcile the difference between what they say they want with what they actually need prices would stabilize as well as everything else.

I see this happening in the dating market.  Men and women both think they want one thing, but act in a way that isn't congruent.  Men want to sleep with many women and early in the relationship but don't want to commit to a woman that meets those terms.  Women say they want men who are committed and involved and make those men wait while they act on their urge to win the lottery of men by sleeping with every top 5% male they can.

And this artificially drives up the "price" or, really value, of what they really need while also devaluing  what they have to offer.

Now in business, there's a market force that will correct this.  It's called running the fuck out of money.  It can be painful for the entire economy, but it can be extremely painful for individual organizations as they're risking death by bankruptcy.

View Quote

If they're ordering more than what their labor is capable of completing, it's either to hedge against inflation-smart, I know someone who did that with shingles and barrel tiles for roofs on new houses here.
Dumped everything into a leased office because beer aids. Former cubicle rat nest, turned supply house for roofing materials.

Or
The labor force is full of retards fucking shit up.

Or accountant said, need more deductibles or tax man will love you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Soy boys in that  age bracket are interested in two things:   1)  Video Games 2)  Sucking Dick
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

“Legit players” was not the limit of my comment. My comment was “spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible.”

Regardless of their level of success, if that is their pursuit or goal, they are rewarding and perpetuating slut behavior. And if they are rewarding and perpetuating slut behavior, I have no sympathy when all they find are sluts. Notice: this isn’t slut shaming. This is simply saying “you get what you deserve” and “if you want more of a behavior, reward and subsidize it.”
View Quote

I spent roughly a decade trying to bang as many chicks as possible.  I nailed everything from virgins to gals that rode every cock they could.  Straight, bisexual, lesbians that dabbled, singles, multiples, polyamory and committed relationships.  I met a lot of interesting women. Some of them had issues.  All of them had something that was interesting to me at the time.  I have exactly zero big regrets about my sexual history, though there were gals I should have had sex with that I didn’t, and gals I should have had more sex with.  When the time was right, I found a gal that I was compatible with and settled down.  I don’t cheat on my wife.  I never “cheated” on anyone with whom I was in a monogamous relationship and never will,  I know celibates that ended up in dysfunctional relationships, sluts that have happy marriages and everything in between.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I spent roughly a decade trying to bang as many chicks as possible.  I nailed everything from virgins to gals that rode every cock they could.  Straight, bisexual, lesbians that dabbled, singles, multiples, polyamory and committed relationships.  I met a lot of interesting women. Some of them had issues.  All of them had something that was interesting to me at the time.  I have exactly zero big regrets about my sexual history, though there were gals I should have had sex with that I didn’t, and gals I should have had more sex with.  When the time was right, I found a gal that I was compatible with and settled down.  I don’t cheat on my wife.  I never “cheated” on anyone with whom I was in a monogamous relationship and never will,  I know celibates that ended up in dysfunctional relationships, sluts that have happy marriages and everything in between.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Legit players” was not the limit of my comment. My comment was “spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible.”

Regardless of their level of success, if that is their pursuit or goal, they are rewarding and perpetuating slut behavior. And if they are rewarding and perpetuating slut behavior, I have no sympathy when all they find are sluts. Notice: this isn’t slut shaming. This is simply saying “you get what you deserve” and “if you want more of a behavior, reward and subsidize it.”

Glad it all worked out for you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Soy boys in that  age bracket are interested in two things:   1)  Video Games 2)  Sucking Dick
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You've said that a few times in this thread. Seems a bit obsessed.

Quoted:
The only ones fucking millennials are boomers, just ask them...

Get with the times, grandpa. Millenials are now turning 40. Normal college students have been zoomers for a while.

That's about the sort of disconnect from reality I would expect from someone making that comment, though...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You would be amazed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or it's a ton of people with values.

GD: Men should be out there banging as many women as possible.

Also GD: I don't understand why traditional/conservative values are dying.

I feel zero sympathy at all for those guys who spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible and then complain about the surplus of sluts and lack of “good women.”

They’re no better than Dems fleeing Democrat hell holes complaining about the problems they voted for and will continue to vote for. They don’t see a problem with the policies, just the results.

The guys that were banging lots of women are not the same ones complaining about lack of good women. They always had a hard time getting attention from females.

You would be amazed.

I ran through them like books of cheap bar top matches.  I mean tons of great gals.  Good girls who became great wives and mothers.

I still ended up with the best one.  I am so blessed.

Also, the world needs sloots too.  I was personally always a fan.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top