Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2023 6:08:30 AM EDT
There's a 45 second video in the news link below.

Michigan State Police continue to investigate after four patrol cars were lit on fire, and some with struck with gunfire in Sault Ste. Marie, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, on Wednesday.

Police have released photos of the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle.

Michigan State Police said the suspect should be considered armed and dangerous.

https://www.wbay.com/2023/09/06/suspect-lit-multiple-michigan-state-police-patrol-vehicles-fire-shot-them-with-rifle-police-say/
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems rather out-of-character for a Yooper don't ja know.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless the mobile meth units destroyed one of his meth labs. I know Meth is a huge problem in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

That definitely take some fucking balls to do.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
that will teach them.  fuck you and that speeding ticket.

what the heck is up with those 1970,s red sirens? lol
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Enhance, enhance, enhance.

Good job with the fred flintstone cameras.

Guy was probably trying to overthrow stretchin gretchen, better get him on treason charges.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Must have not had a cell phone with him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Guy was probably trying to overthrow stretchin gretchen, better get him on treason charges.
View Quote

That guy is about as clear to see as Big Foot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:I know Meth is a huge problem in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
View Quote

I didn't know that.

At least it doesn't manifest itself like elsewhere with the crime and homelessness.

The arrests for alcohol, either driving, domestics, or bar fights, out number those for anything else by a factor of 20:1.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Good I mean Cool
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
camera quality looks like something from the 1980s, surprised they dont have him yet.  couldnt escape by going across the bridge.  Hiding in the woods somewhere
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most if not all of the MI state police have them. They look pretty goofy and remind me of something from Dick Tracy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beat the German farmer that dragged the traffic cam away with his tractor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're saying that he's an undercover fed?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Most if not all of the MI state police have them. They look pretty goofy and remind me of something from Dick Tracy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tradition. Beats 40 billion strobes at a trillion candlepower blinding everyone nearby at night.

And it makes them pretty easy to see a mile down the road, no hiding with the stealth pd signs and all the BS ''write a ticket'' light bars. If you aren't paying attention and get written up, well, you are probably from Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

At least it doesn't manifest itself like elsewhere with the crime and homelessness.

The arrests for alcohol, either driving, domestics, or bar fights, out number those for anything else by a factor of 20:1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

UPPER PENINSULA SUBSTANCE ENFORCEMENT TEAM (UPSET)

The Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team (UPSET) is a multi-jurisdictional narcotics task force that serves all fifteen counties of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.  UPSET’s foremost objectives are to bring narcotics awareness, education, and enforcement into the communities of the Upper Peninsula.

UPSET readily collaborates and works with local, state, and federal agencies in an effort to combat narcotic use, distribution and sale across the Upper Peninsula.

Methamphetamine Response:

UPSET is the only federally trained and certified Clandestine Lab Team (Meth Team) in the Upper Peninsula.

https://upsetdrugs.com/
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

We drove through Michigan for work a couple years ago and i was like dang they still look like that?! Seeing tahoes and chargers with a single huge red light was weird!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe they have very good pictures of him and his vehicle. Maybe blurred on purpose so he don't know they. Most PD have top of the line surveillance cameras everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I believe they have very good pictures of him and his vehicle. Maybe blurred on purpose so he don't know they. Most PD have top of the line surveillance cameras everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We are looking for this man''.............show pictures that would make the Lock Ness monster, Yeti's, and Bigfoot's everywhere laugh hysterically.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Real brave shooting parked pool cars. I bet later we will hear of the suspect being shot during a raid of his house.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Man y’all are making me excited to move to Michigan.

Sounds like it’s a party.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I went to LSSU for a while in 98.  One of the guys in my dorm was from the Western UP.  Crystall Falls.  He was basically a drug dealer and said " I can get you any shit you want when I go home this weekend."  I didn't ask for anything in the first place so I remember finding it odd that he offered that info.  98 was a long time ago and the last time I was in the yoop for any length of time so I can't comment on how bad it's gotten since.  Lots of bored kids with nothing much to do and not much of a future to throw away in a lot of areas.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most do have better quality images than they release publicly. When they show bank robbery pics on the news its a lower quality version than the actual hi-res detailed ones they really have. The authorities don't want to widely broadcast  just how good some of the camera systems are.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#25]
A bunch of High School kids burned an entire fleet of new radio cars (New York State Trooper vehicles) in the little town of Claverack, NY some 35 years ago.  You will still get pulled over for doing 3 over the 30 mph limit in this little town.  They don't forget shit like this....forever.  My friend and I would be wailing up the road at 4am to get to our deer stands pre-dawn and he would lay on the brakes HARD at the town line.  He'd turn his head and look at me and say "You NEVER speed in Claverack!"  And yes I have been pulled over there for going 33.  I've got shields and badges and cards and still got a verbal beating.  Thankfully no ticket but he abused me for 10 minutes..
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

View Quote

60 minutes did a special on Crystal Falls decades ago that whole area is methed up...just like the northeast corner of N WI

Has been for many years...

Pill Billies
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Kinda looks like Ray Epps to me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Just heard about it on the radio, silver Honda crv and dressed in camo.. the camo portion it's literally 2/3 of the U.P.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#30]
More than likely it is going to go like this....

Cell tower geo fence check for parking lot....(not even a subpoena needed)...

List of phones within 200 feet of parking lot....

cross reference phone numbers, exclude PD numbers

Cross remaining numbers to current PD databases...

Check names with vehicle registrations for tan CRV....

Drive to suspects house and get in shoot out.

Total investigative time to ID suspect, 15 minutes....
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of my sisters retired frum State cop stuff back in 2017.    They r big on tradition with the bubble light and shark fin thingy on the hood.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#32]
well thats gonna slow down a few road pirates for a little bit
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#33]
In AZ, a person meets lots of people that used to live in Michigan.  There is a mysterious common denominator.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, eh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Monthly revenue will be down.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

The funny thing is, odds are good that hilljack very much dislikes paying taxes, yet he just added to what everyone in the state has to pay - including himself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I've seen anti police signs going from Temperance Mi on the Oh border to Iron Mountain,Mi. Nothing new here w/ Democrats beating the anti police drum for so long. Someone finally acted out and it made the news.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#38]
In a weird way, I can respect this.

If your beef is with the police, take it out on the police.

Don't burn down barbershops, nail salons and the corner bodega like some other disgruntled groups of people do.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahahaha. Whew that’s a good one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Lots of fucking weirdos in the northwoods.

The general vibe among the men is: they like to hunt and fish, love guns, drink beer and party.  All the while, toeing the Union line, bitching about "The Rich", hating cops, and voting for Democrats thinking that they are "looking out for us working stiffs".  

Then there is the influx of REAL leftists..............a SHIT ton of them especially since COVID.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Is civil asset forfeiture a thing in Michigan? Maybe pissed someone off?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Did a Finn run out of alcohol?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

No one should be excited to move to Michigan.

Then again, if Ohio is your frame of reference, it may not be that bad for you.

Where are you going?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't know that.

It's been an issue for quite a while - I used to see dumped meth cooking supplies while riding a 4-wheeler out in the woods fairly regularly - but it's become significantly worse in recent years.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Where are you going?
View Quote
I miss it kinda, had a nice house and property between Manistee and TC. The job market sucked and the State went full retard during Covid. I still have my boat there with the parents for when I visit.

Me leaving MI:

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Where are you going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you going?

At least I don't have to register my handguns with the state.

North west of the big D about 45 minutes.  

Staying an Ohio resident. Just got moved to be the general manager of our entire Michigan operation for 3-5 years. So temporarily relocating.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd rather have that than the blinding UFOs we have around here. You come up on them on the highway at night and are instantly blinded, especially with an astigmatism that puts halos around light
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I miss it kinda, had a nice house and property between Manistee and TC. The job market sucked and the State went full retard during Covid. I still have my boat there with the parents for when I visit.

Me leaving MI:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/119852/IMG_20201011_174346073_HDR_2-2759512.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Me leaving MI:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/119852/IMG_20201011_174346073_HDR_2-2759512.jpg

It's different to be from a place and leave it vs. moving to another place. I understand that you'd miss it if you're from here.

I'm not from Michigan, have no connection to the place, and had no reason of my own to move here. I regret it, and I want to leave. We're here because my wife's family is here, and honestly - that was a bit oversold.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you going?

At least I don't have to register my handguns with the state.

North west of the big D about 45 minutes.  

Staying an Ohio resident. Just got moved to be the general manager of our entire Michigan operation for 3-5 years. So temporarily relocating.

I lost all my handguns in a tragic boating accident on the way to Michigan.

That's in my area. Let me know when you come up, and we'll go have a beer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like another mostly peaceful protest.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Can’t understand why the UP is still part of freaking Michigan.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top