BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why the fuck were the Czechs on U.S. soil??  
View Quote

Biden invoked Article 5 and asked for NATO, EU, UN, and WEF assistance in putting down the insurrection.

Fact.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If the DoD kicks out nearly half of the TX National Guard, what's to stop the governor from increasing the size and scope of the TX State Guard? Sure, they won't have the Federal weapons, equipment, and budget, but I have to imagine a state as big as Texas, which was once it's own republic, could find a way to put those soldiers to use.
View Quote

And for that matter, shrivel the TXNG to nothing.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Meh, I'm sure they could.  Conversion into militia would likely also change the terms of everything; they'd get treated like current State Guard.  Of course, for a State militia to be effective, they do need to get funded more for training, weapons, munitions, equipment, and manpower than is currently the case.  This is something the legislature could deal with if it had the will.  The problem is a lack of said will.  I think the early Cold War era was the last time any States made any serious attempt to have a decent militia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  It would require legislation, I'm sure.  I doubt the Governor could do it by decree.  But if the legislature wanted to do so, I'm sure they could do it.  They could probably also require or authorize them to complete their service in the TX SG (basically, they'd get transferred at the State level instead of discharged, and their discharge would only be for Federal purposes).

States have generally been unwilling to properly equip their militias, and most are not armed at all.  Even some of the armed ones have been disarmed over the last decade or so.  Not sure what Texas's laws do in this respect.  Much easier to allow the NG to be the only combat arms oriented State force and have them get mostly Federally funded.

It'd be awesome if they would, though, to include having aviation, arty, armor, etc.  It's Texas's right as a State to do so.  Under current Federal law, State militias also cannot be federalized for any reason (Constitution allows it for three reasons, but requires authorizing legislation).

Don't think Texas can require a SM to complete their enlistment in the State Guard if Fed funds are kanked for that troop, at this time, as State Guard troops are unpaid for their drills.  They're only paid during SAD, as many are now.  If Texas is going to maintain its current force levels, then significant state funding in salaries, drill pay, equipment and weapons will have to be provided by the legislature.  Most unvaxed troops will take their General under Honorable discharge and call it day.  Some may move to the State Guard to stay on Operation Lonestar.

Meh, I'm sure they could.  Conversion into militia would likely also change the terms of everything; they'd get treated like current State Guard.  Of course, for a State militia to be effective, they do need to get funded more for training, weapons, munitions, equipment, and manpower than is currently the case.  This is something the legislature could deal with if it had the will.  The problem is a lack of said will.  I think the early Cold War era was the last time any States made any serious attempt to have a decent militia.

I think the worst thing you could do to a State Guard/State Defense Force, which sadly every state that has one has done, is to organize it as a backup to the NG. It's not the Cold War anymore. From the top down, there needs to be a separate office outside of the Adjutant Generals dept to handle the administration of the State Militia, then break that down into multi-county regions with a coordinating command/admin, and then finally at the county level - state tells each county's government, "here's your company of militia, utilize them in your public safety/emergency management plan as you see fit."

There'd still be communication between the State Militia dept and TAG dept, state standardized training and TO&E, and you'd still have state level missions like Lonestar in Texas' case, but your county mission would be your primary mission.

I'm not exactly sure how the nuts and bolts of that would work out because every state is different, but that's just my idea of what should be done.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why folks think Texas has to buy or import anything, if it's not already made here we can start up an assembly line easily enough.
View Quote

Well the I call dibs on the first f22 coming off the assembly line in Fort Worth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And for that matter, shrivel the TXNG to nothing.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  There is a difference between training and occupying.
View Quote

No shit?  Really?  The Czechs aren't occupying anyone - their total force is smaller than the Texas Military Department.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So tell us the difference then and what exactly are they doing thats so wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference between training and occupying.

So tell us the difference then and what exactly are they doing thats so wrong

Well, according to the pictures that fadedsun posted, it looks like they were posted in DC when he was there. Tell me how that is "training"

You want to train a foreign army, you do it on a military base, you want a foreign army to occupy, you put them on the street in the nation's capitol
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, according to the pictures that fadedsun posted, it looks like they were posted in DC when he was there. Tell me how that is "training"

You want to train a foreign army, you do it on a military base, you want a foreign army to occupy, you put them on the street in the nation's capitol
View Quote

The pictures he posted showed U.S. soldiers in and around D.C., with ONE Czech soldier standing outside their embassy. The pictures seem to show that the Czechs simply fed the U.S. National Guard soldiers a meal. That's not occupying, that's being generous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wonder what kind of legal restrictions are on the States, when it comes to buying and importing weapon systems like tanks and planes and choppers? Obviously they can buy automatic weapons and machine guns for the cops, but could Texas or Florida buy a T-90 from Russia?
View Quote

We all damn well know that the leftist regime occupying the US .gov would do anything it had to to stop a state guard from obtaining serious weaponry. "Sorry Texas, the import permit for the 10 tanks you ordered from Russia is not granted".
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Getting your shot is not a partisan act; it is a patriotic act. Why do you hate America?
View Quote

How is it "patriotic"?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would join the TXSG if they became a legit fighting force flying under the Texas flag and the Texas flag alone.
View Quote

I would do the same if SD stood up a true state funded non- federalizable state militia/guard/whatever you want to call it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hope this is sarcasm but if not, kindly fuck off.
Hold the line OP.
View Quote

The globalist elite who concocted this plandemic demand you take an experimental genetic treatment...
This same globalist elite Gates Soros Fauci Biden want the earths population reduced by 90%...and want to end
US sovereignty...
So which is the "patriotic act"...and which is just enemy propaganda?
If you can convince a nation's people to deliberately weaken themselves and their own children that's a great victory for your side.
Convince them to attack their own countrymen for the sake of the enemy and call it patriotism...
That's an unbelievable victory...
imo
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I am sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect, but as long as the Texas National Guard remains under state control (not federalized), they are not subject to the UCMJ and FJB is NOT in their chain of command.  

Abbot is in charge and they are not subject to FJB's dictates.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect, but as long as the Texas National Guard remains under state control (not federalized), they are not subject to the UCMJ and FJB is NOT in their chain of command.  

View Quote

Those two days a month and two weeks in the summer they spend doing drill and AT, as well as any time they have to attend MOS or professional development training, are times they fall under DoD control.

Their new enlistees aren't attending Basic or AIT without a vaccine. NCO's aren't attending NCOES schools without it. TX doesn't have it's own flight training program, so there won't be any replacement pilots.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for your clear and concise answer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The pictures he posted showed U.S. soldiers in and around D.C., with ONE Czech soldier standing outside their embassy. The pictures seem to show that the Czechs simply fed the U.S. National Guard soldiers a meal. That's not occupying, that's being generous.
View Quote

There are a whole bunch of Czech-Americans in Texas with close ties to their relatives in the Czech Republic. On a side note, their women are hot. I know several young Czech men in Texas who went to the Czech Republic to find the women they married.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is my understanding and it was the basis for the law suit the State of Texas filed against Cho Bi Den.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are they occupying, again? Where is the occupation? Where are the weapons.

The czechs are cool dudes.

@wolfdentd
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There are a whole bunch of Czech-Americans in Texas with close ties to their relatives in the Czech Republic. On a side note, their women are hot. I know several young Czech men in Texas who went to the Czech Republic to find the women they married.
View Quote

I have looked at moving there/becoming a citizen.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would be insulted to get turned into the state guard.

I'd rather just leave and go home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, that's a point based on things today. Consider them being the Texas Home Guard or rename the State Guard into something else. What I'm wondering is if we can keep them employed and training for when this federal silliness ends.

I'd hate for Texas and the rest of our country to lose 40% of the Texas NG. That's a lot of experience I would imagine based on the size of our guard and state.

I would be insulted to get turned into the state guard.

I'd rather just leave and go home.
Is that based on what the TSG is today or what it could be with 40% of TXNG as the new "state guard" and the TSG called  the state peace corps or any other name?

I realize the TSG is looked down on by you guys, but what if you were retained by the state with the same levels of training equipment, etc. that you are now? Again, losing that much experience sucks for the state and the nation.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is that based on what the TSG is today or what it could be with 40% of TXNG as the new "state guard" and the TSG called  the state peace corps or any other name?

I realize the TSG is looked down on by you guys, but what if you were retained by the state with the same levels of training equipment, etc. that you are now? Again, losing that much experience sucks for the state and the nation.
View Quote

I don't look down at the Texas State Guard.  They do almost all of their training w/o pay.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#23]
My boy is in the WY guard and has also told them to pack sand.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've died multiple times the last two years. Not wearing a mask killed me 2x. Not getting my shots and booster has killed me 3x. Only 4 more lives to go, hope Biden cures covid and its never ending variants soon.ver it
View Quote

Damn, COVID made you and me agree on something.

Fuck COVID and any .gov who tries to usurp Freedom.

Don't forget, we are all going to die from Flurona now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes, but that's fixable.
View Quote

Not really.  You would have to disband the current version and start from the ground up.  It would be easier just for the state to take over TXARNG funding.  Texas already owns the facilities.

Remember, The Texas State Guard is largely cosplay with no military training.  Essentially, the Army version of Civil Air Patrol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not really.  You would have to disband the current version and start from the ground up.  It would be easier just for the state to take over TXARNG funding.  Texas already owns the facilities.

Remember, The Texas State Guard is largely cosplay with no military training.  Essentially, the Army version of Civil Air Patrol.
View Quote

Er, no.  I just came from a meeting w/ two Texas State Guardsmen and a retired Texas Ranger who do rather useful work for Texas DPS.  If you haven't worked w/ em recently, take another look and see who and where they're deployed, and what they're doing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm one of them.

Let's go brandon.

100% of religious exemptions have been denied to my knowledge at this point.
View Quote

I know of one Marine that was honorably discharged for religious exemption.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would never happen.

Make the state guard the Texas volunteer emergency services and have them focus on disasters and emergencies (something they are good at) and start fresh with something new.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Eh. I'm an E5 in GA...have been for years.....still haven't gone to BLC cause of civilian career....so I'm on thin ice.

Got second shot 4 months after the first, lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but that's fixable.

I stated upthread that the worst thing that you can do with a State Guard is to organize it alongside the ARNG as a state-only corollary with a "similar" structure and mission. In the modern, post Cold War era, they should be organized at the county level, with regional and state headquarters separate from the TAG dept. County level units supporting the public safety and emergency management plan set by the county government.

That would most likely require dissolving the State Guard as it exists and rebuilding it from the ground up, but it would still be far cheaper and easier than the state assuming 100% responsibility for the ARNG. It would probably dramatically improve recruiting and retention since each company of state militia would primarily serve the county in which they're based.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I stated upthread that the worst thing that you can do with a State Guard is to organize it alongside the ARNG as a state-only corollary with a "similar" structure and mission. In the modern, post Cold War era, they should be organized at the county level, with regional and state headquarters separate from the TAG dept. County level units supporting the public safety and emergency management plan set by the county government.

That would most likely require dissolving the State Guard as it exists and rebuilding it from the ground up, but it would still be far cheaper and easier than the state assuming 100% responsibility for the ARNG. It would probably dramatically improve recruiting and retention since each company of state militia would primarily serve the county in which they're based.
View Quote

Except the county level concept wouldn't work either.

Do you really expect the quality of soldier to be there?

Absolutely not.

This wouldn't work on the county level.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#32]
The butthurt in here about the state guard is funny.  They are on the exact same mission, same benefits, same pay as TXARNG on the border and have been.

...and I've seen some fat, FAT TXARNG members so they kind of look the same too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Absolutely not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely not.

Unfortunately, for the vast majority of State Guards, the state level concept doesn't work either.

As for quality, you get what you pay for. And if you aren't paying your soldiers...
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That would never happen.

Make the state guard the Texas volunteer emergency services and have them focus on disasters and emergencies (something they are good at) and start fresh with something new.

View Quote

This is what I didn't want to get stuck doing. Call me selfish but after I went to Nola post Katrina, I would never volunteer for disaster relief again.

I would sit back at watch Houston burn to the ground(or 20ft under water) before I go help retards shooting at me for wanting to help.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  The butthurt in here about the state guard is funny.  They are on the exact same mission, same benefits, same pay as TXARNG on the border and have been.

...and I've seen some fat, FAT TXARNG members so they kind of look the same too.
View Quote

Not quite the same pay - all Texas State Guard members are paid at the same rate on SAD no matter their rank, PVT to COL.  I think it's equivalent to E4 active duty pay, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We all damn well know that the leftist regime occupying the US .gov would do anything it had to to stop a state guard from obtaining serious weaponry. "Sorry Texas, the import permit for the 10 tanks you ordered from Russia is not granted".
View Quote

Well....if import restrictions are the bottleneck, Boeing is selling T-7 Redhawks for <$20 Million apiece.  IIRC, they are wired up for armaments (as there's a fighter-bomber configuration intended for foreign military sales to replace F-5s and MiG-21s).
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, for the vast majority of State Guards, the state level concept doesn't work either.

As for quality, you get what you pay for. And if you aren't paying your soldiers...
View Quote

But the state level state guard concept works less badly than a local one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The butthurt in here about the state guard is funny.  They are on the exact same mission, same benefits, same pay as TXARNG on the border and have been.

View Quote

What is the TXSG doing?

Where are they?

Where are their weapons?

I can go on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  What is the TXSG doing?

Where are they?

Where are their weapons?

I can go on.
View Quote

The Texas State Guard is operating on the border in Operation Lone Star, doing some of the same work the Texas National Guard is doing.

The Texas State Guard is not issued state weapons - however, like all TMD members, they are permitted to supply their own weapons and carry them concealed in uniform when they are not carrying gov't issued weapons.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wonder what kind of legal restrictions are on the States, when it comes to buying and importing weapon systems like tanks and planes and choppers? Obviously they can buy automatic weapons and machine guns for the cops, but could Texas or Florida buy a T-90 from Russia?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the DoD kicks out nearly half of the TX National Guard, what's to stop the governor from increasing the size and scope of the TX State Guard? Sure, they won't have the Federal weapons, equipment, and budget, but I have to imagine a state as big as Texas, which was once it's own republic, could find a way to put those soldiers to use.

Technically I think their is a limit on how many TXSG troops their can be. I just don't recall what it is. I've been out since 2019. However they are never even remotely close to that. TX Adjutant General and Gov. have had goal for prob. around 7 yrs I know of to grow the force to around 5000 (it averages around 2k). This is never going to happen due to attrition rates which are high and never seem to change. If someone is not prior service they have unrealistic ideas of military service and in the TXSG there is nothing to keep them until they "settle in" and adapt to it.

TXSG soldiers do not have contracts and can basically leave at any time as long as they follow the policy in 600-10. You have to give written notice to a commissioned officer in your chain of command requesting seperation and why. I don’t recall it being different for O's or W's but their may be some type of different process I don't recall. If they were to want to fold lots of TX NG into the TXSG it could actually be done as long as they discharge out of NG first and no longer have any commitments to them. The issue is when they find out no pay and per diem for monthly drill and you're luckly go get two days state AD pay for annual training (which is only a week for TXSG), no uniform allowance and nothing much gets issued. The other option is the state doing a major re-org of the TXSG to more allign with the NG model.

They have for years talked about contracts, paid drill and AT to help with retention rates but it never went anywhere and was always just a teaser at the end of the day. From a weapons stand point, if it's owned by or allocated by the State of TX it can be allocated to TXSG legally speaking under TX gov. Code. Federal owned and controlled items are mostly off limits, again a bit of over simplification but basically correct. However realistically how many time domestically do you need a tank or artillery piece for anything the NG does on a routine bases. Small arms are all ever needed, but hell NG is rarely issued ammo when armed anyway or maybe 5 rounds they can't insert into their weapon short of orders from a G.O. I'm obviously using a bit of hyperbole but it's not completely incorrect either.
The only thing that makes the TXSG technically an unarmed force are orders only, it's not in the law. In fact the TX Gov. Code speaks to surplus arms and equipment being allowed to be issued out for use to TXSG when available. They just don't do it.

Their is so much of the NG money that funnel from the National Guard Bureau (federal) down to the states what may even be coming from the state for those title 32 troops and facilities is in reality federal funds at the end of the day.
So could it be done, yes; at the troop level, mostly yes and mostly easily; at the operational and strategic level, nope not w/o a major effort and major changes accross the force in terms of retention of troops, funding and logistics, etc.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:  Small arms are all ever needed, but hell NG is rarely issued ammo when armed anyway or maybe 5 rounds they can't insert into their weapon short of orders from a G.O. I'm obviously using a bit of hyperbole but it's not completely incorrect either.
View Quote

While I agree w/ almost all of your preceding statement, this is my only nitpick - I can assure you the Texas National Guard on the border has issued ammo and their M4s are ready to go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny/not funny, my youngest has flurona now. Covid and Flu A. He's in his room playing video games now and outside some slight fever and a sore throat, he fine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

While I agree w/ almost all of your preceding statement, this is my only nitpick - I can assure you the Texas National Guard on the border has issued ammo and their M4s are ready to go.
View Quote

Hey man. Sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:27:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:23:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  Makes no sense
View Quote

What doesn't make sense?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Funny/not funny, my youngest has flurona now. Covid and Flu A. He's in his room playing video games now and outside some slight fever and a sore throat, he fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad he is doing fine/hope he feels better soon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What doesn't make sense?
View Quote

Brandon: Let's kick out tens of thousands of troops.

Also brandon: Let's pay 50k per soldier plus more for training to hire new troops of unknown caliber.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Also brandon: Let's pay 50k per soldier plus more for training to hire new troops of unknown caliber.
View Quote

Makes perfect sense to me.  How else are you going to get a woke Army if you don't kick out the conservatives and only recruit liberals?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has ever been thus. Of all the guys kicked out in the 1990s, how many were brought back post 2001? From the 2011 to 2016 drawdown, how many came back during the the 2017 expansion? The system does not want experienced and trained troops to return - they expect competent leaders. New personnel don't know the difference and are more compliant.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

This event:
Czech embassy delivered hundreds of servings of hot beef stew to soldiers out in the cold at the capitol last night.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top