Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, it doesn't seem to want to die...

wait for it...

probably because it keeps getting shot with  a 5.7.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my god, this thread is still going?
Yeah, it doesn't seem to want to die...

wait for it...

Ha!

I sense jealousy
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My 12" gen2 upper is pretty light. Lots of cuts in the rails, fluted barrel. I also milled out a JMT gen2 80% polymer lower. I'll weigh it when I get a chance.

Well over 1k rounds through this setup with no hiccups.
View Quote
Interesting, do you think a flash hider is necessary or for show.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking at the AR57 upper more, I wonder how an AR57 pistol with a Bushmaster carbon fiber lower would work out?

Weight wise...

12" w/ late model EOTech sight?

Barrel length is 18" with a 2" flash hider on the original.

So, that means with the hider off, the barrel is about 16.5" long -I think...

Next step is to make a barrel vise/clamp when we go back down and remove the hider, measure, maybe find a lightweight hider, remove the barrel and take a rough lightening cut, or rethread the barrel for a pinned/TIG'ed flash hider.

Suggestions appreciated, what would you like to have done? Barrel profile suggestions?
View Quote
Ask FAXON to do a barrel 
They do awesome unique and lightweight profiles
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  Yeah, it doesn't seem to want to die...
wait for it...
View Quote
ROFL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 12" gen2 upper is pretty light. Lots of cuts in the rails, fluted barrel. I also milled out a JMT gen2 80% polymer lower. I'll weigh it when I get a chance.

That's a really good question. I guess I just accepted it as standard. Can't hurt, right?

With 1/2x28 threads maybe I'll try a couple other hiders/brakes next time I go shooting and see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's a really good question. I guess I just accepted it as standard. Can't hurt, right?

With 1/2x28 threads maybe I'll try a couple other hiders/brakes next time I go shooting and see what happens.
View Quote
Adds weight, my interest is to see if it's practical to lighten the assembly with my own resources.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, the pistol doesn't have a flashhider...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

AR57 upper bro!
View Quote
Nah, my SG1 childhood fueled desire for a P90 is why I'm here.  AR57 doesn't do it for me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nah, my SG1 childhood fueled desire for a P90 is why I'm here.  AR57 doesn't do it for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR57 upper bro!
Oh, I understand. I will get a PS90 eventually for the same reason.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
"All your serial numbers are belong to us." -Lyndon
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Totally off topic, but does anyone know what AR-pattern SBR Carter carried for a season? I think was around seasons 6-8. Never could get a good look at it.

And then they went with G36s WTF?

P90 FTW!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Totally off topic, but does anyone know what AR-pattern SBR Carter carried for a season? I think was around seasons 6-8. Never could get a good look at it.

P90 FTW!
View Quote
Carter Special.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

P90 FTW!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

P90 FTW!
Never mind. Season 7 Carter Special.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

P90 FTW!
Carter Special.
Should've refreshed the page.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who has the 12" uppers in stock? 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Holy shit! Is that a gen3?! Or what?!

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could help. I bought mine through gunbroker like 5 years ago. I've been lazily looking for a 6" ever since, no luck.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  

Holy shit! Is that a gen3?! Or what?!

View Quote
Dunno, man.  FW_wife opened it for me b/c I'm still on hurricane duty.  I'll get it mounted and test fired on the Lyndon lower soon.

$650 at Classic
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#21]
@backbencher

I need to know more. Fill me in! Don't leave me hanging. That upper is badass, and I need to know more.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  @backbencher

I need to know more. Fill me in! Don't leave me hanging. That upper is badass, and I need to know more.
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Master-Lyndon-build-thread---trigger-jig--thumbhole-stock---223-upper-test-fired-27-May/121-709384/

www.e bay.com/itm/223-5-56-Trigger-Test-Jig-Fixture-Gunsmith-tool-Gunsmithing-154-pins-Fine-Grip-/271843743803

Link broken intentionally to prevent GoatBoy from selling your click - just copy, paste, take out the space.

$120 @ LAN World

Do you see where we're going?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Master-Lyndon-build-thread---trigger-jig--thumbhole-stock---223-upper-test-fired-27-May/121-709384/

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CJ0AAOSwg3FUcn0C/s-l1600.jpg

www.e bay.com/itm/223-5-56-Trigger-Test-Jig-Fixture-Gunsmith-tool-Gunsmithing-154-pins-Fine-Grip-/271843743803

Link broken intentionally to prevent GoatBoy from selling your click - just copy, paste, take out the space.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/media/com_hikashop/upload/cqr5.jpg

$120 @ LAN World

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  @backbencher

$120 @ LAN World

It's kinda like a P90, but so much better!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  It's kinda like a P90, but so much better!
View Quote
It comes without a serial number is the main point.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It's kinda like a P90, but so much better!
My AR57 does not have a SN...

I'm much more interested in the Mlock forearm. Quad rail is useless IMO.

I used to have BUIS at 90 degrees and it just didn't work. I'm not going to mount 45 degree canted sights either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Bumparoonie for the several good ideas this thread has given me.    

And, anyone contemplating the 22tcm carbine, that thing uses bolt handle lock up.  Like a cheap 22 the bolt handle is the locking lug.
I wanted one to complement my pos 22tcm ria 1911 style cast, metric, hammer broke off, no real 1911 parts fitting, pistol.  
I looked one over and decided it was a $250 carbine.

The cz mini mauser action would be the one to rebarrel for the 5.7 however, they already come in better calibers than the 5.7 and the bolt face would get you on the build.
Wonder if the bolt that fits the 22 hornet or 17 hornet would work though.  
I am hung up with mine in 223 because nobody makes the rings I need or I need a different scope.  
I can't slide the scope ahead far enough, no extention rings, or low rings{just medium}, to gain a clear site picture.  
I am going to try a different {bigger scope }.

The plastic trigger thinger that the Ruger ar trigger comes in is free if you buy the trigger.  
Was thinking about using that in a build until spotting those jigs whatshisname posted up the page.  
I may have to get one of those jigs just for shits n giggles anyhow.  

I know {Howa} but Ja-pan.  

I want one of those 5.7 pistols but believe they are a $400 pistol and anywhere I have seen one is over a grand.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

$120 @ LAN World

View Quote
Cool
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Finally home, and it looks like the charging handle can be swapped to the left side.  Pics soon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Did you make that lower out of one of those trigger block things?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  Did you make that lower out of one of those trigger block things?
View Quote
A-yup.  And a thumbhole stock from Hera.  Any thumbhole stock will do.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#32]
How secure is that with just the rear pin holding it all together?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How secure is that with just the rear pin holding it all together?  
View Quote
99 rounds secure if you add a zip tie:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Welcome to the club! 

Where are you going to test it at?

If you need magazines, Midwest Gun Works has 5 packs of the 30rd FN mags for $49.99.  They are super easy to convert to 50rd mags, you just snip the mag block off the retainer plate and put it back together.  The bodies are even labeled through the 50rd mark.
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/PS90MAGPAK5
View Quote
Ordered.  Didn't need 5 more mags for a toy @ the moment, but God forbid the communists push something through.  It's ambidextrous and will end in the Sinister's hands, so, will salt these away after testing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My PS90 is my new favorite "in case I have to shoot a 2 legged varmint at my house gun"  
Damn thing is easy to handle in the house, or truck.  Keep it in a tennis racket case with 6 mags.  
View Quote
I love mine and only made it better when I sbr it
Now it's handy as heck and a blast to shoot
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I just read through the last few pages of this thread. Seems that there is a ton of debate on the 5.7 vs 22 TCM

I have the 5" Pistol and the rifle.

The pistol is great. Almost zero complaints about it. Reliable, fun, accurate.

The rifle tested my patience. Sent it in due to light primer strikes. Now, with very meticulous hand loads, it shoots sub moa.

Velocity for the pistol is 1800 FPS reliably with converted lake city blanks brass and the 40g armscor bullets. Brass being free, armscor bullets, 10gr of H110 and CCI500 primers, I shoot these for just over $.10 CPR. These are not max loads, just my range and defense loads.

Velocity for the rifle is consistently 2850 FPS + with armscor brass neck sized only shooting 40g Vmax and 11.3gr of H110 over CCI500s. These obviously cost a bit more than the pistol rounds and I single feed them, but they are shooting good.

I have limited experience with the 5.7, so it is hard to make an accurate comparison but the things I see in this thread are absurd.

22 TCM pistol comes with a 9mm barrel, can be reloaded with converted 556 brass, and is super cheap to shoot for that reason.

5.7 has been around longer and has much more factory offerings and weapons designed around it. I love the idea behind it, I want one to play with.

The TCM is also only chambered in a few select firearms. I want a TCM AR15 that takes glock mags but alas, not in the cards yet.

The 5.7 has proprietary brass. And, from what I have read, poor brass life. That alone makes it less desirable to me. I also like 1911s over polymer pistols, but that is just personal preference.

Both rounds are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#37]
If it weren't near impossible to handload or if you could get steel case cheap ammo for it, I'd have an AR57. You can use a hollowed out mag as a brass catcher if you reload.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:  It's no harder to reload than any other cartridge, you just can't be sloppy.
View Quote
Most other cartridges don't have a proprietary non-replaceable coating over the brass.

Pro tip.  When shooting a downward ejecting firearm over a concrete shooting bench, put a mat down or your brass will beat itself to death.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#42]
The upcoming Pistol Lyndon - parts are here!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ordered.  Didn't need 5 more mags for a toy @ the moment, but God forbid the communists push something through.  It's ambidextrous and will end in the Sinister's hands, so, will salt these away after testing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Welcome to the club! 

Where are you going to test it at?

If you need magazines, Midwest Gun Works has 5 packs of the 30rd FN mags for $49.99.  They are super easy to convert to 50rd mags, you just snip the mag block off the retainer plate and put it back together.  The bodies are even labeled through the 50rd mark.
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/PS90MAGPAK5
Great tip, done.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top