Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We bought a 2014 CanAm Commander for just under $13k. It STILL runs like a scalded ape. It's NOT for sale. It has been really well maintained and never abused. I don't know how we got along without it before honestly. Shooting matches, 20 states, Moab, Big Bend, jerks the Jon boat out of my lake, hauls firewood, runs me to town and more and more. I do a FULL service every other year and to date it has about 220 hours on it. I'm not spending $50K on a new one though. Demand destruction. It's a thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I got about $11k in my Samurai and $5k in my Tracker

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad I got my 2017 Ranger 1000.  Could not afford it today.
View Quote

That's what I'm looking at, that or a Can-Am for my purposes. I about choked on a quote for the new Honda Pioneer 1000-6.

Hell, maybe I'll go back to thinking about a golf cart.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sure love my new dualsport KLR. New out the door at 6.5k, LMAO.

20-50k for a side by side are you guys fricken stupid?? I like to have fun also but C'mon man those prices are insane. Now I understand the 80k for a truck LOL.
View Quote

It’ll go good with their 40yr mortgage
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, if you are just looking to cruise the trails, something plain like a Polaris Ranger, Honda 500/700 or the like is just fine IMHO. I've never felt under-powered in my Honda 700-4. Due to rocks and such, I never hit more than 20mph anyway, unless I'm on a forest road or regular gravel, and then 35 is plenty fine for me. I'm not even an old guy (unless you ask my kid...), I just prefer to enjoy the scenery and take it slow.

But if you want to push the limit and go out west to play in the sand and rocks and mountains, there are machines for that too.
View Quote
So my Honda Pioneer 500 will be fast enough for the trails?  I bought it because one of the trails where I ride is 50 inch.  Only a few that meet that requirement
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So my Honda Pioneer 500 will be fast enough for the trails?  I bought it because one of the trails where I ride is 50 inch.  Only a few that meet that requirement
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64775/20230613_135016_jpg-2868812.JPG
View Quote

On actual trails, how fast you drive depends on your suspension much more than your engine.  But yeah, you'll be fine on trails in that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 27 inch radial tires instead of the OEM 24 tires  and Walker Evans shocks. Improvement over OEM
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top