User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see 855 doing anything "better" tham 193 and in fact in many categories 193 is superior.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

That’s kind of crazy why did NATO adopt a more expensive round that was worse in most ways?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That’s kind of crazy why did NATO adopt a more expensive round that was worse in most ways?
View Quote

They do different things differently. M855 was better at doing the thing they wanted when they adopted it.

Rather than go back to M193, they've adopted M855A1 and Mk318 which are better at what they want them to be now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They do different things differently. M855 was better at doing the thing they wanted when they adopted it.

Rather than go back to M193, they've adopted M855A1 and Mk318 which are better at what they want them to be now.
View Quote

Think M855A1 will ever be available to the public like regular M855?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Think M855A1 will ever be available to the public like regular M855?
View Quote

M855A1 and Mk318 have both already been available to the public. In quantities and prices like M855 and M193? Probably not because they're more expensive to make.

Once they get older then maybe we'll get an admin that doesn't hate Americans and allows it to be surplused instead of destroyed then it may be more available. Not for the foreseeable future though. FY23 ammo allocations are so fucked that there are units who won't be able to meet core METs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

M855A1 and Mk318 have both already been available to the public. In quantities and prices like M855 and M193? Probably not because they're more expensive to make.

Once they get older then maybe we'll get an admin that doesn't hate Americans and allows it to be surplused instead of destroyed then it may be more available. Not for the foreseeable future though. FY23 ammo allocations are so fucked that there are units who won't be able to meet core METs.
View Quote

Sorry I didn’t mean as cheap, I know pretty much everything in price goes up especially since it’s a more complex round to make and I knew some was sold to the public I just mean as available as green tip like find it on store shelves all the time. I didn’t realize it maybe a while. Thank you
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your barrel is twisted? No wonder you're having issues
View Quote

That's what the boreshite is for. Straightens them right out.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top