Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What was your first language?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What was your first language?

Can you form an actual argument that doesn't involve insulting and other fallacies?

Quoted:

I would argue that the majority of people carrying .45ACP think they're "gun people".....

I would argue that the majority of people bashing anything in .45 ACP or anyone carrying .45 ACP as NOT gun people that they "think" they are.

Whose side are you on right now? You're trying to divide, that is not a gun person at all and something a fudd would do and my argument for calling you out on what you said. Either we are gun people or we are not, there is no rule on what calibers only gun people must use in order to be "gun people." People that aren't gun people make that BS up.

Honest question for you. Can .45 ACP or even any caliber that isn't a 9x19, ever be mentioned in any positive context that will never hurt your feelings to react with vitriol or what?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:19:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This 100%.

As much as I enjoy my 45 (much more giggle switch and the 19fudd11) I only actually know one guy that prefers to carry 45ACP and is an actual gun guy. The rest I know/have met that argue for 45ACP probably didn't know 9mm existed until a couple years ago and still think you don't need more then 3 rounds and semi autos are the devil.

Hanging around a gun shop is quite a lot of fun to hear all the BS people spew. Then shooting with the fudds at the range is another great place.

Best bet is to pick something you can reliably keep on target and make hits with when it all goes to shit.

Edit: 32ACP master race!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would argue that the majority of people carrying .45ACP think they're "gun people".....

This 100%.

As much as I enjoy my 45 (much more giggle switch and the 19fudd11) I only actually know one guy that prefers to carry 45ACP and is an actual gun guy. The rest I know/have met that argue for 45ACP probably didn't know 9mm existed until a couple years ago and still think you don't need more then 3 rounds and semi autos are the devil.

Hanging around a gun shop is quite a lot of fun to hear all the BS people spew. Then shooting with the fudds at the range is another great place.

Best bet is to pick something you can reliably keep on target and make hits with when it all goes to shit.

Edit: 32ACP master race!

I don't believe anyone's integrity or opinion on things when they call owners of 1911's a fudd because that is not being a fudd, it's being used to insult with rather than the actual true meaning in it's place. Using fudd for 45 ACP and 1911's are not gun people at all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Love these threads!

I don't feel naked when carrying a pistol but rather almost naked, kind of like only wearing a loin cloth.  Be that pistol a .45 or a 9mm….doesn't take away that feeling.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can actually draw your pistol BEFORE you touch it.

You have to go "snake eyed".
View Quote

Such a great movie, but I'd bet 87% of GD won't get the reference.

Little Big Man (1970) Go Snake eyed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
A wise old guy I once knew said, with regards to killing things with firearms:  shot placement is King, penetration is Queen, a little expansion is nice to have but not necessary.   Everything else is just s**t that gun nuts argue about on the Internet.

With handguns in particular, you need a solid hit to the head or spine (or that otherwise disrupts the CNS somehow) to drop something in it's tracks. A hit anywhere else means the subject likely has anywhere from 30 seconds to forever to live.   It doesn't matter what you shot it with, not even Muh Lord's Caliber, 45ACP.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In multiple wound ballistic articles that have been published, there doesn't appear to be data that supports the claim in red. I get it, it's counterintuitive and you'd assume that an expanded bullet is more likely to clip an artery or something, but the support data is hard to come by.
View Quote

One thing modern hollowpoints will do for you is reduce over penetration.  I would hate to shoot a bad guy and have my round go through and through on it's qay to hit a kid standing behind the bad guy.

Also hollowpoints are less likely to ricochet when hitting hard surdaces.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In multiple wound ballistic articles that have been published, there doesn't appear to be data that supports the claim in red. I get it, it's counterintuitive and you'd assume that an expanded bullet is more likely to clip an artery or something, but the support data is hard to come by.
View Quote

One thing modern hollowpoints will do for you is reduce over penetration.  I would hate to shoot a bad guy and have my round go through and through on it's way to hit a kid standing behind the bad guy.

Also hollowpoints are less likely to ricochet when hitting hard surfaces.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top