BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol

I miss when dudes like stickman and mfingar posted cool gun pics and weren't pretentious turds about it.
View Quote

That's why I got a kick out of him adding HB water mark. His photos while fine, aren't some mind blowing imagery (though product photography rarely is), point being HB isn't paying him like he claims.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's why I got a kick out of him adding HB water mark. His photos while fine, aren't some mind blowing imagery (though product photography rarely is), point being HB isn't paying him like he claims.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

I miss when dudes like stickman and mfingar posted cool gun pics and weren't pretentious turds about it.

I can go take some whitebox photos with a bunch of strobes and a macro lens, or focus stack the shit out of some stuff on a pelican case if you really want.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So I finally gave into the hype and ordered a 16” Noveske Recon from GB. It’s a Gen I new old stock from when John was around. This is my first AR-15 and possibly the only one I’ll need. Buy once, cry once!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I finally gave into the hype and ordered a 16” Noveske Recon from GB. It’s a Gen I new old stock from when John was around. This is my first AR-15 and possibly the only one I’ll need. Buy once, cry once!
View Quote

Based.

What made you go with it?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Based.

View Quote

I held a used Gen III Infidel at a LGS and the fit and finish was perfect, but they wanted $2600 and I wasn’t a fan of the 13.7” barrel with a flaming pig muzzle device. I wanted a 16” barrel to keep my options open. Again, this is a first AR, not a 2nd or 3rd. People say the barrels went downhill since John passed, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with a Gen I new old stock. And at $1850, it wasn’t as ridiculously expensive as the Gen IV.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
My work buddy is a Noveske nerd.  When I went though a two week/2k round rifle instructor course 5 years back, he let me borrow his Infidel.  With no cleaning, the rifle shot slick as shit and was smooth af.  

Fast forward to last week, I decided I wanted a longer rifle as most of my ARs are 11.5.  I picked up a 14.5 with a pin and welded Dead Air flash hider (which I already have a can for).  Some simple googling brought me to a new, in-stock Afghan for $2,200 shipped with the stainless barrel.  I've only sighted in irons and a temp red dot, as my optic mount arrives Monday.  That said, It's a nice rifle.  Absolutely better fit and finish compared to my BCM rifles.  Tighter than my Radian, but maybe not as "buttery," aside from the action.  Definitely lighter weight.  It should be a good rifle.  I don't overthink it.  

As for their advertisements, they are different.  If you visit that area, and watch Average Joe's video of their shop, it makes sense.  They are different people, but make good shit, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I held a used Gen III Infidel at a LGS and the fit and finish was perfect, but they wanted $2600 and I wasn’t a fan of the 13.7” barrel with a flaming pig muzzle device. I wanted a 16” barrel to keep my options open. Again, this is a first AR, not a 2nd or 3rd. People say the barrels went downhill since John passed, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with a Gen I new old stock. And at $1850, it wasn’t as ridiculously expensive as the Gen IV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based.

Congrats!

When you get the rifle dm me a time stamped picture of it and an address, I’ll shoot you over some ammo to break her in!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]

That video is pathetic! JN must be rolling in his grave
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can go take some whitebox photos with a bunch of strobes and a macro lens, or focus stack the shit out of some stuff on a pelican case if you really want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

It'd more convincing then it currently is.

I really doubt Hasselblad said, you need to add this watermark to your fourm photos. Lmao
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Colt < Noveske < Geissele < KAC < LMT
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Congrats!

When you get the rifle dm me a time stamped picture of it and an address, I’ll shoot you over some ammo to break her in!
View Quote

Thank you so much! I’ll hit you up for sure. I’d expect sometime next week it should arrive at my LGS.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I got this in a marketing email from Noveske today. They know I am in need of a Ghetto Blaster.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#14]
My Noveske didn’t wow me, so I sold it and went BCM.

I heard the company went downhill once John died.

The shill is this thread stinks so much I had to burn some incense.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]
High five, you finally figured out how to spell Noveske.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#17]

"People Do Well If They Can"
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
does noveske machine their own parts?
View Quote

A few different companies makes/made their lowers (Stag, LAR, Kaiser Defense), and I believe SWS makes/made their rails.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!
View All Quotes
You said "Ghetto" not "Gucci"
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
does noveske machine their own parts?
View Quote

I called Noveske earlier and asked who makes their barrels. The receptionist bro told me they are made in house.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#23]
They turned into a hipster hype company. I mean their stuff is nice but nothing stands out that makes me want to buy their products over others.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a noveske lower on my Israeli M4 clone. It used to be a SOPMOD block I but I decided to change it to Israeli style since it has a meprolight M21 optic.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I click just to laugh at their prices

$2750

$3250

for some AR pistols
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I really like their gas action on the 18" SPR.  Very smooth. Noticeably more than the 16" Larue Stealth.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have Noveske rifles with barrels from before John passed and after.  My Gen III recon is every bit as good a barrel as the pre-death ones I own.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have Noveske rifles with barrels from before John passed and after.  My Gen III recon is every bit as good a barrel as the pre-death ones I own.
View Quote

I figured as much, but I heard J. Noveske personally inspected each barrel and used it as an enema for methamphetamine before passing it down the assembly line.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is there a way to tell? Was this from Blackwater Guns, they have like 10 of the things.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is there a way to tell? Was this from Blackwater Guns, they have like 10 of the things.
View Quote

No, it was from “good buys.” They had 1 at a buy it now price of $1850 and it included all the retail accessories, including hat.

If it’s Gen 1, it was made when John was around.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No, it was from “good buys.” They had 1 at a buy it now price of $1850 and it included all the retail accessories, including hat.

If it’s Gen 1, it was made when John was around.
View Quote

Thanks, good deal. Unfortunately all the ones this one place has are lw Recon barrels, I think there were medium weight ones.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks, good deal. Unfortunately all the ones this one place has are lw Recon barrels, I think there were medium weight ones.
View Quote

The one I ordered is identical to the ones listed by Blackwater Guns and it has a lightweight Recon barrel. Is that not a good thing?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The one I ordered is identical to the ones listed by Blackwater Guns and it has a lightweight Recon barrel. Is that not a good thing?
View Quote

They have another one up now, same people you got yours from.
BG shows their with a ProMag, yeek.

No, barrel isn’t good or bad, I would just prefer a mid weight if one was ever offered on a factory built rifle.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Noveske died, pac-nor burned. Is it really the same company and product?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sig must have been fucking a black guy behind OPs back to spur this sort of behavior.
View Quote

LMAOOOOOO this is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen on arf in multiple years.

But for real, OP, whats the deal? You were shilling sig shit hard for the past year…why the change?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Noveske died, pac-nor burned. Is it really the same company and product?
View Quote

When I receive my Gen I next week, I’ll call Noveske and ask them to confirm the history of the gun and what year jt was built.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’m gonna have to go lay down.

You should grab an OD Green MAWL for that bad boy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based and Noveske-Pilled. Please don't OD Green flex on me though, I don't think I can handle it tonight.

@narphenal

How about tonight?

https://i.imgur.com/BpNW5PW.jpg

I’m gonna have to go lay down.

You should grab an OD Green MAWL for that bad boy.

You can get it for me. I'll send you my address.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Noveske sucks now, hipster hypebeast trash with these gay ass collabs making skateboards and apparel

I placed an order for an N6 in January of 2021 with a quoted 6-8 week max lead time

I still haven't received my order, I get the same generic HR response of "muh pandemic" and "we're trying to iron out some issues"

During that year and a half and counting they have had ample resources to make every manner of stupid shit under the sun and a million photo shoots with douche bros and butchy lesbians

I'm only hanging on out of spite at this point, I'll never buy another Noveske product again save for a Gen 1 upper on the secondary market because i like the rollmark.

Fuck them, textbook example of how to ruin a great company
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Noveske sucks now, hipster hypebeast trash with these gay ass collabs making skateboards and apparel

I placed an order for an N6 in January of 2021 with a quoted 6-8 week max lead time

I still haven't received my order, I get the same generic HR response of "muh pandemic" and "we're trying to iron out some issues"

During that year and a half and counting they have had ample resources to make every manner of stupid shit under the sun and a million photo shoots with douche bros and butchy lesbians

I'm only hanging on out of spite at this point, I'll never buy another Noveske product again save for a Gen 1 upper on the secondary market because i like the rollmark.

Fuck them, textbook example of how to ruin a great company
View Quote

It sounds like you want to live the Noveske® lifestyle but turned bitter. Don’t sweat it, they will eventually fill your order and you can join the cool kids.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How are their barrels these days? I've heard some people say the quality has gone down hill a little over the years.

I need a 11.5" barrel and was looking at Noveske, DD, and some others trying to figure out the best barrel for the money.
View Quote

Their barrels are still accurate, it’s when people shoot FMJ and a dot on the gun is when people don’t have good accuracy. Their flash can is dumb and I don’t dig the gen4 looks but barrels and rails are still good.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I figured as much, but I heard J. Noveske personally inspected each barrel and used it as an enema for methamphetamine before passing it down the assembly line.
View Quote

Really?

Attachment Attached File

Edit: I really miss my Afghan. That thing was amazing with a leupold vxr on it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Only have some gen 1 and gen 3 factory stuff. The post-J. Noveske stuff is perfect imo. No issues whatsoever. Favorite is my Vltor upper that ADCO pinned/welded.. back in early 2020 which I still haven't zeroed . Yeah, Noveske gets a little annoying with their flat bill shit, especially on social media, but they occasionally make up for it with awesome range footage. One day I'll get a Ghetto Blaster.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#45]
My Noeske Gen 1 Lightweight Recon arrived. Being a Gen 1, I assumed it was 10+ years old, but the certificate of authenticity says it was manufactured a year ago. It seems Noveske is quietly churning out Gen 1s and distributing them through pawn shops that sell on Gunbroker. Nevertheless, the fit and finish is excellent. Everything appears to be current gen except the upper and lower receiver.

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They turned into a hipster hype company. I mean their stuff is nice but nothing stands out that makes me want to buy their products over others.
View Quote

That’s why I sold my Noveske rifle, bought a BCM and pocketed the $1,700 difference.

It was a beautiful rifle but it did nothing that my Colts and BCMs couldn’t do.  The Noveske was much more accurate, but I could put a match barrel on my BCM and still come out far ahead.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LMAOOOOOO this is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen on arf in multiple years.

But for real, OP, whats the deal? You were shilling sig shit hard for the past year…why the change?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sig must have been fucking a black guy behind OPs back to spur this sort of behavior.

Follow the money. My brother in law is in sales. Whenever he would switch jobs his shilling of a product would magically shift to his new employer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Oops wrong thread
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Just took the Noveske shooting to sight in my new optic

Rifle: Noveske N4 16" Recon Lightweight
Ammo: Hornady #81278
Optic: Eotech HHSV
Range: 100 yards
Setup: Seated with handguard supported by a bag

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top