BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those that won't read the article, it wasn't a modern depiction, it was a 14th century painting, the students were warned and permitted to leave, and it was in a presentation with depictions of other religious figures.
View Quote

Which brings up the point that in Islamic tradition, it was fine to depict Mohammed respectfully, until it wasn't.

My understanding is that the prohibition was more of a regional thing until relatively recent times.  The event that really solidified the prohibition was Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses".   I recall the Saudi Student Union hosting art shows depicting Mohammed at GWU in the late 80's, and they were practically an extension of the Saudi government.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Can’t show a picture of a rapist I guess.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Islam meets submit.
Seems to be working
View Quote

Would anyone understand a piss on “submission” sticker?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm surprised this thread is till going.  A few years back I started a Draw Mohammed Day thread, and it was nuked from orbit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Christians, Jews and Hindus need to run with this. Anything that a  c/j/h is not supposed to do a teacher cannot do. Teacher cussed? Offends my religion. Teacher says that man created religion? Offends my religion. Says anything normative about homosexuality? Offends my religion. Teachers are foaming at the mouth to destroy conservative values it should be a cakewalk to find issues.

Normally I don’t support one upping stupidity but in essence everyone is forced to be Muslim in this school.

C/j/h should support each other in this a Jew gets offended by bacon everyone should come out in support
View Quote

If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Christians, Jews and Hindus need to run with this. Anything that a  c/j/h is not supposed to do a teacher cannot do. Teacher cussed? Offends my religion. Teacher says that man created religion? Offends my religion. Says anything normative about homosexuality? Offends my religion. Teachers are foaming at the mouth to destroy conservative values it should be a cakewalk to find issues.

Normally I don’t support one upping stupidity but in essence everyone is forced to be Muslim in this school.

C/j/h should support each other in this a Jew gets offended by bacon everyone should come out in support
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I appears Boston.com is too chicken-shit to publish an image of the offending painting.
View Quote

Amazing, isn’t it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Should have just replaced the slide with a Haji fucking a goat.  Same thing.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top