Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dreiwhit:

I had to go to Costco today to pick up a few things and get a prescription.  Since they require people to wear masks, I figured i'll wear my dual cartridge half face respirator with filters rated to stop the virus.  I've used this mask when working in the shop and its easy to breath through and has an exhalation port.

However, after wearing it for 30 minutes while walking around Costco and waiting it in line, I didn't feel good.  I felt like I feel when my asthma flares up and I'm having difficulty breathing.  I wish I had taken my portable pulse O2 meter with me to see what my O2 levels were.

I realized that this mask is great and comfortable, but I had never worn it while walking around for a half hour.  Only sitting or standing in my shop.
View Quote

Wear that puppy in 120 degree heat and high humidity while working your ass off most of the day. It ain’t fun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DougR:
Mine are from China.  I got lots of them.

Every time I go out I use a new one.  Shortly after I get home I feel terrible, but it passes in 24-48 hours.  Hope it isn't these masks doing this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/29984/Masks_jpg-1417061.JPG
View Quote

I hope you’re trolling. If not, burn those things.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. If that is in fact the norm, then based on all the peeps I see wearing them everywhere (even in their cars) -  I'm going to see where to invest in business that manufacture these things.
View Quote
You don't think someone hasn't already beaten you to the punch there, Quickdraw McGraw?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one mask.

It sits on the dash of my car until I get to whatever place that requires I wear it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thin gaiter washed after every daily use. I think I have 10 of the SA ones.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ordered 100 masks back in January.  Wore a mask in public for the first time today in order to get a haircut.

ETA: a mask was REQUIRED to receive service.
View Quote
So...they have to cut around the rubber bands or what?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ahnglw:
I’m using my tighty whiteys. They serve a dual purpose. After I wear a pair for a couple of days I rotate them to mask duty.
View Quote

What’s the protocol for that?  Yellow or brown in front?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
N95s. Most unvented. Fresh one whenever I go to Kroger, Home depot or work. (WFH mostly).

I cycle them in dated paper bags in the sun where possible. Good for 20 cycles. I also have a P100 respirator with a case of fresh cartridges but I am a woodworker and use it for that.

No cloth masks.

I'll quit wearing them in September if my teaching job goes face to face so I can die quickly before the school pisses me off. I figure with my hereditary blood pressure, Type A blood, and a penis I have 4 about months to live.

Trying to teach my kid to drive this summer before that happens.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By j97531:
I wear a mask as better protection FOR you, not me.  Surprised you dont understand this.
View Quote

Did you stop driving your car to protect others from a potential accident?

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't wear one at all, if a business requires it for entry I'll gladly.take my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By piperpa24:

Sweet! So I can toss my underwear and used rubbers into a paper bag and leave it in my car for 7 days and I'm good to go!  I love science. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
Viruses are inactivated after a certain amount of time outside of a host.  They’re inactivated quicker in the heat of a car in the Texas sun. 

I use it, toss it in a paper bag, date it, and reuse after 7 days if necessary. 

By then, any viruses caught in the mask should be inactivated. Not worried about the bacteria. 

Next.

Sweet! So I can toss my underwear and used rubbers into a paper bag and leave it in my car for 7 days and I'm good to go!  I love science. 

Now you're getting it!

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
You don't think someone hasn't already beaten you to the punch there, Quickdraw McGraw?
View Quote

I was being sophomoric on purpose, but thanks for affirming the validity of my post bro.  Of course other people have and will continue to cash in on this lemming like activity - especially the ones who have been promoting it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I wear a mask as better protection FOR you, not me.  Surprised you dont understand this.
View Quote

Some of us like exercising our immune systems. Bring on the germs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I do a lot of demo. Stucco or concrete demo without a mask will make you fell like shit for several days. Normally I would use n95 ,but you can’t get them now. The homemade ones a nice . Because they are machine washable.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Nonsense, no need to dispose of any mask on the regular because it's purpose is to protect you from me. It can be all kinds of germy on the inside, from yesterday or weeks ago, and y'all would still be protected from me...

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm wearing the same mask ever since this started and only when required to shop or work. It's not clean and I don't give a fuck

Store has a sign to wear a mask, I pull it out of my pocket and put it on.  As soon as I get outside, I yank it off and shove it in my pocket.  

I only have to wear masks at work when I'm within six feet of someone, so the last half-hour three days a week.  

I also have to wear a mask to enter the building but I remove it as soon as I enter the building because there's only three other people there. In case anyone reviews the video I can just tell them that besides that I have to wear it to enter the building but the sun does not say I have to keep it on the entire time I am inside
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
How are mask wearers going to just up and say one day "well, the government said I shouldn't wear one anymore, guess coronavirus suddenly became less deadly"?
View Quote

Same way they up and said back when “well, the government said I should wear one every day, guess coronavirus suddenly became more deadly”...
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If masks work then why isn't everything open?
If masks don't work then why are we wearing them?

Attachment Attached File

...it never was
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I have some and access to plenty more and haven’t worn one yet.

I’m considering cutting eye holes in one and wearing it when I drive to make fun of all of the tards that drive around with them on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 75149:
I'm wearing the same mask ever since this started and only when required to shop or work. It's not clean and I don't give a fuck 

Store has a sign to wear a mask, I pull it out of my pocket and put it on.  As soon as I get outside, I yank it off and shove it in my pocket.  

I only have to wear masks at work when I'm within six feet of someone, so the last half-hour three days a week.  

I also have to wear a mask to enter the building but I remove it as soon as I enter the building because there's only three other people there. In case anyone reviews the video I can just tell them that besides that I have to wear it to enter the building but the sun does not say I have to keep it on the entire time I am inside 
View Quote

So basically, in your opinion, its all a big farce. You play their game so they will leave you the hell alone.

Now we're getting to truth. Thanks bro - I appreciate your honesty.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't and don't wear one, but I am retired and only go to grocery once a week. Last week the grocery I shop at posted a sign that masks are required. So today we made our weekly order online for a clerk to bring to our car in the parking lot. While waiting noticed most everyone pulled them out the instant they exited the store.

Talked with the clerk who brought out the groceries and told him I won't wear a mask. He's: 'I don't blame you, and none of us in the store would if it wasn't required for our jobs. Also, we won't throw you out if you come in without one.'

I did prepare a white bandana for if I ever really must wear one. Printed "INSANITY RULES" on it with magic marker.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Your not my supervisor!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
If masks work then why isn't everything open?
If masks don't work then why are we wearing them?

View Quote

Effective Propaganda

Give the Lie to the trusted man
Give the truth to the fool
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I wear the same one over and over.  Use it maybe 3-4 times per week.

I don't care.

0%
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Do you wear your mask around your family in your house. For them Not you
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I don’t wear one in public and will not go where they are “required”.  

I wear an air purifying respirator occasionally for work, but I’ve gone through the training and fit test required.

Most people I see wearing masks around town are wearing them so they are 0% effective.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:
I don't wear one at all, if a business requires it for entry I'll gladly.take my money elsewhere.
View Quote

Yep, don’t own one at all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you wash or replace your mask on a regular basis?  I mean it's a fertile ground for all sorts of bacteria and God know what else that you are breathing directly into your lungs while it is reducing the concentration of oxygen that actually kills a lot of this normally occurring stuff.

The way I see it, unless you are putting on a fresh mask at least every day it would be no different than wearing the same underwear every day - or not taking a shower every day.

I wonder if you looked into the houses of some of these mask wearers if you's see some shit like on Hoarders.  

Anyway - if you people are relying on a piece of fabric to protect you from certain death I'd assume you had a case of fresh ones in your vehicle and take the one you're wearing off and place it into a sealed bag as soon as you get back to your car from whatever horrid place you were at.

View Quote

Quit wearing one a couple of weeks ago. Went to the dentist today, inside a Burger King, and Walmart.
Freedom!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bud:

Did you stop driving your car to protect others from a potential accident?

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I have one
haven't cleaned it
haven't worn it for more than 10 minutes total

went to 2 stores in Peoria this morning without one mainly because most people I saw were not wearing them either

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:
People who give a shit how other people wear masks are only slightly less annoying than mask Nazis 

-guy who only wears a mask when the business requires it
View Quote

This ^^

I only use my masks when sanding drywall. Even an N95 leaks when doing it.

Here's a great one everybody should be required to wear until we have a vaccine: BioVYZR safe space helmet for the inordinately concerned
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Like underwear, you should have multiple changes of 'clothes', and should wash/sanitize them between use... and no skid marks on masks!  Hopefully
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By guyina4x4:
I have one
haven't cleaned it
haven't worn it for more than 10 minutes total

went to 2 stores in Peoria this morning without one mainly because most people I saw were not wearing them either

View Quote

I worked 60 days essential March and April no mask no gloves in a retail environment. NONE of the professional customers wore them. It was universally considered a joke and we didn't wait around for public approval.. After all that, my medical sources sent out an email saying that now, late in the game after we already flattened the curve, they will require one if you enter their facilities.

Sooo, I have a hunting camo face cover made from football jersey material - with all the little woven holes - and I will wear that. Came from a sniper veil I bought in 1984 from Ranger Joe's. Oorah.

You DO know they are selling bra cups for masks and have been for weeks past? Go surf it. For cheap check out DAV or Salvation Army. The 48DD's will just about cover a mans face entirely - you will need eye holes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#36]
COVID only lives for a few hours on surfaces, right?  So, if I wear my N95 to the store and then let it sit for a couple of days between trips, it should be fine the next time I wear it right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

But we need to drive cars for the economy.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
How are mask wearers going to just up and say one day "well, the government said I shouldn't wear one anymore, guess coronavirus suddenly became less deadly"?
View Quote

They already accepted the reverse of course from when the CDC said that wearing masks would increase your risks to now wearing them everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I use them for a few times them douse them in 70% isopropyl alcohol. In the car I’ll let them sit in the sun on the dash, and sanitize every few uses.

When I think they lose efficiency I relegate to use in woodworking or mowing.

I also make my own high efficiency masks from fleece high efficiency filter bags meant for HEPA dust collectors first stage.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
Viruses are inactivated after a certain amount of time outside of a host.  They’re inactivated quicker in the heat of a car in the Texas sun. 

I use it, toss it in a paper bag, date it, and reuse after 7 days if necessary. 

By then, any viruses caught in the mask should be inactivated. Not worried about the bacteria. 

Next.
View Quote

Exactly this.  

The original post has too many incorrect beliefs to intelligently counter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#41]

So basically, in your opinion, its all a big farce. You play their game so they will leave you the hell alone.

Now we're getting to truth. Thanks bro - I appreciate your honesty.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 75149:
I'm wearing the same mask ever since this started and only when required to shop or work. It's not clean and I don't give a fuck 

Store has a sign to wear a mask, I pull it out of my pocket and put it on.  As soon as I get outside, I yank it off and shove it in my pocket.  

I only have to wear masks at work when I'm within six feet of someone, so the last half-hour three days a week.  

I also have to wear a mask to enter the building but I remove it as soon as I enter the building because there's only three other people there. In case anyone reviews the video I can just tell them that besides that I have to wear it to enter the building but the sun does not say I have to keep it on the entire time I am inside 

So basically, in your opinion, its all a big farce. You play their game so they will leave you the hell alone.

Now we're getting to truth. Thanks bro - I appreciate your honesty.

Do you know anyone who smokes or vapes?  Have them don a mask, then move it aside enough to take a puff/drag, then hold it in for a second and put the mask back in place, then exhale.

Works best with the vented N95s, as that spews the smoke/vapor directly out in front.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By runcible:
I only wear it because you have to. Otherwise, it sits on the front seat of my car. Can't wait until this shit is over with.
View Quote

This

I can’t fuvkin breath with the paper ones I used

I have a hand made cloth job now

I think it’s a joke but it gets me into the liquor store
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#43]
 I'm going to see where to invest in business that manufacture these things.
View Quote

china, maybe build your own factory?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Haven't worn one.

Don't own any.
View Quote

Same here, despite it being a misdemeanor now not to wear one in my county.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I absolutely wear an N95 or PAPR for MY protection.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Does nobody actually like being able to be almost totally anonymous?  If I had worn the same mask 3 months ago I'd have been tased, shot, and probably shot again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

If you two would just wear a sign or t-shirt that told me not to respect you I would be happy to oblige.  Some people charge quite a lot for that...  
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

I absolutely wear an N95 or PAPR for MY protection.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top