[#1]
THAT FUCKIN DOES IT!!!!!!!!

on a lighter note I own page 3
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
OP is dead wrong. Would’ve been black.

These guys convinced me. The history is irrefutable.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys realize there are several physical descriptions of Jesus in Roman history, right?  

And that those descriptions are all similar?

And that they described him as blue eyed and ruddy complexion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder how much it bothers christians that Jesus didn't actually look like a white guy. When the romans came to arrest him, Judas had to point him out from the other jewish disciples because he didn't look any different from them.

https://i.imgur.com/VjIEiAA.jpg
View Quote

Why would Jesus be white? And why would Christians be mad he isn't white?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Shocked I tell you
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not ugly enough
View Quote

This. Mostly lived outside.

Isaiah 53:2b ... he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder how much it bothers christians that Jesus didn't actually look like a white guy. When the romans came to arrest him, Judas had to point him out from the other jewish disciples because he didn't look any different from them.

View Quote

That you don't know enough to capitalize the C in Christians tells me everything I need to know about this thread.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do Christians get so defensive when people point out that Jesus was not a pasty white person?

It's bizarre.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So umm, where were the Jews from?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#12]
They also asked a bunch if Christians what God looked like and had a sketch artist compile the results.  Looks like Elon Musk.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That you don't know enough to capitalize the C in Christians tells me everything I need to know about this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that too, but then realized that he only capitalized proper names of people.  He didn't capitalize "Jewish" or "Roman" either.

I chalk it up to laziness and bad grammar, but not a deliberate act.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I always thought Jesus looked like a piece of lightly burnt toast.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why do Christians get so defensive when people point out that Jesus was not a pasty white person?

It's bizarre.
View Quote

@JLAudio

Have we?  I can't speak for all Christians, but you have several on this thread that are basically saying "Duh... of course he wasn't Caucasian."

Your premise seems kinda Straw Man... or at least derived from inductive reasoning.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To a true Christian, it doesn't matter.
View Quote

This.  geeze, some of you guys are the simpletons you accuse Christians of being.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's bizarre.
View Quote

They don't.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Jesus was a Jew in the Middle East so duh
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Literally everyone knows Jesus spray tanned.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Next thing ya know someone is going to say Santa Claus is not white!
View Quote

St. Nicholls was a Turk, so you are correct.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@JLAudio

Have we?  I can't speak for all Christians, but you have several on this thread that are basically saying "Duh... of course he wasn't Caucasian."

Your premise seems kinda Straw Man... or at least derived from inductive reasoning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bizarre.

@JLAudio

I think you are the first to bring up that absurd and irrelevant "Caucasian" term.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's bizarre.
View Quote

Most of the pictures of Jesus I’ve seen in churches, literature, and art works all make him look like a 1970s southern rock guitarist. Pale skin, long-ish well-kept hair, pale eyes, and a glazed, blissful look on his face.

Is he going to deliver the Sermon, or the Guitar Solo, on The Mount?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would it bother white Christians? He was jewish.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Consider also that there were no Arabs around Jerusalem back then. The Arabs swept through the region during Mohammed's conquest 500-ish years after Jesus.
View Quote

Stop reading Stormfront approved history,
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's bizarre.
View Quote

Who is doing that? Link please.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It doesn’t matter.
View Quote

That's probably correct. He probably looked like one of the 9/11 hijackers. So what?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's bizarre.
View Quote

Point to just ONE post where anyone has said Jesus was white....of got defensive over it.....I'll wait......

Or are you like OP and just trying to stir shit up with baseless accusations?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think you are the first to bring up that absurd and irrelevant "Caucasian" term.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bizarre.

@JLAudio

@Bohr_Adam

Forgive my anthropology classes.  When I went through college, we were taught that the three basic sub-divisions of race were "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid"-- and every other variation resulted from some deviation or admixture of those primaries.

I'm quite certain that there is likely more developments to that viewpoint, and if I were in that field I would likely be up to speed on them.  As it is, my choice of term from the framework that I drew from seemed to be adequate for my point.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Consider also that there were no Arabs around Jerusalem back then. The Arabs swept through the region during Mohammed's conquest 500-ish years after Jesus.

ummm...what?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I suspect that he wold not be that well fed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#32]
He looked rough enough to make the Jews accuse him of being blasphemous.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#33]
This ridiculous accusation comes up here on GD in cycles that Christians can't handle the fact that Jesus was a Jew.  Of course we know he was a Jew.  An ETHNIC Jew!!!
We know he wasn't Caucasian Anglo-Saxon!!!

There are reasons some of which may be anti-semetic that Classic and Renaissance and even some Romantic period art depicted Him as more white.  But that is no reflection on the here and now.  That has more to do with high church history and issues that the culture was dealing with at certain points on how to view the Jewish people.  Some of it stems from the issue of historic Amillenialism and that the high church struggled to figure out what to do with the Jewish people because having murdered Jesus, it was their view that there was no more use for them and God had permanently cut them off and had taken up His kingdom program with the Church.  Therefore the Jews were under God's curse and they didn't want to portray them ethnically in their artwork and stained glass windows.

A little study could have figured this out but no, we have to just keep throwing this on GD for at least the 6th time since I have been a member here since before 2001.

Get off it already.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He appears as you think he appears.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've always thought that  CK had a strong middle eastern look to him, and that his "real" momma might be lying (or guessing?) I hope he sees this picture and comes to a similar conclusion, it would be entertaining.
View Quote

Kapernick is adopted.  He was born in Algeria or Morocco and came to the US as a baby. No idea if he has any idea who his birth mother is or if she is alive.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Most of the pictures of Jesus I’ve seen in churches, literature, and art works all make him look like a 1970s southern rock guitarist. Pale skin, long-ish well-kept hair, pale eyes, and a glazed, blissful look on his face.

Is he going to deliver the Sermon, or the Guitar Solo, on The Mount?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am a Christian and I have said for years that Jesus looked more like Yassar Arifat than a hippy European
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Many of Euro decent are darker, my sister among them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Point to just ONE post where anyone has said Jesus was white....of got defensive over it.....I'll wait......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bizarre.

Either all y'all's sarcasm meters are out of whack or mine is.  I know which way I'm betting.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
AI... give me a break. Based on what?
View Quote

One could certainly ask that same question about the entirety of the Bible.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He looks Arab.  Jesus was a Jew.
View Quote

Sephardic Jews can look exactly like that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This ridiculous accusation comes up here on GD in cycles that Christians can't handle the fact that Jesus was a Jew.  Of course we know he was a Jew.  An ETHNIC Jew!!!
We know he wasn't Caucasian Anglo-Saxon!!!

Get off it already.  

View Quote

WHAT?!

I THOUGHT HE WAS MEXICAN

That’s it. Christianity broken. There’s no recovering from this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Based on Jesus' ethnicity and his region and the time period, it looks plausible.

Jesus was a Jew living in the Middle East some 2,000 years ago.  He would look pretty similar to most people who live in the area today.
View Quote

+1

Exactly.  Nothing at all surprising.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He looks Arab.  Jesus was a Jew.

Were you expecting a yarmulke and a doctoral degree?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0a/Fagin_by_Kyd_1889.jpg/1464px-Fagin_by_Kyd_1889.jpg

Jesus invented the bagel.  True story.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@Bohr_Adam

Forgive my anthropology classes.  When I went through college, we were taught that the three basic sub-divisions of race were "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid"-- and every other variation resulted from some deviation or admixture of those primaries.

I'm quite certain that there is likely more developments to that viewpoint, and if I were in that field I would likely be up to speed on them.  As it is, my choice of term from the framework that I drew from seemed to be adequate for my point.
View Quote
Last I remember, anthropologists were claiming that race was bullshit, and there was no such thing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#47]
That's kinda what I always thought he looked like.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So umm, where were the Jews from?
View Quote

Egypt?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
AI isn’t  a real thing right now. So it’s bullshit

Also, I don’t care if he had darker skin.
View Quote

Pretty much this. AI my ass.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's bizarre.
View Quote

Can you point out the specific posts in this thread that support that conclusion? Because to me it appears to be the complete opposite.

Thanks. I'll be waiting.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top