Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

whow..that was quite a jump..are pedophiles a race now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except that these "rules" prohibit the calling of names or calling out of ANY group of people.

Pedophiles are now a protected class on ARFCOM.

Not race but group.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
it isn't. I use it all the time. I was referring to them running to whomever they chose to complain about the site.
View Quote

Not trying to be a dick here. Really.

But this is what always gets me with this sort of thing.

By every metric, Karen when used that way is specifically a term used to degrade someone based on their skin color.

And you saying “no it isn’t” flys in the face of every definition of it.

Just to understand, as this isn’t the free world here and I get that….. but are the mods generally the arbiters of what words are to mean?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Striker has posted multiple times with glee that the “GD playground is closed”

Take that for what you will, trolls will continue to troll while the vast majority of the member ship continues to try to follow the written and unwritten, enforced and unenforced COC.

“You can’t call savage people savages because I made some intentional bait posts and have anecdotal evidence that supports the bias I already had”

Or should is just say “lol”?

To claim you know when someone has racism in their heart when you literally have no clue if that’s true or not is exactly what sooooo many people are fucking sick of. Phrase something with just the wrong little word or order of words and you’ve gone from dismissing something that is stupid to “ That’s a dog whistle to muh Racists”

Give me a fucking break.
View Quote

Agreed, If a pack of feral dogs attacks someone, and you call them feral you presumably aren’t labeling all dogs as such.

I suppose it’s still safe to call people assholes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Guess we're getting Brownelled...again.

It's all so tiresome.  I won't be renewing my membership.
View Quote

It is and not will I renew.

Arfcom has been a nice getaway for me for the last several years and Ive had pleasant conversations with a lot of good people here, but now that has been infiltrated with the same PC bullshit that I despise. I will not renew either.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good but where does it end? I have as much if not more disdain for white trash meth heads as any other racial group’s criminal scum. Does using the term “white trash” mean I think that about all white people? No, of course not. So if I call a group of black teens who beat a white person at a gas station or fast food restaurant “feral blacks”, does that mean I think that of all black people? I’ve never used that term, just call them thugs or criminal scum, which describes a behavior, how long before that’s not allowed?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Are we allowed to post sweeping generalizations about groups if they’re positive?

“As a final note, if someone posts something that is over the line, and you quote it and/or indicate your agreement with it, you will receive the same sanction as them.”

lol

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Read what he typed on the page. Words have meanings.

It reads ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE

ETA And I know it means any group and not races of people because I've been warned about talking about the Taliban in one instance and asking if a person that stole a vehicle in South Texas was a Mexican.

I'll point out that none of those racist warnings I got were for races of people.

You are lying your fucking asses off pretending this shit is just about the poor poor black people.

You don't have freedom of speech where you are from and neither do half the mods so it's no wonder you guys are confused.
View Quote

Is Mexican racist?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Boomer isn't a race
View Quote

Leave it to Boomers to not remember they started this generational poop flinging contest with all their complaining about Millennials
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
The London police department made a call...
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Are published crime statistics still allowed?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

By every metric, Karen when used that way is specifically a term used to degrade someone based on their skin color.

Just to understand, as this isn’t the free world here and I get that….. but are the mods generally the arbiters of what words are to mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it isn't. I use it all the time. I was referring to them running to whomever they chose to complain about the site.

I've called him/her out on it twice but they/them refuse to address the issue.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How very woke of them...
View Quote

"Budweiseresk".....
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reads an awful lot like "please do not speak the truth"
View Quote

This is what I’m seeing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They become orcs when they invade sovereign territory and shell civilians. Orcs become good communists when they die.
View Quote

What about Americans invading foreign countries ? Are they orcs too ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The only people who don’t read that post and think “well this all seems pretty obvious and reasonable” are, well, probably racist.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Jannies gonna jannie, what else is new
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You didn’t limit that to a race when you said any group of people, though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Does this protect me from being called a "damn yankee"
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What about Americans invading foreign countries ? Are they orcs too ?
View Quote

Americans only invade foreign countries to improve them and form alliances.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you guys want to express racism, just go to Stormfront. Otherwise, it just hurts the 2A cause and makes firearm enthusiasts look bad.
View Quote

Gun owners breathing hurts the 2a cause. Everything makes firearms enthusiasts look bad. I stopped going to the range because I don't own a tux, and didn't want to hurt gun owners images.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is Mexican racist?  
View Quote

Only when they cross the border illegally and demand support from the United States Tax Payer, or discussing illegal
Immigration and its negative impact on our society.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not race but group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except that these "rules" prohibit the calling of names or calling out of ANY group of people.

Pedophiles are now a protected class on ARFCOM.

Not race but group.

Right. And name calling or being mean about any group is prohibited.

This is nothing new. They enforce wrong speak strikes on people all the time for talking shit about the Taliban or nationalities even when they are jokes.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
and groups of people aren't a race..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and groups of people aren't a race..

How do you feel about generalizations about non native born Americans? Because it is interesting that it is the non native born American staff who are leading this campaign. That is you and DK-Prof. I think many members would agree with the statement that non native born Americans tend to be overly sensitive.

And, to the crux of the issue: do most of the members who you are labeling as racist actually attack others based on race? Or are they attacking a culture that they believe is harmful to our country and way of life? As you just wrote, a group is not racist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#24]
So if I report every thread denigrating white women, there will be a response?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm just reading the announcement and page 6. Is there a list of words that we can use?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The only people who don’t read that post and think “well this all seems pretty obvious and reasonable” are, well, probably racist.
View Quote

Are you posting this from Target, wearing Nike shoes picking up a 12-pack of Bud Light?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
this has absolutely nothing to do with free speech which btw doesn't apply here.
it has everything to do with GD being over run with racist crap.
it's coming to an end and if you feel that is infringing on your right to free speech I don't know what to tell you.
View Quote
The only thing I can really point to that seems shitty is the specific comment about 'Didn't do nothing'... It's in so many fucking news stories and YouTube videos. When you see a trashy family being interviewed you fucking know it's about to be said by someone.

I do understand that substituting Amish for the n-word is pretty blatant which word is actually intended.

Whatever happens I really hope this isn't the beginning of overmoderation. If you're going to err, please do so on the side of undermoderation.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They become orcs when they invade sovereign territory and shell civilians. Orcs become good communists when they die.
View Quote

Don’t people who commit horrible crimes with animal like behaviors become “savages” , according to your logic ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I am sensing that these new rules are not popular.  And yes on a friday night on a holiday weekend some drunken postings will not end well.  To those that are soon to disappear, it was nice knowing you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Is Mexican racist?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA And I know it means any group and not races of people because I've been warned about talking about the Taliban in one instance and asking if a person that stole a vehicle in South Texas was a Mexican.

I'll point out that none of those racist warnings I got were for races of people.

You are lying your fucking asses off pretending this shit is just about the poor poor black people.

You don't have freedom of speech where you are from and neither do half the mods so it's no wonder you guys are confused.

Is Mexican racist?  

I wad told it was. I responded in IM and got no response.  Just was told they are watching me and will kick me off the site for racism if I say things they don't like.

They will stretch any rule to fit anything they don't like.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You didn’t limit that to a race when you said any group of people, though.
View Quote

Canadianese looks like English when written but words have different meanings.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh, and IBTL
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If the term is being used improperly for all Russians I think a warning would be completely fair.

If it’s being used correctly though, should be fine.
View Quote

Then the same logic should apply to let’s say, savages. Don’t you agree ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
we live where the wind hurts your face and we can drink all y'all under the table any day of the week.
View Quote

I would say all Canadians are liars, but I guess that’s out.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So we can no longer call a spade a spade is what you’re saying.  

View Quote

Basically the way I understand it is if you do they’re going to assume you’re comment is actually more encompassing than it is, and label you racist which is what leftist do.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What about "redneck," which does not offend this "cracker."
View Quote

What if you go straight to white trash?  Why’d you leave that out?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know what to make of this really. Nice knowing you guys,looks like we'll have to do a group buy somewhere because of feels.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What if you go straight to white trash?  Why’d you leave that out?
View Quote

The new correct term is sister cousin fucking adjacent people.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I remember a post a while back that said "Kill all white people"  I reported it as well as several others, nothing happened.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I read it expecting a Babylon Bee link at the end.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can't wait for the next thread relentlessly attacking every single person born prior to 1965.

I see nothing, I hear nothing, I say noth-ink!
View Quote
According to the pink thread
"Do not make negative statements about ALL members of a group people based on isolated incidents or even on overall general statistics of that group."

So I would say hit 'report' on those threads.  But who am I?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
perfectly fine as long as they aren't referred to with racist terms. I don't understand the need to refer to people that way to get a point across..
a group of white people commit a crime..no racist terms used.
a group pf black people commit the same crime and racist terms abound.    that is the issue..
folks need to remember..big brother is watching this site and will use any excuse to shut it down..we aren't going to let that happen..and people that don't care or work towards causing that will be gone.

View Quote

So what your saying is….your afraid so your gonna pussy foot your way around free speech to appease the government?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#44]
But is posting a picture of Carnac still allowed?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry but you just destroyed your own definition of why certain words are banned.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I dun learndid a new racist term from the post warning about the use of racist terms.
View Quote

I thought the rundown of racist terms was quite ironic.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there a list of words that we can use?
View Quote
Marginalized BIPOCS and LGBTQIA+ communal members due to the inequity present in our Heteronormative capitalist patriarchy founded on values of European Supremacy?

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm just reading the announcement and page 6. Is there a list of words that we can use?/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote

There must be a term we can use to describe people who laugh at their own posts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I get what you're trying to do here, because I've seen exactly the behavior you're trying to stop and it is overtly racist as fuck. But man if this isn't the most slippery of slopes!

*to clarify, by slope I meant
noun
a surface of which one end or side is at a higher level than another; a rising or falling surface.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The London police department made a call...
View Quote

EXACTLY what I thought when I first started to read this shitshow

Page / 18
Top Top