Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We'll see, McCain proved to be very resilient.  Flake not so much, but I think Flake is a moron.
View Quote
Neither has the gravitas that NoName had.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Then we need to be working on getting a better candidate who can defeat her in '20, right?
View Quote
Yeah, but the AZ GOP will put a ton of money behind McSally again in 2020.  I am hoping someone like Jeff DeWitt decides to run against her.  Hopefully Sinema is gone in 2024, it'll depend on whether we have become CA by then.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, but Flake didn't have a way to play the war hero angle and McSally does.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She'll be a one termer if that's the case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe she would do a better job of not crashing and burning and siding with the enemy.
Based on her congressional record, I'd wager she's going to be worse than McCain.
She'll be a one termer if that's the case.
Here's her voting record -
https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/137299/martha-mcsally/?p=1#.W8tdvktKhEY
and guestimated issue positions:
https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/137299/martha-mcsally/#.W8td50tKhEY
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, but the AZ GOP will put a ton of money behind McSally again in 2020.  I am hoping someone like Jeff DeWitt decides to run against her.  Hopefully Sinema is gone in 2024, it'll depend on whether we have become CA by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then we need to be working on getting a better candidate who can defeat her in '20, right?
Sitting this election out and not voting against Sinema will ensure a Sinema win. This is what the Dems are hoping for.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Paywall.
View Quote
Just click I choose not to support.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Let the commie get entrenched for 6 years and hope for the best? Brilliant strategy!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of NoName's "hero" status came from being a POW.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Politics aside...Sinema should be drug tested.

She talks in this low monotone whisper like she’s sedated or something. Pupils appear dialated like dinner plates.

Nut job, drugs or both?  Maybe the meth she joked about.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Politics aside...Sinema should be drug tested.

She talks in this low monotone whisper like she’s sedated or something. Pupils appear dialated like dinner plates.

Nut job, drugs or both?  Maybe the meth she joked about.
View Quote
She's a lib, so there is a mental disorder. As far as the meth.....she has lost a lot of weight.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No offense dude but ”combat time” flying drones?

Peace time training missions are more dangerous than that. I don’t mean that to take away from your service but when the worst thing that happens to you is your expensive drone crashes while you’re sitting in your air conditioning and your forced to drink a Pepsi because they’re all out of Coke while they roll you out a new “aircraft” I think that counts even less than her strapping into a machine that could kill her at any moment.

I’m going to tell the infantry guys I have more combat time in COD than they do in the actual field
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s sure the story she tells people.

She got like 80 “combat” hours in Southern Watch. I’ve seen more combat through a video screen flying Reapers than she ever did.

And she was a shit pilot. There was no way she was ever not going to make it through A-10 FTU though. She had congressmen calling the squadron ensuring as much.

She spoke to my SOS class several years ago. I’ve never wanted to hit a woman before, until I heard her speak. She is an insufferable bitch who cares about nobody but herself. Fuck her.

Peace time training missions are more dangerous than that. I don’t mean that to take away from your service but when the worst thing that happens to you is your expensive drone crashes while you’re sitting in your air conditioning and your forced to drink a Pepsi because they’re all out of Coke while they roll you out a new “aircraft” I think that counts even less than her strapping into a machine that could kill her at any moment.

I’m going to tell the infantry guys I have more combat time in COD than they do in the actual field
+1

Can drone pilots get PTSD, Lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be done.  We fought for Cruz over Dewhurst.  (Yeah, I'm a transplant)  Had to have a run-off primary, but we did it.  Dewhurst had the establishment backing him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Her opinions on illegal immigration should disqualify her from being elected as a Republican.

Here are her own words on the matter

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding HR 1487, the Dreamer Protection Act. I appreciate your thoughts on this important issue.

As you may know, HR 1487 was introduced on March 9 th , 2017, by Rep. Norma Torres. This bill seeks to prohibit federal funds to be used in order to apprehend, detain or remove any illegal immigrant who was granted deferred action under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program if they lost their status as a result of actions taken by the President or other federal official. H.R. 1487 has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. While I do not serve on that committee, rest assured that as Chairwoman of Committee on Homeland Security’s Border and Maritime Security Subcommittee, I will continue to advocate for common-sense solutions to secure our border and repair our broken immigration system.

You will be pleased to know on September 1 st , 2017, I proudly led a group of lawmakers in writing a letter to Speaker of the House Paul Ryan requesting the House take up legislation addressing the future of DACA. Within the letter, I expressed my disagreement in which the way former President Obama established this program, however acknowledged the resolution should be left up to Congress – not the President. I also clearly express my thoughts that to turn back on our word to the thousands of dreamers would be wrong.

You will also be pleased to know that I proudly cosponsored H.R. 1468, the  Recognizing America’s Children Act which recognizes the complexity of the immigration issue, and would provide a path to legal status for “Dreamers”--undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children. This bill would provide immigrants who have been vetted by The Department of Homeland Security with three pathways toward legalization: higher education, service in the armed forces, or work authorization. Following a 5-year conditional status, these immigrants would be able to reapply for a 5-year permanent status.

As the 115th Congress addresses the many challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and concerns. To keep up with my work in Congress, you can follow me on   Twitter and   Facebook , or visit my website at  mcsally.house.gov where you can sign up to receive my e-newsletter. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. Please continue contacting my office regarding issues that you feel are important to you and Southern Arizona.

In Service,

MARTHA McSALLY
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Let the commie get entrenched for 6 years and hope for the best? Brilliant strategy!
View Quote
Better luck net time, hopefully.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It can be done.  We fought for Cruz over Dewhurst.  (Yeah, I'm a transplant)  Had to have a run-off primary, but we did it.  Dewhurst had the establishment backing him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was there for that as well. You can be sure I wouldn't have been carrying water for the dem if my preferred candidate didn't win the primary like some in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was there for that as well. You can be sure I wouldn't have been carrying water for the dem if my preferred candidate didn't win the primary like some in this thread.
View Quote
Yes, let's support someone that's going to legalize more Democrats, now there's a winning strategy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Good question.
View Quote
Because they can’t win on their real agenda.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Okay, someone just needs to make an opposing cartoon showing McSally road-hauling that other gal with an A-10.  Or one of the FLIR-style videos of an airstrike being called in on some nutjob with a MANPAD.  Submit it alongside the first cartoon so they can "REEE ADVOCATING VIOLENCES!!!" and look like fucking morons.

Calling a supposedly substantive argument "substance" is actually pretty humorous for a supposedly satirical cartoon format (since there's no substance being conveyed in the cartoon)
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

View Quote
I used to attribute your bullshit to ignorance.  But it’s clear you are nothing more than a troll.

An apparent civilian troll who trivializes military members with PTSD, at that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She got like 80 “combat” hours in Southern Watch. I’ve seen more combat through a video screen flying Reapers than she ever did.

And she was a shit pilot. There was no way she was ever not going to make it through A-10 FTU though. She had congressmen calling the squadron ensuring as much.

She spoke to my SOS class several years ago. I’ve never wanted to hit a woman before, until I heard her speak. She is an insufferable bitch who cares about nobody but herself. Fuck her.

+1

You do know he was an actual IP for a while, right? Sometimes your unit switches aircraft. Sometimes they switch to drones. There ain't a damn thing the pilot can do about it. Ask him or any other pilot what they'd rather be flying... a drone or a plane that'll take them into harms way. I don't need to ask him because I already know his answer. But sometimes it's not up to the pilot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds about right for a politician, honestly.  Good thing none of that combat experience matters at all for the job she's applying for; it's only relevant to octogenarian moron NPCs voting for whoever has the shiniest trappings of patriotism (McCain voters)
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, let's support someone that's going to legalize more Democrats, now there's a winning strategy.
View Quote
Compared to supporting an actual communist democrat that will be around for at least 6 years. Get it together man.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#23]
She is soft of illegals, that is not good.  But the alternative is worse.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sounds about right for a politician, honestly.  Good thing none of that combat experience matters at all for the job she's applying for; it's only relevant to octogenarian moron NPCs voting for whoever has the shiniest trappings of patriotism (McCain voters)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what you're saying but I can't escape the nagging fact that how one portrays themselves, the content of their character, is a powerful indicator for how well that person will do their job and represent their constituents. If she couldn't be counted on to do her job flying CAS missions with greater concern for ground troops rather than her career advancement, then how well can she be counted on to perform her duties selflessly in an elected political position. I'm bettin she uses her political position first and foremost to enrich her bank account.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]
So they are admitting that Democrats are anti-American terrorists?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Never invite the vampire in...
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Compared to supporting an actual communist democrat that will be around for at least 6 years. Get it together man.
View Quote
Amnesty is game over.  Both candidates support it, Democrats support it because it gets them votes, Republicans like McSally support it because there big donors at the Chamber of Commerce like cheap labor.  I do not support either.  Next time if I have the choice of an anti amnesty candidate, they will have my vote.  I am a single issue voter at this point and my issue is immigration.

ETA:  Most of the issues McSally is conservative on are issue I either do not give a shit about or am liberal on such as abortion.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys bitching about McSally - what do you want us to do?  She won the R primary spot.  IMHO that sucks, but she's the R on the ticket.  You want us to stay home?  Vote for the DEM trying to hide that she's a DEM?
View Quote
@JAFFE

It’s very simple during the general election:  Straight ticket.  You darken the circle for anyone who has an (R) next to their name.  The time for anyone to bitch about a Republican candidate is during the primary.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well he does sound like a "Real Conservative" so that's probably why.

People always wonder why Republicans "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" and dumbass strategies like that are why it happens. It's not the politicians, or the party, it's lazy ass voters who sit at home instead of getting involved & then they wonder why their preferred candidate gets his ass beat over and over.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@JAFFE

It’s very simple during the general election:  Straight ticket.  You darken the circle for anyone who has an (R) next to their name.  The time for anyone to bitch about a Republican candidate is during the primary.
View Quote
It's not that simple.  Lefties have figured out this strategy and are running as Republicans in some races.  In fact there's one case of that going on in AZ this election cycle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I used to attribute your bullshit to ignorance.  But it’s clear you are nothing more than a troll.

An apparent civilian troll who trivializes military members drone pilots with PTSD, at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

An apparent civilian troll who trivializes military members drone pilots with PTSD, at that.
Stay on point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well he does sound like a "Real Conservative" so that's probably why.

People always wonder why Republicans "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" and dumbass strategies like that are why it happens. It's not the politicians, or the party, it's lazy ass voters who sit at home instead of getting involved & then they wonder why their preferred candidate gets his ass beat over and over.
View Quote
Is that what happened in CA or did a massive influx of immigrants cause the state to go full leftist?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
why are leftists pretending to be all patriotic all of a sudden.
View Quote
Hillary's loss, followed by Trump's successes and popularity numbers, showed the party leadership that voters have been shifting more toward supporting conservative candidates, because those voters have gotten a taste of winning and have been seeing how the left is just a bunch of whackjobs throwing tantrums because they didn't get their way.

In order to have a chance of taking back the House and Senate, they have to convince moderates and low information voters that democrat candidates (in areas that are not leftist strongholds) have conservative views and support the Constitution, the flag, and even (gasp) capitalism.

That's why Phil Bredesen has been implying he has an NRA 'A' rating (he doesn't because he vetoed pro-carry legislation, when he was TN governor), and claimed he would have voted to confirm BK - before video surfaced of "volunteers" (who were actually paid employees of the democrat party) at his campaign headquarters saying that Bredesen lied about supporting BK, and that the reason he said it was that it was necessary to win.  One of the higher ups in running Bredesen's campaign, has a history of making public statements showing pure hatred of conservatives in TN, and Bredesen has been fundraising in NYC, for his campaign in TN, but Bredesen wants us all to think he is a TN conservative at heart.

What's that term some religious cult has for the idea that lying to your enemy is completely justified, even viewed favorably by their god, because it is done to support their eventual victory over the unbelievers?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's not that simple.  Lefties have figured out this strategy and are running as Republicans in some races.  In fact there's one case of that going on in AZ this election cycle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@JAFFE

It's not that simple.  Lefties have figured out this strategy and are running as Republicans in some races.  In fact there's one case of that going on in AZ this election cycle
Yeah, it’s a shitty situation for sure.

When NH Senator Kelly Ayotte was running for re-election back in 2016, I was disgusted with her but voted for her anyway.  She was a cunt and she didn’t back Trump.  Had she done so, even introducing him at all rallies from September 2016 on, she would have gotten necessary exposure and consequently the 700 votes she needed to win.  Instead, she got to watch Trump go to the White House without any help from her.  She could have been Attorney General if she had not committed the sin of going against her own party.  She didn’t deserve to win, and she did not win, but it wasn’t because of me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When NH Senator Kelly Ayotte was running for re-election back in 2016, I was disgusted with her but voted for her anyway.  She was a cunt and she didn’t back Trump.  Had she done so, even introducing him at all rallies from September 2016 on, she would have gotten necessary exposure and consequently the 700 votes she needed to win.  Instead, she got to watch Trump go to the White House without any help from her.  She could have been Attorney General if she had not committed the sin of going against her own party.  She didn’t deserve to win, and she did not win, but it wasn’t because of me.
View Quote
I wasn't talking about McSally by the way.  Rodney Glassman worked for Democrat Raul "La Raza" Grijalva, he was a member of the Tucson City Council as a Democrat and he challenged McCain in 2010 as a Democrat.  Now he's running for our corporation commission as a Republican.  I voted against him in the primary and left a spot blank on my general election ballot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
why are leftists pretending to be all patriotic all of a sudden.
Good question.
Because they know that's what the voters want since President Trump won The Oval Office,  so they try to mimic patriotism.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wasn't talking about McSally by the way.  Rodney Glassman worked for Democrat Raul "La Raza" Grijalva, he was a member of the Tucson City Council as a Democrat and he challenged McCain in 2010 as a Democrat.  Now he's running for our corporation commission as a Republican.  I voted against him in the primary and left a spot blank on my general election ballot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I realized you meant someone else.  I know people who, for instance, didn’t vote for Kelly Ayotte (R).  I don’t blame them for it.  Your example sounds particularly egregious though, so leaving that one blank is not unreasonable at all.  I would still fill it in because I don’t want someone to say to me that I helped the Dems in any way, shape or form.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#38]
SCOTUS. SCOTUS. SCOTUS.

Hold your nose and vote. Find someone better next primary.

Anything else is aiding and abetting Democrats and undermining SCOTUS.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
What does 80 actual hours work out to in “drone years”?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What does 80 actual hours work out to in “drone years”?
View Quote
Not many. I hit 1k MQ-9 hours in my first year.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

<snip>

She spoke to my SOS class several years ago. I've never wanted to hit a woman before, until I heard her speak. She is an insufferable bitch who cares about nobody but herself. Fuck her.
View Quote
Sounds like a plot....
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Stop with the rediculous caps lock shit.
Just stop.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
SCOTUS. SCOTUS. SCOTUS.

Hold your nose and vote. Find someone better next primary.

Anything else is aiding and abetting Democrats and undermining SCOTUS.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/gty_ruth_bader_ginsburg_barack_obama_hug_jc_150120_4x3_992.jpg
View Quote
Yeap. I don't want to see another 50+1 shitfest when Ginsburg keels over and I don't want to see the House of Representatives voting to impeach Trump over and over. Even a shitty Republican will be better than any Democrat. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#44]
We have a "retired" female Air Force pilot running for Ag commisioner in Tx.  She voluntarily retired to avoid court marshal due to contract misappropriation during Iraq reconstruction.  Needless to say she is a Democrat who farms fruits and nuts (fruit, pecans, and vegetables).  Rumor has it she is also a vegetarian in beef country.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I had my chance to vote against McSally when I ticked the bubble for Kelli Ward a few months ago.  This go around, I had to tick the bubble for McSally because communism sucks.
View Quote
This. Just like we did with McStain. The commies are out in full force for Arizona this season. From ‘Vote for Pedro Garcia - and all of your wildest dreams will come true’ to the proposition that would increase our power bill by 75% within five years; the commies are our trying to turn Arizona into California life big time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
So... you're having to back another McMaverick?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Keep bitching and vote for the Dem if you want to lose the Senate and not replace Ginsberg with a conservative.
View Quote
Arizona can't catch a break from the McMavericks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So... you're having to back another McMaverick?
View Quote
I don’t know what the right answer is for our friends in Az.

Vote for the R, and then bitch because they are a R in name only for the next 3 decades I guess.

Maybe McSally will vote well, despite being a selfish bitch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Arizona can't catch a break from the McMavericks.
View Quote
Sure in the hell can't, a big part of the reason is because McCain backed McSally since her 2010 Congressional run and his donors have been showering her campaigns with money.  She had to run three times before getting her House seat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thats nice dear
So I guess you will be cheaking the box for Sinema the commie who marches with LaRaza and laughs about not reading the bills that she signs into law?

Oh your not an Arizona Resident? I see.

Why do people from other states feel the need to shit on a conservatice candidate here and give ammunition to the other side?  Thats really strange someone would do that.  Maybe keeping their trap shut or speaking up during the primaries would be the best course of action.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats nice dear
So I guess you will be cheaking the box for Sinema the commie who marches with LaRaza and laughs about not reading the bills that she signs into law?

Oh your not an Arizona Resident? I see.

Why do people from other states feel the need to shit on a conservatice candidate here and give ammunition to the other side?  Thats really strange someone would do that.  Maybe keeping their trap shut or speaking up during the primaries would be the best course of action.
Do you have ANY evidence that what he is saying is wrong?

In my experience most women in the military are underperformers that got pushed through because they have a vagina.

I assume this to be true about all women in the military until proven otherwise.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top