Quoted:
Yup, they advised him to do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

IIRC, the senior leadership of the NRA made the recommendation.
Yup, they advised him to do it.
Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He was arrested for being a violent dangerous nutbag, prohibited from owning firearms and happened to have a bumpstock too, so it got tacked on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't someone become the first person to be arrested for owning one very recently?  Is this his case?
He was arrested for being a violent dangerous nutbag, prohibited from owning firearms and happened to have a bumpstock too, so it got tacked on.
Oh, thanks, I never read the article.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Can’t stop the signal
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We all knew that and were saying that.  That is why the NRA's strategy of stopping the ban legislation that the Republicans were pushing and kicking it back to the ATF was a great strategy.  No one expected Trump to make it his personal mission to ban bump stocks and order the DOJ to change the definition of machine gun to include them.
View Quote
Uh-uh...

Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
No shit, Chet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So they are legal again?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I found a great new org worthy of some of my hard earned dollars. If anyone else wants to support the nonprofit working on this, see https://nclalegal.org/donate/ they have a comment field where I'll be sure to mention my appreciation of their attention to this matter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We all knew that and were saying that.  That is why the NRA's strategy of stopping the ban legislation that the Republicans were pushing and kicking it back to the ATF was a great strategy.  No one expected Trump to make it his personal mission to ban bump stocks and order the DOJ to change the definition of machine gun to include them.
Uh-uh...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20190920_222501-1097461.jpg
THAT is what SWIRE is telling stories about. His TDS is trying to blame Trump's ego for something his paymasters at the NRA fiercely advocated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump reparashins nao!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Aaaaaand not a damn thing will change.

I wish it would though...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
THAT is what SWIRE is telling stories about. His TDS is trying to blame Trump's ego for something his paymasters at the NRA fiercely advocated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh-uh...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20190920_222501-1097461.jpg
Yes sir. Kind of hard to argue against it when it's in black and white off of the NRA website. They opened the can of worms
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Trump lashes out at anyone that might make him look bad.  The largest mass shooting happened on his watch and he said he made it his personal mission to do something meaningful and not just something that feels good.  It is almost as if Trump blamed the NRA and the gun industry for allowing it to happen and make him look bad.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Come on guys, Wayne LaPierre tried...

Wayne LaPierre reacts to Las Vegas tragedy, bump stock issue
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone find any other coverage?
Any word from NOLO?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#18]
No Authority and No Due Process, but if you don't respect the organized criminals in Washington then you are some kind of sovereign citizen type or criminal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Aaaaaand not a damn thing will change.

I wish it would though...
View Quote
Once given power, the government is loathe to relinquish it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Interesting.  Wonder if they will get their dick bitch slapped.....
View Quote
Fixed it for you.  It is the federal government after all.

Had another adjective.  But I don't want to violate the COC.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So they are legal again?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]
And they didn't have the authority to require Parts Kits barrels be demilled for importation, either, but they did.
Just more Legislating from the bureaucrat's desk.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#23]
So it's like the whole shouldering pistols thing?

The ATF needs to stay in its corner and STFU.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://imgur.com/aBdAs7m
View Quote
LOL.  Beto no comprende.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shoot mine all the time.
View Quote
At the bottom of a lake?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So, when will the ATF reimburse me for the 4,328 bump stocks I owned and had to destroy?
View Quote
Class action lawsuit for restitution.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Doesn't matter. State legislatures across the Country have banned them, so that's that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter. State legislatures across the Country have banned them, so that's that.
View Quote
This.  But FBATF.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some, not ours.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think that's true.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So the ATF said the change was unlawful, now are they gonna keep enforcing the unlawful decision?
View Quote
Of course.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, when will the ATF reimburse me for the 4,328 bump stocks I owned and had to destroy?
can go with your tuna coupons!

may be able to afford a lobster roll in the end
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#36]
where does that leave us?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm at the point where I wish they never existed to begin with...….
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Jesus Christ dude. Fuck it, I'm going to re-up my ARF membership so I can put you back on ignore and not be forced to read your dumbass pro-NRA spin on things.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now how many turned them in or destroyed  ?

Number seems a little light.

Texas company destroys 60,000 bump stocks after Trump ban goes into effect
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait, so you're saying the NRA's strategy was to motivate the Federal government to act in an illegal or tyrannical manner, under the presumption they wouldn't?

Yup, no way the strategy could go sideways...no way.

I don't believe you, I think the NRA took the "Neville Chamberlain" approach to 2nd Amendment policy and it bit them in their ass.

The ATF should (if it exists) enforce the laws congress writes, not write their own.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they are legal again?
Not yet.   The issue is still being litigated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
A great strategy?   Of all the people who could use the excuse "I didn't know" when it comes to how the judiciary feels about machine guns, the NRA is the last organization on this planet to be able to use that excuse.

The best course of action was to do NOTHING.

The judiciary was and still remains a huge coin toss.   It is my opinion that if the courts look at this issue and see "machine gun" then we lose.   If they see executive over reach then we may still lose because of Chevron deference.

Seeing how the various federal courts have responded to the numerous requests for injunctions to stall the implementation of this administrative law change, I would say our chances don't look that great from here.

The only people who think kicking any issue into the judiciary to resolve, especially issues pertaining to machine guns, is a good idea, relative to getting Congress to agree on something, are people who don't understand how our government works.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some, not ours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some, not ours.
Not only that, state & local LE in Idaho are prohibited from enforcing new federal gun control laws/executive orders/agency orders/etc.

(Until they're given a court order to do so. )

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/Title18/T18CH33/SECT18-3315B/

That apparently applies to "a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition."

"No federal executive order, agency order, law, statute, rule or regulation issued, enacted or promulgated on or after the effective date of this act, shall be knowingly and willfully ordered to be enforced by any official, agent or employee of the state or a political subdivision of the state if contrary to the provisions of section 11, article I, of the constitution of the state of Idaho."

An applicable portion of the state constitution:
"No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony."
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
And Floridians say, "Sure.  Right.  Whatever you say."

The NRA gave Rick Scott and RINOs in Florida cover.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Now how many turned them in or destroyed  ?
View Quote
Not many or they would have announced the huge victory in numbers collected.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Explain that to my pile of melted bump stocks.

Over $1k in parts that were legally acquired, destroyed to comply with an illegal, yet NRA supported, rule.

Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox deserve to die of cancer for that joint statement, as do their lackeys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What shooting spree in the US was larger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For anyone who looked at the issue this was clear.

Personally, I think Trump knew this would be the result, but was feeling "in the moment" the need to do something to derail real "common sense" gun control.
Trump lashes out at anyone that might make him look bad.  The largest mass shooting happened on his watch and he said he made it his personal mission to do something meaningful and not just something that feels good.  It is almost as if Trump blamed the NRA and the gun industry for allowing it to happen and make him look bad.  
Largest? Kek.
What shooting spree in the US was larger?
Wounded knee, mayhaps.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Shoot mine all the time.
View Quote
Good.

It’s either a point of no return, or a return.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top