Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 30
Posted: 10/6/2020 4:06:37 PM EDT
Just got this email
Dear Customer:

On August 3rd, 2020, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) issued Q® a formal Cease & Desist letter, notifying us that ATF has taken the position that the Q Honey Badger Pistol is a short-barreled rifle (“SBR”) regulated under the National Firearms Act (“NFA”).  In response, Q has ceased all production of the Honey Badger Pistol, and submitted a comprehensive letter to ATF and the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) stating why we disagree with this classification[1]. Additionally, we have provided recommendations on how to address the firearms already in circulation. Q is seeking solutions that best protect you, the individual, and Q’s distribution network from falling out of compliance with ATF regulations, and federal law.  At this time, Q has not received any definitive guidance from the ATF.

In the meantime, Q encourages possessors of the Honey Badger Pistol to take these proactive measures until a resolution is reached between Q and ATF.

Complete one of the following:

Remove the barreled upper receiver from the lower receiver and dedicate it as a replacement
for another AR-style pistol or registered short-barreled rifle; or

If you do not possess another AR-style pistol or registered short-barreled rifle, remove the barreled upper receiver from the lower receiver and temporarily transfer it out of your possession by, for example, transferring it to the dominion and control of another individual; and

Once the previous step is completed, you may file an ATF Form 1 to register the lower receiver as a short-barreled rifle.  Upon Form 1 approval, the firearm may be reassembled.

Failure to complete option a or option b could result in prosecution and is subject to a $10,000.00 fine and up to 10 years imprisonment.

If you are concerned with this situation - as Q is - we urge you to contact the Department of Justice (ATF’s parent agency) by using the below OneClickPolitics link.

ONECLICK LINK

Additionally, we encourage you to reach out to the White House and ask President Trump to halt and rollback ATF’s efforts to issue arbitrary and capricious decisions affecting millions of legal gun owners.
White House Comment Line:
(202) 456-1111 / Email

Residents from the following states and districts should reach out to their congressional representatives to let them know what they think of ATF’s actions:
Kentucky - Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) - https://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/
(202) 224-2541 / Email

Alabama – Sen. Richard Shelby (R) - Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations and oversees funding of DOJ/ATF. https://www.shelby.senate.gov/public/
(202) 224-5744 / Email

Kansas – Sen. Jerry Moran (R) – Chairman of the Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies (CJS) which is responsible for funding the ATF.
(202) 224-6521 / Email

South Carolina – Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) – Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is responsible for ATF oversight.
(202) 224-5972 / Email

Ohio 4th District - Congressman Jim Jordan (R) – Ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee which has jurisdiction over 2nd amendment issues. https://jordan.house.gov/
(202) 225-2676 / Email

If you are not from one these States, you can find your representative’s contact information here: https://www.contactingcongress.org/

Q takes extreme care to remain in compliance with federal law, and we share your frustration with this development.  We apologize for this situation and want to assure you that we, in conjunction with SB Tactical® and the National Rifle Association (NRA®), are doing everything in our power to resolve this matter amicably for all parties involved.

Regards,

Adam Johnson, CEO

[1] Neither statements by Q, LLC nor the linked Wiley letter constitute legal advice or may be relied upon as stating a legal opinion regarding the proper treatment of the Honey Badger.  Wiley is acting as counsel for Q, LLC in advocating to the ATF that ATF has misapplied the law.  Unless and until it is changed, the ATF’s position is that the Honey Badger Pistol is a short-barreled rifle regulated under the National Firearms Act.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
FATF
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I also thought Kevin was the CEO? What happened there?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
So how is it different than any other AR pistol on the market?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]
How would this apply to just theirs?  Is everyone with a pistol brace now fucked?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Additionally, we encourage you to reach out to the White House and ask President Trump to halt and rollback ATF’s efforts to issue arbitrary and capricious decisions affecting millions of legal gun owners.
White House Comment Line:
(202) 456-1111 / Email

LMAO.

Shirley you can't be serious???
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My guess is the length of pull is over 13 inches. Can anyone verify?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, thats just the beginning I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Government man wants to see your sugar weasel, go on now, show ‘em.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Suck a dick ATF
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow. This is HUGE.  I can't believe this happened and August and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Q needs to get FPC and GOA involved. I would say the NRA, but we all know the NRA would sacrifice  pistol braces for political gain in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#11]
ATF is laying the groundwork for a "pistol brace" ban

No way this makes any legal sense when other braced pistols are allowed, leading me to believe other braced pistols will soon not be allowed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
OST
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Personal thoughts: Fuck the ATF. Fuck .gov. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you measure LOP without a stock?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow. This is HUGE.  I can't believe this happened and August and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Q needs to get FPC and GOA involved. I would say the NRA, but we all know the NRA would sacrifice  pistol braces for political gain in a heartbeat.
View Quote

Hope for a Trump win,so the 12 year assault on our 2nd Amendment ends!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Every day I have to resist Fed posting on this site
Dear ATF: chortle my balls.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No way this makes any legal sense when other braced pistols are allowed, leading me to believe other braced pistols will soon not be allowed.
View Quote

My first thought
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Any owners, especially in FL, need to be contacting Rep Matt Gaetz since it seems like he's the only one in DC that gives a fuck.

Gaetz Calls on ATF to Cease Plans Restricting Arm Brace Usage

“But now, what we find, is that the ATF is making it very difficult for people to have arm braces. They’re changing standards and changing rules.” Gaetz continues: “And I am particularly frustrated when our government, at the administrative and executive level, goes beyond their grant of authority in our Constitution and in our Federal Statutes. Nothing gives anyone at ATF the ability to constrain the use of arm braces.”

“So the breaking news is this – I’ll be sending a letter to the Department of Justice, asking for a review of the decisions made by ATF and asking that ATF stop, in this crazy effort to limit access to arm braces for people who seek to have them.”
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]
This is just the tip of this massive iceberg. In the near future they will be coming hard and fast for the brace/pistol crowd with a vengeance.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
How much of this is the ATF trying to turn people against Trump?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is my guess as well.   Nothing else about it is unusual.

Even the 13” LOP “limit” hasn’t been expressly stipulated, so this should shake that out?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]
But those congressmen wrote a strongly worded letter to the ATF telling them to knock it off?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Sucks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#28]
This back and forth bullshit just makes me care less and less about gun laws
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Surely they provided some reasoning for the decision?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I think at this point a solid argument can be made that SBR and SBS laws are stupid and pointless. Pistol braces and "firearms" that are 14" barreled shotguns have been around and very popular for about eight years now and there has not been any adverse effects through their use in regards to violent crime. The NFA is a tax scheme and a violation of the 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm assuming this is the AR pistol that the one US Rep kept demanding the ATF stop perusing a ban on.  He wrote 2 letters demanding the ATF stop but never named the model that he was referring to.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is just the tip of this massive iceberg. In the near future they will be coming hard and fast for the brace/pistol crowd with a vengeance.
View Quote

Unlike the USAS12 and Street Sweeper, an awful lot of people have bought and use braces.

Meh, with Chinese security cameras and social credit score systems in place it probably won't be too hard. "Surrender your brace or no car loan for you."
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is my guess as well.   Nothing else about it is unusual.

Even the 13” LOP “limit” hasn’t been expressly stipulated, so this should shake that out?
View Quote

The ATF can make interpretations of law and enforce their interpretations with criminal charges and confiscation of property at will. They can even change interpretations they have previously put in writing to manufacturers. Basically they can do whatever they want and are not subject to any oversight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
@-Time-
Quoted:
I also thought Kevin was the CEO? What happened there?
View Quote

KB stepped down as CEO a while ago saying he's just not interested in running ops and expanding. He still owns the company but is "Chief of Innovation" and runs marketing as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Novekse also sells pistols with the same brace.

The length of pull is my guess as well. Does anyone own one of these lowers that can measure?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

So will everyone be very angry? Or will they get thrown under the bus like "Muh Bumpstock"?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

My thoughts as well.

I'm no lawyer but the letter linked in the OP doesn't give any specifics other than it's a firearm with a rifled barrel of less than 16" and designed to be fired from the shoulder.

FATF
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Lol
Those retards arent regulating Molotov cocktails used by domestic terrorists.

Who cares what they think at this point.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Surely they provided some reasoning for the decision?
View Quote

It will be on the intended use of the brace.  Is it even possible for someone to get their arm into it?  Didn't really look like it.  Plus if someone did would the slide rails actually hold it steady or would they twist?  If I had to guess it would the ATF claims those two things show it was never intended to be used as a brace and is a collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ding dong Fun Police
View Quote

Geto Boyz - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#42]
The ATF has trouble with the telescoping pistol brace. All people have the same length arms according to the government
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So will everyone be very angry? Or will they get thrown under the bus like "Muh Bumpstock"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So many people own braces.  It doesn't sound good, though.  Is the coalition working on this?

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Government Magic:

Poof! We have just created thousands more felons for our dogs to prosecute.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ding dong Fun Police
View Quote

"You'll have to come back later,I'm doing the dishes!"
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So many people own braces.  It doesn't sound good, though.  Is the coalition working on this?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,probably more than the 500K that had,had Bumpstocks.

@djtjr He's probably already gathered the 2nd Amendment Coalition to fight this,so probably wont have time to keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The ATF has trouble with the telescoping pistol brace. All people have the same length arms according to the government
View Quote

The HB brace has two positions, closed and open.

It's probably not usable when opened.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Never said it on here before.

But

FATF.  Which assholes come up with this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top