Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only reason why handguns were removed from the NFA was the Federal Government at the time thought it might be hard to enforce.
View Quote

I would not be surprised if there are more braced pistols in civilian hands today than there were handguns when the NFA was passed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Trying to goad people into potentially admitting criminal intent is a dick move, and should be a bannable offense.

View Quote

It's what they do.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would not be surprised if there are more braced pistols in civilian hands today than there were handguns when the NFA was passed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only reason why handguns were removed from the NFA was the Federal Government at the time thought it might be hard to enforce.

I’m not sure if we are at the point where more than a small fraction of a percent of gun owners will be non compliant.. and I’m not sure if we will ever be there short of an economic collapse. Richmond Virginia should have burned to the ground when 7 of the 8 gun control bills passed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I highly doubt that. Self contained cartridge firing handguns starting with the Colt 1862 and everything afterwards up to the enactment of the NFA was 61 years. A shit ton of handguns were made and that's not counting all the cap 'n balls and conversions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I highly doubt that. Self contained cartridge firing handguns starting with the Colt 1862 and everything afterwards up to the enactment of the NFA was 61 years. A shit ton of handguns were made and that's not counting all the cap 'n balls and conversions.

I agree. Although let’s keep in mind in 1890 for example the US population was 60 million. In 2020 there are an estimated 100 million gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In 1890, a larger percentage of the people outright owned guns versus now that a smaller percentage own a shit ton of guns. Back then, it was common for many families to have a family scattergun leaning against the kitchen door. Sure, they didn't have seventeen rifles and eighty seven handguns. But percentage wise, more people in 1890 own guns. In 2020, it is far more common for a smaller percentage of the population to own a battery of guns.

In my social circles. We all own multiple times what someone in 1890 would own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. Although let's keep in mind in 1890 for example the US population was 60 million. In 2020 there are an estimated 100 million gun owners.
In 1890, a larger percentage of the people outright owned guns versus now that a smaller percentage own a shit ton of guns. Back then, it was common for many families to have a family scattergun leaning against the kitchen door. Sure, they didn't have seventeen rifles and eighty seven handguns. But percentage wise, more people in 1890 own guns. In 2020, it is far more common for a smaller percentage of the population to own a battery of guns.

In my social circles. We all own multiple times what someone in 1890 would own.

Oh I agree. I’m just saying..  100 million gun owners compared to 60million total US pop. It is possible that there are more braced pistols in the wild than there were handguns in 1890. I do doubt it, but it’s possible.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Trying to goad people into potentially admitting criminal intent is a dick move, and should be a bannable offense.

View Quote

The funny thing is I don't even own a brace yet. Have been thinking about the 20-20 Recovery Tactical brace and following it very closely.

The Jr ATF man needs to try harder.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The funny thing is I don't even own a brace yet. Have been thinking about the 20-20 Recovery Tactical brace and following very closely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The funny thing is I don't even own a brace yet. Have been thinking about the 20-20 Recovery Tactical brace and following very closely.

My first brace came in the mail yesterday (shockwave 2.0 m). I’ve got an sbr, just wanted something I can travel with Easier and cheaper to keep above the closet.   Rainy weekend so I’ll assemble the lower today likely.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My first brace came in the mail yesterday (shockwave 2.0 m). I’ve got an sbr, just wanted something I can travel with Easier and cheaper to keep above the closet.   Rainy weekend so I’ll assemble the lower today likely.
View Quote

Don't worry your brace is safe, we have that defender of the 2nd amendment in-office Donald J Trump, and his closest 2nd amendment advisor Don Jr. Don't you feel safe?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't worry your brace is safe, we have that defender of the 2nd amendment in-office Donald J Trump, and his closest 2nd amendment advisor Don Jr. Don't you feel safe?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I’m sure they will likely be banned. For sure during trumps second term.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Braces are just range toys anyway. We needed to appease the gun grabbers with something.
View Quote

At what point will the apologist get upset, and place blame where it belongs? Just curious what you think?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Braces are just range toys anyway. We needed to appease the gun grabbers with something.
View Quote

Life’s a compromise.

ETA: for conservatives and the BOR anyways
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

At what point will the apologist get upset, and place blame where it belongs? Just curious what you think?
View Quote

Probably right after the last single shot featureless 22lr is banned.  

bUt MuH rEpUbLiCaNs!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can read the original NFA hearings HERE, you know:

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first brace came in the mail yesterday (shockwave 2.0 m). I've got an sbr, just wanted something I can travel with Easier and cheaper to keep above the closet.   Rainy weekend so I'll assemble the lower today likely.

TIL, the origin of that laughing meme  (TIME 2:52):

Idi Amin gives away his plans to invade Israel.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Life’s a compromise.

ETA: for conservatives and the BOR anyways
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

TIL, the origin of that laughing meme  (TIME 2:52):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPMSCcpb40
View Quote

Thanks, never saw before.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’m not sure if we are at the point where more than a small fraction of a percent of gun owners will be non compliant.. and I’m not sure if we will ever be there short of an economic collapse. Richmond Virginia should have burned to the ground when 7 of the 8 gun control bills passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#25]
If everyone itt would contact the whitehouse and make this an issue, maybe we could get Trumps attention.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Do it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If everyone itt would contact the whitehouse and make this an issue, maybe we could get Trumps attention.

Do it.

View Quote

Maybe you guys can catch him in between tweets.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe you guys can catch him in between tweets.
View Quote

I don't mind him tweeting, I do mind him hiring shitty people like wRay, Rosenstein, Rex Tillerson, mcmaster, mooch
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Contact the whitehouse .

Do it.

Stop fucking crying about this or that and fire off a few words.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#31]

@ me when we’re past negotiating what citizens are allowed to keep owning, and we’re at the point where we gain ground back on the 2nd.  

Hearing about how people are considering if we should hit the breaks before we go off a cliff isn’t exactly my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Black powder cartridges though.

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"The White House and leadership at the Department of Justice are reviewing this matter to ensure there is no interference with the ability of law-abiding citizensincluding lawful firearms manufacturersto exercise their constitutionally guaranteed liberties."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"The White House and leadership at the Department of Justice are reviewing this matter to ensure there is no interference with the ability of law-abiding citizensincluding lawful firearms manufacturersto exercise their constitutionally guaranteed liberties."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/5211272A-5D5D-4B0E-AA97-08EE3E5A71F1_jpe-1630093.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#37]
As America moved from being isolated and rural to urban and suburban and as the population consists of a mainly public school indoctrinated citizenry...less people own more firearms.

As long as badger is the theme time for them to bring out a Wolverine...or a Wild Weasel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As long as badger is the theme time for them to bring out a Wolverine...or a Wild Weasel.
View Quote

They already have the Sugar Weasel. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between it and the Honey Badger though
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I know this has turned into a n_t thread but have any of you thought that the timing was suspect on this announcement?

I know you will all blame Trump no matter what and discourage people from voting for him so your boy Joe has a better shot. To me the timing is suspect, like Obama appointees or other leftist bureaucrats timed this for election time. I’m sure the talking points were already typed up and ready to go.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I know this has turned into a n_t thread but have any of you thought that the timing was suspect on this announcement?

I know you will all blame Trump no matter what and discourage people from voting for him so your boy Joe has a better shot. To me the timing is suspect, like Obama appointees or other leftist bureaucrats timed this for election time. I’m sure the talking points were already typed up and ready to go.

View Quote

So you are saying it is not his fault because he is too incompetent to handle his own agencies.
I don’t like the idea that incompetence is a reason to support someone.

Maybe you would like to look at his previous pick to head the ATF and his previous actions with the ATF and revise your thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Did someone say something? I thought I heard a ‘rat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Did someone say something? I thought I heard a ‘rat.
View Quote

Oh look the poster can’t handle debate and has to resort to name calling.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Once again, as I said on page 15 and again on page 26...

Trump has had 3 years to clean house at ATF and the opportunity to appoint a pro-2A ATF Director and pro-2A AG. What did we get?

Zero ATF deep state house cleaning, an anti-gun Director nominee who was such poison that Republicans said they wouldn't vote for him lest it hurt their record and his name had to be withdrawn, and an AG that defends the snipers at Ruby Ridge.

If this hurts Trump, there's no one but Trump to blame...

Attachment Attached File

Sorry this is Trump's tar baby...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Is it normal for a field office to make this kind of determination? I wonder if they consulted the tech branch? Seems odd to me
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#45]
... vote straight Republican
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Lets play Wheel of GD Deflection! Will you land on 'Join Date', 'Post Count', 'Sorry Your Girl Lost', or 'Troll'??? Time to find out!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lets play Wheel of GD Deflection! Will you land on 'Join Date', 'Post Count', 'Sorry Your Girl Lost', or 'Troll'??? Time to find out!
View Quote

I can get the boot licker bingo card out if you want...  

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm sickitated at the very thought of voting.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Once again, as I said on page 15 and again on page 26...

Sorry this is Trump's tar baby...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/the_buck_stops_here_oval_office_jpg-1628344.JPG
View Quote

Well - you know what they used to say.

To Err is Truman.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

False Flag in 3... 2... 1...
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top