BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How many Californians do you think have moved to Arizona in the last ten years? If your so called Arizona “natives” got off their asses and voted “Californians” would not have a noticeable impact on Election Day in Arizona.
View Quote

In the last 10 years, liberal turds have been coming from all points... with still a huge, CONSTANT number from Cali.... and it seems to be growing again. A realtor in Pinal County  (far SE valley) recently told me about half the out-of-state buyers she's seen in the recent past are from Cali.
To add to this:
One of the newer problems is the "snowbirds" from upper midwest such as Minnesota, Michigan and Illinois are now parking their butts here fulltime. The recession that hit in 2007 and lingered forced many to give up the "main house" and come here permanently. Having had family that has done just this, I'm now visiting these mega-size retirement areas often... and astonished at the fact they are ultra liberals and bringing it with them as well. They worked there comfortable, union job all there life, and here they come. I have met a few Fudd's in the crowd... generally from Michigan, but they haven't seen a gun control law they didn't like.
They're a problem just like a majority of the Cali crowd.

NO doubt that long term residents need to get OFF their asses and vote, and it pisses me off at the extreme laziness of most conservative voters here. Years ago I had to SHAME a bunch of long term conservative residents that I know into attending meetings that involved USFS & BLM shutting down huge areas to shooting... that they themselves shot on!... so they are guilty as well .. but that isn't what this particular conversation is about. Someone is defending the Cali crowd saying the vast majority are gun loving conservatives escaping the tyranny.... I and others that have been here a long time know better and are correcting it. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Flagstaff is different in many ways.  Mostly, it's a liberal college town.  Those leftist students - thousands of them - come from all over the Country, including Arizona.  Prescott is not a liberal college town.  Yavapai County is one of the reddest, if not THE reddest, in AZ.  The County Supes just voted 5-0 to make Yavapai County a Second Amendment Sanctuary County.

I don't argue your point about the potential effects of Californication.  Yet, how can you explain the citizens of AZ electing leftists like Bruce Babbitt and Janet Napoliltano, long before the Cali invasion began?  AZ has been purple for decades.  Any state with large hispanic and native American populations is going to go blue from time to time.  Some people don't think demographics be like it is but it do.
View Quote

I never said Prescott turned... I said talk to native of the area and ask what they think of the Cali influx and the politics they try to bring... You are right that it IS SUPER conservative... I lived in 6 counties in this state,  and I would bet it and Mojave are both some of the most conservative counties in the country... but that is DISPITE the cali crowd.
THANK God that they have fought all the outside influence. Mojave has an easier road with it, because that doesn't attract transplants with money near as much as Yavapai & Coconino.

Flag is a university town and has the uber liberalism that goes with it as far as students and staff. But when I was there in the early 90's, and saw the expansion of housing... even being part of it with bringing in phone lines... it was in a large part for the early exodus Cali people taking their profits and coming here.
I use to buy GUNS at a Long Drugstore that was in a strip mall, about where Bookman's is now..... walked in one day and they were clearancing them... getting rid of the cool little hunting area in the store. Asked the manager "whats up with this crap?" Said that they were getting to many complaints from new residents... they were "offended" that guns are available in a drug store.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I never said Prescott turned... I said talk to native of the area and ask what they think of the Cali influx and their politics they brought... You are right that it IS SUPER conservative... I lived in 6 counties in this state,  and I would bet it and Mojave are both some of the most conservative counties in the country... but that is DISPITE the cali crowd.
THANK God that they have fought all the outside influence. Mojave has an easier road with it, because that doesn't attract transplants with money near as much as Yavapai & Coconino.

Flag is a university town and has the uber liberalism that goes with it as far as students and staff. But when I was there in the early 90's, and saw the expansion of housing... even being part of it with bringing in phone lines... it was in a large part for the early exodus Cali people taking their profits and coming here.
I use to buy GUNS at a Long Drugstore that was in a strip mall, about where Bookman's is now..... walked in one day and they were clearancing them... getting rid of the cool little hunting area in the store. Asked the manager "whats up with this crap?" Said that they were getting to many complaints from new residents... they were "offended" that guns are available in a drug store.
View Quote

I do not disagree, but my point still stands - AZ was electing leftists like Babbitt long before the cali crowd came.  Is it more purple now?  Possibly.  But it's never been solid red in modern history.  After all, it began electing McCain back in the Pleistocene Era.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Arizona has had governors like Janet Napolitano and senators like Dennis Deconcinni for years and years.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I do not disagree, but my point still stands - AZ was electing leftists like Babbitt long before the cali crowd came.  Is it more purple now?  Possibly.  But it's never been solid red in modern history.  After all, it began electing McCain back in the Pleistocene Era.
View Quote

No doubt we have some of the most contentious political history around. Hell, look back to when they tried to gain statehood in the late 1800's.... DC said "you guys out their are all F'ed up... square yourself away before we'll even consider statehood." It took until 1912

Remember Meacham?... how about Symington?....  Even our "Republican's" seem to not fare so well

No doubt politics in this state are about as screwed up as possible. It's only going to get worse, if thats possible. I'm going on 4 decades here, and Wyoming is looking good these days.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No doubt we have some of the most contentious political history around. Hell, look back to when they tried to gain statehood in the late 1800's.... DC said "you guys out their are all F'ed up... square yourself away before we'll even consider statehood." It took until 1912

Remember Meacham?... how about Symington?....  Even our "Republican's" seem to not fare so well

No doubt politics in this state are about as screwed up as possible. I'm going on 4 decades here, and Wyoming is looking good these days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt politics in this state are about as screwed up as possible. I'm going on 4 decades here, and Wyoming is looking good these days.

Ev was awesome. He was as crazy as a rat in a coffee can, but still awesome.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ev was awesome. He was as crazy as a rat in a coffee can, but still awesome.
View Quote

Remember the "Picaninny" remark

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Word is Ducey may challenge Sinema.  Ducey isn't perfect, but he is pretty likable.
View Quote

Seriously?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Most of the liberals I meet in AZ are from Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does she dress like a stripper? There's your answer.

Kharn
View Quote

At least she doesn’t blow her boss like Cameltoe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And the dems don't like her that much because she has free will to think for herself. She apparently goes against the grain and has in the past. I read something a long time ago that the Dems were going suppress her voice.  
View Quote

You got played for a sucker.  That's all bullshit and is the line being fed to AZ by the Democrats so dumbshits will fall for her "independent like Arizona" schtick, which is the same ploy the tardonaut's handlers are using on the weak-minded this time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How could you forget the one that everyone loves to hate, yet obsesses about?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a7fc4473ec6da3a54dad97d5dda00cca/tenor.gif?itemid=13722914
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of, Sinema is the only remotely attractive Democrat at the national level.

How could you forget the one that everyone loves to hate, yet obsesses about?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a7fc4473ec6da3a54dad97d5dda00cca/tenor.gif?itemid=13722914

Maybe because she's not attractive? I swear those of you who think AOC is hot haven't gotten a BJ from your frigid wife in 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#13]
If AZ ends up with 2 x Democrats in the Senate in this short period of time, idunbilivit.jpg
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

I seem to recall reading Senator Stripper had her ultra lefty past covered up during her campaign yet ended up voting the most right out of all her evil associates. Can someone confirm or deny this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
She's a weak candidate. She's been defeated already before, not sure why they would run her again.
View Quote

The GOP here in GA is running a woman for congress who's lost 3 elections in the past including one to the incumbent last time around.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#17]
She's an unlikeable RINO. Seems to be the norm for AZ.

For as conservative as Arizonans I meet are they sure pick some shitty Republicans to represent them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#18]
The fix is in for the astronaut and wife, all the money they invest countrywide is going to be used to flip the senate seat by seat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

out of the 6 neighbors in my cul-de-sac that all came from CA, zero of them are conservatives. 3 of them remind us every time we see them of how they did things differently in CA and how we (AZ) need to do it the way they did.

I don't know where you get the most of them BS, I'm yet to meet a single conservative that moved here from CA.
View Quote

Here I am.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Hope she doesn't lose to the "world's shortest astronaut".

Maybe Trump can drag her butt across the finish line.  We really need to win that seat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
S
Sorry, but the links you provided don't support what you've said in your post.  

She was asked whether SHE would ask a foreign country to "dig up dirt" on an opponent.  That's hardly an unbiased question, and has no relevance to the way she would vote on impeachment (she voted "no" btw.)

I couldn't care less if you don't understand the issue, but at least you could post links that support your own thesis.  That's sort of a minimum, even in GD.
View Quote

You can think what you want. She was a Congressman in my previous district and all she did is duck questions. I called her office before the impeachment and they just kept saying she has not released a statement or stance on the matter. If you want a perfect example of how she ducks questions, take a look at the video starting at about 6:30. She is a rhino swamp monster who is scared to take a conservative stance on anything. She is going to lose this upcoming race and then get some meaningless job where she will do anything to stay in the news. The last election, Ducey won overwhelmingly against a liberal, but McSally lost overwhelmingly to a liberal. She is a horrible candidate and is only in the Senate because she was appointed

Sen. Martha McSally on calling CNN reporter 'a liberal hack'
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If AZ ends up with 2 x Democrats in the Senate in this short period of time, idunbilivit.jpg
View Quote

you can thank that senile old asshole joe arpaio for it if it happens. Kelli Ward would have curb stomped sinema in the general if arpaio's ego hadn't split the conservative vote and let loser mcsally win the primary
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The fix is in for the chinese astronaut and wife, all the money they invest countrywide is going to be used to flip the senate seat by seat.
View Quote

FIFY, he's owned lock, stock and barrel by the chicoms
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Californians saying we need to be more like CA?
My response would be to ask if CA was so perfect then why are they here?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I seem to recall reading Senator Stripper had her ultra lefty past covered up during her campaign yet ended up voting the most right out of all her evil associates. Can someone confirm or deny this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

She seems to fly under the radar and was censured by her party for not voting 100% along D party lines. If Ducey runs against her, he will lose.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did you know she was a badass female fighter pilot?  She likes to talk about it... A LOT.

View Quote

Imagine if she was Vegan too...
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
She flew Warthogs in close air support in the sandbox...  Mr. MudEagle, how many combat missions have you flown??
View Quote

EDIT: Pulled out my logbook and had to correct the data.  Thanks @screechjet1.

244 combat missions.

A total of 1210.3 combat hours.

What's your total, @HS2?

Regardless, that's totally irrelevant to the level of airmanship skill and quality of leadership in her military record, which is what I was commenting on, and which she likes to rely on as some sort of bonafides as an elected representative.

If she's going to use it, then it is open to inspection and critique.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Most of the liberals I meet in AZ are from Minnesota and Wisconsin.
View Quote

Most of the liberals I meet in Arizona are from Arizona college campuses
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top