Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Possible scenario,
Showed up there to take care of business against one individual. Old guys witnessed incident, where CCW and decided to engage SF guy. He instinctively shot guys trying to shoot him. Teens got caught in exchange of fire. Seems plausible from only gathering data in this thread and know shit else about the incident.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I dont think I'm trying to get into a gunfight with a Green Beret
View Quote

Didn't think that response through very well, did ya?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wanna bet he is a flu bro and some doomer fuck started in on him about a mask and he just fucking snapped?
View Quote

He’s probably more disciplined than that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mine would be if they were BLM. We all know
BLM is a terrorist org. You defending them bro? They deserve to get put down like dogs. In case you have a case of ADHD, they beat old people,  burn business, shoot cops. They are proud to be know as Marxists.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sure the tone of the comments would be much different if shooter was BLM or a COP. Im sure they get stressed and sleepy as well...

Mine would be if they were BLM. We all know
BLM is a terrorist org. You defending them bro? They deserve to get put down like dogs. In case you have a case of ADHD, they beat old people,  burn business, shoot cops. They are proud to be know as Marxists.

It looks like your defending this terrorist.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  I'm curious if this guy was going downhill mentally prior to this.

What a freaking shame.  RIP to the victims who died and hope that kid is able to survive.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I imagine an SF guy who isn't right in the head. Home on leave for the holidays, doesn't have anything to do except get wasted at a random local bar. Drunk, angry, aggressive, confrontational. As much as you'd assume he's drilled CQB, the whole thing might have been a 15 second loss of control. I don't think it's super spooky stuff, and I don't absolve him of blame for his actions and choices that led to that moment. But you have to figure if he really wanted to intentionally kill soft targets, he'd have done a lot more killing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#7]
CNN facebook post about this is chock full of comments about him being alive because he’s white.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It looks like your defending this terrorist.
View Quote

Looks like you have convicted the guy and are calling him a terrorist based solely off some shoddy media report.

If he truly did walk in and start blasting, then yes he is a dirk bag.  But we don't know anything at this point, and like others have suggested, there must be something more to the story...
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The blood and urine will be interesting.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks like you have convicted the guy and are calling him a terrorist based solely off some shoddy media report.

If he truly did walk in and start blasting, then yes he is a dirk bag.  But we don't know anything at this point, and like others have suggested, there must be something more to the story...
View Quote

I wonder what scenario justifies  shooting a 14 year old boy a 16 year old girl and killing 3 elderly men aged 74, 65 and 69?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Drugs.  Not the first, won’t be the last.

We had an 18D on leave, pull his Glock on a security guard, while running around the city in his boxers a while ago.  Thankfully, in his zonked out on coke mind, he dropped his mag a few blocks back and apparently didn’t keep one in the pipe.  Feds went after his ass with a vengeance.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Usually an obituary is a couple days after the death. If the obit calls a person a murderer or a suicide. And the poet is wrong that would be libel and potentially sue worthy, but so in my understanding they leave it out until cops formally say “yep this was a murder suicide”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know an active duty sf warrent officer that interestingly was also an 18F get prison time for making CP with his own kid.  It took me a while to process that one...  weird sbit happens.

A few years ago, a former SF guy murdered the commander of the Air Force Pararescue selection course after failing out.

Found his obituary. They left out the murder / suicide part.

Usually an obituary is a couple days after the death. If the obit calls a person a murderer or a suicide. And the poet is wrong that would be libel and potentially sue worthy, but so in my understanding they leave it out until cops formally say “yep this was a murder suicide”.

Generally, your family writes your obit and sends it to the paper.

So unless the family wanted to include the murder/suicide part, it would be left out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wanna bet he is a flu bro and some doomer fuck started in on him about a mask and he just fucking snapped?

There was a green beret CIA contractor a few years back who shot someone over a parking spot dispute. Hell there have actually been quite a few similar ones.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
An active member of the US Army has been charged with murder after three men were shot dead and three more people were injured in a 'random attack' at bowling alley in Illinois.

Green Beret Duke Webb, 37, from Florida, was on Sunday charged with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder.

The shooting happened just before 7pm on Saturday at Don Carter Lanes in the city of Rockford about 90 minutes northwest of Chicago.

Three men, aged 73, 65 and 69, were killed. They have not been named.

A 14-year-old boy was shot in the face; his condition is described as stable. A 16-year-old girl was shot in the shoulder and released from hospital.  

The sixth victim, a 62-year-old man, remains in a critical condition after he was shot multiple times, The Chicago Tribune reports.

It is not known why Webb was in Rockford and Police Chief Dan O'Shea said Sunday: 'We believe this was a completely random act, and there is no prior meeting or any kind of relationship between the suspect and any of the victims in this case.'

According to a statement from the Army Webb is assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), based at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.

He was on leave at the time of the shooting.

Police say around 6.55pm on Saturday, they received a call that someone had opened fire in an outdoor bar area of the bowling alley according to a police press conference given in the hours after the shooting.

When police arrived, they found multiple victims and the person of interest. Two handguns were also found at the scene.  

The bowling alley was closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. The bar, Shooters Bar & Grill, has remained open for outside drinking and takeout. Around 20 to 25 people had been at the establishment when the shooting broke out Saturday.

O'Shea said: 'The two teenage victims were picking up food. It's a carryout establishment as well. They were not in the bar area.'

Mayor Tom McNamara said in a statement he was 'angered and saddened'.

He added: 'My thoughts are with the families of those who lost loved ones. I'm also thinking of those who were injured and my hopes are with them for a quick and full recovery.'

Webb is being held without bond. He will make his first appearance in court Monday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9090805/Active-Army-soldier-charged-murder-Illinois-bowling-alley-shooting.html

No motive listed, pretty weird situation but it s still 2020.
View Quote

Since they’re saying no prior association between the individuals, my guess is that the dude was drunk or high, old dudes said something he didn’t like so he shot them. Considering there were two pistols, one could have been one of the old dudes’ or just a backup from an ankle holster.  

The kids probably just caught stray rounds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There was a green beret CIA contractor a few years back who shot someone over a parking spot dispute. Hell there have actually been quite a few similar ones.
View Quote

I stand corrected, and thinking about it more now. I’ve had two soldiers just snap back in the 90’s over minor things. One who got tired of humping the sincgars and another because a rental moped wouldn’t start.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm going with not random.
View Quote

^
Makes you wonder what happened at the bowling alley.  I have a hard time beliveing, he randomly showed up, walked in, and started shooting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

^
Makes you wonder what happened at the bowling alley.  I have a hard time beliveing, he randomly showed up, walked in, and started shooting.
View Quote

It may be as simple as he stopped by to pick up his to go order of food, and some teens tried to jack the wrong dude.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I stand corrected, and thinking about it more now. I’ve had toe soldiers just snap back in the 90’s over minor things. One who got tired of humping the sincgars and another because a rental moped wouldn’t start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand corrected, and thinking about it more now. I’ve had toe soldiers just snap back in the 90’s over minor things. One who got tired of humping the sincgars and another because a rental moped wouldn’t start.

There was a green beret in pakistan who shot a kid or two on a moped while driving down some third world street, back some years. They were probably chasing him with an AK or something though. I can see it being difficult to go in between those realities. A lot of those guys did/do contracting work. I got into the truck with one one time and he had two ARs ready to go within his reach. I looked at them and looked at him, and he said something about me being a soft target. Fuck, I guess so.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
shoulda marked it zero
View Quote

calmer than you dude
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The victims where mostly elderly, really strange
View Quote

There's a lot of hate out there for boomers...heck right here for that matter...
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If someone starts shooting random people around me I'm shooting back regardless of what color their hat is. Nobody is bulletproof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone starts shooting random people around me I'm shooting back regardless of what color their hat is. Nobody is bulletproof.

Bingo
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've told friends of mine a hundred times.  Things like this can happen anywhere you go.   Always carry.

I’m not going to try to get in a gunfight with anyone, but I’d rather die in a gunfight than be executed unarmed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The kid that was shot in the face is black and at least one of the dead is black. I read an article on Heavy that mentioned two guns.
View Quote

Careful now, your bias is unintentionally showing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And to piss away a career like he had to shoot a few people in a bowling alley bar makes no sense. If he wanted to do some damage he had the means to do so on a large scale. I originally thought it was gang related before seeing the shooter. Rockford is super dangerous. Then I thought “ok, active green beret just trying to defend against a mugging or something “. But the age of victims throws that out the window along with some witness statements against him. It is a strange event. I despise active shooter or gun related attacks because politicians and media use it to fuel their fire against all of us law abiding gun owners any chance they get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just for the sake of educating folks about the 18 series profession, here is how you get to be a 18F.  You start out getting another 18 series MOS like 18B, 18C, and so on.  It's only after you have been around a while and generally get to E-7 that you are sent off to the 18F course at Fort Bragg which is all intel stuff there isn't any weapons or demo shit involved, just secret squirrel stuff.  In order to make it to E-8 you have to become 18F qualified. Then eventually you move up to 18Z50 which is your team OP SGT or company SGM MOS.

If he is an 18F that means he has been around a while on teams and likely deployed where ever the 7th is working these days.

I started out as an 18B and several years later went to the O&I course. Of course the way they deal with it now may be different than when I was in.

And to piss away a career like he had to shoot a few people in a bowling alley bar makes no sense. If he wanted to do some damage he had the means to do so on a large scale. I originally thought it was gang related before seeing the shooter. Rockford is super dangerous. Then I thought “ok, active green beret just trying to defend against a mugging or something “. But the age of victims throws that out the window along with some witness statements against him. It is a strange event. I despise active shooter or gun related attacks because politicians and media use it to fuel their fire against all of us law abiding gun owners any chance they get.

Yea I know nothing but when I heard shot 14 y/o I was thinking drugs, drug dealing, meet gone wrong.  

Of course it waas wild conjecture.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not being coy, y'all got the internet too.

Do you want me to read you a story?

Here, for the moderately lazy (most of the modern population).

Special Forces Assistant Ops & Intelligence Sgt. MOS 18F

MOS 18F—Special Forces Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look up what an 18F is.

Why so coy about it?

Not being coy, y'all got the internet too.

Do you want me to read you a story?

Here, for the moderately lazy (most of the modern population).

Special Forces Assistant Ops & Intelligence Sgt. MOS 18F

MOS 18F—Special Forces Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant

Lazy?  What does that say about you for not just posting a simple link in the first place?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There was a green beret in pakistan who shot a kid or two on a moped while driving down some third world street, back some years. They were probably chasing him with an AK or something though. I can see it being difficult to go in between those realities. A lot of those guys did/do contracting work. I got into the truck with one one time and he had two ARs ready to go within his reach. I looked at them and looked at him, and he said something about me being a soft target. Fuck, I guess so.
View Quote

Side note, in this incident one of the two kids shot at the CIA security contractor (former green beret) with a torkarov pistol, missed and and he shot back killing both the armed teenage assassin and the moped/scooter driver. Motorcycle and motor scooter assassination teams are actually quite common in Pakistan and and India.  It might take awhile to mentally switch gears from hyper vigilance to armed awareness, but I'm going with drugs and, need more info on this one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is very unusual.

7th Groups forte is living like a rock star with hot ladies in south and Central America based on the US dollar,
And having various incidents like this swept under the rug OCONUS.

Some field grade is not going to be dropping op fund bribes and handing GPS and other cool shit to some Departamento Policia jefe to make this shit go away.
View Quote

Right. You are fucking clueless.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Green Berets are human too.  2020 has mentally fucked up a lot of people and this guy might have had the means to act out his rage.  Ft Hood soldiers do all kinds of heinous shit around here so I don't immediately assume service members are always upstanding citizens.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck what he is in Army terms. He's a piece of shit and deserves the needle.
View Quote

guilty till proven innocent....nice to see our men in uniform think so lowly of the constitution.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Green Berets are human too.  2020 has mentally fucked up a lot of people and this guy might have had the means to act out his rage.  Ft Hood soldiers do all kinds of heinous shit around here so I don't immediately assume service members are always upstanding citizens.
View Quote

Every part of the military has its shitbags. Plenty of guys had tabs revoked. Fortunatly it is less in the SOF community.

I would love to hear the complete facts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#31]
He was in the process of having his mind indoctrinated for a government hit and he went off to soon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CNN facebook post about this is chock full of comments about him being alive because he’s white.
View Quote

Insane people with keyboards individual insanity is bad enough but group insanity...whoa...like Planet of the Apes when they spot a rogue human.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#33]
He was the only one to give a shit about the rules.

Now I need to read the thread to see how many times I got beat.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

So disciplined he shot six people (including two kids) at a bar/restaurant.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yup, best to interrogate active shooters that are killing random people before engaging them.
View Quote
That's the job of the on-the-scene social worker, isn't it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
WTF. I saw info about this shooting last night and was like that's weird the shooter is my age. I just assumed it was some local who was drunk and got into a bar type fight. Really fucking weird.
View Quote
Do you have any idea of how many people your age are walking around?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Let us not forget and lose sight of the real monsters- the tiktard nurses and their dancing.
View Quote

That goes without saying
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So disciplined he shot six people (including two kids) at a bar/restaurant.
View Quote

Is that a fact?  I'm not defending him, but two handguns suggest a two-way fight.  How do you know it was the .mil guy who shot the kids and if it was him, they could have simply been in the crossfire?  Too early to make definitive statements, but I doubt we'll ever hear the real truth about this incident.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

This would get a thumbs up from me if it had it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Shot 6 people, all of which were elderly or children.

Wow. Not much coc friendly to say.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#42]
... what an asshole!
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is very unusual.

7th Groups forte is living like a rock star with hot ladies in south and Central America based on the US dollar,
And having various incidents like this swept under the rug OCONUS.

Some field grade is not going to be dropping op fund bribes and handing GPS and other cool shit to some Departamento Policia jefe to make this shit go away.

I’ll grant the joke seems less funny and less appropriate re-reading it,

But the wide range and variety of amusing, bemusing, confusing, comical,  surprising, and shocking situations racked up and reminisced about is legendary.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the same guy. Raymond Davis.

The Pakistanis were attempting to rob him, and then one them pulled a piece. Davis blasted both of them through his vehicle's windshield with an unmodified Glock 19. Whether or not those EKIA beardies were actual criminals acting on their own volition or if they were paid by another party to assassinate him was thoroughly debated. Whatever the case, the Pakistani interrogators likely fucked with him even with "diplomatic" credentials. Hussein Obama ended up paying Pakistan's extortion request to themselves and to the mother of the "victims" in order to free Davis.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
shoulda marked it zero
View Quote

This isnt Nam.  There are rules.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#47]
It was mentioned up thread.  Cups run over and once broken an individual is never right again or takes a very long time to get there.  There are few plausible explanations here, guy had a mental breakdown and lost his shit.  Guy was a total shit bag and decided this needed to be done for some reason in his head.  Generally shitbags don't wait until 37 to out themselves as such, my opinion but the guy probably has 15 years in or more.

It smacks of mental failure to me.  That said what a tragedy for the victims, sad he didn't get help or just shoot himself in the head.  

His service branch and MOS is not reflected in his actions.  Plenty of people serve in the SF community, serve in combat, or hands on and don't do shit like this.  There have been a run of these around the holiday and it's sadly predictable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've told friends of mine a hundred times.  Things like this can happen anywhere you go.   Always carry.

Yeah, you should just sit there and let him shoot you
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Save that last bullet, then "put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddler's Green."
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top