Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2019 8:45:17 PM EDT
His later movies almost exclusively take place in gucci exotic locations.  How many times can that numbskull film in Hawaii ffs?  South Africa?  The French Rivera?  Manhatten?  The Netherlands?  Spain?  Canadian Niagra Falls?  Cabo San Lucas?  Cape Cod?  How many more "vacation" movies (themed or by proxy) can this jackass produce?

His movies seem to only use comedy as an excuse to go on a well funded business vacation, and nothing more.  Just once.  ONCE.  I would like him to do a fucking relatable comedy again.  Do a movie set in Kansas.   That will be a good litmus test of any comedic element he may have.

*this thread is brought to you by the word Jealousy
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I can’t blame him for scamming the system when he’s run out of funny.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
He's not even trying anymore.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Pixels was set in DC. It wasn't funny but DC is a shithole full of thugs, crooks and congressmen.

Your argument is invalid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
He said this himself.

Netflix calls me and says we need a movie,  I call my buddies and ask them where they want go vacation for 6 weeks and get paid. Netflix keeps calling me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Good for him

#taxationistheft
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you miss the fact that he also chooses the most beautiful women in the world as his romantic lead as well.  So not only does he get to expense exotic locations, he gets to feel up on Kate Beckinsale and Selma Hayek.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve liked all of his movies but one or two. They are supposed to be goofy
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey he figured out a way to game the system. Fuck the big studios and their $100 million budgets. He can make a movie for a couple million and even if it's a flop he probably breaks even and gets to spend 3 months in a tropical paridise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
He was never funny
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Lighten up Francois

The Cobbler was pretty good
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
His later movies almost exclusively take place in gucci exotic locations.  How many times can that numbskull film in Hawaii ffs?  South Africa?  The French Rivera?  Manhatten?  The Netherlands?  Spain?  Canadian Niagra Falls?  Cabo San Lucas?  Cape Cod?  How many more "vacation" movies (themed or by proxy) can this jackass produce?

His movies seem to only use comedy as an excuse to go on a well funded business vacation, and nothing more.  Just once.  ONCE.  I would like him to do a fucking relatable comedy again.  Do a movie set in Kansas.   That will be a good litmus test of any comedic element he may have.

View Quote
Wouldn't you do the same? I would much rather film in awesome, exotic locations than fucking Kansas. He doesn't need to work. I do like his old movies, you knew they were going to be cheesy but they were still amusing. I've quit watching on several of the latest Sandler movies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Half in the Bag Episode 21: Jack and Jill (1 of 2)

Half in the Bag Episode 21: Jack and Jill (2 of 2)
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He said this himself.

Netflix calls me and says we need a movie,  I call my buddies and ask them where they want go vacation for 6 weeks and get paid. Netflix keeps calling me.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He's not even trying anymore.
View Quote
*calls up studio exec

"Hello?  Yeah, lets change the script location from Des Moines, to..."

(spins globe...)

"Rome.  We film a goofball couples comedy in ROME."
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, how did that whole solo vacation thing work out?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you miss the fact that he also chooses the most beautiful women in the world as his romantic lead as well.  So not only does he get to expense exotic locations, he gets to feel up on Kate Beckinsale and Selma Hayek.
View Quote
Word. And don't forget the hottie from Pixels....I just don't know her name. But she's hot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He said this himself.

View Quote
I would do the same damn thing given the opportunity
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Wife and I enjoyed his movie Murder Mystery with Jennifer Anniston and it was pretty was pretty good for Netflix fare.

I guess I would do the same thing if I could. Good for him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He said this himself.

View Quote
Sounds like a good time to me. Wish I could get a gig like that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]
God Bless him; he has it figured out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Triggered son?   I remember an actor decades ago that mentioned that Michael Caine said he’s choose movies to act in partially on the weather and location. The actor thought it was a stupid way to go about his acting career until he was freezing his ass off on some set. Michael Caine wasn’t dumb after all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Adam Sandler: "make my wife Jennifer Aniston this time"
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Seemed like he's been behind the camera more and more for awhile now. His funny ran out awhile back

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (2005) - Aquarium Bully Scene (6/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still haven't gone yet, at least on a legitimate vacation.  Went camping with the dog the other weekend, that was about as close as I'll get for now
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Who is he supposed to be scamming?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]
"I don't even have a credit card"

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo - Kelly Brook
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who is he supposed to be scamming?
View Quote
He's scamming my feelz.

I'm supposed to be the one banging Rachel on a yacht in the Mediterranean and getting paid for it, not him

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#28]
So, if you pay for netflix, he's actually scamming you. Nice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I watched a HORRENDOUS Keanu Reeves movie about a mad scientist who clones his family a while ago at someone's house. It was bad beyond being so bad it's funny,it was just garbage in all ways. All I could figure is that it was a money laundering scheme for the "investors" and Reeves got a trip to Puerto Rico or wherever it was filmed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He was never funny
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Still haven't gone yet, at least on a legitimate vacation.  Went camping with the dog the other weekend, that was about as close as I'll get for now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you given any consideration to making a movie about it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He said this himself.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, if you pay for netflix, he's actually scamming you. Nice.
View Quote
What if I told you there were ways to obtain movies online without a cent being transferred?

Not that I would do such a thing, that is.  Ahem.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Happy Gilmore

"The price is wrong, bitch."
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I watched a HORRENDOUS Keanu Reeves movie about a mad scientist who clones his family a while ago at someone's house. It was bad beyond being so bad it's funny,it was just garbage in all ways. All I could figure is that it was a money laundering scheme for the "investors" and Reeves got a trip to Puerto Rico or wherever it was filmed.
View Quote
Speak up, my man, what movie?

I love cheesy movies. They’re an art unto themselves.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He said this himself.

View Quote
Apparently he's the smartest one in room on those deals.

Good for him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I’ve liked all of his movies but one or two. They are supposed to be goofy
View Quote
This too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Seemed like he's been behind the camera more and more for awhile now. His funny ran out awhile back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qh-4JFLd-s
View Quote
The Adam Sandler funny train died with Punch Drunk Love.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I like almost all of his movies.  Compared to other celebrities he seems to be a pretty good guy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking to invest in my career as a influencer?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#41]
with a net worth of roughly 420 million, i'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
with a net worth of roughly 420 million, i'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank.
View Quote
When you can write off all your vacations and entertainment as a business expense and/or company comped, I'm sure it adds up quickly.

I can't dip a line in the lake without paying someone
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Note to Adam....Get anyway you can bud.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I never found him funny to begin with.
I've seen a couple of his movies and found them to be predictable and stupid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Triggered son?   I remember an actor decades ago that mentioned that Michael Caine said he’s choose movies to act in partially on the weather and location. The actor thought it was a stupid way to go about his acting career until he was freezing his ass off on some set. Michael Caine wasn’t dumb after all.
View Quote
Michael Caine’s best quote came when someone asked him about Jaws 3 or 4 or whatever sequel he was in.  He said (and this is probably paraphrased) “I haven’t seen it, and by all accounts it is terrible.  However, I have seen the house it paid for, and it is fantastic.”
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like Mr. Deeds?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#47]
His production company. His money.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Speak up, my man, what movie?

I love cheesy movies. They’re an art unto themselves.
View Quote
Replicants.

Personally thought Moscow was better, better than John Wick 3 even, far more realistic.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Red Letter Media did a pretty good overview a while ago:

Half in the Bag Episode 21: Jack and Jill (1 of 2)
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He said this himself.

View Quote
Yep. Livin' the life.

I still get a chuckle out of his films. I've even seen all the Netflix ones.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top