Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will deploy my rifleman's hawk from cold steel if I am down to stabby stuff.
View Quote

Because of this post, I just ordered a Cold Steel Rifleman's hawk. Only $27.99 from Knife Center, couldn't pass on it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Speaking of bayonets, which shotgun is it that comes with the bayonet lug for the M7?  Mossberg 590?  Can you just go out and get one of those with the bayo lug?
View Quote

My Ohio National Guard issued 870 has a bayonet lug, and the 590a1 I just sold has a bayonet lug, too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Speaking of bayonets, which shotgun is it that comes with the bayonet lug for the M7?  Mossberg 590?  Can you just go out and get one of those with the bayo lug?
View Quote

Mossberg sells a version of the 590 that comes with a bayonet lug.

Remington doesn't, but there's aftermarket mag extensions and lugs.  That's what I did.

S&J Hardware is where I got it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to get an M7 for the boys Mossberg. He has them for the Garand carbine Enfield still needs one for the Mosin. For 12 he has a great start on a collection
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dont think many, if any, know how to fight with a bayonet attached to their rifle. The marines might still teach it, but I dont think anyone else does.

Eta: ok, one guy here does.
View Quote

SMASH ! BUTTSTROKE ! PARRY ! SLASH ! STAB !  REPEAT !

ill always have some  bayonet equipped 16" rifles around. ill also be teaching the grandkids to bayonet fight.

USMC bayonet is the best ar-15 bayonet, as unlike the others, its high quality razor sharp steel and designed to be a good all around knife, unlike most of the others which are mostly useless as knives, and thus a one trick pony.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
i had a buddy who did time in special forces, ( a lot of time in SF ) and has been to all kinds of trouble spots the world over.

his own words.

" I fucking LOVE bayonets. Lots of motherfuckers are not scared of the sight of a gun pointed at them, as they probably have never been shot, but a bayonet gets their attention fast, no one wants to get cut / stabbed, and almost everyone has been cut at some point by something, so they relate to getting cut on a personnel level.. lots of situations they know your not going to shoot them, as they are unarmed, ( and they are right, you cant  ) so they will try to show their ass to you, and act aggressive, and fuck with your mission. HOWEVER, with a bayonet,  you can  give them a "little stab" with your bayonet, to change their behavior and change it quickly too. Just a little stab to a arm, or a leg WILL get your point across, without your ass ending up in the nightly news for shooting some unarmed dumbass. it fucking works!"
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pike squares in up-state New York

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-edad8ef379126b9ba8bf4dd5be4578e4

What's the rally point?
View Quote
The helicopter filmed shot in the movie Waterloo as the French cavalry charge and the british form into squares is one of the most magnificent war scenes ever filmed that most people haven't seen.

Also of note is the charge of the Scots Greys against the French artillery.

Damn hard to find a copy of that movie too.

Battle of Waterloo: French Cavalry Charge

Waterloo ~ Scots Greys Charge 1080p

There is a nice statue of the Greys one one of the entrances to Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#13]

LOL I took that picture! Thank you for passing it on.

ETA: Make all the things Stabby.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]
What's the cheapest bayonet I could buy online? As in actual bayonet, not a spike like those cheap SKS or Enfield ones.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a .455 Webley that needs a bayonet.
Attachment Attached File

Nothing says leadership batshit insanity like seeing your officer affix the bayonet on his Webley and then he declares:
"OK men, follow me over the top!"

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Mossberg sells a version of the 590 that comes with a bayonet lug.

Remington doesn't, but there's aftermarket mag extensions and lugs.  That's what I did.

S&J Hardware is where I got it.
View Quote

The step down on the front of a factory Remington extension will accommodate a bayonet, you just need to add a lug
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't recall bayonets being used in Red Dawn.
View Quote

It would have saved ammo when dispatching that Russian prisoner.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a repro 1907 bayonet for my SMLE

I also have a 15 inch bayonet for my mauser

and of course an M7 for my AR
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I figure someone breaks into a house, then puts their weight against the bedroom door, a bayonet behind shoved through it might change their intentions.
View Quote

A long pointed Mosin bayo would be effective for thru the door use
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41569/Pritchard-Greener_bayonet__about_1916__j-1551816.JPG

Nothing says leadership batshit insanity like seeing your officer affix the bayonet on his Webley and then he declares:

View Quote
That is seriously, sickeningly bad arse!!.

I've always liked the Webley, think I first saw it in Zulu, because it is ugly as fuck and definitely utilitarian in design, and its only purpose is to do you dry and put you on the ground. I just love it's socratic honesty.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]
The effectiveness of a device can be evidenced when the statist forbids it, and his stooges fear it (but want for only themselves).
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Different bayonet question.

I have an old-school (no disconnector) Winchester Model 1897 riot gun.  It's not a "trench gun".  It's a honest old girl, no real finish left.

I could put a heat shield and bayonet lug on it, but I'd have to lose the front bead and cut the barrel for the cross-screws.

What does the hive think?

The 1842, the Lorenz 1853, the Martini-Henry, the Krag, the '03, the 1917, both M1s (M1 and M5), the M1 carbines, and the Polytech M14S all have bayonets.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have an old-school (no disconnector) Winchester Model 1897 riot gun.  It's not a "trench gun".  It's a honest old girl, no real finish left.

I could put a heat shield and bayonet lug on it, but I'd have to lose the front bead and cut the barrel for the cross-screws.

The 1842, the Lorenz 1853, the Martini-Henry, the Krag, the '03, the 1917, both M1s (M1 and M5), the M1 carbines, and the Polytech M14S all have bayonets.
View Quote

I wouldn’t cut up an original but that’s me. On the other hand guns are tools and made to be used. What do the ChiCom reproduction trench guns go for these days?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I dont think many, if any, know how to fight with a bayonet attached to their rifle. The marines might still teach it, but I dont think anyone else does.

View Quote

Army of the Reagan era was still taught the bayonet.
I got into the bad habit of nervously sharpening mine everything we got called in on alert... it was a bit smaller by the time I PCS'd.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Bayonet training was still a part of Army basic training  when I went through in January of 2002.  Fun times .
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone make a non-garbage rail mounted bayonet?

I have literally zero rifles with mounts
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Pokey bit is attached and ready
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hard to find anything that says "YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU FnCK with ME" like a 12 gauge with a Bayonet...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMHO a bayonet on a shotgun makes a lot more sense than say on a AR or AK. The same way they made sense on more limited capacity arms like MLs, single shots, bolt actions, and Garands.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/88145/DSCN0115__2__JPG-1481725.JPG

Hard to find anything that says "YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU FnCK with ME" like a 12 gauge with a Bayonet...

I used to pull ammo dump guard duty with a 12 ga with bayonet.
Boring aside from the shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Correct 1958 Garand with bayo.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I was in, back in the stone age, we went through extensive bayonet training both in basic and at my units.

When I was in Berlin we were doing riot control training and the REMF's were playing the part of the commie hippies. They locked arms and we were not gentle getting them apart. Oddly, when they saw that, they quickly said Yeah okay we'll go peacefully over there into the concertina corral.

When it came time to get them on the trucks, they tried that locked arms shit again and we snatched them apart, again. Instead of getting in the deuce, they went limp so we grabbed them and threw them up and into the back of the deuce. By the time the third one landed in the bed, the rest had lined up and peacefully climbed into the truck.

There were plenty of not so nice comments about us from them in AAR. It was glorious!

Now a days, if I tried to do that shit I'd throw my back out and fall down.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would just chop it to 20"s or so and call it good.

They are fairly heavy guns as is, but they have good balance. 20" 97s feel good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would get a replacement bbl and chop that rather than the original.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I would just chop it to 20"s or so and call it good.

They are fairly heavy guns as is, but they have good balance. 20" 97s feel good.
View Quote
It's already got a 18-20". barrel  (too lazy to measure) .*

It's a factory riot gun.

*Riot 1897s had 20" barrels.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think people are confused.

The heat shields have three cross screws above the bayonet lug, like the FSB pins on an AR.  To fit the heat shield, there need to be three left to right grooves in the barrel forward of the magazine tube.

I don't have to cut the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41569/Pritchard-Greener_bayonet__about_1916__j-1551816.JPG

View Quote

I would follow him anywhere
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The heat shields have three cross screws above the bayonet lug, like the FSB pins on an AR.  To fit the heat shield, there need to be three left to right grooves in the barrel forward of the magazine tube.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Additionally, the heat shield / bayonet lug assemblies available don't fit reproduction barrels.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Zero?

You make me sick !

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was that one British officer during WWII who liked to carry a sword and I think even landed at Normandy wielding it.

I also remember seeing a picture of a sailor or Marine armed with a cutlass landing at Inchon in 1950.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Bayonets!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't suppose that movie is streaming anywhere, is it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:50:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Zero?

You make me sick !

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zero?

You make me sick !

I focused too much on practical and not enough on scary
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Ok, now we're talking a bayonet! Not some sharpened toothpick.

Where and how many Yankee Dollars?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:13:40 AM EDT
[#49]

The bayonet "linkage" looks a little weak.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:49:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top