Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/14/2022 1:19:51 PM EDT
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cop-killed-protestors-enough-enough-235319389.html

Marvis Cofield is afraid. He wants to set an example for his nephew and two grandchildren.

So he took them to a protest against gun violence in metro Detroit.

"They needed to see for themselves, hear the names of the people and families who have been impacted," Cofield said at the protest outside Eastpointe's Action Impact gun shop on Tuesday.

It's where authorities allege Sheldon Thomas, 26, purchased a 7.62-caliber Draco pistol last month and illegally sold it to 19-year-old Ehmani Davis for a profit of $50 outside a White Castle.

Davis is accused of shooting and killing Detroit police officer Loren Courts on July 6 with that Draco, a semi-automatic pistol similar to an AK-style rifle but cut shorter, according to the gun shop owner.

Davis was then fatally shot by other Detroit police officers.

"I'm tired of seeing our kids in the ground," said Cofield, 59, of Detroit.

His nephew, Floyd Shepherd, 14, of Detroit, said gun violence wreaking havoc among area youth has made him paranoid. Cofield's grandchildren, Germany Brown, 13, and Frank Stovall, 12, said they both would like to see more responsible gun laws and have felt traumatized by gun violence in their communities.

"Our grandpa brought us here so he could show us how to fight for our safety, how to hang around the right people," said Brown, of Eastpointe.

Thomas has been charged in federal court with lying about a gun purchase he made in June.

The shooting has sparked public outcry.

It remains unclear why the suspect fired at officers. Courts was shot while still in his police vehicle upon responding to a 911 call for shots fired. His partner, Amanda Hudgens, tried to save Courts by applying pressure to his wound, with her back toward the approaching gunman, while other officers shot and killed the suspect, police said.

Demonstrators outside the gun shop Tuesday held signs that read: "I hope to have as many rights as a gun someday," "Turn your pain into action," "No assault weapons" and "Gun reform now."

They also chanted, "No more Dracos!"

The owner of Action Impact, Bill Kocyk, confirmed that after last week's shooting, his gun shop stopped selling Draco pistols.

He said it's not uncommon after high-profile shootings for people to buy an increased number of the type of weapon used, and he believes that is not a valid reason to purchase a gun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone involved in that story is a dipshit.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Better idea... Hear me out....

Stop fucking shooting each other, stop shooting at police, and stop acting like fucking thugs!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Cat_with_Newspaper.jpg

I should buy a Draco
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
So LAWS didn't stop this....

It's where authorities allege Sheldon Thomas, 26, purchased a 7.62-caliber Draco pistol last month and illegally sold it to 19-year-old Ehmani Davis for a profit of $50 outside a White Castle.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a Yugo ZPAP or whatever it was, pistol, in 7.62x39...even had the correct stock kit for it; I was going to SBR it. But...it was loud, ugly, not as handy as you'd think, and expensive to feed...after a while, an 8.5" AR in 300blk seemed like a better idea

I kinda wish I had kept it and followed through with SBRing it...oh well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
They should make murder illegal.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stop fucking shooting each other, stop shooting at police, and stop acting like fucking thugs!
View Quote
You cracker ass honky homophobic cisgengered shitlord racist.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cat_with_Newspaper.jpg

I should buy a Draco
View Quote

Dracos always seemed gross to me but now I want one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I love how so many of these people honestly believe that it's guns making their communities so violent.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
It's where authorities allege Sheldon Thomas, 26, purchased a 7.62-caliber Draco pistol last month and illegally sold it to 19-year-old Ehmani Davis for a profit of $50 outside a White Castle

Lolololol
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love how so many of these peole honestly believe that it's guns making their communities so violent.  
View Quote

Well, yeah. And community pools are the antidote. Everyone knows this!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Huh. This wouldn’t have happened without that icky gun. Guess it’s the gun’s fault.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They should make murder illegal.
View Quote

Or in this make it really really really illegal.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not everybody.  Sounds like a few DPD officers got the job done.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#16]
They sure like dracos in the hood.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#17]
So it's the gun shop's fault that the gun was sold illegally (second-hand) and then used to kill a cop?

OK

I swear these people are fucking retarded. They don't go after the shooter, they go after the place that legally sold the gun, or the manufacturer that legally made the gun. Blaming everyone except the person who actually committed the crime. At least the bad guy who shot the cop is dead. It should have ended there except for charges against the guy who illegally sold him the gun. But no, they want to blame everyone else.

Fucking retards!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I love how so many of these peole honestly believe that it's guns making their communities so violent.  
View Quote

Obviously why Switzerland is such a shithole.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately, crime statistics tend to support his argument. Any ban on assault rifles is going to be a ban on sales. The millions of guns already around will support the banger's lifestyles for a long time. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Raise better people?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that where Corn Pop hung out?

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Raise better people?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, anyone that actually believes that isn’t a free thinking person. That’s for sure.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yo
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]
How many times have you’ve seen a woman, or a minority woman purchasing a firearm for her thug man? If you pay attention, lots of times, but the FFL wants to make a sale, or doesn’t want to make anyone upset, or catch a civil suit…doesn’t have to be a woman, just a buyer that sends off a bad vibe….

How about enforcing laws against straw buyers…..and hold FFL licensees harmless if they refuse to sell to a buyer that they don’t want to sell to because the transaction makes no sense?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How many times have you’ve seen a woman, or a minority woman purchasing a firearm for her thug man? If you pay attention, lots of times, but the FFL wants to make a sale, or doesn’t want to make anyone upset, or catch a civil suit…doesn’t have to be a woman, just a buyer that sends off a bad vibe….

How about enforcing laws against straw buyers…..and hold FFL licensees harmless if they refuse to sell to a buyer that they don’t want to sell to because the transaction makes no sense?
View Quote

The FFL I used to work for and every FFL I know will refuse to sell if there is ANY indication of a straw purchase.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Ban shitbirds.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#29]
How about signs that say NO MORE CRIMINALS  or  STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe its just the extra blurry picture, but does that thing still have the protective condom on the charging handle?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Let dipshits riot and burn cities down for over a year and be surprised when crime stays up afterwards. Citiots gonna citiot.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#32]
They aren’t going to let up with this shit.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a state with universal handgun registration.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Why did the shooter have to buy a gun from a third party?
My money says that he was a prohibited person out on the streets because of a liberal DA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My money says that he was a prohibited person out on the streets because of a liberal DA.
View Quote

Good luck getting someone to put up money on that bet.

AI isn’t a bad place. Clean and from what I can tell pretty well run.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I had a Yugo ZPAP or whatever it was, pistol, in 7.62x39...even had the correct stock kit for it; I was going to SBR it. But...it was loud, ugly, not as handy as you'd think, and expensive to feed...after a while, an 8.5" AR in 300blk seemed like a better idea

I kinda wish I had kept it and followed through with SBRing it...oh well.
View Quote

I have an identical story.  Wish I kept it, especially since I bought it with a brace and 3 mags for $529 brand new.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Make all gun murders a hate crime. That way its a super duper murder crime.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Under 21, can't buy a handgun from FFL
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's where authorities allege Sheldon Thomas, 26, purchased a 7.62-caliber Draco pistol last month and illegally sold it to 19-year-old Ehmani Davis for a profit of $50 outside a White Castle

Lolololol
View Quote
So they are upset criminals did horrible criminal shit?

How about fix the economy and perhaps people won't do retarded shit for $50.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

IDK if that would sound good over a dre beat though
Gotta sell records
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Corn Pop was a good guy. He stopped some pedo at the pool from having kids rub his legs and sit on his lap. Corn Pop jacked that pedo's ass up for that shit.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#43]
No more dracos? Maybe I'm missing something but that short barrel AK pistol thing seems like basically the worst possible gun to commit crime with. I'd think if the criminals are gonna have a gun, that's pretty much the one you'd want them to have, no?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FPNI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

Yup...
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Maybe they should have a protest against criminals.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Is that you Leonard Embody ????
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#48]
"I'm tired of seeing our kids in the ground," said Cofield, 59, of Detroit.

I’m unclear. Is Cofield referring to the young cop that was killed or the young person that was killed after killing the cop? Which kid is he upset about?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

"white castle fries only come in one size"
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Corn Pop was a good guy. He stopped some pedo at the pool from having kids rub his legs and sit on his lap. Corn Pop jacked that pedo's ass up for that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn!  And now you know The Rest Of The Story.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top