Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Baldwin has been in countless movies where the handling of firearms as props was required, I'm not going to count but since 1987 he has played military officers, police officers, secret agents, etc. all with ample amounts of shooting.

At some point in this two decade plus career to claim he never received any training in the safe use of prop firearms exceeds the bounds of reasonable assumption.

Depending on the circumstances, I'm not confident he can claim he couldn't or shouldn't have known the potential results of his actions, particularly if some of these rumors are accurate, incompetent prop-master or not. Not only was he the trigger man, he was the boss.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really? You've never seen a movie where actors shoot guns at other actors?

Ever?

Have you been living under a rock your entire life?
View Quote

There's no need to point it directly at the other actor. Shoot beside him, the camera can't tell the difference.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Come on, man. Even libtard idiots have feelings. I doubt he's a psychopath. He just accidentally killed someone who he was probably good friends with.

Maybe he hired cheap unlicensed local tallent.  If so he fucked up and should share blame. Sure he's a double nozzle commie. But how many times have people here said they don't wish cancer on anyone, even dirtbag politicians?
View Quote

He has wished those who disagree with him politically die in violent manners. It's a sad situation for the dead and injured, but something something karma...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dont like him but he's not liable.      

If you were playing a role in a movie,  the prop guy handed you what looked to be a nuclear weapon, And told to push one of the buttons,  would you say,  "wait!  Hold everything!  I am pushing the button so im responsible!"  Then you dissemble the nuk to check to see if it was real with all your nuke training,  or would you trust its not real?
View Quote

Kind of not even on the same planet of a close comparison.

Funny part is that anything that is close. Falls directly in line with stuff that people get hurt all the time doing. You familiar with how many injuries there are on film sets?  Or freak accidents because some said "it's totally cool no one ever gets hurt"

Being the producer he's plenty liable especially if his SME didn't have the proper credentials. Also funny as it sounds like he, a hardcore leftist, was trying to sidestep expensive union labor.

Once again I'm not saying this rises to the level of murder.  But ya he can and should be held liable in some way as he was one of the people in charge.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He hired low wage locals.
View Quote

I wouldn't hire locals for anything important, no matter the wage level.

we're basically all retarded.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There's no need to point it directly at the other actor. Shoot beside him, the camera can't tell the difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? You've never seen a movie where actors shoot guns at other actors?

Ever?

Have you been living under a rock your entire life?

There seems to be a concerted effort by a few to ignore the facts and defend him. I have no idea why. Wait for the facts before you absolve the lead actor and producer of the film that just shot someone on set and hired a cheap armorer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
accident accident accident...

Shut the fuck up.

This is negligence. It would have been negligence if any of you had done it and if Adam Baldwin had done it.

You don't pick up a fucking firearm, point it at people and then pull the trigger accidently. Just because you're an ignorant shit that doesn't check the state of a weapon before acting like a cunt with it doesn't make it accidental.

Negligence.

Some of you sound like Alec, "Why was I HANDED a hot gun?!"

No motherfucker, Why did you point a gun at people and pull the trigger?

Stop making excuses for negligent assholes, progun or otherwise.
View Quote

Hard to disagree with this.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because he’s not the SME/armorer assigned the task of ensuring safety on the set.

Here’s a hypothetical situation:
If a pilot decides to let a child sit in the cockpit of an aircraft in flight, and the child accidentally causes the aircraft to crash, who is at fault??
View Quote

Here's a hypothetical situation:
You hand a grown man keys to your car, he goes to rev it, but floors it over top of your baby pilot. Who is at fault?

Yes, the armorer bears some responsibility.
Yes, the person that hired that armorer bears some responsibility.
Yes, the person who made the call that nobody would receive training bears some responsibility.

But the ultimate responsibility for shooting someone rests on the person who picks up a weapon and pulls the trigger.

Firearms do not just "go off" even when talking about ones that have defects.

Here's something that's not hypothetical:

Alec Baldwin pointed a firearm at a person and then pulled the trigger. That person wasn't an actor. He pointed it at a crew member, specifically, which even if loaded with blanks is dangerous. So, just because you ask someone else to take responsibility for you because you can't be bothered, it's not your fault when you act reckless and kill someone?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a WWII reenactor.
We aim REAL guns at the enemy and fire blanks.
Even tanks fire blanks at the enemy.
There are safety checks where weapons are inspected for squib rounds and blanks are checked out.
View Quote

If someone fucked up, and shot and killed someone during one of your reenactments,  whose fault would it be?
Do you check them yourself? Do you just trust the checkers when you pull the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You hand a grown man keys to your car, he goes to rev it, but floors it over top of your baby pilot. Who is at fault?

Yes, the person who made the call that nobody would receive training bears some responsibility.

But the ultimate responsibility for shooting someone rests on the person who picks up a weapon and pulls the trigger.

Alec Baldwin pointed a firearm at a person and then pulled the trigger. That person wasn't an actor. He pointed it at a crew member, specifically, which even if loaded with blanks is dangerous. So, just because you ask someone else to take responsibility for you because you can't be bothered, it's not your fault when you act reckless and kill someone?
View Quote

And if the shot called for the actor to point the weapon at another actor? What then? "oh, sorry this is just too scary. I'm going to have to follow the gun safety rules and decline to shoot this scene"
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This incident doesn't involve any less amount of gross negligence from everyone involved in the chain of custody of the weapon, to include the trigger puller.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a weird one, and involved overt negligence by multiple people.

His gun got dragged around by multiple people for more than week with a mag of live ammo in it.

This incident doesn't involve any less amount of gross negligence from everyone involved in the chain of custody of the weapon, to include the trigger puller.

Did AB bring live ammo to the set?  Did he load the prop?

I would not be surprised to see that as an actor, he is not liable for the saftey of props.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a live round, what a colossal fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You appear to be failing it with your defense of his actions.

Apologies in advance if I am misinterpreting your post.
View Quote

Eh, if the prop/armorer wasn't qualified and as the producer Baldwin hired him, then Baldwin is ultimately responsible. As the actor, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because he’s not the SME/armorer assigned the task of ensuring safety on the set.

Here’s a hypothetical situation:
If a pilot decides to let a child sit in the cockpit of an aircraft in flight, and the child accidentally causes the aircraft to crash, who is at fault??
View Quote

Wrong.

In the case of AB, what would be the outcome if 99 other armorers handed him the same gun?

What about the case of the armorer handing the same pistol to 99 other people beside AB?

See the difference?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So he accidentally picked up a real gun, accidentally loaded it with real rounds, accidentally pointed it at two people, and accidently pulled the trigger?

View Quote

Are you always this dense when not on the internet?

LOL.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And if the shot called for the actor to point the weapon at another actor? What then? "oh, sorry this is just too scary. I'm going to have to follow the gun safety rules and decline to shoot this scene"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don’t. They point them to the side.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sad for the victims. May they RIP.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wrong.

In the case of AB, what would be the outcome if 99 other armorers handed him the same gun?

What about the case of the armorer handing the same pistol to 99 other people beside AB?

See the difference?
View Quote

no, I have no idea what you are saying
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I have seen great long standing members her pass away and they can't even get 2-3 pages...

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Alec finally found out that humans don't react to bullets very well either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Considering he is/was the producer he had that power.  "i don't know guys seems a little dangerous to be pointing guns at people".  He literally was the one person who had authority to call BS.

Don't worry bro we aren't hating on you but at least consider all the bling under your avatar.  Perhaps this is a time to push the idea celebrities especially actors that use guns in film should be more responsible.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Eh, if the prop/armorer wasn't qualified and as the producer Baldwin hired him, then Baldwin is ultimately responsible. As the actor, not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Prop Weapons-Armorer
A licensed Armourer has to be on set when weapons and firearms are used, to meet legal requirements. Armourers analyse the script, working with the Producer, Director and Properties Master, to put together a list of weapons needed. They may have to research the style of weaponry according to the period and type of film. Armourers may also consult with the Production Designer and the Prop Maker on the design of any tailor-made weapons.

Armourers liaise with the Director of Photography to determine which camera angles will minimise any risk of injury. During rehearsals Armourers coach the Actors in the correct use of the firearms, explaining possible dangers. They also help to choreograph any gunfire action sequences. They continually check weapons during breaks and rehearsals, making sure safety controls are still intact.

https://local480.com/craft/prop-weapons-armorer/
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Surprise, cock fags!Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
As others have said, supposedly they were filming a close-up of the muzzle of the revolver as it was drawn from a holster. A closeup, with the muzzle pointed directly at the camera. When the gun fired, it struck the DP, who was behind the camera, exited her rear shoulder, and struck the director, who was behind her.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I would not be surprised to see that as an actor, he is not liable for the saftey of props.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His gun got dragged around by multiple people for more than week with a mag of live ammo in it.

He is the producer too.  Did he hire an unqualified armorer?  Did he fo his due diligence?  Did he hire someone to double check her work?

A series of improper events happened to cause this incident. He was involved both as the movie producer and guy that pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He still should not have pointed it at another person.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course he's not liable.

It's like working on a construction site, someone hands you their framing gun, and while nailing, the trigger/safety stick and sends a nail in someone's eye. That's not your fault.

Soon as I read the name of the actor, I knew people here would try and find a way to place the blame directly on him.

It's not the job of the actor to inspect every equipment they touch. You have people on set for this very reason.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He is the producer too.  Did he hire an unqualified armorer?  Did he fo his due diligence?  Did he hire someone to double check her work?

A series of improper events happened to cause this incident. He was involved both as the movie producer and guy that pulled the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Statement from the Union (Local 44) said they weren’t using a Union  Armorer, they were using a local props man from New Mexico who was not Union.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

This stuff DOES happen and is brought up on Arfcom often. I’ve always heard Arfcom ring the persons ass for being negligent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, the Baldwin legal defense team is in full force, pulling unlikely scenario after unlikely scenario out of their butts to cover for the guy

Not really, if the same thing happened to someone from Arfcom, there'd be a GoFundMe in under an hour and gunsmith after gunsmith, and instructor after instructor would post scenario after scenario about how "despite best practices and proper procedures, these things can happen."

The only reason GD even gives a shit here is because Baldwin is a liberal.

Change it from Alex Baldwin to Adam Baldwin and GD would trip over themselves, "pulling unlikely scenario after unlikely scenario out of their butts to cover for the guy."

This guy gets it...

Bullshit.

This stuff DOES happen and is brought up on Arfcom often. I’ve always heard Arfcom ring the persons ass for being negligent.

Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on the poster
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

- Prop Weapons-Armorer
A licensed Armourer has to be on set when weapons and firearms are used, to meet legal requirements. Armourers analyse the script, working with the Producer, Director and Properties Master, to put together a list of weapons needed. They may have to research the style of weaponry according to the period and type of film. Armourers may also consult with the Production Designer and the Prop Maker on the design of any tailor-made weapons.

Armourers liaise with the Director of Photography to determine which camera angles will minimise any risk of injury. During rehearsals Armourers coach the Actors in the correct use of the firearms, explaining possible dangers. They also help to choreograph any gunfire action sequences. They continually check weapons during breaks and rehearsals, making sure safety controls are still intact.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Prop Weapons-Armorer

That actually sounds like a fun gig. Would be a great way earn some cash in retirement. Do porno's usually have armorers?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

See the difference?

He is asking if the armorer handed that gun to 99 different people would the outcome be the same. No, because reasonable people would not have aimed at another person.

He is also asking if 99 other armorers would have handed a loaded gun to an actor. No
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

YES. Which is why I place the blame on the armorer and the 1st AD. We have gun fire on the movie I’m on as I type this. We ALWAYS have a safety meeting prior to any gun fire. I posted exactly what happens when we bring a gun on set a page or two back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
who here would personally check the load in the weapon no matter who loaded it, and what they were told? Maybe I'm overly curious, paranoid, or downright mistrusting but I would.

I would personally check too. But like I said earlier a lot of actors have zero clue about anything gun related and probably don’t even know that blanks look different than a live round. I just had to show a co-worker a picture of a blank because he didnt know what they look like. So when you have an actor who doesnt know anything about guns, they trust the armorer.

perhaps I'm getting too far into the weeds but as an armourer don't you think his job is to maybe have a safety meeting or two? I mean I've worked in education, I've worked as a journeyman ironworker, I've worked as a night watchman, in every one of my former jobs we had safety meetings and instruction. But saying that you can have all the safety meetings, instructions you want but it still comes down to do stupid things even as a joke can get someone killed. It is because the armorer was working with stupid, ignorant actors that he should have done due diligence. As actors, the whole ignorant lot should demand safer sets. Between helicopters chopping experienced actors and child actors in half, stupid deaths like that Hexum guy, and now this no one should die for a movie. There is enough blame to go around, Alec is responsible on some level.

YES. Which is why I place the blame on the armorer and the 1st AD. We have gun fire on the movie I’m on as I type this. We ALWAYS have a safety meeting prior to any gun fire. I posted exactly what happens when we bring a gun on set a page or two back.

If Baldwin is a producer on the film even more reason why he should be held at least partially culpable.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm thinking shrapnel.  Overloaded blank and-or a barrel obstruction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless I'm missing something, we have three possibilities here. One, someone brought in a real, loaded gun. Two, someone managed to get live ammo in a prop gun. Three, someone got some kind of projectile in the barrel of a blank gun. You would think that that for two and three the gun would be fixed where that couldn't happen. There's a four but it doesn't apply here, the
Jon-Erik Hexum blank to the head.

I'm thinking shrapnel.  Overloaded blank and-or a barrel obstruction.

I know absolutely nothing about how prop guns work, but I could see potential for a double charge to cause problems in even a blank gun. I presume they use some sort of funky powder to get the smoke and effects. If it has a drastically different burn rate and there is some sort of barrel obstruction due to either excessive fowling, you could have a recipe for disaster
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's like working on a construction site, someone hands you their framing gun, and while nailing, the trigger/safety stick and sends a nail in someone's eye. That's not your fault.

Soon as I read the name of the actor, I knew people here would try and find a way to place the blame directly on him.

It's not the job of the actor to inspect every equipment they touch. You have people on set for this very reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong, it is like working a construction site, skipping the confined space permit procedure and sending someone in a vessel without checking the oxygen levels and having them die.

There are multiple failures that allowed this occur.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now try that scenario again. But this is closer.

Be on site
Rules on site never point framing gun at anybody
Point framing gun at somebody against all rules
without even checking if loaded with nails
Pull trigger
Kill somebody

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

a massive DICK, dicking around with a gun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he accidentally picked up a real gun, accidentally loaded it with real rounds, accidentally pointed it at two people, and accidently pulled the trigger?

LOL.
That's what I get for not reading the whole thread. My bad.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did he check the barrel for obstructions? Did he inspect the ammo?

He is responsible period.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#44]

She’s far nuttier than he is.

That’s saying a lot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Anonymous "on-set source"
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Now I want an "Alec Baldwin has killed more people than my gun" shirt.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

99 other armorers handing the same gun to AB would have ended in the same result.

The armorer handing the same gun to 99 other people would have ended is a statistically different result ( some people would have checked the chamber or not pointed and fired a loaded weapon at someone else). AB is guilty of manslaughter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Any details on what actually happened? Was the gun capable of firing a live round and there was a live round in it that discharged?

Could've sworn when Brandon Lee died it was dummy rounds (no primer/powder for a close-up shot) that popped the bullet into the barrel and was later fired by the energy of a blank.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

True.

But how many times has his ilk used them?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basic rules of firearm handling apply to everyone. Claiming ignorance is horse shit.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top