BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
^ Did you work with Tommy Lee Jones?

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I assumed it was BS when seeing thread title, but I like science fiction, so I read it.

Yeah, still calling BS.

It basically paints a picture of a stereotypical alien with scifi level of plausible-ish sounding explanations (don't have enough knowledge of these topics to evaluate their actual plausibility from a biomechanics standpoint).

The one thing that stuck out to me though, as an engineer is: an engineered organism that excretes waste through it's skin? Why? Why not to a central location where it could be managed efficiently in space faring (or interdimensional, or whatever they say) environments? Even if you assume it is part of the "protective membrane" or whatever, still seems like you'd end up with a surplus of material over time that you would have to collect and manage on a spaceship.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The aliens will think communism is the ideal government, Gavin Newsome should be Dear Leader for life for everyone, and there is no God.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Chat EBO ?
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
AI Apocalypse After Files: Q&A, AMA, Deep dives, weird news

Why files guy talking about now live
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The smart-sounding people in this thread think it's fake.  That's how I know it is real.

Welcome to the clown fields.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive played this game before somewhere...

Spacebattles XCOM LP - Sectoid Autopsy

I also wouldnt doubt for a moment that was entirely AI written by prompt.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit...it just dawned on me...I can't beleive I didn't realize it until now.

THE REASON ALIENS PROBE OUR ANUS, IS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE!!!!!

They must be mesmerized by our anuses and want to know more.

They must be like, wow..you can poop from it, and people put stuff in there too!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The devil you say?

Great book

WRT OP

Major piece that doesn't fit is the neck size description.  If the creature has an huge head, it needs a huge neck to control it.

I think aliens will turn out more like Abbot and Castello, not ET the movie or Close Encounters like.  We are fixated on bipedal aliens when the phenotype is not actually the best or most efficient in energy conservation or mobility.  Cephalopods are much more efficient and mobile compared to vertebrates.  They're biggest drawback in a short life and horrible reproduction process.  They are EXTREMELY smart with great problem solving skills that exceed many birds and mammals.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Childhood's End, Arthur C. Clarke

And I WANT to believe

The devil you say?

Great book

WRT OP

Major piece that doesn't fit is the neck size description.  If the creature has an huge head, it needs a huge neck to control it.

I think aliens will turn out more like Abbot and Castello, not ET the movie or Close Encounters like.  We are fixated on bipedal aliens when the phenotype is not actually the best or most efficient in energy conservation or mobility.  Cephalopods are much more efficient and mobile compared to vertebrates.  They're biggest drawback in a short life and horrible reproduction process.  They are EXTREMELY smart with great problem solving skills that exceed many birds and mammals.

Our cephalopods are.  Others may not be.

"That's right.  We're going to feed the shoggoth."
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The smart-sounding people in this thread think it's fake.  That's how I know it is real.

View Quote

I think it's fake. Any college sophomore who has had the usual bio classes a biology major would take could write that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't get up to much recreational reading of science fiction anymore, but I read quite a bit of it in my youth.

There is a quality about this that is reminiscent of H.P. Lovecraft.  Like the author might as well have been a professor at Miskatonic University.

It just goes into so much detail to say so little.  Dazzling the reader with technical jargon, it aims to be convincing by appealing to the part of your mind that thinks, "Surely something so detailed could not have been made up!"

It reads just like the description of the Elder beings in "At the Mountains of Madness".  Lots of details of physiology, some speculation, and even some of their belief system thrown in.

The idea of an excretory system like that described seems highly implausible.  Even gnats take shits.  There are pretty much zero complex organisms on Earth that don't have some sort of digestive tract for excretion.  There has to be a compelling reason why some alternative hasn't evolved.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think the idea is that anybody that can genetically engineer such a creature and travel across such vast distances could also produce a very pure and essential food/fuel for it to consume that wouldn't leave behind those other elements you mention sort of like liquid hydrogen vs liquid methane for rockets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To many inconsistency to be real.. first that jumped my attention is the aliens waste management.
He says that everything is dissolved in the ammonia then expelled .however there is going to be a ton of minerals and such that are insoluble in their diet that would need to be expressed as a solid. Also what lifeform crap into its air supply? Especially a space fairing race that would actively be contaminating its air and ship..
Also what stands out to me is that a top top secret program that barely a shred of evidence has come out of would suddenly have a "scientist" that knows most everything. A program like that would be highly compartmentalized with almost no one knowing more than their specialty.. aka.. he would maybe know about a segment of dna and that's it.

Honestly it reads like an alien fan boy who just finished his class in genetics.

I think the idea is that anybody that can genetically engineer such a creature and travel across such vast distances could also produce a very pure and essential food/fuel for it to consume that wouldn't leave behind those other elements you mention sort of like liquid hydrogen vs liquid methane for rockets.

Furthermore, with regards to "crapping in the air supply", it's reasonable to assume their ships would have a means of removing air contaminants, such as their metabolic waste products.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#15]
This story convienently solves the amonia smell right after RJE had the Brasil alient documentray dude on his show

Nice tie in.

If this dude wasn't a puss he would have a pic of some alien parts to show
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#16]
So these mufggas pee and poop out they skin???
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:58:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Doesn’t matter if it's arcturian baby...
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ehh. And then you have all the alleged PhDs in the other thread saying it looks written by a biochem guy who's 20 years out of date...in other words, consistent with the claim.

Anyone here remember the post years back from another forum by a guy claiming to have worked at JPL and found software on the Curiosity rover sending pictures to the Pentagon via quantum communication systems? Reminds me of that quality of larp. Either world class writing, or legit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's possible.

What stands out to me (and makes me immediately believe it's fake) is the way it uses existing "little gray man" lore and tries to explain it with jargon.

It actually read like a research report from the game X-Com.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if it's the result of a good chatGPT prompt

Me too. Telling it to sound all "sciency" and use jargon

It's possible.

What stands out to me (and makes me immediately believe it's fake) is the way it uses existing "little gray man" lore and tries to explain it with jargon.

It actually read like a research report from the game X-Com.

I thought it sounded like some UFO show I watched in the 1980s or 1990s. It might have been one that included Bob Lazar, though not necessarily Bob Lazar’s words as these shows often had multiple contributors.

But the alien views on religion & soul, paper thin space suits, anatomy, etc, were all very similar to what I remember from that show.

Either the author copied a lot of that show or…

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't get up to much recreational reading of science fiction anymore, but I read quite a bit of it in my youth.

There is a quality about this that is reminiscent of H.P. Lovecraft.  Like the author might as well have been a professor at Miskatonic University.

It just goes into so much detail to say so little.  Dazzling the reader with technical jargon, it aims to be convincing by appealing to the part of your mind that thinks, "Surely something so detailed could not have been made up!"

It reads just like the description of the Elder beings in "At the Mountains of Madness".  Lots of details of physiology, some speculation, and even some of their belief system thrown in.

The idea of an excretory system like that described seems highly implausible.  Even gnats take shits.  There are pretty much zero complex organisms on Earth that don't have some sort of digestive tract for excretion.  There has to be a compelling reason why some alternative hasn't evolved.
View Quote

First up, it had a better-than-Crichton level of detail to it. Even when he was at his peak, the stories were laden with enough jargon and just enough detail and real-world research or science to pass sci-fi muster.

Second, the excretory system makes sense to me because I got the impression the “grays” were like worker bees- they live a life but it’s about the collective whole and not the individual. As such the individual grays are not made to be autonomous, they’re bred to be useful for a short time and are ultimately disposable. I read up on the Grusch stuff and it kind of dovetails with the idea that the UFOs and UAPs we’ve been seeing are basically disposable… we can get deeper but there do seem to be overlaps in the concepts presented by both “whistleblowers”.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

First up, it had a better-than-Crichton level of detail to it. Even when he was at his peak, the stories were laden with enough jargon and just enough detail and real-world research or science to pass sci-fi muster.

Second, the excretory system makes sense to me because I got the impression the “grays” were like worker bees- they live a life but it’s about the collective whole and not the individual. As such the individual grays are not made to be autonomous, they’re bred to be useful for a short time and are ultimately disposable. I read up on the Grusch stuff and it kind of dovetails with the idea that the UFOs and UAPs we’ve been seeing are basically disposable… we can get deeper but there do seem to be overlaps in the concepts presented by both “whistleblowers”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the thought of disposability, a new thought occurred.  What if they have the ability to transfer their consciousness?  If they could, then why bother retrieving a corpse?  It's merely a vessel.  Their mind could live on in another.

It's not too terribly far fetched.  We see it pretty often in Sci-Fi, and would be very useful to an alien race. They'd be able to learn and train skills over multiple lifespans.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On the thought of disposability, a new thought occurred.  What if they have the ability to transfer their consciousness?  If they could, then why bother retrieving a corpse?  It's merely a vessel.  Their mind could live on in another.

It's not too terribly far fetched.  We see it pretty often in Sci-Fi, and would be very useful to an alien race. They'd be able to learn and train skills over multiple lifespans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a big part of the gist that I gleaned from it as well … they value the connectedness and “individual” things are basically tools for it/them. Disposable individuals and flying saucers to keep track of us.

The death or loss of either is like us losing a cell phone - an inconvenience but just go get (make) another.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Y'all don't actually believe this do you?

It's just a larp.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You understand that the US government literally had/has a program designed to use a fake alien visit to issue massive control/marshal law? This isn't a conspiracy; it was leaked.  Look it up.

But you are right, the fake 'visit' will soon be here.  You can see all the small pushes already.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Real or not, I thought it was exceedingly well done and I enjoyed the escape.

Thanks for posting, OP.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Interesting read.  I will add my own conspiratorial, scifi theory for your reading amusement.  

Anyone notice the significant uptick in ufo/alien stories in the last few years?  It seems to be gaining more traction and acceptance.  Angels (fallen and otherwise) are extra dimensional beings with an agenda.  If you replace the word spiritual with dimensional many things line up with our more modern scientific way of thinking.  Shortly after they make themselves known they will offer a genetic upgrade to humanity.  That will be or include what was referred to in the first century as the mark of the beast.  The "upgrade" will render a person something of a hybrid (nephilim anyone?) which would then place that person outside the grace their Creator has sought to give humanity.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think it's fake. Any college sophomore who has had the usual bio classes a biology major would take could write that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't make it fake.  I first grader can solve for 2+2, that doesn't make it false.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you dig deep enough into the subject, you'll find speculation (based on people who claim to be experiencers) that being artificial, created organisms, these creatures do NOT have souls but somehow are able to access our spiritual energy in a way that gives them some of what having a soul means.  Based on most accounts, the others seem interested in anything that might significantly reduce the number of humans on the planet (ie, nuclear weapons, environmental issues, etc...).  I've long thought it very possible that we are farmed by these beings for that spiritual energy.  There is even speculation that when we die, they capture our souls and recycle us back into circulation (ala, reincarnation) to keep the supply of energy going.  There are even suggestions that we can escape this fate via achieving a certain state of spiritual development and that love and goodness are the key, with negativity keeping us vulnerable to being recirculated.  Sounds kind of familiar.  Hell, some people think there are several NHI's, some trying to help us escape the farm and others trying to keep us here.

Crazy shit, but it's coming from diverse encounters with NHI and some of the big names have hinted around that something like this scenario might be the case.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Project blueballs..now that GD found out no buttholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Project Bluebeam
Project blueballs..now that GD found out no buttholes.

Hold on now.  No teeth and their esophagus and trachea aren't common.  That could be useful
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Alien DNA is similar to ours, but different.

The alien samples we have appear to be engineered "worker bees"

Aliens communicate with their technology via nodes on their brain.

Aliens don't have buttholes.

That about sums it up.
View Quote

Useless if they cant do anal.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Real or not, I thought it was exceedingly well done and I enjoyed the escape.

Thanks for posting, OP.
View Quote

I got all excited at first but them being goofy ass Grays killed it for me...especially being of the Roger Smith variety... Worst. Aliens. Ever.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll just wait for the Netflix adaption.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

about 10 years ago there was a guy and/or woman who worked with me on a few projects at work.
ETA: I misremembered the timeframe, it had to have been 17 or more years ago based off the project

take from it what you will, only sharing what I remember from an off hand conversation but there was a post in this thread made me remember it.

no idea if it was BS but given where we where and what we were working on, B and C players are not included.

that the whole thing and everything inside it could be used to store data on the atomic level.
they went on to confess they worked for a small company that I had never heard of and was contracted by an uncle to try to figure out something unrelated when this person was read into another project and said basically, they saw a craft similar to what Lazar talked about and the entire thing was basically an advanced SSD.

after a few subjects this person turned to me and said something to the tune of "I know how to modulate matter to store information" or something like that.

One afternoon we had nothing going on and the conversation went into different things.. football, music, etc.

I've never told this story to anyone and I may edit/delete it so please don't quote it.
View Quote

Sounds like he could have been referring to spintronics.

It's been an area or research for a long time.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Useless if they cant do anal.
View Quote

They can do anal... to you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Interesting analysis.

Post by SameLetter6378
Punjabi-batman made an interesting mistake in their post. They put a comma after a space. I scrolled down and loaded several hundred comments, then I did a ctrl+f for " ," (a space then a comma). There are only a few places this occurred. 3 times by OP. 1 by u/Punjabi-Batman, 3 times by u/NoTransition3549, and OP has responded to both these people multiple times. Given the mistake being common among the three of them, and that OP responded to them multiple times, I believe these are all the same person.

The other two I saw to make the mistake was u/groove_selector and u/no_communication_11 but OP did not reply to them.

These mistakes do happen but they are quite rare and usually when a person makes the mistake, they make it repeatedly. Out of many hundreds of comments loaded 7 of 10 were either by OP or someone who OP responded to multiple times. This seems unusually high considering that OP did not respond to the vast majority of people.

This is a bit speculative, so is there more to tie OP, u/Punjabi-Batman and u/NoTransition3549 together? Yes. Question 2 was from one of u/NoTransition3549 comments and question 4 was from one of u/Punjabi-Batman comments.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe the story's true at all, but would the excretory problem be alleviated in a circulating environment--aqueous or not---where the execretory material is being diffused back into the surrounding fluid?  I.e., perhaps they're used to an environment like an anemone's tidepool?

Oh, and though it's likely already stated in the thread, what were the hidden but revolutionary, either biochem/Mol.Bio lab techniques or UFOlogy tidbits that were revealed in the narrative?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#37]
This is clearly fictional. If I’m designing an artificial being from scratch, the first thing I’m doing is designing its anus. You know, for reasons.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Its either real or fake.  Since aliens are fake,  so is this
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#39]
This is a poop thread.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is clearly fictional. If I’m designing an artificial being from scratch, the first thing I’m doing is designing its anus. You know, for reasons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]
ARFCOM GD wants to butt fuck an alien

I want to shoot them with 110gr VMAX

[shrug]

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

[shrug]

View Quote

This is arfcom.

Get both.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is arfcom.

Get both.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[shrug]

This is arfcom.

Get both.

Now the debate if which comes first.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now this thread is going to go for another 5 pages.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[shrug]

This is arfcom.

Get both.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I seen it before the edit and time out!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Discussing the Biologist who worked on aliens pt 1
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#48]
“The size of their eyes suggests they have excellent night vision.”

Which gen?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Reminds me of John Titor.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#50]
What amuses/annoys me about all the UFO and "aliens are among us" tripe is how unimaginative it is.
It's essentially recycled 60s sci-fi(and sophomoric low budget TV sci-fi at that) regurgitated with either religious, dimensional or time traveler spins on it.
If you want to read good alien Aliens and "First Contact" try Peter Watts Blindsight.
Even The Mote in God's Eye did it better with freaking Space Opera in the 70s!

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top