Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 10/12/2016 11:08:20 AM EDT
Our founders never intended voting to be a universal right.

It was intended and written into the constitution to be an earned privilege.

They knew a constituency with no skin in the game would destroy the country.

They knew a voter base full of uneducated, uninformed people will vote for leaders who are unfit.

Those with nothing to lose and no interest at stake would vote away rights, liberty, at the promise for a hand out.

And here we are. The blue smoke is out of the box and there's no way to put it back in. And the number of voters with no skin in the game out number those who do, or soon will.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree, but you are going to get hammered
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If the founders had wanted only a subset of the population to vote, they should have written it into the Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree, but you are going to get hammered
View Quote

I don't mind getting hammered for stating the truth.

And the proof of my assertion is about as obvious as can be if you look at our country, currently.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Take out women's suffrage and gun control shrivels up, the war on drugs and prohibition never happened.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They knew a voter base full of uneducated, uninformed people will vote for leaders who are unfit.

Those with nothing to lose and no interest at stake would vote away rights, liberty, at the promise for a hand out.

And here we are. The blue smoke is out of the box and there's no way to put it back in. And the number of voters with no skin in the game out number those who do, or soon will.

View Quote

Not really a fan of tyranny myself, but that's probably just because I am overly fond of liberty and representative government.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been saying that for years.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]

And yet, MILLIONS of Americans just view the Founding Fathers as outmoded old white guys.

If Hillary wins, it is over and the decline will accelerate beyond our wildest expectations...........and, in the end, our country will be gone, the FSA will be in control and we well be ruled by a lying, scum bag, criminal tyrant.

She will be free to do anything criminal she desires and her minions will carry out the will of Satan in ways you and I have yet to even imagine.

It will be very, VERY SAD!!

Our beloved country will have been destroyed, it's very foundation seen blowing away in the wind, never to be seen again.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the founders had wanted only a subset of the population to vote, they should have written it into the Constitution.
View Quote

Last I checked, we wrote an amendment to give women the right to vote...hence...changing the constitution.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Like I say in most of these threads...

Racist Democrats fucked up the literacy/competency test for voting concept.  

Entire naturalization exam (not just a few random questions) for everyone at 18 and every 10 years thereafter.  No pass, no vote, no matter where you were born.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Only propertied white males can vote then?

Regarding taxes, only propertied people should be able to vote on matters affecting property taxes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was in states constitutions.

The mentality at the time was sovereign states. Who would think of letting idiots decide how we're governed?

Then politicians figured out that uninformed voters of little means are easy votes to buy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
... or the sun will rise in an easterly direction once again.
We survived zero, we can survive cancles.  This lasting damage will be the supreme court.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The mentality at the time was sovereign states. Who would think of letting idiots decide how we're governed?

Then politicians figured out that uninformed voters of little means are easy votes to buy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Senators getting elected by the general population fucked a lot of shut up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I would hope we could all agree that if you don't contribute, you have no right to direct the course of the country.
Voting yourself a larger welfare check, to be paid by those who contribute, while shaming those very individuals paying your way, is lunacy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not really a fan of tyranny myself, but that's probably just because I am overly fond of liberty and representative government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get as much representation as you earn.

No stake. No say.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Last I checked, we wrote an amendment to give women the right to vote...hence...changing the constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are millions of asshole men who are democrats also.........I blame the FSA mindset more than anything.

People with no skin in the game having a voice on how things are run and how our time and money is spent are the problem.

It can only end in disaster and that is what we are going to see occur if Hillary wins.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Agreed.

I said this a dozen years ago here and damn near got run off the board. Accused of being "racist, sexist" etc.....

My how the worm turns when people FINALLY FIGURE OUT HOW BADLY THEY HAVE BEEN FUCKED FOR SO LONG.

Welcome to the Party Pals!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Three months in 1913... Amendments 16 and 17.  Fucked up the Republic way more than the 15th or 19th.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, that is what they ran with in the final analysis and here we are.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Entire naturalization exam (not just a few random questions) for everyone at 18 and every 10 years thereafter.  No pass, no vote, no matter where you were born.
View Quote

Even that minor restriction would have done wonders toward holding the line.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#22]
well now that we've come to that conclusion, who shouldn't be allowed to vote?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.  And would have been morally defensible... unlike disenfranchising folks based on sex or ethnic background.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Since women were given the right to vote, the size (and reach) of government has increased with each generation.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd say it more simply: Women's suffrage is the core issue. There are so many wonderful female conservatives that I hate saying it, but most female voters are immune to reason and logic. Everyone I know that can't be trusted to hold a civil political discussion is a woman. They make "feels" a core political ideology.

There is nothing that can be done obviously other than to try to breed the cuntiest women out of existence.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of us here will probably be dust in the wind but in the future, with the way things are going, there will eventually be a collapse and subsequent revolution.

When that happens I don't know but if Hillary wins, it will accelerate the process and also make it inevitable.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

And the founders left a means to correct an injustice if the people of the several states decided to.

If they had felt strongly about it they should have written it into Article I and defined who could vote.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There are millions of asshole men who are democrats also.........I blame the FSA mindset more than anything.

People with no skin in the game having a voice on how things are run and how our time and money is spent are the problem.

It can only end in disaster and that is what we are going to see occur if Hillary wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right...

Yet men have very different voting patterns. Saying "yeah but not all of them" isn't exactly a useful statement.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

different symptom of the same disease.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#30]
What kind of handouts did the govt do back then?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Right...

Yet men have very different voting patterns. Saying "yeah but not all of them" isn't exactly a useful statement.
View Quote
The point is this goes beyond gender and is more insidious than just the fact that there are more asshole women voters than asshole men voters from my perspective.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Indeed.  And would have been morally defensible... unlike disenfranchising folks based on sex or ethnic background.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you notice, I said nothing about either in my op.

Only the simple preponderance of a base principle of our DoI.

No representation without taxation.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#33]
I cannot disagree with the OP.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.”

? Elmer T Peterson

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Regarding taxes, only propertied people should be able to vote on matters affecting property taxes.
View Quote

This. Why should decisions about spending my hard earned money be made by people who have no stake, pay no tax or even care about where the money is coming from.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd say it more simply: Women's suffrage is the core issue. There are so many wonderful female conservatives that I hate saying it, but most female voters are immune to reason and logic. Everyone I know that can't be trusted to hold a civil political discussion is a woman. They make "feels" a core political ideology.

There is nothing that can be done obviously other than to try to breed the cuntiest women out of existence.
View Quote

My beloved wife has stated she'd give up her right to vote for a repeal of 19th.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd say it more simply: Women's suffrage is the core issue...
View Quote

More simply it's women's rights.  Women's rights allows valuable women--value in regard to those likely to raise tax paying offspring--to have careers.  When valuable women have careers the birthrates of valuable Americans plummet.  Meanwhile women of lesser value continue with unabated birthrates.  

Ancient Rome went the same way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anybody could vote, once they met the requirements, except for women lol. it seems all of those smart bros unanimously thought it was a bad idea, and so far they've been proven correct.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
going to get hammered
View Quote

anti trump pro hillary rhetoric
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#40]
OP nailed it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#41]
The problem is land.

There is nowhere left for free people to escape to.

All governments turn to tyranny in time. Free people are migrants, because they always get outnumbered with time.

If there was a new country for us to conquer, most of us would have packed up to leave for it.

Without that, there is just too much wax for the liberty candle to keep burning.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Correct.

And the founders left a means to correct an injustice if the people of the several states decided to.

If they had felt strongly about it they should have written it into Article I and defined who could vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

They incorrectly assumed sense and intellect would carry on and didn't see the need to spell out things they thought so obvious.

Make something foolproof and only fools will use it sort of thing imho.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I cannot disagree with the OP.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.”

? Elmer T Peterson

View Quote

Yup, and we have seen variations of that collapse throughout human history.

As hard as the Founding Fathers tried to prevent that............and they did an excellent job, the time came when people just said "fuck the constitution, it is a living document to be molded in any way we see fit".

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#44]
The country was designed so that even if the people wanted it, and voted for it, it was not within the Federal governments power to grant it--THAT WAS THE DESIGN.

Trouble is, that requires people of honor and belief in the greatest country in the world, and today none of them are in government.

Universal suffrage made it easier, but it did not create the problem.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I would hope we could all agree that if you don't contribute, you have no right to direct the course of the country.
Voting yourself a larger welfare check, to be paid by those who contribute, while shaming those very individuals paying your way, is lunacy.
View Quote

Everyone (*many right-wingers) has seen the graphs for government spending pre/post female suffrage, but it doesn't hit home like the New Zealand data classifying lifetime tax burdens by gender.

Suffice it to say that a no-contribution/skin/stake = no vote law would have such disparate impact as to be pragmatically indistinguishable from a gender-based law.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OP nailed it.
View Quote

Absolutely....100%.

We are fucked because every Tom, Dick, and Harriet can vote. The biggest block of people who should not vote are those with no skin in the game...the FSA should not be allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They incorrectly assumed sense and intellect would carry on...
View Quote

It does carry on, but once a woman is freed to pursue careers other than motherhood, the birthrate of intellectuals starts a steep decline.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

My beloved wife has stated she'd give up her right to vote for a repeal of 19th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Ever notice that the universal suffrage movement coincided with the rise of Bolsheviks?

One of the tenants of theirs in Russia was that everyone would be given a say, but only on the outside.  The elites would still make the ultimate decisions but it was a way for the uniformed and feelings based people to imagine they have had some say.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top