BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.
Would someone with a 12 ga. shotgun could have helped?  It's hard to watch them being so helpless.

Only if you wanted to piss it off.

I gotta think that 12 gauge with slugs or buckshot would get its attention enough to maybe make it back-off for long enough to get her out of the water. But even if so, being realistic –– these people are ANYTHING but the type of people to actually take up arms to defend themselves.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
So the stupid bastards have absolutely nothing on hand to stop an attack by an animal clearly capable of killing some small meat sack like us?  Ahhh, they probably can't fathom their little pet darling needing to be stopped.  I would think even a good sized knife would be enough to get that thing to break off long enough to get out.  

Maybe not but that was rough to watch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
she got too comfortable around the big fish....shame

mammal
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
this video was shot shortly before the attack....doesn't look like the same pool.....its been decades since I've been to SeaWorld so I may be wrong

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c6a_1267167470
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The comments on LiveLeak are saying it's not the latest attack.

Oh, and I vote .50 BMG
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The heroism of the other trainers cannot be overstated.

Do they make tazers 20 mm for whales?
fixed

every zoo has a gun , even here it the UK , just sayin

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, here's the ARFcom question:

You are sitting in the crowd, you have your CCW piece-do you start popping rounds off at the KW to get it to stop attacking the trainer?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Amazing how agile something that big is.  Looked EXACTLY like videos of Orcas playing with seals before killing them.

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe its just me, but perhaps putting on solid black wetsuits makes them look a bit too much like seals, the killer whale's natural prey...

I'll buy that. Surprised nobody has thought of that.

I'm going to go with the fact that it's a wild animal whose instinct is to roam and own the world's ocean, not be locked in bucket and made to do circus tricks for three decades.  If someone put a human in a closet for 30 years you'd expect that person to be effing nutcase too.

/thread
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
This is why the Chinese must kill all whales !
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think it's any different than elephants getting tired of our shit and killing their trainers.  Lock some animal up for years and make it do tricks and it'll eventually get pissed off about it.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Lotta screaming going on in that vid.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You are sitting in the crowd, you have your CCW piece-do you start popping rounds off at the KW to get it to stop attacking the trainer?

LOL, nothing sea world would sue you.  Whale would get more pissed off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't believe they are going to let that thing live... anyone want to volunteer to be the next trainer?

There should be a special on whaleburgers at the Seaworld restaurant this week.

I like Seaworld but this is a major screw up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!”

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't believe they are going to let that thing live... anyone want to volunteer to be the next trainer?

Are you an F*N moron?  why would you put it down? when you can set it free and it will survive, it's killer instincts seem to be working great in this vid.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very sad, it must feel helpless fighting something that big.

That's what she said.

Sorry, I had to say it. RIP
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You sure that is the right video?  I thought there was no audience at the time, just the people in the restaurant below?

Dorsal fin is erect ... wrong whale.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Cue the "not sure if serious" pic.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
 That's one messed up whale.  It even let the trainer almost get away but then drug them back out.  

guess it tired of being cooped up in a pool
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

shoot the motherfucker

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Please tell me you are just kidding and you aren't that stupid.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Man, that took a while.

Seemed like more than enough time to try something to save her. (don't ask me what ...... my expereince with killer whales is limited).

Sad.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#25]
That is not her.That is a different attack on a man.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#26]
That whale needs a .50 to the brainpan.  There are more out there, more born every year. That one seems to revel in killing folks.  BANG.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Wrong  vid, tilikum is 3 times the size of this whale.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cue the "not sure if serious" pic.

I dunno, if I happened to be CCW-ing my 20mm chain gun at the time, I would have considered it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I had a chance to swim with a killer whale once.  I was taken to see Orca by my father when I was a kid, so I declined.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#30]
That is not a video of the recent kill.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

mammal

I know....but  I'm still calling him a fish......a Big Fucking Serial Killing FISH
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mammal

I know....but  I'm still calling him a fish......a Big Fucking Serial Killing FISH

Yeah, except he isn't a fish, he's a mammal.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#33]
What totally amzes me is... this is this SAME whales THIRD MURDER!!
thats right..little fella has done this twice before..
To even make this more rediculous..the CEO of Seaworld gave a speech the other day..
this whale is "part of the team" and will still be an "active member of the show"
Even Geraldo said the CEO was on crack.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#34]
That thing needs a .50 cal bullet in its brain.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MG42––Slayer:

He's the largest Killer Whale in captivity according to an interview with the trainer who actually trained the woman killed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#36]

And has now killed three people.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#37]

I volunteer to kill it, gotta be some tasty parts.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#38]
That is fucked up.  

The other trainers should be prepared to kill the whale in a situation like that.  And, that whale should be killed immediately.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL, nothing sea world would sue you.  Whale would get more pissed off.

You forgot to factor in a Glock 10mm.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Are you an F*N moron? why would you put it down? when you can set it free and it will survive, it's killer instincts seem to be working great in this vid.

Don't be a douche, I was stating my opinion.

First, you are assuming a great deal. You have no way of knowing whether or not a captive whale could survive after reintroduction, whether it could successfully feed itself or integrate with existing populations, whether it's existing exposure to/comfort with people would make it a danger or nuisance in the wild, etc... etc... etc... there are many variables.

Second, Killer whales aren't listed as threatened, and transporting and reintroduction would cost a buttload.

Third, it is the THIRD death this whale is involved with! OMG, how many more have to die? How freaking large a lawsuit does the next family have?

Fourth, REVENGE!

It is just common sense that you don't keep proven dangerous animals. Don't be a bleeding heart whale hugger...
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#41]
tag fur after work
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Never get out of the boat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#43]
That took a lot longer than I thought it would.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#44]
She put up a hell of a fight!
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
She put up a hell of a fight!

That wasn't her and it wasn't the attack that happened a couple weeks ago. Other posters have pointed out it's not the whale, nor is it the same trainer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#46]
1 dead seal check.
1 hungry whale check.
1 block of c-4 check.
1 blasting cap check.
2 feet of time fuze check.
1 time fuze igniter check.
1 problem solved with one problem whale check.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not sure that's the attack.  Its clearly an attack, but maybe not this one.

This vid is supposedly right before it happened.

Tank looks different in the live leak vid, as do the suits  including the suit of the girl in the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvJ850CIE8A&feature=player_embedded

It's not - fakery is afoot IMHO - the video appears to be the same featured in this earlier video posted on youtube last June http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Af67qv5Dzg

My $0.02 is that if you're going to be dumb enough to put an animal that large and potentially aggressive in a closed environment and force it to perform, you'd better expect these types of results on occasion.  And you'd better be prepared to down the animal quickly if it decides to attack.  To be totally unprepared when big beastie goes apeshit is gross negligence.  Some might say the whole idea is gross negligence from the get-go *shrug*  Some of the articles I've read on this latest attack state that this female trainer was laying down on the flat wet area they have the whales come up on and shaking her ponytail at him... probably simply a matter of his prey drive kicking in.  Play stupid games.....

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You sure that is the right video?  I thought there was no audience at the time, just the people in the restaurant below?

Depends on which version of the story Seaworld is giving.  

i dont think thats the correct video. there was a previous attack on a trainer were the whale kept running over the trainer int he water..
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#49]
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8c5_1235282814

Thank god these things don't have thumbs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure that's the attack.  Its clearly an attack, but maybe not this one.

This vid is supposedly right before it happened.

Tank looks different in the live leak vid, as do the suits  including the suit of the girl in the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvJ850CIE8A&feature=player_embedded

It's not - fakery is afoot IMHO - the video appears to be the same featured in this earlier video posted on youtube last June http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Af67qv5Dzg

My $0.02 is that if you're going to be dumb enough to put an animal that large and potentially aggressive in a closed environment and force it to perform, you'd better expect these types of results on occasion.  And you'd better be prepared to down the animal quickly if it decides to attack.  To be totally unprepared when big beastie goes apeshit is gross negligence.  Some might say the whole idea is gross negligence from the get-go *shrug*  Some of the articles I've read on this latest attack state that this female trainer was laying down on the flat wet area they have the whales come up on and shaking her ponytail at him... probably simply a matter of his prey drive kicking in.  Play stupid games.....

I disagree, I think it's ridiculous to put the animal down. It's a fucking 12,000 pound Orca. He wins, period. They know this before hand, it's not a big surprise the largest predator in the ocean, with no natural enemies, can kill a person...

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top