Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/13/2023 8:17:54 AM EDT
I can't find the thread on it, I was going to post it in there. The comments in this offer up ideas of how to answer your own door safely....which is ridiculous to even have to consider.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]
We had one arfcom member accuse the homeowner of answering the door in a criminal manner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had one arfcom member accuse the homeowner of answering the door is a criminal manner.
View Quote

There’s always one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is. Just based on many other things as well. Tag readers popping up everywhere is the latest trend I have noticed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Did the undercover FBI agents in the Churches tip off the police to this DV incident.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Communism is here, right now.

Stay alive!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Instant fix, get rid of QI.

Make them carry malpractice insurance individually.

Price cop's out of a job.

No mo po po.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been saying it for a while.   We live in a more colorful analogue of East Germany.

ETA: how is that for post 38000!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Mods refused to apply the CoC in the last one... would be surprised to see this one get locked.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I tried to stay objective and did my own research on this incident. Turns out, yeah, they straight up murdered an innocent man for answering his door. I would like the police to show the body camera footage.

For complete screw up like this last result in the murder of innocent people, the LEOs should get life in prison. If the cop who “killed” GF did, these guys should too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Dental plans attract the best people
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We had one arfcom member accuse the homeowner of answering the door in a criminal manner.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dental plans attract the best people
View Quote

Theres a reason why some jobs pay the same a janitors.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There’s always one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had one arfcom member accuse the homeowner of answering the door is a criminal manner.

There’s always one.

*atleast...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not surprised at all.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#17]
You’re not wrong, and that’s not the only example of why.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#18]
The Leftists absolute salivate over stories like this. And yes, it is a police state right now. I trust the police around here, but not the feds.

GBB
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Did they shoot the wrong dog too?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, been that way for a while.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Cops,  maybe we would be better without them having qualified immunity.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have been saying it for a while.   We live in a more colorful analogue of East Germany.

ETA: how is that for post 38000!!!
View Quote

Depressing!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Leftists absolute salivate over stories like this. And yes, it is a police state right now. I trust the police around here, but not the feds.

GBB
View Quote

COVID proved the whole just following orders thing will be the excuse for everything. This has proved to be true from COVID on through to Uvalde.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suppose that would be anything other than bow and grovel
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I am actually pro cop but I am also pro accountability. We seem to be in a national shortage of the latter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't trust anyone with the "authority" to end my life.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was groveling in a criminal manner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m going to suggest it has more to do with poor training and the idiots in charge of the ROE than an abundance of bad officers.

Sure..there are shitbag, JBT’s with badges but when an entire squad/group of officers all conduct themselves in the same manner. Time after time..it’s training.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#29]
If I didn't call them, I'm not answering the door.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am actually pro cop but I am also pro accountability. We seem to be in a national shortage of the latter.
View Quote

A lot of people, like myself, were pro cop until COVID. Now, it is like we don’t even have a 1st or 4th amendment. FBI investigating parent as domestic terrorists and such
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A lot of people, like myself, were pro cop until COVID. Now, it is like we don’t even have a 1st or 4th amendment. FBI investigating parent as domestic terrorists and such
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's not forget taking a knee with BLM, allowing them to loot and destroy and protecting them. Unforgivable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Someone clever and well financed needs to ask the Supreme Court to revisit reconsider the ruling which created qualified immunity.

That whole "if it hasn't already happened it doesn't count" opinion (oversimplified, I know) needs a fresh set of aging, Supreme Court Justice eyes on it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I didn't call them, I'm not answering the door.
View Quote
This is what bothers me the most. We are Americans with God given rights to protect and live on our own property. In no free America should we have to choose to not open the door worried we may be gunned down.
Quoted:

A lot of people, like myself, were pro cop until COVID. Now, it is like we don't even have a 1st or 4th amendment. FBI investigating parent as domestic terrorists and such
View Quote
There are still some good ones. We have several here in the forums and I know a few I trust my life to. Unfortunately we have some really really bad ones and I blame leadership....not the idiots still wet behind the ears.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Weaponized Dee Ohh Jay and other agencies.  Weaponized tack collectors (they're after the middle class, not the rich), govt. propaganda (legalized under Bath House Barry (but be careful as the search engines make it difficult to find)).  

Beria, Dzersinsky and Markus Wolf would be proud.

They want a war we can lose so the Constitution is abandoned.  That was the plan when She Wasn't Supposed to Lose lost.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm a cop and I know better than to answer the door with an exposed firearm.

View Quote
How about an exposed dag?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  Arresting Pastors for not obeying Covid "rules" while not even wearing gloves or masks did it for me.

They would literally shoot your babies if ordered to do so.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#38]
It sure is
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Having lived outside the US for a number of years now, whenever I am back in the US it surprises me how often I see people pulled over by the police. Knowing how each of those encounters could excalate into a life-threatening situation, it really shows how accustomed we Americans have become to intrusions by the state into our lives.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Dave’s not here man..
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Who opens the door without looking outside or demanding them to announce who they are?

Sounds like stupid met Darwin, but we won’t know until OP posts the video so we don’t have to guess who is in the right.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Brought to you by the GOP & Bush who pushed for NSA spying on citizens, overreach by DHS for and many other three letter agencies for "terrorism" to be handed over on a gold platter to Obama/Dems, programs prevented from being sunsetted by Ted Cruz and conservatives after even Obama weaponized the IRS against the Tea Party because muh securitah!, and even reauthorized by Trump in an omnibus bill after being spied on as a candidate.

Ron Paul was right! And only someone of his caliber will fix it.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#43]
What reasonable man opens his door to armed men in the middle of the night?

What reasonable person opens his door to anyone knocking in the middle of the night?

Do what you want, but it could be a scared woman knocking with 3-4 guys hiding out of sight with guns ready to kill you as soon as that door gets unlocked. I would at least attempt to see who is outside first. Even with a gun, standing in an open doorway is terrible tactics.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What reasonable person opens his door to anyone knocking in the middle of the night?
View Quote
This is why a roof hatch is a good idea to rain answers down on suspects at the door.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. The boot-licking was strong in that thread.

I eventually just left before I drew a Ban.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe.

But being shot for it seems excessive.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#47]
You cant even ride your mini bike around the hood on Easter morning these days

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm a cop and I know better than to answer the door with an exposed firearm.

View Quote

Why? Because of situations like this?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Put all those cops in prison, the body camera footage would have already been out if it wasn't damning.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
GheyBB
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top