Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It would depend entirely on your activity and goals.  Typically you'd want personal equipment and sustainment items like spare clothes, wet/cold weather gear, shelter, water/water purification and food.  You'll need whatever tactical equipment and gear the mission requires.  You'll want first aid/trauma supplies, etc.

Here is a basic packing list for a PLDC type course for NCOs:

https://212xer2b32i62d5br9bdl3jf-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/b1_2547.gif

If you use military gear, your pack will get heavy fast.

Here is a list of gear carried by a woman who thru-hiked the entire Adirondack Trail. She carries 3-4 days worth of food and refills in towns along the way.  Her packweight is 26lbs before food/water.  Her total carried load is ~40 lbs.

If you use modern, civilian outdoor gear you can get your packweight very low and still live comfortable. That means you have more weight to spare for your Hawaiian shirts, nightvision, krab, nut coal, or whatever else you need to tote that is boogaloo specific.
View Quote
Just to put this out there, because a ton of packs,gear,weights and applications are discussed in an evolving thread.
Arfcom Bug out bags

Hope it helps for when packs are used outside of lugging dand bags and plates
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How do you like it? I have a large ALICE Ruck that needs a new frame. Been thinking of doing the FILBE build for it.
View Quote
It works well for me. No complaints
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you use MOLLE 2 shoulder straps for it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you like it? I have a large ALICE Ruck that needs a new frame. Been thinking of doing the FILBE build for it.
It works well for me. No complaints
Can you use MOLLE 2 shoulder straps for it?
I'm not sure.

@AnyOfTheMarinesWeHikeWith

Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Look, I'm Army... MOLLE is what I know. FILBE is foreign to me. But frames are under $15 right now.
View Quote
No joke, as I started hiking guys would either offer suggestions or I'd ask for them.

This pack is good get this.
If you're getting hiking boots get this or this
Get this tape for blisters

So I've kinda learned stuff but mostly I just took advice.

I CAN say I have cool pioneer ideas though
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered MOLLE straps and kidney belt today. I already have an ALICE frame and pack at the house.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No joke, as I started hiking guys would either offer suggestions or I'd ask for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look, I'm Army... MOLLE is what I know. FILBE is foreign to me. But frames are under $15 right now.

I learned a lot about ruck setups last weekend at the Bushnell Elite Tactical Sniper Challenge match. A lot of Mystery Ranch gear, and what looked like FILBE builds with these weird side supports. Eberlestock. And then yours truly with his LAPG 3 day pack. People were more than happy to share information about their setups and why they used what they did, as well as lessons of "I thought this would work for this match, but for reasons XYZ I re-organized..."
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Is there a good reason NOT to get one of those "MALICE" packs in the ebay link a ways back?  It seems most are saying ALICE frame with a MOLLE pack is the way to go, but is there something "bad" about the opposite?  I know nothing about rucking, I've done mine with just a basic backpack so far (and my shoulders are still crying)
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It would depend entirely on your activity and goals.  Typically you'd want personal equipment and sustainment items like spare clothes, wet/cold weather gear, shelter, water/water purification and food.  You'll need whatever tactical equipment and gear the mission requires.  You'll want first aid/trauma supplies, etc.

https://212xer2b32i62d5br9bdl3jf-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/b1_2547.gif

Here is a list of gear carried by a woman who thru-hiked the entire Adirondack Trail. She carries 3-4 days worth of food and refills in towns along the way.  Her packweight is 26lbs before food/water.  Her total carried load is ~40 lbs.

If you use modern, civilian outdoor gear you can get your packweight very low and still live comfortable. That means you have more weight to spare for your Hawaiian shirts, nightvision, krab, nut coal, or whatever else you need to tote that is boogaloo specific.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there like an official boogaloo/shtf QRF type packing list for a ruck?

Last two hikes, I've used the 3 day get home bag I keep in my truck.  w/o water, it sits at 30 pounds, so I add in a few ammo pouches and I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there a good reason NOT to get one of those "MALICE" packs in the ebay link a ways back?  It seems most are saying ALICE frame with a MOLLE pack is the way to go, but is there something "bad" about the opposite?  I know nothing about rucking, I've done mine with just a basic backpack so far (and my shoulders are still crying)
View Quote
Honestly, I still do most my rucking, including 100lbs of gear jumps, with an oldschool large ALICE I have had since I was a private in 2003.

There are a lot of good bags out there. Some of them folks swear by, and others hate. Some of them ride excellent with armor, while others do not.

How is that for an unhelpful answer?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Honestly, I still do most my rucking, including 100lbs of gear jumps, with an oldschool large ALICE I have had since I was a private in 2003.

There are a lot of good bags out there. Some of them folks swear by, and others hate. Some of them ride excellent with armor, while others do not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My ALICE frame I've had since the early 1980s when I was in Boy Scouts.  Used it through 8 years of that, then 12 years of Army.

I use the ALICE frame, large ALICE pack, MOLLE shoulder straps (with sternum strap) and hip belt, MOLLE sleeping bag carrier.  It's quite comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Would yall consider the MALICE setup or just a straight MOLLE 2 everything better?  The pure MOLLE is slightly cheaper, but not terribly much so if there's advantage to the ALICE rucksack.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Bad. Ass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Looking good
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#19]
That looks pretty awesome so far.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Any other reading suggestions? I’ve got some traveling to do next week and will have a lot of time to read. Kindle editions preferred.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#21]
This is cool.

And I just got a new avatar...

@paspeedmaster to the white courtesy phone... lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#23]
I dig it mucho
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Looking good!

I really like the logo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Niooce....
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is cool.

And I just got a new avatar...

@paspeedmaster to the white courtesy phone... lol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122594/Pioneer_Corp_JPG-1292939.JPG
View Quote
I have escaped the basement for a few days. Pshops  will be delayed
@SCW
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Now, where do I get a sticker of the logo?

Actually, serious question- I assume that's copyrighted, assuming the idea would fly at all, what would be involved in getting clearance to have some cut locally?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually, serious question- I assume that's copyrighted, assuming the idea would fly at all, what would be involved in getting clearance to have some cut locally?
View Quote
Standby. May sell some to raise money for organization.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#31]
We're going to need a dedicated forum on here before long.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, please!

Also, t-shirts would be cool.  It'd be nice to have an APC-branded moisture wicking t-shirt to change in to after completing a ruck.  Especially if we're going out for lunch or drinks after each event.  it'd be a great recruitment tool.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any other reading suggestions? I’ve got some traveling to do next week and will have a lot of time to read. Kindle editions preferred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/professional-reading/
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Better hit up a staff member...
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I would say the forum needs to be on the AMERICAN PIONEER CORPS web site.   NOT on arfcom.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would say the forum needs to be on the AMERICAN PIONEER CORPS web site.   NOT on arfcom.....
View Quote
Yep.

Not that Ben & company need more to do, but do we really want an APC forum that exists at the mercy of Brownells? I'd rather wait or have no forum at all than have one that some suit could decide to pull the plug on at a whim.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe we already have a private forum.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe we already have a private forum.  
View Quote
First rule of Pioneer club....never talk about Pioneer club......
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

First rule of Pioneer club....never talk about Pioneer club......
View Quote
Ima take this 35lb shovel out of my pack and smack you silly for that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#40]
For anyone in California following this thread, we're going to have our first Battle Buddies hike in San Diego County tomorrow.  If anyone is interested, check out the thread in the hometown forum and post and/or PM me.  It'll be an open carry hike.  If someone decides they want to come at the last minute, the relevant info needed to meet us is in the thread.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
So now that I've earned my piss cutter (sincerely, thank you - I'm honored)..

Have I earned the ability to put this in my sigline?

Support #NBB and Virginia:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/nbb-hiking-club-support
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You could have had that in your sigline all along!
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then, why didn't you say something sooner? My unnoticed-to-me GSL did...  

Seriously though, I believe in earning the right to say/ do/ represent something.  You all have created an amazing thing, and co-opting isn't my forte.  I'm just honored to be offered the opportunity and be able to participate in part to something special, and be accepted in doing so.  Thank you for that.  (I try not to overstep bounds, unless it comes to politicians/ wanna be tyrants/ unconstitutional laws - then all bets are off).
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#44]
sigline test
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#45]
so what happens when you only have 2 hikers? I hiked 6.2 miles today with a 63 pound pack with Extrabonez in 1 hour 46 minutes , I believe our average was 17 minute miles.  I know alot of cola bros and one thing they will tell you is that I am about as honest and straight shooter as a person can get. we hope to have more bodies as time goes on but if not it is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm trying to convince my wife to join, even if it's so that we only have 1 other person, it would at least count for them. Once everyone is healthy we shouldn't have a problem with meeting the 3 people, but we had a few that were sick and couldn't get there. I also have a non arfcom friend that is down, but was on call today.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm trying to convince my wife to join, even if it's so that we only have 1 other person, it would at least count for them. Once everyone is healthy we shouldn't have a problem with meeting the 3 people, but we had a few that were sick and couldn't get there. I also have a non arfcom friend that is down, but was on call today.
View Quote
@Extrabonez
If you wanna have your wife talk to mine, PM me.

In the past month, mine has gone from the to joining us in demonstrating against bloomturd at his own rally, picking out her own uppers for me to build, signing up for the warfighter challenge in Montana, hiking with the NBB crew (at Manassas, as her first), and now, apparently, Cola Warrior.  (she's from MA too).

She's found it enlightening and empowering.  More women need to join our ranks.  It sends a fantastic message, results in great optics, and it really just empowers the ladies and lets them know that what they're thinking/ feeling is normal and accepted.  Ask her to just try it.  She'll love it.

Again, PM me if you want her to have a 1:1 with my wife.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
so what happens when you only have 2 hikers? I hiked 6.2 miles today with a 63 pound pack with Extrabonez in 1 hour 46 minutes , I believe our average was 17 minute miles.  I know alot of cola bros and one thing they will tell you is that I am about as honest and straight shooter as a person can get. we hope to have more bodies as time goes on but if not it is what it is.
View Quote
I’m sure Ben will chime in, but the biggest reason for having a couple of hikers validate your hike isn’t at all because people associated with Battle Buddies shouldn’t be trusted.  It’s simply because it forces you to spread the word, proselytize the good news of the Pioneer Corp.

It’s really easy to get out and hike or even find a few family members that also will do it with you.  But showing off that you’re out hiking, shooting and spreading the Gospel of Pioneer Corp, that’s tough.  At least for most of us it is, that’s exactly why it’s a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I’m sure Ben will chime in, but the biggest reason for having a couple of hikers validate your hike isn’t at all because people associated with Battle Buddies shouldn’t be trusted.  It’s simply because it forces you to spread the word, proselytize the good news of the Pioneer Corp.

It’s really easy to get out and hike or even find a few family members that also will do it with you.  But showing off that you’re out hiking, shooting and spreading the Gospel of Pioneer Corp, that’s tough.  At least for most of us it is, that’s exactly why it’s a good idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm  less then 6 months new to this area and literally know nobody.  My life experiences make me a more of a watch from the shadows type of individual. I hope that shot goes down in Montana as I would like to meet you in person.  No I won't be bringing you Twinkies fat body lol.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm  less then 6 months new to this area and literally know nobody.  My life experiences make me a more of a watch from the shadows type of individual. I hope that shot goes down in Montana as I would like to meet you in person.  No I won't be bringing you Twinkies fat body lol.
View Quote
Lol

I’m an engineer because I hate peoples and calculators are easy, so I get you.  Where in ID are you?  Three of my four grandparents were in the Twin Falls area, I’ve got a chubby cousin or two that could use some hikes in their lives.

In case it helps, we did our first Utah Battle Buddies hike today.  Two of the guys drove nearly 4 hours to get to it.

Do what you can to find the local Arfcommers at the least.  Get the normies outside of Arfcom if you have to, I already have a few locals that are ready to do a 6 mile hike with us locally, so my son and I should have my second qualifying hike in a couple of weeks.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top