How many would he kill?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
All of them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Go get a can out of your fridge & compare.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go get a can out of your fridge & compare.
View Quote

That watermark, lol...

...but really
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw the docementary with some bride.

RNC or similar will drop him like a big sack of taters.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
He was the brute squad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
He's not used to only fighting one guy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]
He'd be interesting, that's for sure.

Usually big slow guys don't do well in MMA.  He could be an edge case where sheer physicality could make up for a lot, but the truth is a rear naked choke would take him down as easily as anyone else.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#10]
He specializes in groups
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The dread pirate Roberts took him down
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Usually big slow guys don't do well in MMA.  He could be an edge case where sheer physicality could make up for a lot, but the truth is a rear naked choke would take him down as easily as anyone else.
View Quote

True but how many can hold their choke hold when he and his 520 pounds fall back on you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
In this thread we learn who doesn’t understand combat sports. I think it’s safe to say that 9/10 guys in the UFC would murder him with the 1/10 being just one off lucky shots or situations where he got on top and smother tapped someone. Realistically the dude was just big, not skilled, which only gets you so far. It’s like everyone forgets what happened in the early days of mma when there were no weight classes and virtually no rules.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

True but how many can hold their choke hold when he and his 520 pounds fall back on you.
View Quote

All 520 pounds landing on you upper torso. Minimally your rib cage is crushed and a punctured lung
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
He was at least 7 feet tall and 500 lbs (depending on what part of his career).

You would need a large man just to get him into a rear naked choke.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He was at least 7 feet tall and 500 lbs (depending on what part of his career).

You would need a large man just to get him into a rear naked choke.
View Quote

No, you would need someone capable of delivering kicks over time that make it impossible for him to stand (which is a staple of MMA now).
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I hear his farts were epic.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are weight limits for a reason. I suspect he could really hurt someone trying to choke him, like break the guys arm or dislocate it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#20]
The Princess Bride (4/12) Movie CLIP - Dream of Large Women (1987) HD
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Opp, didn't we already go through this with Brock Lesnar?

Quoted:
In this thread we learn who doesn’t understand combat sports. I think it’s safe to say that 9/10 guys in the UFC would murder him with the 1/10 being just one off lucky shots or situations where he got on top and smother tapped someone. Realistically the dude was just big, not skilled, which only gets you so far. It’s like everyone forgets what happened in the early days of mma when there were no weight classes and virtually no rules.
View Quote

Exactly. A skilled middle weight would piece him up, let alone a heavy weight. Andre was awesome at what he did but he was slow and lived in pain. Brute force doesn't always prevail when you're fighting skill.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#22]
No rules would certainly change the game. If the man got you down and his hands around your throat I think it would lights out quickly.
If he was on top and started laying down punches and hammer fists I would imagine your facial structure would crumble.

Your only savior might be that most of the really large MMA guys get winded quickly so I would think he would be no different.
To stay alive it would be about chopping at his legs because most people are not going to have the reach to land shots on his face when upright.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think an MMA fighter would have near as easy time as some of you think.  Andre trained as a professional wrestler in Paris before someone saw him and introduced him to TV wrasslin.
Also, his brute strength was legendary, everyone, even the big guys were nervous being in the ring with him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
as in automobile engines and midcap wimmen, there's no replacement for displacement.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#25]
All it would take is just for him to grab his apponent. It would be all over then. All that dancing and throwing punches and kicks does you no good when he grabs you or hits you ONCE.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
That did work out well for the Dread Pirate Wesley.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Size does not always equal power. Emmanuel Yarbrough  was the largest athlete ever to compete in MMA, and his first bout was more or less David vs. Goliath. Keith Hackney, roughly one third his size, broke his hand trying to hit him, and even though he won it looked like he was trying to beat up a pile of bricks like in Street Fighter II.

I would love to see it, but I wouldn't make any predictions.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Biggest threesome evar!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Don Frye would knock him out in the 1st.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#30]
No rules? If he can grab you, you're dead.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't think an MMA fighter would have near as easy time as some of you think.  Andre trained as a professional wrestler in Paris before someone saw him and introduced him to TV wrasslin.
Also, his brute strength was legendary, everyone, even the big guys were nervous being in the ring with him.
View Quote

Yeah they were. Because he was 50 beers deep and they didn’t know if he would be able to perform, or just crush them.

Wrestling is fake. Sorry to break it to some of you…..  Goldberg was hated because he allegedly thought it was real, and actually hurt a lot of people…..
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How many would he kill?
View Quote
How many Wesleys does he fight?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to live in a few miles from him in NC in the early 90’s.  I saw him riding a three wheeler one time along his fence line by the road, he was huge and made that three wheeler look like a little clown trike.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I think it would probably end like the “mountain” vs oberyn in game of thrones . Someone will post the vid hopefully .
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He specializes in groups
View Quote

Battling gangs for local charities.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No rules? If he can grab you, you're dead.
View Quote

That's all it would take

Two hands around your neck and it's over pretty quick
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#38]
7 foot tall and over 540 pounds, certainly not the best fighter in the world but he sure was a world-class drinker:

156 beers (16 ounces each) in one day
119 twelve ounce beers in six hours
5 bottles of wine at one dinner
A case of wine (12 bottles) in three hours
40 vodka tonics in one night

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All of them.
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

9/10 heavyweights, sure. There are weight classes for a reason… size means a lot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#42]
He would hold the MMA guy down and fart in his face.
DONE!
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#43]
ATG on his knees would be as tall as his opponent but would have much greater reach.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

9/10 heavyweights, sure. There are weight classes for a reason… size means a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the early days of the UFC there were no weight classes. 170 Gracie won in competitions featuring 360 pound fighters. And they fought multiple fights a night
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In the early days of the UFC there were no weight classes. 170 Gracie won in competitions featuring 360 pound fighters. And they fought multiple fights a night
View Quote

I’m aware. I’m a purple belt in BJJ, I’ve been training MMA for 6 years now.

Andre the Giant was 7’4” 540lbs. Size and weight absolutely matters.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are weight classes for people who know how to fight in a certain discipline. Wrastlin is very physical but also very staged and designed for show.  I acknowledge that there are elements of fighting in there, and the dudes are tough, but it’s show.

Grappling aside, a kick to a knee would end this very quickly.

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Op said no rules. Andre could kill someone if he got a hold of them. Gracie would not have the strength to make Andre tap from a submission. Do you really think a 170 pound man is going to keep a lock in without Andre overpowering them and breaking the hood? If Andre stood there and let a man chop his legs all day, sure, it may go bad for Andre. But a no rules fight ends with Andre winning 9 out of 10 times if anyone gets up on him to be grabbed. Even with pro wrestling being fake, Andre knew how to man handle a person. He was not the same as the fat guys in the early ufc days
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
ATG on his knees would be as tall as his opponent but would have much greater reach.
View Quote

Stefan Struve is 7’ tall. I don’t know what Andres reach was but I’d say they would have been comparable.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Op said no rules. Andre could kill someone if he got a hold of them. Gracie would not have the strength to make Andre tap from a submission. Do you really think a 170 pound man is going to keep a lock in without Andre overpowering them and breaking the hood? If Andre stood there and let a man chop his legs all day, sure, it may go bad for Andre. But a no rules fight ends with Andre winning 9 out of 10 times if anyone gets up on him to be grabbed. Even with pro wrestling being fake, Andre knew how to man handle a person. He was not the same as the fat guys in the early ufc days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Andre was a professional wrestling “actor” with less training that the early UFC competitors. He wouldn’t have made it to the finals of UFC 1
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#50]
My strategy would be: don't get hit, chop him down like a tree ...

The ground game I'd play by ear but honestly I'd rather gtfo of there. Pissed off giant!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top