BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my ever growing box o' things tried, and then ditched...lies a couple of Magpul AFGs.

I hate them.  There are many AR Barbie parts I hate, and nobody, especially the mfr of said shitty parts; cares what I think.

I need to sell a mystery box of AR parts on Ebay.

Oh, and your rant sucks
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Angled grips have their place.  I like mine.  You can laugh all you want.
View Quote
Damn that's awesome. 4" barrel?

Please post a pic with the brace folded
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Debating AFGs? Did we go back to 2012?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Magpul AFG2 works perfectly for me on extended rails    Grips, fore Grips, stocks ..... are extremely personal as to what works for who. Just because it doesn't work for you does not mean it's garbage     There are plenty of real deal peeps running Magpul AFGs and liking them
View Quote
Not a real deal peep, but I love the Magpul AFG as well.  Fits my hand and is extremely comfy.  Not sure what else to ask for.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
4.5"

Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try the test I outlined in my OP. Look at your hand to wrist relationship. Feel what having your wrist in the neutral position feels like. Then grip your AFG2. Notice how much past neutral you have to twist your wrist. Notice how having your wrist in that postion feels. Tolerable, yes. As good as having your wrist relaxed in the neutral postion, no way.

AFG2's, FUG's, etc. all feel "great" until you try something with the proper grip shape and grip angle.

When you see someone using a vertical foregrip with his index and second fingers on the forend and his ring and little finger on the vertical grip, what you are witnessing is someone trying to create a grip style that puts his wrist in a comfortable neutral position. An angled grip at a steep enough angle just makes that easier and more comfortable.
View Quote
You shut your whore mouth! lol jk

rifles by Shift_Six, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Love it! Will be doing something very similar ASAP!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Some shooters use a grip where the leading hand has the thumb side of the hand toward the shooter's face.  This is different than the traditional rifle grip on the forend.  The advantage of this grip is that it "unwinds" the bones in the forearm so there is less stress in the forearm.  The old shutzen rifles used to have a ball like device mounted under the forend for this reason.  The less stress, the less movement.  For precision shooting this grip is very useful, but the grip needs to go traditional for very fast target engagements.

Shooting a few targets offhand at distance is where this grip shines....fast engagements, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.5"
http://i.imgur.com/Mvw4ZbO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xhSRugq.jpg
I am trying to figure out how to get the IMI mounted to my subgun, a Stemple/Burgess SW76.
If you are familiar at all with those guns they need a magwell grip.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the Magpul afg. I also don't Costa C clamp though
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#11]
The angle of the dangle of the grip is up for debate by the ATF. So maybe it's not as simple as making it comfortable.  
https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.princelaw.com/2017/08/03/breaking-news-atf-to-issue-two-monumental-determinations/amp/
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#13]
As far we know, the most comfortable wrist angle is inversely proportional to the angle of how your dick hangs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
OP only likes the dick shaped ones
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That AFG is also backwards. Love the 45 offset sights on a rifle with a fixed FSB and 1x dot. A rear BUIS wouldn't have worked.
View Quote
I tried google searching for one set up like I described in my post, but came across that pic instead. It was just too full of fail. That backward AFG just seemed perfect for the level of Derp I was trying to convey. The angled sights with a fixed FSB and red dot were just icing on the cake. You should see some of the set ups that come into the shop from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
@cochraneap

May I have the name of this build, or the parts you put together please?  I have been starting to look into the 22 realm over the past 2-3 days (newbie), and this seems exactly what was in my head.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@cochraneap

May I have the name of this build, or the parts you put together please?  I have been starting to look into the 22 realm over the past 2-3 days (newbie), and this seems exactly what was in my head.
View Quote
Upper is a Joe Bob's Spartan side charging non reciprocating (manufactured by NFA, they also make the side chargers sold by Gibbz and a few others)
4.5" barrel with KAK micro slimline flash can
LFA Armory 4.5" keymod freefloat handguard, Guntec micro QD sling mount, AIM Sports keymod covers
Strike Industries LINK 6 slot rail section, IMI Defense FSG-2 grip
optic is a Sightmark Wolverine CSR

@sycotik1
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I prefer a hockey puck screwed to the forend.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What optic is that?
View Quote
Burris AR-F3 with the burris sun shade I believe
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top