BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One other thing I need to get off my chest.

The 'Diet scene'.

Any government stupid enough to allow a FULLY ARMED herald of a war God of another world to publicly testify in their governmental chambers is simply too stupid to live. The black fabric wrap around that axe wouldn't fool anybody.

If Rory had started chopping up people in there it would have been one briefly satisfying moment of revenge on the part of the writer. And a bundle of problems that he could not have 'written his way out of.'
View Quote

I mean, who hasn't wanted to see their government officials get eradicated by a Gothic Lolita at one point or another?
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I mean, who hasn't wanted to see their government officials get eradicated by a Gothic Lolita at one point or another?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 'Diet scene'.

Any government stupid enough to allow a FULLY ARMED herald of a war God of another world to publicly testify in their governmental chambers is simply too stupid to live. The black fabric wrap around that axe wouldn't fool anybody.

If Rory had started chopping up people in there it would have been one briefly satisfying moment of revenge on the part of the writer. And a bundle of problems that he could not have 'written his way out of.'

So did just finish Gate like an hour ago with my partner.

I can only get her to watch anime if there is killing (or tanks, apparently) . ??????

But, yeah. As part of her job when we met was explaining to Congress why 08's budget was what it was, and "no", she can't tell them everything as the room is full of traitors. Suffice it to say, she wanted Rory to go to work as well. Lol!
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The series was written by a member of the JSDF.
He self published the story online, which was picked up by a publishing company.
The publisher had the author tone down the series significantly to be 'less right wing' in order to be published.
When the anime was being done, the light novel had to be toned down again in order to be used.

Watch "Rory's introduction scene", which is about 9-minutes into episode 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26bZwW6BFg
Compare it to the same scene in the light novel.
Click To View Spoiler
Imagine if they even tried to animate that in full.

He regularly makes the political leaders in the series look incompetent, greedy, self-serving, or just utterly spineless.
The "Japanese Diet Scene" probably didn't help any.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovD2S2wIxg
He makes the military, which in Japan is usually seen as a disaster relief organization, actually do military things like invasions and battles.
The second episode has the JSDF killing >50k people, unrepentantly, without even a hint of the "Gee-golly-gosh, I wonder why we're fighting this pointless war" bullshit.
Not to mention the series' portrayal of the media & press...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Feel free to post an answer in the anime thread if you want.

He self published the story online, which was picked up by a publishing company.
The publisher had the author tone down the series significantly to be 'less right wing' in order to be published.
When the anime was being done, the light novel had to be toned down again in order to be used.

Click To View Spoiler

He regularly makes the political leaders in the series look incompetent, greedy, self-serving, or just utterly spineless.
He makes the military, which in Japan is usually seen as a disaster relief organization, actually do military things like invasions and battles.
The second episode has the JSDF killing >50k people, unrepentantly, without even a hint of the "Gee-golly-gosh, I wonder why we're fighting this pointless war" bullshit.

Japan: where showing pre-teen girls getting gang-raped is kosher, but showing politicians and the media in a bad light is a no-no.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
But I have seen great success recently. For some reason.

I made her watch shit when we first met. Then like 10 years of nope. Now she's up for it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can only get her to watch anime if there is killing (or tanks, apparently) . ??????

But, yeah. As part of her job when we met was explaining to Congress why 08's budget was what it was, and "no", she can't tell them everything as the room is full of traitors. Suffice it to say, she wanted Rory to go to work as well. Lol!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 'Diet scene'.

Combined with the fact that she is now on the wrong side of 35. And looking to make partner at her firm in the next 3 months. And a Vet.

And STILL gets the "who is the little kid" treatment when she shows up to a meeting with a new client.

??????
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I suppose my point there is simply...

Don't do such a thing by half measures.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

HEAVY BREATHING

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
And here I am... shit posting while playing Warzone... seeing if I can get #1 again without killing.

THE RULES DO NOT REQUIRE YOU KILL EVERYONE THEY SIMPLY REQUIRE THAT YOU DON'T DIE

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice

Face creeps me out.

But let's be honest.

None of us intend on keeping eye contact.

The whole thing is an illusion.

https://d3ieicw58ybon5.cloudfront.net/ex/315.420/u/90797814135e49f68a55913f23f5c020.jpg

Bags of sand...

Well that explains why the image looked more like a CGI rendering than a photo

There's a reason most cross dressers didn't really try to look the part very hard before the age of Photoshop
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And here I am... shit posting while playing Warzone... seeing if I can get #1 again without killing.

THE RULES DO NOT REQUIRE YOU KILL EVERYONE THEY SIMPLY REQUIRE THAT YOU DON'T DIE

View Quote

Thats how I've won 2 of them. I've had a few where the only kill I've gotten was the last opponent as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Japan: where showing pre-teen girls getting gang-raped is kosher, but showing politicians and the media in a bad light is a no-no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Feel free to post an answer in the anime thread if you want.

Click To View Spoiler

Well maybe when pre-teen girls run the government there, they'll get to make the rules
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

same goes for hunterxhunter

im almost certain he has gender issues
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which author?
The one for Gate, or the one for OreImo?

Gate.

But probably also writers in general.

same goes for hunterxhunter

im almost certain he has gender issues

Traps are nothing new, but Hunter has multiple characters that have the physical appearance of girls, dress like girls, are voiced by girls, but their gender is never clearly defined and you'd have to do a google search to find out they are actually males.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Traps are nothing new, but Hunter has multiple characters that have the physical appearance of girls, dress like girls, are voiced by girls, but their gender is never clearly defined and you'd have to do a google search to find out they are actually males.
View Quote

that and well Kite is female now.

it makes sense story wise but still odd.

i can tell you that "insert 'one does not simply' meme here" makes all these ambiguous characters completely for no reason.

i mean there is just to many of them, i mean, List, Kurapika, Alluka, Kalluto, and probably more i cant think of.

plus the guy who writes is near clinical, no joke.

poor thing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

i can tell you that "insert 'one does not simply' meme here" makes all these ambiguous characters completely for no reason.

i mean there is just to many of them, i mean, List, Kurapika, Alluka, Kalluto, and probably more i cant think of.

poor thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

poor thing.

I remember googling if Alluka was male or female and I discovered not only was Alluka supposedly a guy, but Kalluto was as well. I had watched the entire series and it never even entered my mind that Kalluto might not be a girl.

I get traps.  Get the audience thinking "aw, what a cute girl" before you pull "haha, you thought a guy was a cute girl."  But if you never let the audience know it's a guy you gotta ask what was the point in making a guy look, dress, act, and sound like a girl?

And then of course there is Hisoka's apparent pedophilia played off as a sit-com joke.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#19]
The SKS has been found!

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But if you never let the audience know it's a guy you gotta ask what was the point in making a guy look, dress, act, and sound like a girl?
View Quote

The greatest question for sure.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#23]
no

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Socks huh? Thot the saying went: if balls dont touch it aint gay
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#26]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Anime name?
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Anime name?
View All Quotes

I have no idea.

Just stumbled upon it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#30]
well I tried to make a comedy thread and people lost their mind and I even got accused of being a pedo,  I guess I'll just have to keep my comedy and my jokes to myself
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
well I tried to make a comedy thread and people lost their mind and I even got accused of being a pedo,  I guess I'll just have to keep my comedy and my jokes to myself
View Quote

I mean.

I'm glad I got a couple shitposts in there before the lock down.

But really. How did you think that was gonna go?
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I mean.

View Quote

I thought our time would appreciate some good jokes

I just can't win, I don't know whatever the hell other people want
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean.

Weebs will always be outcasts. That's our lot in life
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well... 2 things.

One you can't know what people what. You can know what an individual wants. But people in general? That's a nebulous thing at best.

Secondly, more importantly. Remember your audience on this site. Practically everyone here is on a 2 ounce trigger with about an eighth of a millimeter of travel.

And related to RandomGuy's post. This site is largely made up of self identified Hank Hill types. They don't approve of Bobby Hill style shenanigans.

Attachment Attached File

Or really anyone's shenanigans come to think of it. Except for Eesmith punching Antifa types in the face. Something they don't have the courage or time off from work to do.

Tempted to post an image of Hank's beef packed colon. But I don't see the need to.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haters gonna hate. I wouldn't take it too seriously, it's just GD after all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Haters gonna hate. I wouldn't take it too seriously, it's just GD after all.
View Quote

Yeah but well when I'm accused of being a pedo well that really grinds my gears.

All because of just these two images
Eta,  got an account warning for the first picture I guess it is a bit much mild rope tying

I guess people just have poor visual processing skills
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Meh.

I've never understood the calling someone a pedo aspect of it.

But I don't let it get to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
what did i miss
View Quote

Just this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah but well when I'm accused of being a pedo well that really grinds my gears.

All because of just these two images
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/391660/l9bp5sbfop341-1512036.png

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/391660/meepEg5-1512037.jpg

I guess people just have poor visual processing skills
View Quote

I hear you...some people just have preconceived notions about things and are always looking for evidence to back their oftentimes false beliefs.

We know you you're no pedo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what did i miss

Just this.

I was about to milkteamomoko all over that thread. So, probably better it got locked.

For my sake.

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Edit: NVM. Link posted.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was about to milkteamomoko all over that thread. So, probably better it got locked.

For my sake.

View Quote

At least I wouldn't have been caught off guard this time
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#44]
To a weeb those are two pretty milk toast gay and trap jokes. I don’t think calling someone a pedo should be taken lightly, people on here love to let it fly. I have been pretty conservative about the memes I post even in this thread because I don’t want any drama.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For my sake.

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem is you got out of the boat, never get out of the boat.

I got the jokes. But then again I don't judge others. I take things for what they are.

You'll see the same tripe in other "sin" culture threads with topics like vaping, goth, and boogaloo.

Some people just have go out of their way to disparage something they don't understand or like.

Shake it off. Ain't nothing but a thing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
To a weeb those are two pretty milk toast gay and trap jokes. I don’t think calling someone a pedo should be taken lightly, people on here love to let it fly. I have been pretty conservative about the memes I post even in this thread because I don’t want any drama.
View Quote

Man, I posted a pic in the OFFENSIVE JOKE THREAD that led to about three pages of pedo accusations.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Man, I posted a pic in the OFFENSIVE JOKE THREAD that led to about three pages of pedo accusations.
View Quote
You probably forgot to append #no_pedo at the end.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You probably forgot to append #no_pedo at the end.
View Quote

Everybody knows that lolis only get head pats.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top