Quoted:  Until, they're not.
GayJay
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well no shit.

Guess what every 320 sold today is just like that and if someone has the older design that they haven't sent in then they are dumbasses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well no shit.

Guess what every 320 sold today is just like that and if someone has the older design that they haven't sent in then they are dumbasses.

500,000 guns. They should do a recall
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Never understood the fixation on these fake American “SIG” models when there is so much noise around their quality and there are so many other choices in hand guns.

You can get a real European HK or CZ for under $500 now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Show me the cheap P320s for sale plz.
View Quote

Idk what they cost new but AIM has em for 400, if that's what you consider cheap enough.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  I keep one loaded in my nightstand. Still no big bada-boom.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
why the fuck would you take it out of the holster while your taking a shit?

...bet a PMAG the dude finger fucked the trigger and had an accidental discharge and is now blaming the gun.
View Quote

Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Arfcom assured me the gun is perfectly safe and it must be the owner making a mistake.
View Quote

When someone is actively manipulating the firearm and it goes off, I’m going to lean towards operator error as just a general guideline.

I handload.  If my gun blows up, I’m going to lean towards it being the handloads.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Then what's happening?

Why isn't this phenomenon happening to JSOC guys? Or SF guys carrying them? Or JTF-2?

I can go on and on. I know what the issues are and it isn't with the gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or people pulling or interacting with the trigger.

Of course, that’s what’s happening in some instances. But not all.

Then what's happening?

Why isn't this phenomenon happening to JSOC guys? Or SF guys carrying them? Or JTF-2?

It’s a platform being issued and used worldwide and I only hear about issues within my own community, LE
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well no shit.

LOL

How many potential kabooms are still floating around? I bet a lot more.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It’s a platform being issued and used worldwide and I only hear about issues within my own community, LE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or people pulling or interacting with the trigger.

Of course, that’s what’s happening in some instances. But not all.

Then what's happening?

Weird! Isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LOL

View Quote
This isn't a Glock thread, or even an XM17 thread, it's an Sig thread.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Don't care.

How many guys raking SIG over the coal for not issuing a "recall", but fixing them, carry Glocks? The Glock who did absolutely zero to fix their issues for a whole generation of guns.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Has SIG Sauer, Inc lost a customer?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has SIG Sauer, Inc lost a customer?
View Quote

They ate too much curry and got the blowouts and are too incapacitated and confused to know for sure quite yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can't accidentally forget your gun on the terlet paper dispenser if you don't unholster it first.

If these P320's are that unstable why hasn't every agency yanked them?
View Quote
Havent been on Aimsruplus in a while eh?

320's X-carrys and other 320 PD issue are flooding the market at like $369

They are being dumped like crazy by alot of departments.

Ofc someone will be along to tell me THEIR departments had 40,000 all working perfectly, but still
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Don't care.

How many guys raking SIG over the coal for not issuing a "recall", but fixing them, carry Glocks? The Glock who did absolutely zero to fix their issues for a whole generation of guns.
View Quote

I'm guessing most gun owners these days don't even know about those issues from 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.
View Quote
How many are kept in a safe chambered?

Also its not by themselves its usually contact, or impact, forces of physics causing the FP to drop
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ofc someone will be along to tell me THEIR departments had 40,000 all working perfectly, but still
View Quote

I guess you don't know that agencies trading in perfectly fine guns is how it goes.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Also its not by themselves its usually contact, or impact, forces of physics causing the FP to drop
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.

Again, how is this not happening to the various SOF units that carry them around the world. Do they not do hard physical things while carrying a loaded sidearm? Such as fast roping, CQB, banging them around on various vehicles, cruising around on dirt bikes and SxS? Let's not forget the round count that they put through them.

Or is that your typical beat cop is doing so much more physical things, in harsher environments and higher round counts?

It's got to be the latter! ??
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
i finally get the joke.
'school resource officer' and then 'sig p320'. it's because normal leos are too afraid to address a school shooting, so they buy guns that shoot themselves since obviously the officers can't.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
My agency trades in guns roughly every 5 years. This time we went from the P320 to the P320 X Carry Pro with Romeo 2s. No guns have went off on their own yet
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't care.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Don't care.

It's just almost completely irrelevant to the discussion though.

I'm not convinced that there is an issue with current Sigs other than holster issues or straight up NDs until I see real proof of it.  But the constant "well Glock" just looks like some serious deflection though.

Im just looking at this academically. No skin in the game.

ETA:  are there any reports of "Kabooms" with SFOD .40 Glocks?  If not I guess it never happened then.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Could also be the extra wide opening in light bearing holsters allowing stuff to get inside the trigger guard,  much like thumb breaks did on glocks a generation ago.
View Quote

SOF guys use the same Safailands.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Sig India trash. Not even gonna bother reading the multi-pages of Sig Apologist bullshit that invades these threads.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Again, how is this not happening to the various SOF units that carry them around the world. Do they not do hard physical things while carrying a loaded sidearm? Such as fast roping, CQB, banging them around on various vehicles, cruising around on dirt bikes and SxS? Let's not forget the round count that they put through them.

Or is that your typical beat cop is doing so much more physical things, in harsher environments and higher round counts?

View Quote

Answered on page four. Different guns.

When gun manufacturer Sig Sauer was about to land a massive deal in 2016 to supply the US Army with a new pistol, the military made a disturbing discovery during testing. If dropped at a certain angle, the gun would go off by itself. The company won the deal last year anyway, then fixed the guns before shipping them.

The Army’s apparent endorsement helped make a nearly identical Sig Sauer pistol, the P320, a popular choice for police departments and the general public. But for several months, the company sold its commercial version of the gun without the fix it had made for the military, a CNN investigation has found.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Shitty Indian Guns
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

SOF guys use the same Safailands.
View Quote
Are their guns 100% COTS like you would get from Bud's or somewhere?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't accidentally forget your gun on the terlet paper dispenser if you don't unholster it first.

If these P320's are that unstable why hasn't every agency yanked them?

So why is there Glock PD trade ins?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sig India trash. Not even gonna bother reading the multi-pages of Sig Apologist bullshit that invades these threads.
View Quote

Noted by the guy with Glock in his username.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When gun manufacturer Sig Sauer was about to land a massive deal in 2016 to supply the US Army with a new pistol, the military made a disturbing discovery during testing. If dropped at a certain angle, the gun would go off by itself. The company won the deal last year anyway, then fixed the guns before shipping them.

The Army’s apparent endorsement helped make a nearly identical Sig Sauer pistol, the P320, a popular choice for police departments and the general public. But for several months, the company sold its commercial version of the gun without the fix it had made for the military, a CNN investigation has found.
View Quote

Again, you're talking about guns made 7-8 years ago.

Current production guns have had the fix since August of 2017.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My 320 Hindu nothin’!

View Quote

Gold.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m talking about 500,000 guns that would fire when bumped or dropped, which were never recalled.

You can keep pretending those guns don’t exist if it makes you feel better about Sig.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’m talking about 500,000 guns that would fire when bumped or dropped, which were never recalled.

You can keep pretending those guns don’t exist if it makes you feel better about Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know how many have been fixed?

ETA... anything made past 8/2017 does not have the drop issue.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Sig knows how many they fixed. Others may have been without Sigs involvement.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged

Mfer pulled the trigger

View Quote

Did he go ahead and poop, then tell someone?

Did he hold it until after?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/P320-M17-M18-Military-Photos/14-207589/?fvx=1
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged

Mfer pulled the trigger

View Quote

Let's be honest, it is probably the most he ever shot that gun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Arfcom assured me the gun is perfectly safe and it must be the owner making a mistake.
View Quote

The dude pulled his gun out of his holster in the shitter and you think the gun malfunctioned instead of he negligently pulled the trigger
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/P320-M17-M18-Military-Photos/14-207589/?fvx=1

Lol
Attachment Attached File

And here is a link to the img I was referencing:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_3010_jpeg-3155189.JPG

Adding: here is a link to the thread, post #25
OMG I also like Glock pistols too!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine, in my flimsy nightstand, which gets jostled everytime the cat jumps on it. Never goes off. Because the whole issue is scapegoating.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Manipulation is not always present, motion of the firearm, even when it's holstered is present.  So what is relationship between motion/momentum and the P320 internals that cause it to go off on its own?
View Quote
Something pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Feel free to demonstrate the failure and then sit the stand for every LEO who desk pops his 320.

The military isn’t having issues. The LEO community is.
View Quote

Most of the military doesn’t take them out of the arms room.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Most of the military doesn’t take them out of the arms room.
View Quote

The USAF has them on every Security Forces member in the service, if posted they have an M18.  I work with the folks daily.  

The things that GD thinks vs the things that are actually going on....
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#46]
If I ever need to buy a new dryer and my old one still tumbles, I'll toss one of my P320s in there with a primed case chambered.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm a Sig fan boy and I believe it's user error and not a gun issue.
But as far as your argument you keep making goes I believe the military uses a different model with a thumb safety so the comparison is moot since its different models. The special units you keep referring to are considered secret squirrel units and aren't going to delve into gear, problems with gear, mission screw ups, etc. And last but not least it's the Federal government full of King's Men who will lie or omit the truth if ordered to.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I stopped reading at "removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I stopped reading at "removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged"

Came here to say that
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure SOF unit guys have ND's. Unless it causes something catastrophic like a service member death you wouldn't hear about it. Because the SOF guy would never tell anyone. And his buddies won't either. Because Navy SEAL's are far too good and well trained to have ND's.

Edit: You could say the same for pretty much all combat troops if they like the guy. "If anyone asks just say it was the Afghans."
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, I'm a Sig fan boy and I believe it's user error and not a gun issue.
But as far as your argument you keep making goes I believe the military uses a different model with a thumb safety so the comparison is moot since its different models. The special units you keep referring to are considered secret squirrel units and aren't going to delve into gear, problems with gear, mission screw ups, etc. And last but not least it's the Federal government full of King's Men who will lie or omit the truth if ordered to.
View Quote

The units I'm talking about don't use the thumb safety model.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top