Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:35:13 PM EDT
Where was the GOP's 100 day plan to stop Obama?

The plan:

1) Launching a massive effort in Wisconsin to derail Trump. Cruz along with his new campaign helpers Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney are already on it and sending most of their campaign staff there.

2) A 100-day multi-million dollar ad campaign and coordinated effort that will last into the summer to chip away enough delegates in New York and other big states

3) Go delegate-by-delegate to convince them that Trump is a bad choice for the general election

4) If all else fails, launch a 3rd party ticket led by Tom Coburn to make sure that Trump does not win the general election

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=1

Republican leaders adamantly opposed to Donald J. Trump’s candidacy are preparing a 100-day campaign to deny him the presidential nomination, starting with an aggressive battle in Wisconsin’s April 5 primary and extending into the summer, with a delegate-by-delegate lobbying effort that would cast Mr. Trump as a calamitous choice for the general election.

Recognizing that Mr. Trump has seized a formidable advantage in the race, they say that an effort to block him would rely on an array of desperation measures, the political equivalent of guerrilla fighting.

There is no longer room for error or delay, the anti-Trump forces say, and without a flawlessly executed plan of attack, he could well become unstoppable.

But should that effort falter, leading conservatives are prepared to field an independent candidate in the general election, to defend Republican principles and offer traditional conservatives an alternative to Mr. Trump’s hard-edged populism. They described their plans in interviews after Mr. Trump’s victories last Tuesday in Florida and three other states.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
it will mean the end of the GOP.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
its a con-spiracy, they want you to vote for him
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there any better endorsement for Trump than these absolute pieces of human refuse wanting to stop him?

TRUMP2016!
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The one good thing about the GOPe is that they're inept morons.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it will mean the end of the OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
What is very likely to happen is that if they try this there will be enough crossover votes from disgusted and disenfranchised Dems and independents so that Trump wins anyway.

It seems the more the mainstream of BOTH parties goes after him the stronger he gets.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]

For Half a Billion dollars, I would sell these douche-commandos my 10 point plan on how to defeat Trump.

Nothing like corporate welfare raiders ripping off/separating  stupid rich donors  from their money.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#9]
If only they had fought the Democrats for the past 20+ years with such zeal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]

You know what?

Those guys are scared shitless.

They are scared that the FIRST thing Trump will do to make America great again is to send every single one of those cocksuckers right to fuckin' jail where they belong!

Along with a lot of members of the DNC.

Both sides are terrified of him and probably with good reason.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

So will a Trump victory.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

And if so, would you actually miss the GOP we have now?
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You know what?

They are scared that the FIRST thing Trump will do to make America great again is to send every single one of those cocksuckers right to fuckin' jail where they belong!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You know what?

Piccolo...you surprise me.  How exactly would a POTUS send anyone to jail?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is very likely to happen is that if they try this there will be enough crossover votes from disgusted and disenfranchised Dems and independents so that Trump wins anyway.

It seems the more the mainstream of BOTH parties goes after him the stronger he gets.

View Quote

You're a funny guy.   And I think you'd be cool to hang out with.

But holy shit man.   Put down the crack pipe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And why is that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

You'll have shown the progressive movement that you can manipulate the Republican party into electing a liberal with literally nothing more than loud noises and booger jokes.

It doesn't really matter.  It's not like the Republicans aren't already electing, or at least trying to elect progressives, anyway.

It will be a clear sign that there is no hope of ever electing anyone even remotely conservative, ever.

We've finally reached the point where the bottom of the barrel of the Republican party has switched from grudgingly voting for people who support assault weapons bans to enthusiastically supporting them.

It's a magical time.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You'll have shown the progressive movement that you can manipulate the Republican party into electing a liberal with literally nothing more than loud noises and booger jokes.

It doesn't really matter.  It's not like the Republicans aren't already electing, or at least trying to elect progressives, anyway.

It will be a clear sign that there is no hope of ever electing anyone even remotely conservative, ever.

We've finally reached the point where the bottom of the barrel of the Republican party has switched from grudgingly voting for people who support assault weapons bans to enthusiastically supporting them.

It's a magical time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

It's a magical time.

Trump has come out strong for things that Conservatives want done including the protecting the 2nd Amendment.
Your attempt to demonize him because he hasn't lived his whole life as a hardcore ideolog shows how out of touch you are with how a great many people  look at life.

If anything the GOPe who has constantly run on conservative ideas and and never fought for them deserves to be destroyed and thankfully we can deal a blow to them by winning in November with Trump.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#17]
If the rnc did not want trump. Why was he allowed to run as a republican.

Why are they televising their plans?

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were so arrogant to think they would easily be able to stop him a long time ago. They were thinking he would be gone by December.

These are the same people who thought their big money effort to foist Jeb on us would work
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#20]
no

TRUMP 2016 and beyond

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#21]
If only the GOP had put this much trouble into fighting Obama...
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:48:07 AM EDT
[#22]
If they cared half this much about spending, Obama care, etc, they wouldn't have this problem
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Trump has come out strong for things that Conservatives want done including the protecting the 2nd Amendment.

Your attempt to demonize him because he hasn't lived his whole life as a hardcore ideolog shows how out of touch you are with how a great many people  look at life.

If anything the GOPe who has constantly run on conservative ideas and and never fought for them deserves to be destroyed and thankfully we can deal a blow to them by winning in November with Trump.
View Quote

A great many people live their lives as useful idiots for anyone who screams the right loud noises into their ear.

Electing Trump will demonstrate just how willing you people are to support things like assault weapons bans and making deals with people like Pelosi and Reid as long as they shout fourth grade reading level nonsense at you.

You want to destroy the GOP?  That's fine.  

It's going to be hard work pretending you like what replaces it.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's a magical time.

View Quote

Trump is going to take the guns!
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Trumptards are best 'tards.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
And why is that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

I would miss my 2nd Amendment.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

Trump is going to take the guns!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#28]

How fucked up have things gotten when I'm arguing against people trying to burn down the Republican party?

I mean seriously...

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:59:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

How fucked up have things gotten when I'm arguing against people trying to burn down the Republican party?

I mean seriously...

View Quote

Mobys. Especially America_180 and his mini-me, Gym.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where was the GOP's 100 day plan to stop Obama?

The plan:

1) Launching a massive effort in Wisconsin to derail Trump. Cruz along with his new campaign helpers Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney are already on it and sending most of their campaign staff there.

2) A 100-day multi-million dollar ad campaign and coordinated effort that will last into the summer to chip away enough delegates in New York and other big states

3) Go delegate-by-delegate to convince them that Trump is a bad choice for the general election

4) If all else fails, launch a 3rd party ticket led by Tom Coburn to make sure that Trump does not win the general election

http://i.imgur.com/3l4phbu.jpg?1

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=1

Republican leaders adamantly opposed to Donald J. Trump’s candidacy are preparing a 100-day campaign to deny him the presidential nomination, starting with an aggressive battle in Wisconsin’s April 5 primary and extending into the summer, with a delegate-by-delegate lobbying effort that would cast Mr. Trump as a calamitous choice for the general election.

Recognizing that Mr. Trump has seized a formidable advantage in the race, they say that an effort to block him would rely on an array of desperation measures, the political equivalent of guerrilla fighting.

There is no longer room for error or delay, the anti-Trump forces say, and without a flawlessly executed plan of attack, he could well become unstoppable.

But should that effort falter, leading conservatives are prepared to field an independent candidate in the general election, to defend Republican principles and offer traditional conservatives an alternative to Mr. Trump’s hard-edged populism. They described their plans in interviews after Mr. Trump’s victories last Tuesday in Florida and three other states.
View Quote

Gawddam, those are some repulsive looking mofos. I guess the old saw is true: DC is the Hollywood for ugly people. And to the topic, I think the GOP leadership already know their party is dead and they are pulling out all the stops to retain a modicum of power and influence. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

Why do you think Trump will destroy the 2nd amendment? He is releasing a list of 10 justices that he will pick from if he wins. He vowed to pick only from that list and they all are going to be the most vetted conservative judges

His sons are big time gun and AR15 guys, involved heavily in the gun community, active shooters, and likely are the ones advising him on his 2nd amendment policy

Do you think that Trump is so idealogically opposed to guns because he made a simple remark 16 years ago?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:02:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If only they had fought the Democrats for the past 20+ years with such zeal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:04:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obama is on their team.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just the GOP.

Potentially 15-25 million angry people that feel like democracy has ended in America...  that isn't just going to go away or be channeled into anything other than disaster for the current order of things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean seriously...

Yup.
What a different place GD would be without these liberal trolls.

The OP has been incessantly spamming this board for several months.
If he was starting Paul threads he would have been banned long ago.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A great many people live their lives as useful idiots for anyone who screams the right loud noises into their ear.

Electing Trump will demonstrate just how willing you people are to support things like assault weapons bans and making deals with people like Pelosi and Reid as long as they shout fourth grade reading level nonsense at you.

Good luck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.

I don't know why you claim that I am willing to support assault weapons bans; I am supporting Trump and he is running a pro-2ndAmendment campaign.
Trump made reference to his willingness to work with members of congress, including the opposition, to get things done which is something that every presidential candidate ever has run on. The difference with Trump is that he has a focus on getting good deals done where as the GOPe works with the opposition to get bad deals done and Obama doesn't work with anyone at all and just issues unconstitutional orders. Sounds like Trump is the style we want in that area.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You know what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You know what?

In all honesty, I can't see Trump being able to do very much once in office because "his own party" won't support him, even holding both the house and senate.  They will gridlock him on virtually everything, and carry on sending their bills to him that do what they want,  veto be damned.   Electing him will be a strong rebuke of the GOP and the DNC, no doubt, but he will have to be actively supporting and pulling in his own candidates for the mid-terms to even have a shot at making anything happen, and that will be tough.   When the entire legislative branch sets out to blockade the executive, it will be nasty.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#38]
If they do all this, we will not see another Republican president in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

<insert grumpy cat GOOD meme> here

They need to clean house almost as much as the democrat party.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In all honesty, I can't see Trump being able to do very much once in office because "his own party" won't support him, even holding both the house and senate.  They will gridlock him on virtually everything, and carry on sending their bills to him that do what they want,  veto be damned.   Electing him will be a strong rebuke of the GOP and the DNC, no doubt, but he will have to be actively supporting and pulling in his own candidates for the mid-terms to even have a shot at making anything happen, and that will be tough.   When the entire legislative branch sets out to blockade the executive, it will be nasty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what?

I don't think it will be tough at all. Just take a little longer to clean house.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:25:42 AM EDT
[#41]
OP crying about the convention already.  Paid shill he is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

More than likely they seriously underestimated people's complete disgust with the Republican party in general and thought that there was no way Trump would get anywhere near the support he has.  In the last twenty years or so the republican party seems to have completely lost touch with and so badly misread their base that they look like a ship of fools.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why do you think Trump will destroy the 2nd amendment? He is releasing a list of 10 justices that he will pick from if he wins. He vowed to pick only from that list and they all are going to be the most vetted conservative judges

His sons are big time gun and AR15 guys, involved heavily in the gun community, active shooters, and likely are the ones advising him on his 2nd amendment policy

Do you think that Trump is so idealogically opposed to guns because he made a simple remark 16 years ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

Don't waste your time. They are trolls.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I don't know why you claim that I am willing to support assault weapons bans; I am supporting Trump and he is running a pro-2ndAmendment campaign.

Trump made reference to his willingness to work with members of congress, including the opposition, to get things done which is something that every presidential candidate ever has run on. The difference with Trump is that he has a focus on getting good deals done where as the GOPe works with the opposition to get bad deals done and Obama doesn't work with anyone at all and just issues unconstitutional orders. Sounds like Trump is the style we want in that area.

View Quote

There's your problem right there.

Just because some progressive shitstain screams loud noises into your ear doesn't mean they're true.  

Just look at the policy pages your fellow travelers like to tout.  

He is campaigning on the status quo, with maybe some universal background checks thrown in.  Exactly what the democrats are currently demanding and exactly what the progressive republicans are willing to sacrifice.

If you're that willing to make deals with the democrats, why don't you just vote for the fucking democrats?

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto.  

We live in a fake democracy where the oligarchy owns the players and puts on a puppet show for the people to let them think they are in charge.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So will a Trump victory.

And why is that?

I agree with this.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there any better endorsement for Trump than these absolute pieces of human refuse wanting to stop him?

TRUMP2016!
View Quote

Democrats, Chinese Communists, Soros, BLM, feminist groups, et cetera all hate ISIS; maybe we should support them, because they're hated?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You know what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You know what?

Lol, I'm terrified of him, because he's basically been starring in and creating campaign ads for Clinton.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#49]
"Steal"
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:42:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what?

I have 3 letters that say you're wrong.

D

O

J

Do you honestly believe that any of the 535 clowns trying to rule us are free of criminal behavior?  I don't.

I'm pretty certain that they can get with Trump's plan or plan for an extended stay at the Greybar Hotel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top