Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a nightmare about this last night.

I didn't read this thread or even see it.
Really weird / strange coincidence.

In the dream I was out back working in the lawn and I saw a massive bald eagle up in one of the trees, had to have been a  8 ft wingspan maybe more.

I came back inside to check on the dog and the eagle in the meantime had jumped through the open window and grabbed hold of my dog.
Dog was screaming and yelping and all ripped up.

Then I woke up.   Weird fking dream. Especially since I've never seen an eagle around these parts. only hawks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to wonder how effective any of those would really be.
View Quote

Against a hoot owl or Red Tail hawk, mmm Plausable.

Against a full grown Eagle?    Hell no.    It’s just a homing beacon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In the dream I was out back working in the lawn and I saw a massive bald eagle up in one of the trees, had to have been a  8 ft wingspan maybe more.

I came back inside to check on the dog and the eagle in the meantime had jumped through the open window and grabbed hold of my dog.

Then I woke up.   Weird fking dream. Especially since I've never seen an eagle around these parts. only hawks.
View Quote

T’was a sign as sure as any.    Whip out the CC and Order one asafp!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new Iron Dome for bald eagles is due out any day. I'd wait until it gets reviewed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Occasionally I'll take snakes out for some sun & slither time on the lawn.  I make sure to stay very close to the smaller ones since the hawks have shown a lot of interest in them.

One hawk gave a twelve foot 100 pound retic a close look.  That would not have ended well for the bird.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, I'm laughing at the self imposed white people problems in today's world.

Raptor spikes on an accessory pet is so white it should be line dancing and named "Karen Spikes".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF. they are racists?
No, I'm laughing at the self imposed white people problems in today's world.

Raptor spikes on an accessory pet is so white it should be line dancing and named "Karen Spikes".

If we ever meet up, the beer is on me. That is hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Occasionally I'll take snakes out for some sun & slither time on the lawn.  I make sure to stay very close to the smaller ones since the hawks have shown a lot of interest in them.

One hawk gave a twelve foot 100 pound retic a close look.  That would not have ended well for the bird.
View Quote

Wouldn't even take a retic to do that.

The 'tic would squeeze the hawk's guts out its butt though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Whole lot more likely to be great horned owls than eagles...especially bald eagles. GHOs eat things very similar in size to cats(lile skunks) and are found within territory of eagles. Bald eagles eat more fish than anything.

Some of the cats could be eagle victims but not all, or even most.
View Quote

There’s a ton around here and they’re always picking off ducks and random rodents. Most of their diet here is going to be fish though, so haven’t really had an issue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Be pretty funny to watch someone put that onto a cat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wouldn't even take a retic to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV0cMf61urs

The 'tic would squeeze the hawk's guts out its butt though.
View Quote

Yeah you're not getting a meal like that away from a 'tic.

IDK if the bull snake would have been able to eat that hawk, it looks a little big.  The bull would have killed it though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah you're not getting a meal like that away from a 'tic.

IDK if the bull snake would have been able to eat that hawk, it looks a little big.  The bull would have killed it though.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm sure the hawk wanted a meal and grabbed wrong, then got lucky with the humans who found it.

I've handled retics well under 100 pounds, and a Burmese slightly over. I definitely wouldn't want to try fighting one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Owls like to grab critters by the head. Ask my son's one eyed Boston that managed to fight free and break a hip on landing. That little bugger cost me more than the first car I got my son.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Owls like to grab critters by the head. Ask my son's one eyed Boston that managed to fight free and break a hip on landing. That little bugger cost me more than the first car I got my son.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I die I want to come back as one of your dogs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Last beagle we had was tied in to the local eagle/hawk radar net.  Want to know if they are close by, try and get her to go outside.   If the hawks were out, she would go out and do her business but only if you watching her. I am pretty sure she was confident they could not take her but wanted backup in case one came after her.   If the eagles were in the area she would hold it and look at you as if you were insane when you were trying to put her out.

Not sure if she heard them or smelled them or what but if she was skittish you could go out and look around and eventually find them.  I liked the hawks.  Just after dawn you would watch them take snakes, lizards and squirrels in the yard.  I never saw the eagles do anything other than eat road kill but the buzzards seemed to have respect and wait around until the eagles were finished.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Poor Boston. At least he had some fight in him.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Last beagle we had was tied in to the local eagle/hawk radar net.  Want to know if they are close by, try and get her to go outside.   If the hawks were out, she would go out and do her business but only if you watching her. I am pretty sure she was confident they could not take her but wanted backup in case one came after her.   If the eagles were in the area she would hold it and look at you as if you were insane when you were trying to put her out.

Not sure if she heard them or smelled them or what but if she was skittish you could go out and look around and eventually find them.  I liked the hawks.  Just after dawn you would watch them take snakes, lizards and squirrels in the yard.  I never saw the eagles do anything other than eat road kill but the buzzards seemed to have respect and wait around until the eagles were finished.
View Quote

Despite not always being very bright chickens are quite hawk aware. It's funny to watch them run for cover when one comes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Owls too.  We have a 6 lbs Yorkie and owls stop hooting when I let him out at night.  I don't knownwhat means in owl speak, but I assume they are thinking about eating him.

He's got a big brother that keeps them away though.  

While I know he'd lose, that little bastard would give 'em hell before he eventually became a meal.  I've had several breeds of dog, and I gotta say, the Yorkie might be my favorite (I'm shocked to actually say that).
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I mean, that’s crazy but awesome.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was mostly raised with the rottie in my avatar and an even larger GSD/mastiff mix. The Boston grew up thinking he was one of the badasses.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Nobody:

Pet Owner: How do I make my beagle more metal?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top