Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
No, I'm an adult and I own page two.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]
My son used to play.

Then he realized there are only so many times you can skydive out of a bus to shoot a bunch of ball-joke spewing teenagers and neckbeards.

Never spent a time on Vbucks for that crap game.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PM me if you’d ever like to squad up.

@jm0502
What kind of crates?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

You’d be surprised.

Many of my friends on Fortnite are between 40-60yrs old. STW is more for adults. It’s too mission focused for kids, generally speaking. There are a few exceptions of some kids I help though.

The wife & I play together. Our groups are almost always full with other adults.

Started on BR, then focused on STW, hit PL131 & in S10 I bounced back & forth when they announced BR skins were going to be available in STW.
View Quote
Can someone translate this for me?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Fortnite looks too silly and dumb, and it never appealed to me.  I've never played it, and I don't feel any interest in trying.

Apex Legends is pretty darned fun, and it's free too.  I'm not very good at it, but occasionally I can feel like a badass.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We even have an ARFCOM PUBG mobile clan.
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’d be surprised.

Many of my friends on Fortnite are between 40-60yrs old. STW  Save the World, which Fortnite is based on and is a goal oriented game is more for adults. It’s too mission focused for kids, generally speaking. There are a few exceptions of some kids I help though.

The wife person I live with possibly a female but I am not sure because most chicks dont dig guys who play games & I play together. Our groups are almost always full with other adults.

Started on BR battle royale games where a certain amount of people are dropped onto a location and the last one standing wins, then focused on STW Save the World (see above), hit PL131 the highest level in save the world & in S10 season 10 of fortnite, the split a few weeks into various seasons with themes, I bounced back & forth when they announced BR battle royale (see above) skins character costumes were going to be available in STW save the world (see above).
@gotguns

See quote

Its clear gtfoxy is a hardcore gamer and spends a lot of time each week playing video games.

Many of my friends on Fortnite are between 40-60yrs old. STW  Save the World, which Fortnite is based on and is a goal oriented game is more for adults. It’s too mission focused for kids, generally speaking. There are a few exceptions of some kids I help though.

The wife person I live with possibly a female but I am not sure because most chicks dont dig guys who play games & I play together. Our groups are almost always full with other adults.

Started on BR battle royale games where a certain amount of people are dropped onto a location and the last one standing wins, then focused on STW Save the World (see above), hit PL131 the highest level in save the world & in S10 season 10 of fortnite, they split a few weeks into various seasons with themes, I bounced back & forth when they announced BR battle royale (see above) skins character costumes you pay real money for were going to be available in STW save the world (see above).
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We had just gotten into STW when Fortnitmares was out, didn't finish everything, but got most of the main weapons, Just not the Jacko & digger. Season notes are saying the Digger will be back again.

Frostnight was fun. Completed everything but the 130 wave challenge. It was awesome they brought out a re-skin of Striker with the Queen, (best outlander at the time), remember going into missions where everyone was either him or her, then they went & changed everything. Now I don't even use Striker or her anymore. But Arch. Jess is awesome fun now. Best overall OL IMO. I have three builds with her depending on mission & level. Her with the Rockin out buffs & the right support make her insane fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Update is out. 16.5G's, wow.

BR: Island is completely revamped, new weapons & many changes to gameplay. The boats are wicked fun.

STW: Some minor changes, some that sound not so good. Gas traps sound nerfed BIG time. They better not screw with jail cell builds. Hopefully Fortnitemares is as fun as last year. Looking forward to taking on the King for the new weapons. Skin & weapons wraps updates through the season episode.
Fortnitemares was pretty meh, usual search and find missions if i recall. Horde bash and frostknight is where its at.
We had just gotten into STW when Fortnitmares was out, didn't finish everything, but got most of the main weapons, Just not the Jacko & digger. Season notes are saying the Digger will be back again.

Frostnight was fun. Completed everything but the 130 wave challenge. It was awesome they brought out a re-skin of Striker with the Queen, (best outlander at the time), remember going into missions where everyone was either him or her, then they went & changed everything. Now I don't even use Striker or her anymore. But Arch. Jess is awesome fun now. Best overall OL IMO. I have three builds with her depending on mission & level. Her with the Rockin out buffs & the right support make her insane fun.
We beat the 130 frostnight and it was the best challenge of STW. Super fun trying different builds. As far as outlanders... ive got no use for them and run slmostly soldiers or a constructor from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL - the mother of all FPNIs
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only people who play Fortine are 12 year old girls,
View Quote
Yet the Fortnite world champion is a boy who won $3 million a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’d be surprised.

Many of my friends on Fortnite are between 40-60yrs old. STW is more for adults. It’s too mission focused for kids, generally speaking. There are a few exceptions of some kids I help though.

The wife & I play together. Our groups are almost always full with other adults.

Started on BR, then focused on STW, hit PL131 & in S10 I bounced back & forth when they announced BR skins were going to be available in STW.
He said only kids play, Which for Battle Royal is very true, but not necessarily.

Save the World is an entirely different aspect of the game. It is a combination of many game aspects. You carry your own weapons, create your own soldier builds with perks you choose. You have specific weapons, traps & game strategies that are mission & modifier specific.

Most of my friends on the game are professional adults: Examples; one is an Oncologist in FL, Another is an Astronomer in MI, Husband & wife couple own & manage a Restaurant in IN, etc... I do have kids that I help through story progression & Storm Shield Defenses, but for the most part kids do not have the attention span or attention to detail to be really good at Save the World. As you advance in STW you work to increase your Power Level (PL) & 131 is max, So I am at the upper echelon of STW. You have to be a certain PL to enter higher level missions. Higher level missions are harder & give higher rewards.

Quoted:
Quoted:

@gotguns

See quote

Its clear gtfoxy is a hardcore gamer and spends a lot of time each week playing video games.

Started on BR battle royale games where a certain amount of people are dropped onto a location and the last one standing wins, then focused on STW Save the World (see above), hit PL131 the highest level in save the world & in S10 season 10 of fortnite, they split a few weeks into various seasons with themes, I bounced back & forth when they announced BR battle royale (see above) skins character costumes you pay real money for were going to be available in STW save the world (see above).
Spot on, except my wife & I do play together. We've always had VG's in common, way back to NES days.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I play, mostly with my 9 yr old son. Fun times together, when we are in the house and not at the ball field or outside.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We beat the 130 frostnight and it was the best challenge of STW. Super fun trying different builds. As far as outlanders... ive got no use for them and run slmostly soldiers or a constructor from time to time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BR: Island is completely revamped, new weapons & many changes to gameplay. The boats are wicked fun.

STW: Some minor changes, some that sound not so good. Gas traps sound nerfed BIG time. They better not screw with jail cell builds. Hopefully Fortnitemares is as fun as last year. Looking forward to taking on the King for the new weapons. Skin & weapons wraps updates through the season episode.
Fortnitemares was pretty meh, usual search and find missions if i recall. Horde bash and frostknight is where its at.

@Biscuit42
Awesome. We weren't high enough at the time to complete it. Came close.

If you have Arch. Jess you need to try her with a paleo build for farming!

What's your favorite Soldier? I ran Sledgehammer for the longest time. Since the Pulsar came out Shrapnel HH is my usual go to.

Add: Constructors were never my bag, now I use them quite often, especially in RtD's, Jail cells of course, if you are familiar.

Did you complete the endurance challenge in Twine?
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread is increasingly beginning to sound like Fortnite game chat.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Wish I had time to sit down and play games for hours on end..........
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]
My buddies & I play a more than we should if you ever wanna squad up let me know. what system you play on.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This update wait sucks!

Trailer leaked looks pretty awesome though.
View Quote
Nope. I’m not 12

Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only people who play Fortine are 12 year old girls,
View Quote
FPNI, end thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.

Squad with a group you know/communicate with is excellent fun.
View Quote
I want to play Squad so bad, but I don't want to have to wait an hour and a half to get into a match to do it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I was reading about Fortnite yesterday and I'm so out of the loop.

Kept seeing references to "a new map" and how the "old map" was removed.

Map? Don't you mean Map(s)?

After reading further I find that Fortnite seriously has ONE map. It's big but everyone plays on the same exact map for months at a time.

That whole concept just seems completely foreign to me coming from a background of online FPS shooters with dozens of maps of all types, terrains, architecture, weather, etc..

Playing on one big map for months at a time just seems so repetitive. What happens if you hate the new map? There was always maps I both loved and completely hated/avoided on old FPS online shooters.

I understand the idea of Battle Royale but it's still strange to me.  I still can't get over the fact it's ONE map...and when the update happens, the old map goes away and everyone plays on the ONE new map. lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My buddies & I play a more than we should if you ever wanna squad up let me know. what system you play on.
View Quote
@7BoSoX7
I'm on PC, wife & kids play on Xbox.

I'll shoot you a PM.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

After reading further I find that Fortnite seriously has ONE map. It's big but everyone plays on the same exact map for months at a time.

That whole concept just seems completely foreign to me coming from a background of online FPS shooters with dozens of maps of all types, terrains, architecture, weather, etc..

Playing on one big map for months at a time just seems so repetitive. What happens if you hate the new map? There was always maps I both loved and completely hated/avoided on old FPS online shooters.

I understand the idea of Battle Royale but it's still strange to me.  I still can't get over the fact it's ONE map...and when the update happens, the old map goes away and everyone plays on the ONE new map. lol
View Quote
Battle Royal has one map, but different game modes.

The objective is more than eliminations like most traditional FPS/TPS's. They have challenges throughout the season you work to complete for silly stuff like skins, emotes (dances) & ingame currency.

Save the World is entirely different. There is a story line in each level up to Twine Peaks. You have missions you complete for rewards & use them to level up & then are able to improve weapons & traps. It's very immersive & time consuming. You pick your characters as well as use various abilities & perks in your hero loadouts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]
We were laughing at my 12 yr old looking at the black hole.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The objective is more than eliminations like most traditional FPS/TPS's. They have challenges throughout the season you work to complete for silly stuff like skins, emotes (dances) & ingame currency.

Save the World is entirely different. There is a story line in each level up to Twine Peaks. You have missions you complete for rewards & use them to level up & then are able to improve weapons & traps. It's very immersive & time consuming. You pick your characters as well as use various abilities & perks in your hero loadouts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to dog it...I mean, the popularity speaks for itself. It's just kind of a foreign concept to me coming from FPS games with dozens of maps/simple characters.

I started getting out of FPS gaming during the loot box craze. It was weird playing military games like the Call of Duty series seeing guys run around with pink and neon orange tiger striped guns. Reminded me of when they banned all black Entertech squirt guns in the 80's and then came out with "safe" color combos.

Just felt a little strange seeing guns like this in a semi-serious military game...and the obsession with cosmetics.

Then the newer games like Fortnite have all of that extra dance moves...it was just all too much for me.

I may give it a try sometime. It does look fun but feel like the learning curve might be too much at this point.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Stay with it, at least occasionally, good way to bond on something they like.

Edit- Maybe eventually you will carry them like Bchillz.
View Quote
That's why I played a bit. I hated the building aspect of it.  Wish stealth and tactics played a bigger part. Hosing someone down with an mg only to have them build a fort in .5 second frustrated the piss out of me haha.  I liked sniping people.  The kids have pretty much moved on from it now.  Youngest daughter had been shooting with me, getting ready for her first deer season.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to dog it...I mean, the popularity speaks for itself. It's just kind of a foreign concept to me coming from FPS games with dozens of maps/simple characters.

I started getting out of FPS gaming during the loot box craze. It was weird playing military games like the Call of Duty series seeing guys run around with pink and neon orange tiger striped guns. Reminded me of when they banned all black Entertech squirt guns in the 80's and then came out with "safe" color combos.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/233332762807_/Vintage-1985-Red-Blue-Entertech-Zap-It.jpg

Just felt a little strange seeing guns like this in a semi-serious military game...and the obsession with cosmetics.

Then the newer games like Fortnite have all of that extra dance moves...it was just all too much for me.

I may give it a try sometime. It does look fun but feel like the learning curve might be too much at this point.
View Quote
The color scheme of the guns is actually something i like compared to PUBG & Blackout. I hate landing & not being able to decipher where weapons are located & what style / grade of weapon your getting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The color scheme of the guns is actually something i like compared to PUBG & Blackout. I hate landing & not being able to decipher where weapons are located & what style / grade of weapon your getting.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/233332762807_/Vintage-1985-Red-Blue-Entertech-Zap-It.jpg

Some of the wraps are pretty neat actually. Kind of like doing a wrap on real guns.

@Regulatori

Save the World would more than likely be more your pace to begin with. It is a bit of a learning curve but overall strategy becomes much more important.

Here is an older video that explains the basics... There is no longer a skill tree & PL is determined by survivor squads & research level.
Interested in Fortnite? | An Overview on Save the World

Hero loadouts have changed as well.
Save the World - Hero Loadout Overview!
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@Biscuit42

What's your favorite Soldier? I ran Sledgehammer for the longest time. Since the Pulsar came out Shrapnel HH is my usual go to.

Add: Constructors were never my bag, now I use them quite often, especially in RtD's, Jail cells of course, if you are familiar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Biscuit42

Never finished the twine as it gets super laggy and ends up being a huge waste of time. I did beat canny though.

Soldiers i mainly use are sledgehammer and shrapnel as well. Forgot about cyberclops, been using him for the hit the road event. I dont need anything so farming isnt an issue, been playing ot almost 2 years and have all the heros and guns. Mega base rocks, always need a builder in a party when doing high levels.

And hell yeah love the pulsar

I honestly kind of quit playing last couple months because its been boring. I was max level before they redid everything and made it easy to level up. And  Especially with the last high school musical event . Hopefully they do soemthing exciting soon because all i see myself playing is BL3 for a while.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#30]
The top 20 Fortnite players all make >100K playing in tournaments each year. My kid has met several of them. It does take talent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Never finished the twine as it gets super laggy and ends up being a huge waste of time. I did beat canny though.

Soldiers i mainly use are sledgehammer and shrapnel as well. Forgot about cyberclops, been using him for the hit the road event. I dont need anything so farming isnt an issue, been playing ot almost 2 years and have all the heros and guns. Mega base rocks, always need a builder in a party when doing high levels.

I honestly kind of quit playing last couple months because its been boring. I was max level before they redid everything and made it easy to level up. And  Especially with the last high school musical event . Hopefully they do soemthing exciting soon because all i see myself playing is BL3 for a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Biscuit42

I hear ya man. Sci-Fi's were meh aside from the Pulsar. The speaker weapons were the same but the pistol is crazy fun with a mix of that & jack's revenge with beetle jess on rockin' buffs. If you haven't put together a totally rockin' out build together with an OL & Main stage you are missing out. The constant health regen & crit is INSANE!

I will say the new spear has it's advantages in a good ninja build.

I was around for some TP Enduro Glitch runs, lets just say the re-perk & Legendary were crazy at lvl25.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Apex master race
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The top 20 Fortnite players all make >100K playing in tournaments each year. My kid has met several of them. It does take talent.
View Quote
Hell SypherPK made over 30K in the days fortnite was down on twitch alone. If your good & want to do it, there is a lot of money to be made.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bump.

@jm0502

Crates are back at Dirty Docks.
View Quote
Lol, that's awesome.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lol, that's awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump.

@jm0502

Crates are back at Dirty Docks.
Lol, that's awesome.
Not sure why you were so fond of them, but the end of the DockYard Deal challenge has the Hidden “T” found there. (Big surprise)

Some of the best matches I’ve played have the circle ending in DD. It’s a riot. Some times I hang back on the power line towers & snipe, other times I get in the thick of it & use the cranes as an overhead drop point to rain holy hell on opponents.

The boats are fun also to hang out in the harbor & rocket the shit out of enemy structures.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top