BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're making me want to install it now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother is a big fan  of the Total War game.

I may give it a try one day.
I love me some TW:W and TW:W2, I got all the expansions, both games, all races, and lords.

Its my favorite PC game to date, and a wonderful sendoff to "The World that Was"

Tomb-Kings are coming in a couple weeks.

Settra does not serve. Settra Rules.

(I prefer WHFB to 30/40k)
You're making me want to install it now.
In case you haven't seen it, and enjoy the Tomb Kangz...

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - Tomb Kings Trailer

Also remember, Settra was the only person to be offered everything the Chaos Gods could, and he flipped them the double bird, saved Nagash (who he despises) and solo'd a couple Bloodthirsters.

Settra. Does. Not. Serve.

Settra Rules.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Also remember, Settra was the only person to be offered everything the Chaos Gods could, and he flipped them the double bird, saved Nagash (who he despises) and solo'd a couple Bloodthirsters.

Settra Rules.
View Quote
And then he was mysteriously never heard from again.  

Seriously, though, the Nagash End Times book was epic and it was great at setting the tone of the end times.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Seriously, though, the Nagash End Times book was epic and it was great at setting the tone of the end times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Settra Rules.

I hated the End Times

Settra did have his crowning moment of awesome though.

I would have prefered them going with the Lileath ending of this has happened... before... again... and again, instead of Age of Sigmarines.

Though since Grimnir is dead, they may get my goodwill back by bringing back Gotrek as Grimnir.

My main issue is they tried to tie up 30something years of established lore... in 5 books, with a predetermined ending since the players shitcanned their "Drizzle of Chaos" Campaign. (I enjoyed that ending though: "Grimgor IS DA BEST!")

I did enjoy Settra's moment and Drachenfels (the Nameless One) making an appearance though.

I strongly object to the Disneyfication of the Setting though... Slaanesh going MIA and being replaced by the fucking Horned Rat (seriously guys you already got Nurgle and Tzneetch, who both cover all of Horned Rats bases) even Hashut would have been a better choice, Malal as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
How could they even do a custodes army? They will be nerfed to hell and back or one single custodes unit will be worth x amount and will be out numbered 10 to 1.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How could they even do a custodes army? They will be nerfed to hell and back or one single custodes unit will be worth x amount and will be out numbered 10 to 1.
View Quote
I imagine it'll be like fielding the Grey Knights. It's gonna be a small, elite army with expensive vehicles and even more expensive elites.

I dig the look of the custodes terminators, though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I imagine it'll be like fielding the Grey Knights. It's gonna be a small, elite army with expensive vehicles and even more expensive elites.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats exactly what it will be like... fielding a Knight House or Grey Knights army.

GW still gets paid though, thanks to ForgeWorld and those ultra spendy solo models, either way your gonna spend the same amount on an Army both in points cost and cash.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been stoked on Custodes since 7th Edition, bought two of the Talons of the Emperor boxsets back when they first came out. The boxset is going out of production and is a great deal if you are looking to start Custodes.

I finally got around to assemling them and spraying them gold, then the very next day they announced Trajann Valoris.  Now that we're getting a Codex and a bunch of new units, I'm on the gold train to Goldsville.

In regards to how they will play, hopefully they will all be wrecking machines so they can be competitive against hordes, gunlines, armor, LOW, etc. They will be expensive in points, hopefully not much more expensive than now.

I'm also hoping for a rule similar to Scions that allows Sisters of Silence to be included in Custodes detachments without losing faction detachment bonuses.

The Emperor Protects.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thats exactly what it will be like... fielding a Knight House or Grey Knights army.

GW still gets paid though, thanks to ForgeWorld and those ultra spendy solo models, either way your gonna spend the same amount on an Army both in points cost and cash.
View Quote
Grey Knights are cool.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The Fortress Monastery - Warhammer 40,000
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I found this in my travels.  I am thinking of starting an Iron Hands dreadnought army, but don't like the available options, even the Forge World ones.

This guy did his Cain Pattern dread, based on the cyborg from Robocop 2.  Neat.

Project Cain

Absolute badass.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Grey Knights are cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grey Knights are cool.
Unless you are a Bolter Bitch

Matt Ward ruins everything his tentacles touch, bring back Andy Chambers, Gav Thorpe, and Rick Priestley
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:41:46 AM EDT
[#12]
If the Legion of the Damned models looked like that...

Link Posted: 1/17/2018 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Sick!
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#15]
As far as how the Custodes will play, it's kind of telling (and in some cases convenient) that they reduced squad size minimums for regular Custodian Guard to 3, and the terminators are going to be minimum squad size of 1.

Everyone has pretty much got a 2+/4++ or better, with T5.  And a bonus 6+ save versus mortal wounds.  And WS and BS of 2+

Look for small units that are very survivable as a screen to cover the advance of beatstick characters advancing behind them, plus a couple vehicles and fast moving heavily armed bikes.

The real fun comes when Forgeworld gives us 40k rules for the currently 30k specific units.  I need to order that Orion flyer.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As far as how the Custodes will play, it's kind of telling (and in some cases convenient) that they reduced squad size minimums for regular Custodian Guard to 3, and the terminators are going to be minimum squad size of 1.

Everyone has pretty much got a 2+/4++ or better, with T5.  And a bonus 6+ save versus mortal wounds.  And WS and BS of 2+

Look for small units that are very survivable as a screen to cover the advance of beatstick characters advancing behind them, plus a couple vehicles and fast moving heavily armed bikes.

The real fun comes when Forgeworld gives us 40k rules for the currently 30k specific units.  I need to order that Orion flyer.  
View Quote
That thing looks weird how much better then a thunderhawk?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That thing looks weird how much better then a thunderhawk?
View Quote
It looks odd compared to 40k contemporary Imperial vehicles, but fits with the Custodes having the pinnacle of advanced weapons design in 30k, and having a far better control of their own supply chain than anyone else in the Imperium.  Not everything in use in 30k, or by the forces with the greatest privilege in their technology, is STC/AdMech sanctioned, and a good amount of the more advanced stuff that the Astartes had in 30k, along with pretty much everything the Astartes had, was designed by the Emperor with no fucks given about whether it was sanctioned by the Mechanicum/AdMech.

How it compares, rules wise, to a Thunderhawk?  In 30k terms (remember, we don't have 40k rules for the Orion...yet), it's 80 points cheaper, base, two hull points less, better armored, better BS, weapons load out is different, smaller troop carrying capacity (24 vs. 30, but remember that Custodes are Bulky, so take up two spots per dude).  Orion's Eclipse shield is pretty nice, and makes it tougher from the front arc, and it comes with a nice EW suite.

The weapons load for a T-Hawk is T-Hawk cannon (upgradable to a Turbo-Laser Destructor for a smaller blast but D instead of S8), 4 twin-link heavy bolters, six hellstrikes (swappable for cluster bombs), and two lascannons.
The Orion has two Arachnus heavy blaze cannons (2 firing modes, an s10, ap1 heavy 1 with chance for another wound, or a S8 ap3 heavy 4), two twin linked lastrum bolt cannons, and two spiculus heavy bolt launchers (48" s7 ap4 heavy3 rend).
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
My local group is assuming a 2k point army will field 20 units, give or take a couple.  The Hero HQ guy is a fucking monster, possibly the best guy in the game currently (even compared to Robo Smurf).

I'm too broke to be this excited about how good they seem to be.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#19]
By the time I get through my Thousand Sons and get to building/painting my Custodes, we should have a pretty good feel for how they operate.  I just have to figure out a good way to get some bling on any Land Raiders I choose to bring, as I hate the big, flat gold.  It doesn't look right for the army.  Maybe it just needs to be broken up with panels that are red, like the 30k tanks and the Orion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
By the time I get through my Thousand Sons and get to building/painting my Custodes, we should have a pretty good feel for how they operate.  I just have to figure out a good way to get some bling on any Land Raiders I choose to bring, as I hate the big, flat gold.  It doesn't look right for the army.  Maybe it just needs to be broken up with panels that are red, like the 30k tanks and the Orion.
View Quote
I'd probably pull out the crimson from the Custodes helm plume and go crimson overall with gold accents on the Land Raiders and Dreads. But to each their own.  Now that they have gold spray primer, I'm very interested in them. Should be super easy to paint.

Hell, I still have 6 boxes of Imperial Guardsmen assemble and prime, all of my Dark Angels to finish painting, start painting my DA Ultima Successor chapter Primaris guys (they're only primed), and then, only then, could I look at get a Custodes army.

ETA: Shit, I just realized I have another Leman Russ and a couple of Sentinels on order too.  So add that to my IG stuff.  As an aside, I can't decide if I want to go with the standard Cadian scheme (tan fatigues, OD green armor) or invert that (OD fatigues, tan armor).  They're sprayed Zandri Dust now.  Or do I want to keep with my head-cannon and say this regiment has been supporting the DA so long that they're armor is DA green?  They do take nothing but plasma if available for this reason.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd probably pull out the crimson from the Custodes helm plume and go crimson overall with gold accents on the Land Raiders and Dreads. But to each their own.  Now that they have gold spray primer, I'm very interested in them. Should be super easy to paint.
View Quote
I'm not going to use the regular Contemptors for mine, though.  Forgeworld's 30k Custodes Contemptor variants look right, and I'm just going to take the spear-wielding one and magnetize the right arm so I can swap the spear for either of the guns.  The left arm still has a "fist" hand, and has a built in bolter type weapon among the options, to be the stormbolter.  Forgeworld was nice enough with these to make them with sockets for magnets to go in, right from the factory.

Those FW Custodes Contemptors look great in the gold, far better than the plastic Contemptor they always have in the 40k pictures.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not going to use the regular Contemptors for mine, though.  Forgeworld's 30k Custodes Contemptor variants look right, and I'm just going to take the spear-wielding one and magnetize the right arm so I can swap the spear for either of the guns.  The left arm still has a "fist" hand, and has a built in bolter type weapon among the options, to be the stormbolter.  Forgeworld was nice enough with these to make them with sockets for magnets to go in, right from the factory.

Those FW Custodes Contemptors look great in the gold, far better than the plastic Contemptor they always have in the 40k pictures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no idea those existed.  The Galatus version is bad-fucking-ass!
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
FINALLY got in my first few games in the new edition.  My brother and I and four other guys rented a house for a weekend and set up three different tables.  We played at 500, 1000, 1500, and 2500 pts.  We also did a six player free for all as well as a 3 vs. 3  It was loads of fun.  However, this game is not really suited to multi-player.  In the six player free for all, it took forever to get to your turn.  In the 3 vs. 3 it was a hassle when one player had units getting attacked by two different players on the other team whose turn it was.

Overall though, I'm digging this edition big time.  I dropped off the 40k train between 4th and 5th and have been a pretty regular player of Warmachine/Hordes in the interim.  That stuff is all in a box now, I'm afraid.  My World Eaters are back and fun to play again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Good hell! My brother-in-law just sent me a huge box of Dark Eldar models. Probably $500 worth, all new in box, never painted. I think he just wants me to add them to my existing old-school models and fight him.

Sent me a Voidraven, two tac-squad + Raider & Archon boxes, a box of Wyches, some awesome Ynnead Triumvirate thing (Not sure that's strictly Drukhari) and a bunch of little character figs.

I guess I have my work cut out for me. I haven't read through the 8th Ed rules yet, so I have no idea how many points I can field, but back in 4th Ed, it was well over 4000 pts, without the new stuff he sent me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good hell! My brother-in-law just sent me a huge box of Dark Eldar models. Probably $500 worth, all new in box, never painted. I think he just wants me to add them to my existing old-school models and fight him.

Sent me a Voidraven, two tac-squad + Raider & Archon boxes, a box of Wyches, some awesome Ynnead Triumvirate thing (Not sure that's strictly Drukhari) and a bunch of little character figs.

I guess I have my work cut out for me. I haven't read through the 8th Ed rules yet, so I have no idea how many points I can field, but back in 4th Ed, it was well over 4000 pts, without the new stuff he sent me.
View Quote
Get the Index: Xenos 1 book.  That will give you the rules and point values for all the Eldar variants.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Get the Index: Xenos 1 book.  That will give you the rules and point values for all the Eldar variants.
View Quote
I have it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Good lord, it is taking me forever to get through the shade application on Thousand Sons Scarab Occult Terminators.  The two squads that I made in Cataphractii armor (using the Forgeworld 30k TS Sekhmet) went waaaay faster.  It's the massively higher level of decorative trim and detail on the arms and legs, mostly.  Fuuuuck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#30]
So, is Leman Russ back yet?

Hell, they brought Roubette Gulliaman back, so why not the Great Wolf himself?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good lord, it is taking me forever to get through the shade application on Thousand Sons Scarab Occult Terminators.  The two squads that I made in Cataphractii armor (using the Forgeworld 30k TS Sekhmet) went waaaay faster.  It's the massively higher level of decorative trim and detail on the arms and legs, mostly.  Fuuuuck.
View Quote
I'm using the Army Painter system.

Nobody but heroes gets more than an assembly line treatment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm using the Army Painter system.

Nobody but heroes gets more than an assembly line treatment.
View Quote
I'll be using that for my son's starter army.  I'm using Dark Imperium Primaris and the "easy-to-build" kits where available (although I think I'll have to suck it up for a Repulsor or two...may troll ebay to look for cheap ones), and ought to have it ready for him by the time he's ready to learn to play the game.  Building and painting as one of the Dark Angel primaris successor chapters.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]
This is what my Dark Eldar army looked like in January of 2003:

By July of 2003, I had it mostly painted. I had a war scheduled with an out-of-town friend and had a deadline. ;)

And of course, the color scheme I chose back then is now their standard color scheme. :/

So old these pics are from scanned 35mm negatives. ;)
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is what my Dark Eldar army looked like in January of 2003:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157305/DEarmyunpainted-429427.jpg

By July of 2003, I had it mostly painted. I had a war scheduled with an out-of-town friend and had a deadline. ;)

And of course, the color scheme I chose back then is now their standard color scheme. :/

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157305/DE0022_JPG-429433.jpg

So old these pics are from scanned 35mm negatives. ;)
View Quote
Those goblin green bases!  Olde Skool!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So, is Leman Russ back yet?

Hell, they brought Roubette Gulliaman back, so why not the Great Wolf himself?
View Quote
I think they just released the Lion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Those goblin green bases!  Olde Skool!
View Quote
Dakka Dakka!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nah, not yet. It'd be cool if they did a Lion and Wolf release one right after the other. The rivalry continues!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nah, not yet. It'd be cool if they did a Lion and Wolf release one right after the other. The rivalry continues!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect we'll see Luther sometime in the next 18 months.  Lion sometime after that.  A different loyalist primarch before him, and possibly Fulgrim between.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I suspect we'll see Luther sometime in the next 18 months.  Lion sometime after that.  A different loyalist primarch before him, and possibly Fulgrim between.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the news about Luther in the newest DA codex, I'm hoping that this coming summer campaign is directly related to him and the Lion wakes up just in time to mete out justice to all the Fallen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
With the news about Luther in the newest DA codex, I'm hoping that this coming summer campaign is directly related to him and the Lion wakes up just in time to mete out justice to all the Fallen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though Azrael is the one that scattered the fallen by causing the warp storm that tossed them everywhere?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Lots of stuff being announced at the Las Vegas open.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

That Knight Armiger is going into my AdMech army for sure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Um. Eisenhorn is coming to table.

Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#44]
GTFO

THATS FUCKING AWESOME
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#45]
That's awesome. Hopefully we'll get some plastic Tanith guardsmen sometime...maybe...please...lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#46]
So here’s the deal. 2/24 a new Eisenhorn book comes out, and is the 20th anniversary of the Black Library.  He’s being released with it only at GW stores or online. Rules come in the box with the figure. No idea on price but I’d guess $20 or so.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#47]
When I first saw this I lost my shit.  Eisenhorn remains one of, if not the, best series of Black Library books.

Then I read the announcement and I lost my shit.  Resin?  Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Full disclosure, this isn't mine, I actually don't have any models at all.  I love the dawn of war games and I have a rather large 30K/40K book collection, and I really have no interest in the tabletop game, however I kinda wanna build some angry marines to display on top of my book case just for the lulz.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/6XpYviz.jpg

Full disclosure, this isn't mine, I actually don't have any models at all.  I love the dawn of war games and I have a rather large 30K/40K book collection, and I really have no interest in the tabletop game, however I kinda wanna build some angry marines to display on top of my book case just for the lulz.
View Quote
I love Angry Marines and that's a badass conversion!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Need some help fellas.

Can anyone tell me where I can find these octagonal missile packs above the wings on this Valkyrie conversion?  I thought they may have been Tau of some sort or Terminator missiles, but those both appear wrong.

ETA: Maybe Land speeder missile pods? Front looks right but the rest of the body looks off.

Any idea how he attached these Tau tank engines to the wings?  The wings are just the normal Valkyrie one's inverted.  I've got the engine bits coming but need to figure out an idea for attaching them in a similar fashion:
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top