BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a challenge for you IG guys.  If I had the money to do it, I'd do this in a heartbeat for an entire army for laughs.  Every last freaking unit, including putting reflective stripes on vehicles.  Then again, the cheapest way to do it, is to buy a few PT belts and cut sections to fit.

Kasrkin or Stormtroopers wearing PT belts for 'safety.'  Maybe with an Ogryn detachment too.

http://theanvil1776.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/mock-opsec-reflective-belt-poster-iraq.jpg
View Quote
I'd do it if I had more time.  Because I agree, it'd be fucking hilarious on the tabletop, especially if you used an ACTUAL PT belt.

Alas, I'm already dreading painting the 100+ bodies I have to do.  I'm telling myself I can do one vehicle or special model for every squad I get done.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just downloaded Magos. Looking forward to it. I really liked the first 3 Eisenhorn novels -a lot.
View Quote
I picked it up yesterday at B&N.  It's more of an omnibus of short stories for Eisenhorn, but I'm looking for it.  Now if he'd get around to writing book 2 of the Bequin trilogy...
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I picked it up yesterday at B&N.  It's more of an omnibus of short stories for Eisenhorn, but I'm looking for it.  Now if he'd get around to writing book 2 of the Bequin trilogy...
View Quote
When I heard another Eisenhorn book was coming out I assumed (silly me) it was the sequel to Pariah.  I am disappointed, but at least he got The Warmaster out last year.   I suppose we'll have to wait 5 more years for another G.G. book.  Lord knows when we'll see the next Bequin book....
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Warhammer Community announced today a new starter box with Necrons and AdMech.  I'd include a link, but I'm on my phone and it's too much of a pain in the ass to put hot links in.  Sue me.

ETA

The box is going to be called Forgebane

Link
View Quote
I picked it up today, the new mini-knights are neat.  Of interest, the main body is a three-frame sprue, and added to that is a small single frame sprue with the arm weapons, face plates, and shoulder and leg armor plates.  All the pieces that you'd swap out for a different pattern of mini-knight for weapon and visual differentiation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I picked it up today, the new mini-knights are neat.  Of interest, the main body is a three-frame sprue, and added to that is a small single frame sprue with the arm weapons, face plates, and shoulder and leg armor plates.  All the pieces that you'd swap out for a different pattern of mini-knight for weapon and visual differentiation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Warhammer Community announced today a new starter box with Necrons and AdMech.  I'd include a link, but I'm on my phone and it's too much of a pain in the ass to put hot links in.  Sue me.

ETA

The box is going to be called Forgebane

Link
I think it was either BoLS or Spikey Bits that was saying the way the sprues are done for the knight, more parts and variants are coming.  Basically the regular version has different parts from the Forgebane ones, but both looked like there were extras molded then clipped off like an extra sprue part or two.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Btw, Humble Bundle is having a massive Warhammer ebook deal for the next 2 weeks.  Looks like 21 books, a couple audiobooks, a game with DLC, and discounts on other games.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it was either BoLS or Spikey Bits that was saying the way the sprues are done for the knight, more parts and variants are coming.  Basically the regular version has different parts from the Forgebane ones, but both looked like there were extras molded then clipped off like an extra sprue part or two.
View Quote
I just discovered something really neat about the Armiger.  It's made in such a way that the legs are interchangeable, so that even though they're still not possible at the joints, per se, you can vary which leg is forward or trailing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Btw, Humble Bundle is having a massive Warhammer ebook deal for the next 2 weeks.  Looks like 21 books, a couple audiobooks, a game with DLC, and discounts on other games.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up! I have been reading the books and wanted more.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me that I need to sit down and start reading The Magos now that I'm not getting microwaved by the docs tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy crap are the forged world Titans expensive AF!  
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Everything forge world is expensive AF lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Touche'
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Warlord is the size of a toddler, so technically it's cheaper than a child.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damn you, costing me $$ again LOL.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:31:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Damn you, costing me $$ again LOL.
View Quote
Wait until you figure out each book is number one of each series.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:30:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Victory Has Never Tasted Sweeter
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
not sure if this dude is a member here, but he just posted some wip on his Iron Warriors Warlord Titan project.

I thought it was sick. he just started painting the head.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, that is a full fucking chapter of smurfs.   Probably $11-12k worth of figures.

Link Posted: 4/22/2018 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Thinking about getting an airbrush to help speed up painting all these fucking IG dudes.  Anyone have any suggestions for a newbs first airbrush? I've been told everything from a $250 H&S to the $50 kits on ebay that come with an air compressor and three brushes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thinking about getting an airbrush to help speed up painting all these fucking IG dudes.  Anyone have any suggestions for a newbs first airbrush? I've been told everything from a $250 H&S to the $50 kits on ebay that come with an air compressor and three brushes.
View Quote
I've got 2 Paasche Talon airbrushes and they're great for "mass" painting. They're also good for doing large areas on tanks, fliers, and the like.

I got them in a kit on Amazon. They break down very easily, so they're easy to keep clean.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#22]
So it's looking like May's releases for 40k (once they quit screwing around with AoS fishmen) will be Deathwatch then Harlequins.  I guess that will put Imperial Knights (or whatever copyrightable name they put on them) in June.  That leaves, what, Space Wolves, Orks, and Genestealers as the only armies left that had Codexes in 7th?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Helsreach 11 is out and Grimaldus is a total badass.  Basically demands Princeps Zarha to not die through force of will as she struggles with Stormheralds pissed off machine spirit.  - that would be unacceptable.

HELSREACH Part 11 A Warhammer 40k Story
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Watched it this morning. He's doing an excellent job on this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#25]
That was very well done!
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So it's looking like May's releases for 40k (once they quit screwing around with AoS fishmen) will be Deathwatch then Harlequins.  I guess that will put Imperial Knights (or whatever copyrightable name they put on them) in June.  That leaves, what, Space Wolves, Orks, and Genestealers as the only armies left that had Codexes in 7th?
View Quote
I read somewhere they are claiming updates for the orks really soon, and we should see something this month or next month that is in the works. but that is internet heresy so far.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#27]
What's everyone's opinion on purchasing recasts for stuff GW has discontinued, such as Cadian Kasrkins?  I have a fundamental opposition to purchasing recasts for anything still available through GW and will order it almost exclusively through my FLGS.  However, I absolutely hate the Tempestus Scions models and, with the Kasrkin sculpts being $75+ for a platoon of 10 on eBay, I'm seriously considering taking my chances with Cheap-n-fast or some other recaster that's decently rated on r/yoyhammer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What's everyone's opinion on purchasing recasts for stuff GW has discontinued, such as Cadian Kasrkins?  I have a fundamental opposition to purchasing recasts for anything still available through GW and will order it almost exclusively through my FLGS.  However, I absolutely hate the Tempestus Scions models and, with the Kasrkin sculpts being $75+ for a platoon of 10 on eBay, I'm seriously considering taking my chances with Cheap-n-fast or some other recaster that's decently rated on r/yoyhammer.
View Quote
Fuck recasters.

Better to proxy, if it came down to it.

Dreamforge Eisenkern Troopers

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#29]
The picture is clarifying.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Just shows how badly GW is gouging their customers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Warlord is the size of a toddler, so technically it's cheaper than a child.
View Quote
All that money on something that will never ever see play because no one plays formats where it fits.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah.  No doubt.

They make some other good sci-fi troopers with a futuristic Wehrmacht feel, too.

More from Dreamforge.

Their Leviathans are bigger and cheaper than Knights, too.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm wondering what kind of molds the recasters use.  A long cure time and off gassed/pressure cast 2 part mold out of your higher grade long cure resins, fine grades of plaster, or even silicon should give better results than that.  Granted, off gassing (via vacuum chamber) or pressure casting is more of a small scale thing with only a few molds in a chamber at a go unless you're industrial scale.

Honestly, considering that can be done at home pretty easily, you'd think recasters would have better quality output.  Not that I'm advocating IP theft, just that for the risks some of those folk take with getting sued, the product looks kinda shitty.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Legitimate question:

I am trying to sell a group of Vostroyan miniatures. I have

18 Lasguns
2 Grenade Launchers
2 Meltas
2 Plasma Guns
3 Sergeants with laspistols
2 medics
1 Vostroyan Corpse
1 Mortar
1 Lascannon
1 Heavy Bolter
2 Voxcasters
1 Sergeant with Chainsword and Laspistol
1 Flag Bearer
1 Commander

What would you say is a fair price for these? Dont want to get ripped off. So far I have gotten a few lowball offers.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Also...has anyone seen the new Deathwatch stuff that's available for preorder?

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm wondering what kind of molds the recasters use.  A long cure time and off gassed/pressure cast 2 part mold out of your higher grade long cure resins, fine grades of plaster, or even silicon should give better results than that.  Granted, off gassing (via vacuum chamber) or pressure casting is more of a small scale thing with only a few molds in a chamber at a go unless you're industrial scale.

Honestly, considering that can be done at home pretty easily, you'd think recasters would have better quality output.  Not that I'm advocating IP theft, just that for the risks some of those folk take with getting sued, the product looks kinda shitty.
View Quote
a lot of them are in China or Russia and they could give two shits about The US or England's laws. as for the others no idea. just seen some of the adds on ebay while buying bits.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Legitimate question:

I am trying to sell a group of Vostroyan miniatures. I have

18 Lasguns
2 Grenade Launchers
2 Meltas
2 Plasma Guns
3 Sergeants with laspistols
2 medics
1 Vostroyan Corpse
1 Mortar
1 Lascannon
1 Heavy Bolter
2 Voxcasters
1 Sergeant with Chainsword and Laspistol
1 Flag Bearer
1 Commander

What would you say is a fair price for these? Dont want to get ripped off. So far I have gotten a few lowball offers.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462465/20180506_192221-536197.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462465/20180506_214535-536198.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462465/20180506_214539-536199.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462465/20180506_214543-536200.jpg
View Quote
not sure what they are going for,  try to come up with what you want for them, or if you want trades.  there are dozens of 40k facebook, buy sell trade pages.

the deathwatch set is on ebay, you can also buy them by the mini that way if you only wanted certain ones. possible somebody might trade for your figures, who knows till you try.  good luck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Opinions on the color for my IG's gun casing?

Left is Death World Forest and is the green of all armor (infantry and vehicle) in the regiment.
Middle is Khorne Red (my head-cannon says this regiment supports my Dark Angels a lot).
Right is the Cadian standard Castellan green.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Opinions on the color for my IG's gun casing?

Left is Death World Forest and is the green of all armor (infantry and vehicle) in the regiment.
Middle is Khorne Red (my head-cannon says this regiment supports my Dark Angels a lot).
Right is the Cadian standard Castellan green.

https://i.imgur.com/iRs33c2.jpg
View Quote
The red for sure.

Probably worth noting that my main army I've played since I got into 40k in 3rd edition is all Khorne Berzerkers, so you may want to take my vote with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 1:48:54 AM EDT
[#40]
New Deathwatch codex is out.

Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I am digging the new Epic/Adeptus Titanicus stuff coming out.

Here's a knight compared to a Blood Bowl fig.

Knights, Reaver, and Warlord.  The Warlord is almost the size of a 28mm Knight!

More pics here...
https://spikeybits.com/2018/05/adeptus-titanicus-new-model-pictures-scale.html

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Blood for the Blood God and all that ?
View Quote
From afar. Always wanted them to do a mmo 1ps planetside style game in that universe.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I won a Dark Imperium set at a tabletop game store. I'm inclined to believe this will be the most expensive thing I'll ever win, seeing that I've already dropped $300 on units.

Immediately after Star Wars Legion comes out so I haven't even gotten to paint those yet
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
They look awesome. Allegedly it will be GWs most expensive box ever released.

I'm just over here waiting for a reboot of Gothic.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
The only downside I can come up with from what I've seen of this game so far is how much fucking money it's going to cost me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Played my buddy today.  We've been playing every Friday for the past month.  Started at 500, did a couple of 1000 point games, and did 1500 points today.  His Dark Eldar or whatever they're called now (Drukhari or some shit) vs my IG.  Everything was going great, I'm up 3 vp to his 1, I'm about to complete another objective card for 3 more VP and will have line breaker as well.  Top of round 4, my Tempestus Scions finally kill some Forgeworld barge/sail boat thing that's 400 points with two gigantic fucking shotgun las cannon things on the front that's also holding 5 flying dark lance things.  Does it explode? But of course it does!  Does it damage anything of his shit around it in the 9" radius explosion?  Nah.  Does he lose any of the winged dark lance wielding things?  Nope.  Of the 13 bodies I have surrounding the fucking thing when it explodes (Tempestus Scions, Company CO, Bullgryn, and a Priest), how many do I lose?

11.  I suffered 11 mortal wounds to his shit blowing up in my guy's faces.

Mother fucking thing took out my whole right flank and how I was going to score that objective card.

We called it after that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Played my buddy today.  We've been playing every Friday for the past month.  Started at 500, did a couple of 1000 point games, and did 1500 points today.  His Dark Eldar or whatever they're called now (Drukhari or some shit) vs my IG.  Everything was going great, I'm up 3 vp to his 1, I'm about to complete another objective card for 3 more VP and will have line breaker as well.  Top of round 4, my Tempestus Scions finally kill some Forgeworld barge/sail boat thing that's 400 points with two gigantic fucking shotgun las cannon things on the front that's also holding 5 flying dark lance things.  Does it explode? But of course it does!  Does it damage anything of his shit around it in the 9" radius explosion?  Nah.  Does he lose any of the winged dark lance wielding things?  Nope.  Of the 13 bodies I have surrounding the fucking thing when it explodes (Tempestus Scions, Company CO, Bullgryn, and a Priest), how many do I lose?

11.  I suffered 11 mortal wounds to his shit blowing up in my guy's faces.

Mother fucking thing took out my whole right flank and how I was going to score that objective card.

We called it after that.
View Quote
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory sums up the majority of my games of 40k.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#48]
So I'm building Primaris Marine and Ork armies, what are must have units for each? Are knights worth it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Who's the big dude with the sword and the teal hair? I'm just casually aquatinted with Warhammer, so I'm not sure if he's someone important or just a servant of chaos..
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Who's the big dude with the sword and the teal hair? I'm just casually aquatinted with Warhammer, so I'm not sure if he's someone important or just a servant of chaos..
View Quote
That's an Eldar Avatar of Khaine.  It's their warrior god...though suspected to be connected to the chaos god Khorne
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top