Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
So since we all exist in the part of the Venn diagram where "Arfcom GD" and "40k Players" overlap, we must all be suuuuuuuper rich.

Anybody have one of these bad boys?  I want one, but refuse to buy one until I have painted everything I already have.

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So since we all exist in the part of the Venn diagram where "Arfcom GD" and "40k Players" overlap, we must all be suuuuuuuper rich.

Anybody have one of these bad boys?  I want one, but refuse to buy one until I have painted everything I already have.

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/c/c8/Warhound_Scout_Titan_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111016062745
View Quote
One Lucius pattern (on the cheap from eBay) that needs a partial rebuild, a chaos Warhound that Ineed to finish up, an eBay Eldar Revenant (also needs some work), two unbuilt revenants, and four of the old Armorcast Phantoms.

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's all well and good. But everyone's going on about the Mrs this, and Mrs that.

Oddly, there is a distinct lack of Eldar cosplay pics
View Quote
Oh lawd no.  She's on this anime kick right now and talking about wanting to go to cons and she's making Japanese food every damn night.  She insists she's not a weeb though because she's Asian and "Asians can't be weaboos or Otaku.  That's for white people".  

As an IT guy, it's kind of painful to watch your better half out-nerd you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh lawd no.  She's on this anime kick right now and talking about wanting to go to cons and she's making Japanese food every damn night.  She insists she's not a weeb though because she's Asian and "Asians can't be weaboos or Otaku.  That's for white people".  

View Quote
You married a weeb too
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
<Singing Franku San>

'cause I'm a weeaboo...  A fucking weaboo...

Nerds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Me too. Used to read a bunch of the novels. But it seemed like halfway into the Horus Heresy series the quality went way down, while the size of the books (physical, not content) and prices inexplicably doubled. Seemed like my favorite writers disappeared, and the Black Library started publishing anyone with a word processor.

For instance, does Abnett write anymore? What happened to the rest of the Eisenhorn/Ravenor books? Ghaunt's Ghosts? Graham McNeill still writing? Ciaphas Cain sequels? Dembski-Bowden?

If things have gotten better, please let me know and recommend some books, because it's been several years since I read a new one.
View Quote
he is mainly doing comic books, he was working on two books I think but he has had some health issues and I guess the comics are easier to manage. Not sure what wrong with him but I have seen it talked about a lot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Okay, so back on the subject of lower cost methods.

GW recently changed the terms of their arrangements with independent stores, the independent stores are once again allowed to have GW stuff in an online shopping cart, with discounts.

So, shops like the War Store have, for example, the Horus Heresy boxed games for $127.50, down from the full price of $150.  Bear in mind, the $150 is still a big savings over buying the stuff (or equivalents) separately.  Betrayal at Calth, for example, has three 10 man squads, fully equivalent to a Tactical Squad (Regular cost for a Mk IV squad, which is what you get in BaC, is $50, regular cost for a SM Tactical Squad is $40), 5 Cataphractii Terminators (Regularly $65), two HQ models (regularly $50 for the pair), and a Contemptor Dreadnought (regularly $60), so even at full price for the big box, the $150 is equivalent to the cost of buying the three Tac Squads at full price, and the Terminators, Dread, and characters are, compared to buying everything separately, "free".

The "Get Started" boxes are generally a pretty good deal, too, although they lose their luster if you aren't starting an army, and you probably have (and don't need) much of what's in the box.

Filling in missing stuff can be done reasonably via discounters, or you can score awesome deals on ebay, particularly if you're prepared to strip some of the more godawful paint jobs off (some dollar stores have a cleaning product called "LA's Totally Fantastic" which works great as an acrylic paint stripper, just leave the stuff in for a bit).
View Quote
you can buy squads from all the new boxes or the entire marines sets etc on ebay, or just the bits. I only got two of the primaris figures so far, but will get more once I have money. I did get the calth set and it is fantastic for the price compared to other stuff.

I really think the goal of 40k is getting you to spend $40k   I saw a guy's collection and he has about 20 Knights alone. not counting anything else.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

not mine but thought this was sweet
Attachment Attached File

Started dark angels and templars in the past probably still work on the templars in a crusade pattern so I can mix it up.  And might pick one other chapter to paint.
Attachment Attached File

this dude on one of the fb pages does some nice paint.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You married a weeb too
View Quote
She thinks she's not because of the race card.

I think she AND her mom are goddamn weebs.  Probably her worthless brother too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

he is mainly doing comic books, he was working on two books I think but he has had some health issues and I guess the comics are easier to manage. Not sure what wrong with him but I have seen it talked about a lot.
View Quote
He also wrote for a couple of movies with a talking raccoon, so he might be out of GeeDubs price range now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LulWut?

Orkz are plainly based on "Colonials" and Soccer Hooligans.

Space Marines are just that, superhuman/post-human genetically engineered humans/warrior monks.

The game was thought up in Nottinghamshire in England in the early 80s, projection much?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the lore is kind of cool.  Though it became slightly less so after I realized the original core of it was a nerd's fantasy (Ultramarines) against jocks/cool kids (Orcs).
LulWut?

Space Marines are just that, superhuman/post-human genetically engineered humans/warrior monks.

The game was thought up in Nottinghamshire in England in the early 80s, projection much?
Sorry to ruin your Warhammer party.  Dude, I said I liked the lore, and yes, many of my interests make me "nerdy."

Red wunz go faster-sports cars
Orcs can cobble stuff together that shouldn't work, but does-ricer cars or bro trucks
Knowledge of Self trial-completely mental trial, not physical at all, basically a nerd's delight.  After which, they get transformed by becoming muscular through implants, whatever.

You'd know better than me, if it's not what I said it is, that's just fine with me.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry to ruin your Warhammer party.  Dude, I said I liked the lore, and yes, many of my interests make me "nerdy."

Orcs can cobble stuff together that shouldn't work, but does-ricer cars or bro trucks
Knowledge of Self trial-completely mental trial, not physical at all, basically a nerd's delight.  After which, they get transformed by becoming muscular through implants, whatever.

You'd know better than me, if it's not what I said it is, that's just fine with me.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the lore is kind of cool.  Though it became slightly less so after I realized the original core of it was a nerd's fantasy (Ultramarines) against jocks/cool kids (Orcs).
LulWut?

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wut?

Seems like most chapters pick the the best of humanity and make them better through implants. I don't know of any chapters who take the nerdiest kid in school, and turn them into a superhuman.

As for the rest of your post, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]
So to get this thread back on track, here's what I've been working on this evening...

Some of you may remember this guy (a typical Inquisitor)  from Rogue Trader days, he was pictured and described as follows:

Attachment Attached File

Here is my model of him, work in progress.  All the green is sculptable epoxy for those not familiar.

Lord Inquisitor ObiWan Sherlock Clousseau

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I just built this sweet armored "van" for him too. It's getting a kickass 80's paintjob.  It will be transport for him, his 5 hot psycher chick bodyguards, and his loyal orangutan sidekick.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
A tabletop/card game shop opened in town about a month ago so while checking it out, the WH40K products caught my eye.  I vaguely knew about the game outside of it featuring guys in power armor and after playing games like StarCraft and Fallout, which now clearly take alot of cues from 40K, I figured it was worth a further look.  Thumbed through some of the 7th ed. codices, got a feel for the "grim-dark future of grim-dark, grim-darkness" and walked out with a box of Thunderwolf Cavalry, Bjorn the Fellhanded, and a Space Wolves codex.

Been enjoying the lore as told through 1d4chan  and YouTube channels like "If the Emperor had text to speech/podcast."  Helps pass the time while waiting for paints to arrive and figuring out how to build an 8th ed. list.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A tabletop/card game shop opened in town about a month ago so while checking it out, the WH40K products caught my eye.  I vaguely knew about the game outside of it featuring guys in power armor and after playing games like StarCraft and Fallout, which now clearly take alot of cues from 40K, I figured it was worth a further look.  Thumbed through some of the 7th ed. codices, got a feel for the "grim-dark future of grim-dark, grim-darkness" and walked out with a box of Thunderwolf Cavalry, Bjorn the Fellhanded, and a Space Wolves codex.

Been enjoying the lore as told through 1d4chan  and YouTube channels like "If the Emperor had text to speech/podcast."  Helps pass the time while waiting for paints to arrive and figuring out how to build an 8th ed. list.
View Quote
Download Battlescribe on your PC or phone and use it to build your lists.  Plenty of how to videos if you have trouble, or ask here.

8th Edition core rules are free on GW's website somewhere.  

These are the detachments.  All factions, all armies use these same 12 and nothing else.

You can have 3 detachments in most match games, but that number goes up with the point level of the match.

Battlescribe will give you points and stats.

ETA:
As an example, the most basic Patrol Detachment would be 1 HQ and 1 Troop.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

you can buy squads from all the new boxes or the entire marines sets etc on ebay, or just the bits. I only got two of the primaris figures so far, but will get more once I have money. I did get the calth set and it is fantastic for the price compared to other stuff.

I really think the goal of 40k is getting you to spend $40k   I saw a guy's collection and he has about 20 Knights alone. not counting anything else.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91913/10426900_849522081748154_4032507068523417735_n-320844.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91913/9fd8907ea3770fa5e21cfd3d34d76cf5-320846.JPG

not mine but thought this was sweet
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91913/11390009_557199624422585_6898780048214291343_n-320847.JPG

Started dark angels and templars in the past probably still work on the templars in a crusade pattern so I can mix it up.  And might pick one other chapter to paint.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91913/tumblr_mwmeajAfQn1so4uslo1_1280-320850.JPG

this dude on one of the fb pages does some nice paint.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91913/14051764_1345559748805351_490714200002646498_n-320852.JPG
View Quote
Holy Shit that paint is awesome.  I still have some I dig out and work on every once in awhile. Don't play game, but I like to paint the models. My favorite is the brotherhood of the snake model I made.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone else is like me and still learning to paint, or if you are just getting started, there is no better teacher than Duncan Rhodes on YouTube.

Saint Duncan of the Two Thin Coats

Other painters offer solid tips as well, but they all view Duncan as their spiritual liege.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Holy fuck, another Whispered fan!  And you like 40k!

Hello new friend. Welcome to the forum. 
View Quote
Oh christ an actual Whispered fan? If I like try and poke you I wont just pass through you right? God damn the first person I have seen who likes Whispered XD!

Thank you for the welcome lol.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:46:46 AM EDT
[#19]
LORD DUNCAN PROTECTS!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't have one of these but saw it when I went to Warhammer World like a year back, it was incredible lol.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Final Liberation duplicated the tabletop rules pretty well, with the huge advantage of the computer doing all the bookkeeping, but hasn't aged well.

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/17172/1141045-978708945_00.gif
View Quote
I was just trying to remember that one!

It was awesome!

They really need need to get the Total War folks to do an Epic 40K universe game.

I would buy a computer just to play it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Asians can't be Otaku? Uh...
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:07:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was just trying to remember that one!

It was awesome!

They really need need to get the Total War folks to do an Epic 40K universe game.

I would buy a computer just to play it.
View Quote
Yeah, I would prefer that setting too tbh, but the Warhammer Universe in TW is still pretty nice. Warhammer Total War 2 did just come out this week btw.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They already have one:

Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Astelan did nothing wrong.

ETA:

On the whole though, screw both Chaos and the False Emperor, Renegade Blackshields are the way to go.
View Quote
In my more motivated days I thought a renegade/blackshield space marine army would be awesome.  It'd probably get its ass kicked, but it'd be fun.  Tons of tiny squads, scouts...no heavy weapons to speak of.

I also thought hard about a lone wolf scout and the crew of his ship.  Imperial guard rules with some sort of fancy boss.

I just built ARs instead 
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:37:03 AM EDT
[#25]
lol nvm I think I'll go with this one instead

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Until recently every thing was painted by brush and wash. Now I have 2 1/2 airbrush projects done.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I really need to sell my collection or find a way to display it. Its just going to get broken getting moved around my table.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You can have 3 detachments in most match games, but that number goes up with the point level of the match.

Battlescribe will give you points and stats.

ETA:
As an example, the most basic Patrol Detachment would be 1 HQ and 1 Troop.
View Quote
Nice!  Been trying to sort through requirements, points, and power ratings.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Asians can't be Otaku? Uh...
View Quote
I'm gonna let her play the race card here as she controls the flow of blowjobs in the house...  
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In my more motivated days I thought a renegade/blackshield space marine army would be awesome.  It'd probably get its ass kicked, but it'd be fun.  Tons of tiny squads, scouts...no heavy weapons to speak of.

I also thought hard about a lone wolf scout and the crew of his ship.  Imperial guard rules with some sort of fancy boss.

I just built ARs instead 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They already have one:

Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Astelan did nothing wrong.

ETA:

On the whole though, screw both Chaos and the False Emperor, Renegade Blackshields are the way to go.

I just built ARs instead 
I did much the same.

I played 40k and WHFB (my preferred actually) up until the gun bug bit hard.

I still have a bunch of badly painted Iron Warriors from 2E laying around (this was before "Thin Yo' Paints and Airbrushing), I quit around 3 or 4E when they nuked the individual legions, most of the fluff (the Codexs used to be as thick as the main rulebook for the youngins) and just made it Chaos Space Marines.

Damnit I wanted Space Marines with Imperial Guard Artillery

I just follow the fluff now, though I do miss the old WD campaign/battle reports.

I'm considering buying the Forge World Perturabo and the Iron Circle, for completeness, but if I do that... its gonna be a long slide back in.

I mean look at that:

Of course, with the pimping of my second love (by GW), the Death Guard, it maybe a good time to get back in, plus the new fluff about the Ashen Claws is pretty rad as well, not as rad as nuking your own planet, and the Iron Cage, but close.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's some of my recent paintjobs.  I use WN Sable brushes and Vallejo paints and washes.

After getting out of 40k for a couple decades I got back in fairly recently.  I have only been painting my new miniatures for around a year now off and on; it takes me forever to finish one.

Questor Imperialis Knight Errant
"Glory Everlasting"

Questor Mechanicus Knight Crusader
"Red Sun"

Contemptor Dreadnought
"Hector"

Ironclad Dreadnought
"Ajax"

Venerable Dreadnought
"Crixus"

Chaplain Dreadnought
"Brutus"
I made his Crozius from a bunch of bits I had.  I wanted him to look ridiculously, over-the-top, metal, like one of the old Rogue Trader drawings.

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I did much the same.

I still have a bunch of badly painted Iron Warriors from 2E laying around (this was before "Thin Yo' Paints and Airbrushing), I quit around 3 or 4E when they nuked the individual legions, most of the fluff (the Codexs used to be as thick as the main rulebook for the youngins) and just made it Chaos Space Marines.

I just follow the fluff now, though I do miss the old WD campaign/battle reports.

I'm considering buying the Forge World Perturabo and the Iron Circle, for completeness, but if I do that... its gonna be a long slide back in.

I mean look at that:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99590102250_IronCircleDomitarFerrumAutomata05.jpg
Of course, with the pimping of my second love (by GW), the Death Guard, it maybe a good time to get back in, plus the new fluff about the Ashen Claws is pretty rad as well, not as rad as nuking your own planet, and the Iron Cage, but close.
View Quote
Someday I'm going to paint up some of those...in Alpha Legion colors.

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did much the same.

I mean look at that:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99590102250_IronCircleDomitarFerrumAutomata05.jpg

Everyone be Alpharius... and shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I thought Dorn was confirmed KIA during one of the Black Crusadesy? I wouldn't mind them opening up that door actually, since it might bring back Sanguinius and Kurze.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking it will be the following in order of likelihood:

Lion, Vulkan, Russ, Dorn, Khan.
I thought Dorn was confirmed KIA during one of the Black Crusadesy? I wouldn't mind them opening up that door actually, since it might bring back Sanguinius and Kurze.
Kurze is confirmed dead in both HH and 40K lore and fluff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hell, I'm a DA player, I'm extremely used to disappointment.

But I honestly believe they're going to bring back the surviving Primarchs and maybe even the unknown two. Just a feeling.

A buddy of mine with an in with GW HQ in Memphis says they'll release the Blood Angels, DA, and Wolves codexes at the same time (or very close together) sometime before Christmas. We'll see if he's right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me when my Dark Angels will get their codex!!!

And when is Lion waking up?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

As much as I love my IF, I accept the reality that 40K revolves around the smurfs, and papa smurf will be the only one on the stage.  I'm about to dip the lot and repaint them red, just because.

But I honestly believe they're going to bring back the surviving Primarchs and maybe even the unknown two. Just a feeling.

A buddy of mine with an in with GW HQ in Memphis says they'll release the Blood Angels, DA, and Wolves codexes at the same time (or very close together) sometime before Christmas. We'll see if he's right.
On of the short stories (The Dark King and Lightening Tower?) confirms both unknown Primarchs as dead long before HH.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking it will be the following in order of likelihood:

Lion, Vulkan, Russ, Dorn, Khan.
Yep.

Konrad Kurze is one 4 Primarchs that are super-dead and ain't coming back

Ferrus Manus, decapitated by Anathame.
Horus Lupercal, super dead, Soul erased from existence by the Emperor, clones made by Fabious Bile destroyed by Abaddon.
Sanginius* more likely than the other 3, the Sanginator, maybe him, or some sort of psychic shadow of him, a Heresy era Blood Angel or not.

Everyone else is in play as a Daemon Prince, or death is unclear, or just plain disappeared.

Personally I'm rather annoyed by Loken's continued existence, hes great as a character, but had many "good" deaths, but they simply can't seem to finish him off/let him go.

This is 30k/40k people, everyone gets a shitty, pointless, brutal, death.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
On of the short stories (The Dark King and Lightening Tower?) confirms both unknown Primarchs as dead long before HH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me when my Dark Angels will get their codex!!!

And when is Lion waking up?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

As much as I love my IF, I accept the reality that 40K revolves around the smurfs, and papa smurf will be the only one on the stage.  I'm about to dip the lot and repaint them red, just because.

Not only that, their Statues/Monuments were removed/smashed.

Horus and the rest of the Chaos Primarchs were merely covered up.

And no-one ever mentions them, the most you get is a reference or two which is vague, before someone interrupts and says shut up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, haven't assembled a tactical squad in years.  What's the general consensus on the best way to kit one out in 8th?  I'm leaning toward the sgt having a combi of some sort, probably plasma because Dark Angels, with the special being a melta, and and the heavy being a ...plasma cannon?  How do you all kit yours out?  Any reason to pay the point for a power sword or power fist on a tact. sgt?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not only that, their Statues/Monuments were removed/smashed.

Horus and the rest of the Chaos Primarchs were merely covered up.

And no-one ever mentions them, the most you get is a reference or two which is vague, before someone interrupts and says shut up.
View Quote
In the First Heretic book, one of the Word Bearers mentions that the Ultramarines had assumed command of the lost legions, and subsequently absorbed their members. I think in a Thousand Sons or Prospero Burns, it was mentioned that Russ and the Wolves had been involved in bringing those legions to heel and had probably been involved in putting down their primarchs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok, haven't assembled a tactical squad in years.  What's the general consensus on the best way to kit one out in 8th?  I'm leaning toward the sgt having a combi of some sort, probably plasma because Dark Angels, with the special being a melta, and and the heavy being a ...plasma cannon?  How do you all kit yours out?  Any reason to pay the point for a power sword or power fist on a tact. sgt?
View Quote
Plasma is become much more common in 8th simply because it's not always subject to the gets hot rule anymore. Only when you fire it supercharged. I play wolves, so as I wait for our new codex, I keep my grey hunters kitted with two Meltas but I don't think DAs can do that. As for the sgt, I think the PS over PF is still better, but I don't know since changes were made to how initiative works in charges. PFs used to hit last, but I don't know if that's still true.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Plasma is become much more common in 8th simply because it's not always subject to the gets hot rule anymore. Only when you fire it supercharged. I play wolves, so as I wait for our new codex, I keep my grey hunters kitted with two Meltas but I don't think DAs can do that. As for the sgt, I think the PS over PF is still better, but I don't know since changes were made to how initiative works in charges. PFs used to hit last, but I don't know if that's still true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no more Initiative, you can attack first with any weapon now.

If you charged, all your guys fight before theirs do.

Powerswords are cheap now, almost an auto-take.

Plasma rules special weaponry now.  Gets Hot is optional, and occasionally worth it.

Also, all Combi weapons can be fired as Either-Or (and Both at -1 to hit) as many times as you like.  

A Combi Plasma is both Plasma and Bolter, and not limited by the one shot it used to have.

Flamers hit automatically for D6 hits, even in Overwatch. You just roll to wound.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#42]
What they said, and auto D6 hits for flamer type weapons means my Rubrics with warpflamers are sick in close.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Just........dayum.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I found and pulled out my old Blood Angels.

Fuuuuuck why did you start this thread OP? I thought I'd kicked the habit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#45]
NERDS!

JK

Pilerud''s cosplay - Blood Angels Space Marine at LinCon 2013
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#46]
The books alone have cost me a small fortune.

Take a wild guess at my favorite legion/chapter .

A guy I used to work with gave me somewhere in the ballpark of $1000 worth of miniatures when he found out I was a fan. A few rhinos, some tactical squads, terminators, 2 predators, and a few other things.

Never really played tabletop, but the more is fantastic, and the DoW1 is still one of my favorite games.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I found and pulled out my old Blood Angels.

Fuuuuuck why did you start this thread OP? I thought I'd kicked the habit.
View Quote
CASH FOR THE CASH GOD

DEBT FOR THE DEBT THRONE
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Some awesome artists out there though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The books alone have cost me a small fortune.

Take a wild guess at my favorite legion/chapter .

A guy I used to work with gave me somewhere in the ballpark of $1000 worth of miniatures when he found out I was a fan. A few rhinos, some tactical squads, terminators, 2 predators, and a few other things.

Never really played tabletop, but the more is fantastic, and the DoW1 is still one of my favorite games.
View Quote
Last year I gave away a substantial space marine army to a kid I knew who wanted to get into 40k.  All i have left are a few characters and about 30 space marine scouts.  The new primaris Marines have been calling my name though unfortunately PSA calls my name a little bit louder.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#50]
The God-Emperor's followers are legion.
The support of the Emperor shant be questioned, lest the heresies of a thousand galaxies be unleashed.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top