Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's a corrupted Obama slag who's wife took $700k worth of campaign donations from known Clinton associate, Terry McAuliffe?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see the justifications for McCabe's ineviatable dismissal.
He's a corrupted Obama slag who's wife took $700k worth of campaign donations from known Clinton associate, Terry McAuliffe?
I don't suspect he will be around very long once a new FBI head is in place and that is how it should be IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Currently 5 investigations on Russia.  None have revealed any ties.  Clapper among witnesses

The 6th one will do Trump in
View Quote
Yeah, I heard he was dropping out of the race any day now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you saying that firing Comey didn't stop the investigation? Well, duh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Firing Cox didn't work out for Nixon either.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's because to end an investigation you go through the AG like Clinton.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Worked out well for Bill though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The issue isn't necessarily with the firing of Comey.  You're right that any investigation(s) will continue on cruise-control with an acting Director.  The potential for real obstruction of justice comes with the appointment of a new Director.  If it's someone who has a good bipartisan (or non-partisan) reputation in DC and has a strong legal and/or law enforcement background then I think you'll see a lot of worries become assuaged.  On the other hand, if you see some political hack like Giuliani or Christie come running back to DC with their shine box...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The issue isn't necessarily with the firing of Comey.  You're right that any investigation(s) will continue on cruise-control with an acting Director.  The potential for real obstruction of justice comes with the appointment of a new Director.  If it's someone who has a good bipartisan (or non-partisan) reputation in DC and has a strong legal and/or law enforcement background then I think you'll see a lot of worries become assuaged.  On the other hand, if you see some political hack like Giuliani or Christie come running back to DC with their shine box...
View Quote
A "hack" like Giuliani?  The man is a decorated U.S. Attorney who went after high-profile mobsters.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why would it matter even if he did find something? "What difference does it make anyway?" When politicians commit crimes, they are seldom held accountable. In fact, they usually get nearly 1/2 of America to vote for them for president. You have no say what goes on, no matter what the talking heads tell you. If I never saw a news report on DC until 2020, it would be too soon.
View Quote
Personally I think the timing is suspicious and only a person really, really trying to like and support Trump would outright reject the obvious conclusion . . . "The FBI was getting close" .   Actually it's probably more that Trump expected loyalty from the FBI chief and didn't like all the press it was generating.  

But this poster makes a good point.   Let's say they proved collusion between a Trump campaign official and the Russians.   Then what?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A "hack" like Giuliani?  The man is a decorated U.S. Attorney who went after high-profile mobsters.  
View Quote
Isn't he suffering from the early symptoms of Alzheimers or some such?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think they will find anything, it's been too long, but the smoke and mirrors playbook of the clinton's seem to be working
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Isn't he suffering from the early symptoms of Alzheimers or some such?
View Quote
That is a different issue.  If true, he may not be the best choice.  But the "hack" comment was really revealing because once again it shows the double standard.

Comey - Brother works for Clinton as accountant for Clinton Foundation under investigation.  No issue.
McCabe - Wife receives $700,000 from Clinton cronies to run for office.  No issue.
Guiliani - Distinguished career as U.S. Attorney for the SDNY, the most prominent prosecutor position in the country.  A "hack."  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...because he really was getting close to the truth about an improper connection between Trump and Russia? Putting aside the liberal histrionics we all love and enjoy, does the theory itself hold much merit?
View Quote

Every Libtard-Trump Hater believes this...

Along with all Al Gores nonsense...

It's to be expected of folks with brain [and drug] damaged minds...

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#15]
No, because contrary to liberal belief. there will still be an investigation. Firing the FBI head changes nothing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol you are so butthurt that Republicans won and Hillary lost

Do you even own any guns?

Edit: Oh looks like you're not even a citizen
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
All FBI evidence is now totally gone since they fired one guy. LOL
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote
None of the articles I've read even suggest that this group did any work for Trump.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
None of the articles I've read even suggest that this group did any work for Trump.  
View Quote
oh course it doesnt and he knows it.  He's just concerned.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I bet this is it! They're finally going to get him!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3209925/bell-ringer-jack-off-o_medium.gif

I bet this is it! They're finally going to get him!
View Quote
Trump will be dropping out any day now
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nice of Trump to tell everyone he was going to fire him regardless of the recommendations.
View Quote
Yep Russians
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Developing the FBI now tweets before they raid the GOP
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude.  Seriously?   No.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like the FBI raid may not be tied to anything national:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-fbi-raid-0512-20170511-story.html

Usual caveat:  Early reporting...

BLUF:  FBI raid on GOP PAC that did work for Cuccinelli campaign in Virginia.  PAC had been sued by the campaign for raising money; but not turning it over to the campaign.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait to see the justifications for McCabe's ineviatable dismissal.
In her defense, McAuliffe is a known Trump associate as well.

Trump also donated to McAuliffe, but that was way back in 2009 so that's like ancient history and should be ignored.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I hope you're not in charge of hiring or firing anyone because you'd be looking at a lawsuit:
View Quote
Hey, you can copy and paste things that are irrelevant.

You are very good at that. Good job. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In her defense, McAuliffe is a known Trump associate as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByTj-aaIYAAsdnS.png

Trump also donated to McAuliffe, but that was way back in 2009 so that's like ancient history and should be ignored.
View Quote
I'm confused about what this has to do with McCabe and his wife taking money from team Clinton, while heading the multiple criminal investigations into her and her foundation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#30]
LOL!

The #Nevertrumpers were IDIOTS with their predictions BEFORE the elections...

NOTHING has Changed!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That would be a first.
View Quote
He will drop out any day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks like the FBI raid may not be tied to anything national:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-fbi-raid-0512-20170511-story.html

Usual caveat:  Early reporting...

BLUF:  FBI raid on GOP PAC that did work for Cuccinelli campaign in Virginia.  PAC had been sued by the campaign for raising money; but not turning it over to the campaign.
View Quote
I wonder if anyone working at the White House has an office there...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're not in charge of hiring or firing anyone because you'd be looking at a lawsuit:

You argument for dismissing McCabe was that he followed policy.  This fact was stated in the article that you linked to, but apparently didn't read.  Nice job.

Seriously though:  Try not to fire anyone for following policy*.  Your employer's legal counsel tends to frown upon such things...

*Assuming you're in a position to fire someone, of course
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm confused about what this has to do with McCabe and his wife taking money from team Clinton, while heading the multiple criminal investigations into her and her foundation.
View Quote
My understanding is McCabe and his wife took money from McAwful, who is both a Clinton and a Trump associate.

If I cared enough I'd create a /r/ style mosaic to visualize this to you, but I don't care enough to do that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
next fbi chief:  ok boys you got 60 days to wrap this thing up
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
...because he really was getting close to the truth about an improper connection between Trump and Russia? Putting aside the liberal histrionics we all love and enjoy, does the theory itself hold much merit?
View Quote

are you stoned?

first of all Comey doesn't investigate shit. There was a team of agents doing the investigation last week, and the same team of agents will be doing the investigation next week. The only thing that has changed is which desk the reports end up on.

plus, this intensifies he investigation because of the Dems hollering about how this changes everything, when in fact, it changes nothing.

because of the attention this caused, the investigation will proceed even more vigorously. if it was a move to stop the investigation, it was stupid because it has the opposite effect.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My understanding is McCabe and his wife took money from McAwful, who is both a Clinton and a Trump associate.

If I cared enough I'd create a /r/ style mosaic to visualize this to you, but I don't care enough to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good because I don't care enough to look at it. If Trump also gave money to Mccabe's wife, while he's under criminal investigation (supposedly) by the FBI like Hillary was and did we might be on to something though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#38]
The only investigation we should be seeing is the Clinton-Putin Uranium One deal, you know the one where John Podesta even bought shares using his daughter as a shell company before the deal went through, because he knew he was going to make a killing.

Hillary was for sale to the highest bidders, including Putin's front companies set out to secure uranium mining in Canada and the US.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Um, that one is actually pretty simple - as an incoming administration you fire/terminate all the appointed department heads your predecessor appointed if your predecessor was of the opposing party. It's standard operating procedure to get your people who share your values, your political ideals, and will help move your agenda forward instead of acting as a force to oppose it.

My guess, and it's just that, is Trump and his team felt firing Comey earlier would be more controversial with all that was swirling about right after the election. So they waited a bit to let things simmer down. 
View Quote

he didn't get his pick for justice until two weeks ago - that was the cause of the delay.,
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
he didn't get his pick for justice until two weeks ago - that was the cause of the delay.,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um, that one is actually pretty simple - as an incoming administration you fire/terminate all the appointed department heads your predecessor appointed if your predecessor was of the opposing party. It's standard operating procedure to get your people who share your values, your political ideals, and will help move your agenda forward instead of acting as a force to oppose it.

My guess, and it's just that, is Trump and his team felt firing Comey earlier would be more controversial with all that was swirling about right after the election. So they waited a bit to let things simmer down. 
Not according to Trump, today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

are you stoned?

first of all Comey doesn't investigate shit. There was a team of agents doing the investigation last week, and the same team of agents will be doing the investigation next week. The only thing that has changed is which desk the reports end up on.

plus, this intensifies he investigation because of the Dems hollering about how this changes everything, when in fact, it changes nothing.

because of the attention this caused, the investigation will proceed even more vigorously. if it was a move to stop the investigation, it was stupid because it has the opposite effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are you stoned?

4D chess

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/comey-fbi-investigation-russia-sarah-huckabee-sanders/
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Trump appoints French immigrant Vladimierre Poutin as new FBI Director

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/air-force-flight-removed/#ixzz4gnuN4kyM
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#44]
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-not-planning-visit-fbi-headquarters-after-comey-firing-spokesperson-n757771

President Donald Trump's plan to visit the FBI in an attempt to boost morale has been scrapped, according to administration officials.

After his controversial firing of FBI Director James Comey, Trump was told it was not likely he would be warmly welcomed.
View Quote
Poor FBI guys won't get to hear Trump talk about his historic electoral college win...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#45]
This is getting way complicated like Watergate. Personally i don't think Trump knew about any russian connection. Frankly i feel he is kinda oblivious. Those around him? maybe a different story. I keep reading articles that Trump was getting angry with the investigation and why it wouldn't just go away. The firing of him looks bad but i feel he wants it to just go away as opposed to covering up. I'm not sure he realizes how bad the thing he does makes him look.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-not-planning-visit-fbi-headquarters-after-comey-firing-spokesperson-n757771

Poor FBI guys won't get to hear Trump talk about his historic electoral college win...
View Quote
NBC? Really?

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, concern noted.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lol, concern noted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, concern noted.
All your concern about my concern is noted.

So you don't think a fair, non-partisan and experienced person should be FBI Director? Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

are you stoned?

View Quote
actually, the reports will end up at the same desk, there will just be a different guy sitting at it
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

actually, the reports will end up at the same desk, there will just be a different guy sitting at it
View Quote

no, because for now they're going to the acting director who has his own office....
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top