Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Gooloo 2000, on one charge it jumped a v8 f150 3 times and another car a couple months ago that I didn't charge it after. When you hit the boost button that starter sings.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had a couple smaller ones that were not always capable, replaced them with a jnc770 should have gotten it or a 660 in the beginning.
View Quote

My JNC660 is 10 years old and will run the car without a battery.
Amazon Product
  • 1700 Peak Amps
  • Clore PROFORMER battery technology
  • 46 inch heavy-duty #2 AWG cables

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like that, I'm going to do some research, that may be my new jump box, its getting about that time.

Having used many and messed with a lot of DC/Batteries, I just have a hard time believing you can get that many jumps out of 1 charge.
View Quote
I don't know how many cars you could jump without charging. The couple times I have used it on cars I plugged it into the USB port and top it back off right after.

It did jump start my lawn mower all last summer though with no top off.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Actually I bring common sense to questionable arguments.

If your car battery does not make it in those conditions maybe you need a new battery.  Or stay home.

It should be common sense to take a battery jump pack inside overnight.  Battery "capacity/output" drops significantly in very cold temperatures.

You might also consider hand warmer type devices and a blanket or similar heat retention system over the battery.

You can take these suggestions as possible helpful hints or just resort to "You like to argue" comments.   Either way I am not impacted negatively.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does a lot of good in the parking lot at work.

Out hunting.

You like to argue don't ya?

Actually I bring common sense to questionable arguments.

If your car battery does not make it in those conditions maybe you need a new battery.  Or stay home.

It should be common sense to take a battery jump pack inside overnight.  Battery "capacity/output" drops significantly in very cold temperatures.

You might also consider hand warmer type devices and a blanket or similar heat retention system over the battery.

You can take these suggestions as possible helpful hints or just resort to "You like to argue" comments.   Either way I am not impacted negatively.

Gooloo and hulkman have packs out now that will preheat the battery when it's cold, and they both claim they'll work down to -40.  I haven't seen either tested, and I don't expect to ever live where it gets down to -40, but they do have a solution for it now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah it's harbor freight but so far I've jumped 2 cars, a go cart and a generator with it
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I used my GooLoo 4000 again this morning.  I went to start my infrequently used S10 Blazer.  The first attempt was weak and failed.  The second attempt was worse.

Outside air temp was 1 degree F.  The vehicle was outside.   Overnight temperature possibly -3 to -5 F.

I pulled the GooLoo from my Jeep that was in the garage (temperature 31 degrees F).

Hooked it up, verified the green status light and the engine turned over and started with zero hesitation.  Actually it started faster than on a mild day.  Possibly the first attempt got fuel where it was needed.

I just topped off the GooLoo although it may have been able to start multiple other cars.

It would have been better possibly to have had the GooLoo inside but I did not expect to need it. I did not see any deterioration of the starting ability even at 31 degrees F.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The NOCO 150 I had in my car for 18 months failed to help me start a friends car.
As discussed on this forum, they have a small parasitic drain that requires they be charged more often than other jump packs.

When I went to recharge it, it refused.  NOCO replaced it for free.

That said, I have an alarm on my phone to remind me to charge my jump packs every two months.

Two months ago my wife called and said her car wouldn't start.
I told her to hook up the NOCO.  Red to red, black to black.  Turn the power on.  Car started right up.

I also have two of the Antigravity X-10s.  They hold their charge a LOT longer in storage.
But, as noted, they don't have the capacity of the NOCO 150.

I keep one in the trunk of each car in service.  But this time of year they might be cold.
So I have been keeping the NOCO in the house.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Car went dead while getting gas and luckily a lady had a jumper. Now I have the $60 Costco one. Think it has 400 amps so I’m not sure it would do my diesel but hopefully it will work for the car and motorcycles.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump for the guy who started another jump pack thread instead of an EV thread.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Avapow 6000 amp worked to jump start my 6.6L diesel truck. More than once. Full charge got me like three attempts before it started.   These batteries were dead. I replaced them now and have no problems. The truck had to be jumped Sunday morning. Then again Monday. Didn’t want to play this game any longer so I went and got new ones.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a NOCO GB70.  It has worked fine the couple of times I have used it.  After a motorcycle trip last September I forgot all about it when I unpacked the bike and set it aside.  I tried to use it yesterday to start my mower and it was completely dead.  It’s been charging for about 12 hours now and isn’t completely charged yet (USB).  I’m hoping it will still hold a charge.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top