Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2020 11:15:02 PM EDT
Just applied for mine a few days ago. Should I hide my dag?

I fly at least a few times a year. Always wanted to skip the lines.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pre
Clear (not .gov but still)
and Global entry

All my dags are fine so far.

Shout out to American Express for paying for it for me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a real convenience.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah.  I am renewing mine and have to go for an interview again (global entry).  Interviews are about 2-3 months out at the moment and I have to travel a few hours to get there even.  Nothing close to me for an extremely long time.

I was contemplating just doing it the next time I re-enter but I don't do as much international anymore and i really hate taking more time on arrival.  Just wanna get home.

ETA: all animals are completely safe.  But then again I think I've had background checks and fingerprints from at least a half dozen agencies.  If they wanted my dog, they woulda gotten him a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Precheck was awesome before the unwashed masses started getting in.

Now you get the choice to pay $80 for pre-9/11 security with half the people on your flight, or stand in line to get your balls fondled with the trailer trash who didn't know about the $80 deal.

My employer won't pay for Clear.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah.  I am renewing mine and have to go for an interview again (global entry).  Interviews are about 2-3 months out at the moment and I have to travel a few hours to get there even.  Nothing close to me for an extremely long time.

I was contemplating just doing it the next time I re-enter but I don't do as much international anymore and i really hate taking more time on arrival.  Just wanna get home.
View Quote
I renewed my GE in 2019 and didn't have a do an interview.  just did the renewal online and 6 weeks later, I had my new GE card.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now you get the choice to pay $80 for pre-9/11 security with half the people on your flight, or stand in line to get your balls fondled with the trailer trash who didn't know about the $80 deal.

Kharn
View Quote
I did see a rough looking couple applying in front of me. Would they be considered unwashed or am I in the same category. P.S. I do take a shower every couple of days.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
oops, doubletap
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife and I have global entry and precheck, it makes travel pleasant again.  I would highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
The precheck lines everywhere I go are less than 5% of everyone going through security.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have Global Entry so by default I have Pre Check.  In a lot of airports it doesn't really save a lot of time.  However, it is worth it to me to not have to take out my laptop, CPAP and take off my shoes.  It is just a smoother process.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife has it and it is nice when I fly with her because I get included.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
For the airports I fly through it's been great but I've talked to others that say that at their airports the Pre-Check lines are as long as the normal lines.  For me it seems to be best at airports with more international and tourist travel and less business travel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I fucking hate flying, but hate going through the TSA even more. I MAYBE fly once every couple of years.
Having said that, best $85 I ever spent (except maybe that two dozen roses that got me laid one time when I was a teenager. No pics, before cell phones. Shit, before landlines even).
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I renewed my GE in 2019 and didn't have a do an interview.  just did the renewal online and 6 weeks later, I had my new GE card.
View Quote
yeah was hoping i'd be able to get away with that this time but no... apparently not :(
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ETA: all animals are completely safe.  But then again I think I've had background checks and fingerprints from at least a half dozen agencies.  If they wanted my dog, they woulda gotten him a long time ago.
View Quote
Just like a lot of us here, I have submitted a large number of fingerprints to the .gov over the years. Including back in the 98' when we landed in O'hare for the first time.  Oh what a glorious day that was. July 4th 1998. Fireworks everywhere. That first evening solidified my belief that America is the greatest country on this planet.

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Unwashed masses here.  Its vera, vera nice when I'm chosen.  I practice my disdainful look just in case.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Worth it just not having to go through strip search.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, very convenient at large airports and small regionals also give you better treatment than the masses.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]
For 6 years now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Precheck was awesome before the unwashed masses started

Kharn
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]
It’s a low cost bribe to make the process marginally less dumb usually and I’d pay more for it than they ask.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I've thought about getting it. Not sure I fly enough to justify it. But we had it on our honeymoon due to flying first class. It was really nice flying back into the country in Miami.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:33:09 PM EDT
[#24]
It's nice but don't always expect it to be faster.

Its not uncommon for the pre line to be longer than the regular line at some airports.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Wife and I have it.  It’s amazing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Have Pre check. Been useful so far. No belt and shoes to take off is nice. Has saved me quite a bit of time going through Tampa and Mccarran. Not much time savings at Detroit, I have yet to encounter a crowded security checkpoint there. One time at Tampa I walked through the precheck line with no delay. Normal security was taking 45min-hour to get through the line.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Pre + Clear here
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just be advised depending on where you are and what time you get there, the TSA PreCheck area may not be open and you'll have to go through regular security with everyone else.

I only fly once or twice a year and it was worth it to me.  Also there are a lot of credit cards that will reimburse you the fees for applying for PreCheck.
View Quote
Interesting info on reimbursement. I need to call my American Express.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Nicodareus

See if the closer CBP locations take "walk-ins".  Many do.  If so, roll the dice and show up an hour before they open.  Sign in.  Once all of the appointments are finished, they will call the walk in list.

I was precondition approved last year in 2 weeks (pretty sure this was all online).  Immediately after I received my conf#, I went to the local CBP interview facility and signed in on the next day they were conducting scheduled interviews.  There were 8 or so folks there that had been waiting MONTHS for their interview.  I was called in #3 on the wait list and walked out 3 min later.  The ones that scheduled interviews 6 months ago were pissed that they did not know this was possible.

Do some googling... this is a real thing.  took me less than 5 weeks from start to finish with card in hand.  Well worth the extra $20ish for not re-upping my TSAPRE
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Global Entry for me. CC reimburses me for the fee.

Yes, the line is now almost as long as the regular line, but no shoe removal, no imager, and the people in the pre/GE line tend to be more seasoned travelers who know what they're doing so the line moves faster.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Or just say NO to the whole charade.

Some people have to fly for business. I get that.

Everyone else? Get groped so you can go to Disneyworld and get fleeced or get shoehorned into a 28" seat spacing flying petri dish with 600 599 598 million screamin corollavirus superspreaders and kids screamin?

"Oh but we went to Machu Pikachu and it was so awesome" "only 600 others in our tour group!" "We flew to San Francisco and smelled the street poop for ourselves! It was awesome!" "We flew to Haiti and only had a mild case of AIDS, but the beaches were awwweeesssommeee"

No thank you.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#33]
At MIA the pre-check lines are as long, or longer, than the steerage lines.

But it moves faster because of the near-adult treatment.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Everyone else? Get groped so you can go to Disneyworld and get fleeced or get shoehorned into a 28" seat spacing flying petri dish with 600 599 598 million screamin corollavirus superspreaders and kids screamin?

"Oh but we went to Machu Pikachu and it was so awesome" "only 600 others in our tour group!" "We flew to San Francisco and smelled the street poop for ourselves! It was awesome!" "We flew to Haiti and only had a mild case of AIDS, but the beaches were awwweeesssommeee"

No thank you.
View Quote
Merrell. I always consider you to be a reasonable poster. However what you posted above makes me go..
Attachment Attached File

P.S. Machu Picchu is awesome when you stay at Inkaterra Pueblo Hotel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife and I have had it for years, my daughter got it because she travel as a Rodeo Queen and now with her job. My son was the last in the family not to get it and we made just last week because we are going on a big family vacation and we don't want to be held up by him having to go through the line with the masses.

Especially around holidays , it saves at least 1/2 hour in Orlando
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Easily saved me an hour last time i flew out of LAX.  Plus you get to leave your shoes on at security.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For the airports I fly through it's been great but I've talked to others that say that at their airports the Pre-Check lines are as long as the normal lines.  For me it seems to be best at airports with more international and tourist travel and less business travel.
View Quote
It’s convenient but my last trip back thru Atlanta like was long.

Still no where near the cattle lines.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I did see a rough looking couple applying in front of me. Would they be considered unwashed or am I in the same category. P.S. I do take a shower every couple of days.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
You should see the shitshows that happen when someone thinks they're being discriminated against when the TSA "agent" "guarding" the entrance to the line asks to see their boarding pass to look for the Precheck mark before they can get in the line, but then lets anyone who looks like a service member walk right past (TSA and DoD agreed to give service members free Precheck).

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No thank you.
View Quote
Can't get Haitiaids if you never leave the basement.

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just be advised depending on where you are and what time you get there, the TSA PreCheck area may not be open and you'll have to go through regular security with everyone else.

I only fly once or twice a year and it was worth it to me.  Also there are a lot of credit cards that will reimburse you the fees for applying for PreCheck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
My corporate Amex covered it. 10 minute interview in West Palm
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
What if I tell you that at times TSA Precheck lines are longer than the regular non-status lines?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No thank you.
View Quote
Lol
Thanks Sunshine. Must be a hoot hanging out with you holy shit.

Sig and tag line soooo appropriate

Wtf
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My wife and I have had it for years, my daughter got it because she travel as a Rodeo Queen and now with her job. My son was the last in the family not to get it and we made just last week because we are going on a big family vacation and we don't want to be held up by him having to go through the line with the masses.

Especially around holidays , it saves at least 1/2 hour in Orlando
View Quote
My wife doesn't have Precheck, refuses to get it, and she annoys the shit out of me about it.

We have two small kids, under Precheck rules, I can bring the kids, their stroller, all of their food, milk, etc, with me through the checkpoint, and she can meet me on the other side.

Does she agree to that? No. She insists all four of us wait in the non-precheck line, I get my balls fondled while the agent looks at my pass and questions me on why I'm not in the Precheck line so he digs even further into my stuff. Our kids go nuts and start running around the security zone, start fighting with each other, and other bullshit instead of being strapped to their stroller on the other side watching their tablets or playing with toys while having a snack and waiting for my wife to be done getting fondled.

So, I refuse to go on any vacations with her that require flying. It's a road trip or we're not going.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Sitting on the tarmac right now lol.

TSA pre check. Work paid for it. Worth it, yeah I would pay out of pocket if it comes to that.

I fly about 12 times per year. Sometimes no one is in either line. But more often than not, especially at busy airports, I side step the huge line and don't get hassled with shoes, taking my laptop out my bag, etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I get my balls fondled while the agent looks at my pass and questions me on why I'm not in the Precheck line
View Quote
I guess you're technically getting some extra action, then.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No thank you.
View Quote
Yeah being a hermit is the way to go through life. Not!
My wife and I are Hilton Emerald, United Gold for life, I'm retired so I don't get higher status anymore. We
will be staying in a two bedroom suite with our son and daughter in the Haven (First Class ) section, upper most deck, over the ships bridge on a Mediterranean cruise for our 30th anniversary and my son's graduation.
We are going on tours of Pompeii and Herculaneum,  The Coliseum,  and other Roman antiquities.  Going to Naples and Pizza too.
But I'm sure it's better just to stay home and read about it or watch National Geographic.

Just one airline. I have  millions of miles on others through the years.

The Haven
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Merrell. I always consider you to be a reasonable poster. However what you posted above makes me go..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

P.S. Machu Picchu is awesome when you stay at Inkaterra Pueblo Hotel.
View Quote
I'm retired and grumpy

No need to go anywhere besides the grocery store, Dr's office and Walgreens on Senior Discount Day
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Can't get Haitiaids if you never leave the basement.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105138/temp-97-1282130.gif
View Quote
Damn skippy!

If I want to see the world I'll watch Animal Planet. Get to see the strange critters without the lines, cost and smells, and by smells I mean other tourists who have adopted a "bathing is evil" mantra.

Plus I know my bathroom is clean, there are no bugs with malaria or superEbola and I don't have to pay outrageous prices for a beer.

#basementsrock
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah being a hermit is the way to go through life. Not!
My wife and I are Hilton Emerald, United Gold for life, I'm retired so I don't get higher status anymore
View Quote
Hilton Emerald you say
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top