BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
panic is in around here and we aren't even close to it
girlfriend was at costco last night and the place was packed with people lugging 10-15 cases of water out of there
gullible idiots
View Quote
Intredasting. I also saw a guy loading the back of his SUV full of cases of water last night at Costco.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Some states and cities are getting prepared for a cluster for April 8th solar eclipse. The National Guard chemical, biological units are going to be stationed around the country.

They're estimating 1 million people will descend on Indiana alone. They're telling locals to stock up on food, medicines and fill up their gas tanks.

However, a local report that an "elite chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear unit" would be monitoring the event has led to a wave of suspicious social media posts.

"They're also urging residents to stock up with one to two weeks of food in advance of the event and to have full fuel tanks. They're also saying that it's likely that communication facilities could be overloaded, possibly making it difficult to make cell phone calls. Similar warnings are going out in different states, including Noblesville Fire Department in Texas."

https://www.newsweek.com/solar-eclipse-2024-nuclear-unit-national-guard-cbrn-chemical-fact-check-1881520

People will come from all over the country to experience the solar eclipse in Indiana. Even if you’re not viewing the eclipse from a spot of totality... you still need to plan ahead.

https://www.wdrb.com/eclipse/indiana-state-police-offers-tips-to-prepare-for-april-8s-solar-spectacle/article_c42dcece-e239-11ee-a464-1bed300cca72.html

INDIANAPOLIS — An estimated 1 million people will travel to Indiana to experience the path of totality for the solar eclipse on April 8.

That's a lot of extra cars on our roads and highways all at once.

Emergency responders are warning Hoosiers now about the potential traffic trouble, how they plan to deal with it and what we should plan for, too.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/world/solar-eclipse/police-warn-traffic-trouble-during-solar-eclipse-totality-path-april-8-indiana-timing-events/531-a40c7d84-9add-4049-bdbd-7006da0b3444
View Quote
There was a solar eclipse in the northwest about 6 month ago and nothing happened. Could it be that the government is trying to get a cattle drive going in hopes of a stampede? After all if people aren't stampeded how will government control them?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They're closing schools so the districts won't get sued by FSA moms claiming their kid went blind because nobody told them you shouldn't look at the sun.

How things have changed in less than seven years.
View Quote

Nope.  Try again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
We are right in the path of totality. The news is saying as many as 500,000 people might be coming into the area to watch, that will double the population of the area, its going to be a mess.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Indeed it does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smells fishy.

Indeed it does.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are these guard CBRN units?

View Quote

Umm in lots of states
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The guard units are probably CERFP, maybe 20 of them or so around. Wide range of capabilities.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

You can zoom in and click on your exact location as well as times. My house if 98.68%.

That's dark enough, I won't be go anywhere.
View Quote

I knew we were in the path of totality but I hadn't seen such an exact map before. The line passes literally 3 miles from my house
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I went to the annual eclipse last October.  In the city park I viewed it from, there was a National Guard unit doing exercises.

I asked them if they were there in case we all went berserk and of course they said "nooooooo, of course not!"

But we all know the truth.  They were ready for us.  They're not going to just let us win.  We're in for a real fight.  We must be prepared.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I have family near Fredericksburg, and their town is warning of high traffic and stress on city services.
But it iz run by De Germans, and they keep the trains running on time.
We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This could be worse than Y2K!
View Quote

Nothing could ever be that horrific
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can zoom in and click on your exact location as well as times. My house if 98.68%.

View Quote
Sweet, I'm at 100%. Will be sitting in the front field fighting off waves of zombies, looters, fugitive rappers, etc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the 436th not a Chemical Co?

As for demands, I’ve heard in the hill country area of Texas,  they’re asking locals to stock up now and plan to not travel much in their area as there’s expected to be ~300x the peak season traffic that time (Sat-Tues)
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Who woulda thunk there were so many fukn pagans? At least the flat earthers won't be there for the ceremony. lol
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We are right in the path of totality. The news is saying as many as 500,000 people might be coming into the area to watch, that will double the population of the area, its going to be a mess.
View Quote

Yeah, this is what all the alarm is about, not the eclipse itself.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#19]
100% coverage in my yard in Va last night . I’m good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why just Indiana?  It's going over a whole bunch of states.

I'm in the path of totality (which is amazing, I never thought that would happen), but right on the edge, so I'll get a better view going north about 45 minutes to Shelbyville.
View Quote

Similar stuff across Texas, which expects a LOT of extra folks for this event
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% for me, we're gonna be staying home that day
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I have property down in the ozarks that it goes right over.  Nearest city has a population of 516.  The nearest city with population just under 5000 and a sort of hospital is 45 miles away.  So they could easily be overwhelmed.  I remember they said the same DOOM for the one in 2018 which went right over my house and there was not really anything.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why just Indiana?  It's going over a whole bunch of states.

I'm in the path of totality (which is amazing, I never thought that would happen), but right on the edge, so I'll get a better view going north about 45 minutes to Shelbyville.
View Quote

Officials in the adirondacks are giving similar warnings. They are concerned just about everything is going to get picked clean so they advise locals to be stocked beforehand.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Casper, Wyoming was totally nuts for the last one  but only for the day. I can't imagine huge metro areas.
View Quote
I was stuck sitting in a crane on a coil tubing job north of Douglas doing 14 hour shifts for that one so I missed most of the insanity but the traffic on the 59 was nuts even out there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Intredasting. I also saw a guy loading the back of his SUV full of cases of water last night at Costco.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
panic is in around here and we aren't even close to it
girlfriend was at costco last night and the place was packed with people lugging 10-15 cases of water out of there
gullible idiots

I have seen several folks at the grocery store loading groceries into their cars. Some carts were practically full. Some cars even went to the gas pumps and filled up as well. I assume they just came from the gun store and had made maximum purchases.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
99.93% from my backyard.  Of course its Ohio, so itll be overcast and raining.
View Quote

That's what I'm afraid of, driving up to Ohio to a friend's house that is in the path of totality but it is Ohio and chance of sun is not looking good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My kid wanted to go to Ohio for his birthday (don't ask) so we booked a room at the Kalahari in Sandusky
View Quote

Some sort of Gen Alpha meme thing?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Or town is apparently rated as the top place to be for this thing. Hotels have been booked for months. Even crappy homes have booked up as AirBNBs for thousands of dollars/night.

Watching to see what ridiculous scalping happens with gas prices etc over the next couple of weeks. They expect us to more than double in population. Yay.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I live a few miles north of Chattanooga and could have watched the 2017 eclipse from my house. Instead we drove about 20 miles to have the maximum amount of totality. We did not need to get on the interstate but did drive on two state highways. Traffic was a little more than normal but absolutely not enough to slow us down.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I remember shit like this was reserved for cults like Heaven's Gate, but today it's are own Government who act like cultist.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Well it makes sense when you consider that vampires will be able to move around during the eclipse. What happens if they spring a surprise invasion?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Took that week off. My home is in the path of totality and I will watch it from my driveway with a bourbon in my hand. Will definitely fill up the vehicles a few days earlier and have the genny ready.

During the early days of COVID, I have seen bare grocery store shelves. It is a scary thought not to have a few weeks of food around, but so many don’t prepare.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I remember being in the SF Bay Area (a densely populated area) for a total eclipse, and I don't remember any security precautions or concerns.  

People just went out and stared at it through dark glasses, and then went about their business afterwards.   There weren't any runs on stores or anything.  

So do they expect people to go bonkers and riot for some reason this time?

View Quote

Someone clawed at the torch, and it fell and snuffed out. In the instant, the awful splendor of the indifferent Stars leaped nearer to them.

On the horizon outside the window, in the direction of Saro City, a crimson glow began growing, strengthening in brightness, that was not the glow of a sun.

The long night had come again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Or town is apparently rated as the top place to be for this thing. Hotels have been booked for months. Even crappy homes have booked up as AirBNBs for thousands of dollars/night.

Watching to see what ridiculous scalping happens with gas prices etc over the next couple of weeks. They expect us to more than double in population. Yay.

View Quote
Casper was that spot in 2017, people were renting out their yards to people with tents for crazy money. I didn't buy the property I'm on now until 2018, still lived in town then so I missed out on some serious money renting out RV spots.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Living west of Houston, my house will be around 95% or so.  I'm not going to deal with the traffic to get to a 100% zone, I'll just have to watch the videos later.  I know I'm missing out on a "once in a lifetime" thing, but that's fine.  I'd rather watch Starship launch #4 or 5 in person.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's a few minutes of shade. I truly can't understand people coming from across the country to watch a shadow.
View Quote

Yep, I witnessed the total eclipse in 2017 and was THOROUGHLY unimpressed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They're closing schools so the districts won't get sued by FSA moms claiming their kid went blind because nobody told them you shouldn't look at the sun.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm at 95% where I'm located.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Smells fishy.
View Quote

If you experienced the traffic jams after the 2017 eclipse, you wouldn’t think so.  

Nobody expected that highway mess that took a whole day to dissipate.    Probably not until maybe 2am.   Because I was in it at least that long, until I pulled off into some big travel stop or Walmart lot and slept until the sun came up.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Hype.  I went to Baker, OR for the 2017 eclipse and the only issue was booked hotels.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m in north central Ohio up by Lake Erie (camp perry area). Most of our local schools and governments are closed for the eclipse and all our emergency services are on mandatory OT for the event.

Guess every hotel in the area is booked solid and they expect huge travel issues throughout the day. Local news is talking about how you can have up to 3 camp sites in your yard without a permit lol.

Drive into work should be fine but looks like I’ll be taking country roads home.

Be funny as hell if it’s cloudy/rainy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#47]
It's routine behavior.

When I lived on Diego Garcia in the middle of the Indian Ocean where it took a month for the beer ship to arrive.

When an aircraft carrier of 5000 men pulls liberty on an isolated desert island inhabited by 2000 it does put a stain ... on EVERYTHING.

Working at the TV station we'd find out about in impending beer shortages before the rest of the island. I had eight cases of beer stacked up behind my door well before the carrier entered the atoll. I had pizza frozen into every nook and cranny of my freezer.  

I was crazy and even limiting the liberty party size the fleet drank the island's liquor store and enlisted clubs dry. Surprised? Not.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I totally undestand the concern.

Just think about this seriously...

What if the sun doesn't come back?  ??
View Quote

It will continue to beat down on the same spot and the flat earth will start to peel and crack just like a mud puddle. There will be tremendous fissures ripped into the surface and huge mountain ranges will be thrust upwards in terrible earthquakes causing volcanos to erupt flat earth wide. We are doomed, or is it domed?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There was a solar eclipse in the northwest about 6 month ago and nothing happened. Could it be that the government is trying to get a cattle drive going in hopes of a stampede? After all if people aren't stampeded how will government control them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some states and cities are getting prepared for a cluster for April 8th solar eclipse. The National Guard chemical, biological units are going to be stationed around the country.

They're estimating 1 million people will descend on Indiana alone. They're telling locals to stock up on food, medicines and fill up their gas tanks.

However, a local report that an "elite chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear unit" would be monitoring the event has led to a wave of suspicious social media posts.

"They're also urging residents to stock up with one to two weeks of food in advance of the event and to have full fuel tanks. They're also saying that it's likely that communication facilities could be overloaded, possibly making it difficult to make cell phone calls. Similar warnings are going out in different states, including Noblesville Fire Department in Texas."

https://www.newsweek.com/solar-eclipse-2024-nuclear-unit-national-guard-cbrn-chemical-fact-check-1881520

People will come from all over the country to experience the solar eclipse in Indiana. Even if you’re not viewing the eclipse from a spot of totality... you still need to plan ahead.

https://www.wdrb.com/eclipse/indiana-state-police-offers-tips-to-prepare-for-april-8s-solar-spectacle/article_c42dcece-e239-11ee-a464-1bed300cca72.html

INDIANAPOLIS — An estimated 1 million people will travel to Indiana to experience the path of totality for the solar eclipse on April 8.

That's a lot of extra cars on our roads and highways all at once.

Emergency responders are warning Hoosiers now about the potential traffic trouble, how they plan to deal with it and what we should plan for, too.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/world/solar-eclipse/police-warn-traffic-trouble-during-solar-eclipse-totality-path-april-8-indiana-timing-events/531-a40c7d84-9add-4049-bdbd-7006da0b3444

There was one seven years ago and it was a disaster in a lot of places. Gas stations running out of gas, interstates and back roads gridlocked for 100+ miles, small town grocery stores cleaned out of food, etc.
Exactly what they're telling locals to prepare for this time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Similar here except the entire county population is under 50K and in the 100% path, also have I70 going through county.

Wife works at Whirlpool, they gave everyone the day off do to traffic concerns.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top