BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure, but to the point of FFP mentioned in the OP… if your zero distance or caliber isn’t silly, anything inside of ~200yd should be point and click anyways… a good 5.56/6/6.5/.30 load out of a decent barrel length zeroed at 200 has a max rise of probably 2”, give or take.

In practical use, FFP only adds needless complexity/weight/cost in a 1-6 because something you’d be using 1-5x for with a typical caliber is probably close enough that holdovers aren’t critical... It’s not like a 3-18x or 5-25x where you might be looking at something 600-800yds away using a middling 12x and ballistic drop is a few feet so you need that calibrated reticle.
View Quote

Yes, that's right, I use the center dot for anything within 200.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
https://youtube.com/shorts/xgO53Q76_jM?si=rlCPgdMY9A6TOfKK

Dang YT shorts, I can't figure out how to get them to embed.

This is 250 or so, shots started on a full size IPSC and drop down to about 2 MOA.  6X was fine for this.  Red Dots and AKs were not good at this at all.  Shot last month at the GHTF shoot.  Not me shooting.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm still rocking a Burris 1-4x. I can't afford to keep up.
View Quote

1st gen Vortex checking in.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't shoot as much as I'd like but I'm at the point where I might sell my pa 1-6 a to fund a red dot of some sort. It's honestly too heavy on my rifle
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can’t think of a single thing about the VCOG that’s better.  It’s significantly heavier and larger, has a worse reticle selection and illumination.  What’s to like in that comparison?
View Quote

Not better, I just prefer it. Depending on which mount you use for an NX8, the average difference in weight compared to a 1-6 VCOG is around 4-5oz. Not bad. I find it a bit easier to get behind than the NX8. I like the simplicity of the TA51 mount. The feel, toughness and aesthetics. It's got great glass, the illumination is more than adequate and the reticle is exactly what I want for my purpose built GPR.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top