Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, ‘it’s why I just picked up a new Mustang GT 5.0 Premium with 20 inch wheels…..instead of the Rubicon. Yes apples to oranges I know, but it literally came down to those two and in the days I was deciding, I saw at least 5 females in Jeep Rubicons driving around Jacksonville Beach
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
So what is a car a woman should drive?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, ‘it’s why I just picked up a new Mustang GT 5.0 Premium with 20 inch wheels…..instead of the Rubicon. Yes apples to oranges I know, but it literally came down to those two and in the days I was deciding, I saw at least 5 females in Jeep Rubicons driving around Jacksonville Beach
View Quote

That was a fucking retarded way to make a decision.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If by “girl cars” you mean the majority of observed drivers are women…. yes.

Spend 3 hours a day commuting and the “who drives what” is a fun diversion. Wrangler/Rubicon are overwhelmingly female drivers. The only vehicles more predictably female are CH-Rs and other quirky looking mini CUVs, Fiat 500s, and VW beetle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the poll, just another example of how many goofballs are on here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Symptom of the world today. Most “men” have been emasculated and don’t even know it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
This Jeep thread doesn't have pics.

Jeep hulk SMASH!

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Buys a secretary’s car to feel manly”

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I loved my 79 CJ7 304 3 speed manual HD suspension. 7 leaf springs per wheel. Rear trak lock.
It was 4x4 for the Indiana snows and topless for the summer. Floor boards had pop out plugs for the drain holes and I put waterproof out door speakers and a pull out stereo so I didn't have to worry about rain.
Also it only cost $5200 brand new in October 78
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I reiterate: what car should a woman drive?

How does it threaten yours or anyone’s manliness for a woman to be driving the same thing you do?

I want to get my wife a Wrangler because it’s a great, fun, capable machine. It threatens me not at all.

You have deeper issues with your masculinity if something as trivial as a woman driving a vehicle you like sours it for you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Absolutely not, my gay friend who is a murse has one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#12]
All the jeeps I see are driven by college girls and women.  So it appears that jeeps are for girls now.  Shit I just realized my coworker drives a jeep.  She's probably 30.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Chicks drive Jeeps for the same reason
they sit on washing machines during the spin cycle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Sure if girls like 1 tons, 40’s, and 6.4 hemis.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All the jeeps I see are driven by college girls and women.  So it appears that jeeps are for girls now.  Shit I just realized my coworker drives a jeep.  She's probably 30.
View Quote

Yup. Except for a very few driven by men that look like they get off roaded, all are driven by women.

Personally I don't like Jeeps, unless it's a Willys MB or CJ-7, but that's for nostalgic purposes/fun cars

I don't make assumptions about a man's masculinity based on the vehicle he drives unless it has pink, purple, or rainbow crap on it. YMMV

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did a TJ not return your wave?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Death wobble is for dumbasses who don’t take of their shit. YJs aren’t immune.

And you have made my point. You need to heavily modify your YJ just to keep up.

Squares aren’t real Jeeps anyhow.

LOL, I modified my jeep because I wanted a jeep that would go anywhere I pointed it, and yes you are right yj's aren't immune to death wobble, however they are less likely to have it happen.
Also what am I trying to keep up with? Your tj on a rough country lift and 35s?

Did a TJ not return your wave?  

A small percentage of jeep drivers are just angry people.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#17]
(SIGH) Another one of these threads. I only read the responses for the lolz...sometimes.

People, buy whatever car you want and can afford. Enjoy yourself.

But also, don't base your entire life and personality around what car you drive.

Here's a helpful video on liking yourself, hope it helps someone:
Daily Affirmation: St. Patrick's Day - Saturday Night Live

Jeep is a brand. They will broaden or tailor the brand like stretching silly putty, in order to sell as many cars to as many people as possible (and comply with federal CAFE standards).

That's it. The only people truly happy about it are the SVPs of marketing, smiling down on the rest of us from the decks of their new boat. They spend the rest of their time making you want something you don't have, and subconsciously equating your tire size with your testicles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, at least 50% of the U.S. population is female, but when I go to Jeep events or mingle with Jeep club members the overwhelming majority of them are still men (like it's not even close).  

So, women might be buying up the Jeep Sports and Saharas, but they're not spending the money on the Rubicons or off-roading/overlanding with them in large number yet.

I will say that women like Jeeps, they love them. You will get more attention from women driving a Jeep than you will a semi high end sports car in most parts of this country.  As women start to earn more money, graduate in high numbers than men, and essentially are starting to gain parody with men financially I would suspect that inevitably you would find more women purchasing Jeeps.  However, I don't see the women going for the Rubicon's 35" tire and seeking out its unique off-road capability over the less expensive models.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How does it threaten yours or anyone’s manliness for a woman to be driving the same thing you do?

I want to get my wife a Wrangler because it’s a great, fun, capable machine. It threatens me not at all.

You have deeper issues with your masculinity if something as trivial as a woman driving a vehicle you like sours it for you.
View Quote

That's a great point. If I met ladies at the beach or in the mountains doing whatever in a Jeep, then I might be glad to talk to them. They might be fun.

What do you think should be my reaction if I see a bunch of chicks with blue hair, smoking cigarettes and loitering around their used Subaru?

Well first I would say "This is a tow away zone for local businesses. I know there was a show down the way, but please load your accordions and ukuleles and leave as soon as possible, thanks"!

See the difference there?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I loved my 79 CJ7 304 3 speed manual HD suspension. 7 leaf springs per wheel. Rear trak lock.
It was 4x4 for the Indiana snows and topless for the summer. Floor boards had pop out plugs for the drain holes and I put waterproof out door speakers and a pull out stereo so I didn't have to worry about rain.
View Quote

You should've got the 360 in that CJ-7, we were told earlier in this thread that was the last real Jeep.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

See that’s the thing about threads like this. Doesn’t matter if it’s clothing, a type of music, or God forbid a vehicle. It says a whole lot more about the person who is leveling the insults versus the one who isn’t caving to group think and doing what they want. If there’s one thing i’ve noticed through my years here is some of you mother fuckers are gay. You just haven’t come to terms with it yet. It’s ok. Come on out of that closet!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You should've got the 360 in that CJ-7, we were told earlier in this thread that was the last real Jeep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fo sho!

By the way, I had the same 304/3 speed combo in my 76 CJ-5.  Dumping the clutch and torque steering when actually sitting ON TOP of the rear axle was... interesting LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say they are girl cars but I will say that 90% of guys that own them are assholes.
View Quote

Ever stopped to think you’re the asshole and not every…single…person…driving a Jeep? Yeah I didn’t think so.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The modern ones have become a little more feminine.

I’d take my old CJ7 back in a heartbeat though.
View Quote

Your old CJ7 couldn’t hang. Looks better, but the newer Jeeps just outmatch the old ones so much even off roading.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#26]
It takes a special level of jealous delusion to claim carburetors, leaf springs, 2 piece axles and open channel frames as some sort of superior machine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It takes a special level of jealous delusion to claim carburetors, leaf springs, 2 piece axles and open channel frames as some sort of superior machine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102582/0F4761BF-9517-43C2-A6BF-1ED20CBE58A1_jpe-2378755.JPG
View Quote

CJ-7 frame isn’t open channel….
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If by “girl cars” you mean the majority of observed drivers are women…. yes.

Spend 3 hours a day commuting and the “who drives what” is a fun diversion. Wrangler/Rubicon are overwhelmingly female drivers. The only vehicles more predictably female are CH-Rs and other quirky looking mini CUVs, Fiat 500s, and VW beetle.
View Quote

I think it's funny to keep track of how many jeeps I pass with a bedazzled rubber duck on the dash. It's a really odd trend.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This Jeep thread doesn't have pics.

Jeep hulk SMASH!

https://i.ibb.co/mGY25V9/20210318-154539.jpg
View Quote

4runner hulk is better

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102582/0F4761BF-9517-43C2-A6BF-1ED20CBE58A1_jpe-2378755.JPG
View Quote
Just remember in 50 years, if your Jeep survives, it too can be a classic Jeep.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can’t imagine being so effeminate that I have to choose a car so people will know my gender.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#32]

I'll allow it.

Though technically we'll call this a power wagon and authorize male operation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Well...when I used to drive mine. Especially with the top off. Girls used to love it. Most of my female friends wanted to drive it...I remedied that problem..the driver seat is fixed. So it only fits a 6'2" 220lb person...I don't hang out with any women that size
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I travel to Moab for work fairly often.  I see more Jeeps on those days than most people see for weeks or months.

The vast majority are driven by men, and they aren't in Moab to go to the mall.  Moab is over 100 miles from the nearest mall.  

I will also say that the vast majority of the Jeeps I see are Rubicons.  The ratio is about one in a dozen that are the sport models, and many of those have been built with bigger axles and aftermarket diffs anyway.

I was also surprised that when the JL models came out so many people ran out and bought them.  Around half the Jeeps on the road are JLs now, and a fair amount of them are gladiators.  

Even in Moab, 2dr models are rare.  About like the sport models, they are maybe 1 in 20.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#35]
2-door is best-door.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Not sure I can say what a woman SHOULD drive but a toned, tan, pretty woman in a minivan gets me going QUICK. In the short term, we all want "fun" and that is what women potray with their Jeeps. I've always liked the idea of building something with an attractive woman, so Sienna for the win. Guys want women they can trust and Jeep doesn't make me think they are trustworthy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#37]

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-wrangler-owner-demographics-stats-age-gender-income-and-more.93841/
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top